PDA

View Full Version : 3 items to mention on the “state of the dinar”

old joe
12-06-2012, 06:35 AM
There are three items to mention on the “state of the dinar”: 1. Tomorrow, Thursday, Ki-moon will be in Baghdad and it appears there is a heavy emphasis on Chapter 7. Ki-moon will meet with Talabani and Maliki…this is a ONE DAY visit, which basically means there isn’t a lot of negotiating, strategizing, or anything else going on – it’s a “Hi how ya doing? Can we sign this thing yet? GREAT!” type of meeting. (Or it’s a “No, we need another week to get Erbil wrapped up…either way, things are going the right way!) 2. Changing the currency, deleting the zeros, raising the value, etc. We are seeing a few opposing articles – some say that they plan to swap out the currency in January, others say that’s not going to happen. Here is why: The bank has been a supporter of simply removing the zeros. They feel they have inflation and volume of currency under control. Removing the 0′s without changing the value is a straight bunny-ear – no value is gained, no value is lost, but what IS lost is two things: The money it takes to needlessly reprint currency, and the potential to recapture lost wealth. I’m certain that Shabibi’s actions (putting a l0p ahead of an RV) had a lot to do with him being removed. Now that he is not able to stick his nose directly in the business, I would like to see Maliki move forward at an accelerated pace to raise the value significantly. (If Shabs comes back after the value is raised and is put in charge of maintaining the stability of the new rate, I’m sure he will do a good job.) And finally… 3. The announcement of AsiaCell coming onto the ISX… there is a LOT of speculation on AsiaCell – does it signify an RV, does it have anything to do with the RV at all? I say no, but it IS a good indicator that things are STILL going the right direction. We’ve been watching this investment for 10 years now, and although it really looks like things are wrapping up at an accelerated pace… there’s no law that says it can’t go another 10. (I’m not saying I think it WILL go another 10! I’m just saying anything is possible)…one last thing… a warrant was also issued for Saleh. Saleh has recently been mimicking what Shabibi was saying before his warrant was issued so it is very easy to see that the GOI (Maliki personally?) may be issuing warrants and warnings to everyone opposing an RV.

PennStateMtnMan
12-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks Adam.

IRAQISTEVE1
12-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Now that's funny stuff right there!!!

baz
12-07-2012, 01:39 PM
There are three items to mention on the “state of the dinar”: 1. Tomorrow, Thursday, Ki-moon will be in Baghdad and it appears there is a heavy emphasis on Chapter 7. Ki-moon will meet with Talabani and Maliki…this is a ONE DAY visit, which basically means there isn’t a lot of negotiating, strategizing, or anything else going on – it’s a “Hi how ya doing? Can we sign this thing yet? GREAT!” type of meeting. (Or it’s a “No, we need another week to get Erbil wrapped up…either way, things are going the right way!) 2. Changing the currency, deleting the zeros, raising the value, etc. We are seeing a few opposing articles – some say that they plan to swap out the currency in January, others say that’s not going to happen. Here is why: The bank has been a supporter of simply removing the zeros. They feel they have inflation and volume of currency under control. Removing the 0′s without changing the value is a straight bunny-ear – no value is gained, no value is lost, but what IS lost is two things: The money it takes to needlessly reprint currency, and the potential to recapture lost wealth. I’m certain that Shabibi’s actions (putting a l0p ahead of an RV) had a lot to do with him being removed. Now that he is not able to stick his nose directly in the business, I would like to see Maliki move forward at an accelerated pace to raise the value significantly. (If Shabs comes back after the value is raised and is put in charge of maintaining the stability of the new rate, I’m sure he will do a good job.) And finally… 3. The announcement of AsiaCell coming onto the ISX… there is a LOT of speculation on AsiaCell – does it signify an RV, does it have anything to do with the RV at all? I say no, but it IS a good indicator that things are STILL going the right direction. We’ve been watching this investment for 10 years now, and although it really looks like things are wrapping up at an accelerated pace… there’s no law that says it can’t go another 10. (I’m not saying I think it WILL go another 10! I’m just saying anything is possible)…one last thing… a warrant was also issued for Saleh. Saleh has recently been mimicking what Shabibi was saying before his warrant was issued so it is very easy to see that the GOI (Maliki personally?) may be issuing warrants and warnings to everyone opposing an RV.

Best not to take to much notice of someone who's main object it to travel the world picking up honorary degree's in this that and the other, all for free, if Ki-Moon has any good points worth a mention most likely he got them of the Samsung TV's his own country makes....."Buy Korean now, forget Iraq and it's oil..buy Samsung".

GaryU
12-16-2012, 02:52 AM
I don't have a Samsung (yet), but I do drive a Hyundai....

baz
12-16-2012, 07:42 PM
I don't have a Samsung (yet), but I do drive a Hyundai....

Oh....So it was you that bought it.

Only joking, they are pretty good as it goes.

GaryU
12-17-2012, 05:53 PM
baz, it was my turn...now let's get this 'money' movin....

Templar62
12-20-2012, 02:17 AM
Korea has vested interest in Iraq. It's not too hard to see there is correlation.

And the more you become aware of the unknown self - if you become aware of it - the more you realize that it is inseparably connected with everything else that is.-Allan Watts-