PDA

View Full Version : A responce from Warka Bank

James
12-14-2015, 10:47 AM
I sent Warka an email 2 weeks ago. I have probably resent the same email 6 times in the last two weeks. Today I received a reply. Maybe this well brighten everyone's day.

Dear Sir,

Please note that Warka Bank for Invetsment and Finance will resume trading after holding its general assembly meeting and capital increase in accordance with the CBI rehabilitation plan date of which is yet to be set and confirmed all depending on the joint agreement between Warka Board- Management and CBI.

With regards to your current Warka stock holdings you currently own: XXXXXXXX shares.

Our shareholders department will shortly provide you with your stock holdings statement.

Enjoy the day and best regards,
Mohammad K. Issa

Managing Director
Senior Executive
Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

RogueTurtle
12-14-2015, 11:57 AM
Awesome!! Soon Maybe.

chakkarchee
12-14-2015, 01:36 PM
Do they have any words or any plans for our share or just " forgive and forgotten start all over again ".

Will-it-happen?
12-14-2015, 02:55 PM
great news

wonder if this will be done and dusted by 7th Feb, as that's the date Warka last traded on the ISX

What If....
12-14-2015, 04:49 PM
Does that include proxy shares?

oldskiier
12-14-2015, 08:09 PM
I would think this would include Proxy.. jmo . :) BUT WOW !!! Best News in years !! Thank You For The Info :)

pirata
12-14-2015, 09:35 PM
great news

wonder if this will be done and dusted by 7th Feb, as that's the date Warka last traded on the ISX
I was thinking exactly the same,but I hope warka
being out so long return faster!!

calstar
12-14-2015, 11:23 PM
Thanks james "Great News!".

Brazileiro
12-15-2015, 12:47 PM
more good news from Warka,,,looks like we are now waiting for the CBI to set a date...

Will-it-happen?
12-15-2015, 05:05 PM
Their website still down tho.

oldskiier
12-15-2015, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't Worry ..... I'm Sure They Are Making big Changes Right Now ..as They Come Back to Life :)

Their website still down tho.

dinar shore
12-15-2015, 06:32 PM
Hi James,

Another 2004 Investors Iraq comrade! Quick question, is Mr. Issa referring to just your Warka Bank stock shares, proxy stocks or stocks 'in your good name'? Thanks for any clarity?

Dinar Shore

I sent Warka an email 2 weeks ago. I have probably resent the same email 6 times in the last two weeks. Today I received a reply. Maybe this well brighten everyone's day.

Dear Sir,

Please note that Warka Bank for Invetsment and Finance will resume trading after holding its general assembly meeting and capital increase in accordance with the CBI rehabilitation plan date of which is yet to be set and confirmed all depending on the joint agreement between Warka Board- Management and CBI.

With regards to your current Warka stock holdings you currently own: XXXXXXXX shares.

Our shareholders department will shortly provide you with your stock holdings statement.

Enjoy the day and best regards,
Mohammad K. Issa

Managing Director
Senior Executive
Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

pirata
12-15-2015, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't Worry ..... I'm Sure They Are Making big Changes Right Now ..as They Come Back to Life :)
100% agree :cool:

James
12-15-2015, 08:08 PM
Hi James,

Another 2004 Investors Iraq comrade! Quick question, is Mr. Issa referring to just your Warka Bank stock shares, proxy stocks or stocks 'in your good name'? Thanks for any clarity?

Dinar Shore

Hello
I was asking for an updated stock list. (all my Shares/all Companies)- These are in "my good name" . Mr. Issa sent me my Warka (WARK) share totals not the rest of my stocks. It will be interesting to see how closely my records will match theirs. The amount of Warka shares I was told WAS accurate with my records. I can only hope all our shares are accurate for splits/free shares being added along the way.

In addition I inquired in a second email about CD's. Below is the response I receive concerning that question.

"Dear Sir,

Currently we are not offering CDS which is temporary until we set the new interest rates based on the rehabilitation get well plan.

Appreciate your fine patience and support to Warka Bank… "

24mm exposed grid
12-16-2015, 11:26 AM
Great News........ Show me the money then I'm the hell out of Iraq, never to look back.

deanswanson
12-16-2015, 01:58 PM
Great News!!! I could not believe that a bank the size of Warka would be allowed to go in the TANK!!! JMHO DeanO

Will-it-happen?
12-21-2015, 01:38 PM
I got a response from Warkas ISX dept !!!!

They sent me my up-to-date share holdings , minus my Warka bank shares

Things are happening !!!

Brazileiro
12-21-2015, 04:42 PM
I got a response from Warkas ISX dept !!!!

They sent me my up-to-date share holdings , minus my Warka bank shares

Things are happening !!!Excellent! Still nada from Warka in regards to my request to purchase another CD...

James
12-21-2015, 07:02 PM
Excellent! Still nada from Warka in regards to my request to purchase another CD...

This is what they told me this week.

"Dear Sir,

Currently we are not offering CDS which is temporary until we set the new interest rates based on the rehabilitation get well plan.

Appreciate your fine patience and support to Warka Bank…

Enjoy the day and best regards,"

Brazileiro
12-21-2015, 09:37 PM
This is what they told me this week.

"Dear Sir,

Appreciate your fine patience and support to Warka Bank…

Enjoy the day and best regards,"thanks for the info! I've been emailing the request for many many months and had no response. I even emailed asking if CD's were still available.

Will be interested to see what the new rate will be,,,and what the rest of the get well plan entails,,,and when it's going to be completed,,and,,and...and... hahaha

40plus
12-22-2015, 03:32 AM
Likewise. I will leave a tiny amount in just for laughs.

calstar
12-23-2015, 12:08 AM
​How much did they charge for the update?

James
12-23-2015, 03:33 AM
In my letter I put "a fee of IQD 2500 or USD $2 for a complete stock portfolio" I went to my online account and have not seen any deductions. The fee I quoted was one from an old email I had used in the past so I do not know if it was correct but it worked just the same.
For my online renewal I have used "an annual fee of (15,000) Dinars" Again I do not know if it is correct but I have never had anyone correction from the bank.

Looking at Warka's Bank page I found these fees. I do not know how current they are.
http://www.warka-bank.com/?427dacca3edd8203f5aceefbb96c6d2efc545ea6

calstar
12-23-2015, 07:28 PM
Thanks James

SamsonGold
12-24-2015, 11:40 PM
​Thank you, James. And a Merry Christmas to all!!! Happy New Year!!! Go Warka!!!

JERSEY DINAR
12-27-2015, 06:24 PM
I too received a response from Mr. I pointing me to the ebanking division in order to provide info to reset my password.
I have to feel that they are still invested in making the bank work. Otherwise they would just not respond IMHO.

JERSEY DINAR
12-28-2015, 07:44 AM
Got another email from Mr. I and ebanking. Got my new password, was able to view my account online and it looks like my interest rate has been deposited.

James
12-29-2015, 02:12 AM
I sent an email for a friend at 2:00am EST to Warka. I received a reply in less than 10 minutes. I was presently surprised at the response time. I can only hope things will get better for everyone with all our banking needs. I asked for my friends online password to be updated and their stock totals to be updated on their behalf.a
P.s. I edited the name in the reply email.

"Dear Sir,

Please note that your request has been passed to the related departments where they will provide the details shortly.

With regards to the updated stock statement please note that the Iraqi Stock Exchange is currently closed end the of the fiscal week where the statement will be provided second week of January 2016…

Respectfully,

M K. I

Will-it-happen?
12-31-2015, 03:15 PM
got my interest

INTEREST CAPITALIZATION TRANSACTIONS
30/12/2015

dlakerII
01-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Hey guys I'm checking in... Last request for new MasterCard and password reset 1 week... are we still required to do signature request and code ID for authentication...

James
01-03-2016, 01:26 PM
Likewise. It is nice to see the accounts are being updated.

frypot
01-04-2016, 12:45 AM
does anyone know why i cannot get a response emailed back to me from warka about my stocks in proxy, and my savings account balances? is this normal? or has my money disappeared and they just dont want to tell me?

James
01-04-2016, 10:23 PM
does anyone know why i cannot get a response emailed back to me from warka about my stocks in proxy, and my savings account balances? is this normal? or has my money disappeared and they just dont want to tell me?

Most of my emails to Warka I send early in the morning around 2am. Est. For them it is 10am. Two weeks ago I had a response in under 10 minutes. Here is the email address I used. mohammad.k.issa@warka-bank-iq.com
I always include a photo ID when making a request of any sort. (Same photo ID I used to open an account years ago. )
Hope this helps.

frypot
01-05-2016, 12:06 AM
thank you, i will try that!

James
01-24-2016, 11:35 AM
I asked how soon this Warka bank will finalize its general assembly meeting? This is the reply I received this morning.

Dear Mr. I
Thank you for keeping me informed. Can you tell me when will Warka bank finalize its general assembly meeting? Are we talking in the next 2 weeks? Or 1 month ? or longer?

The general assembly meeting and procedures should be finalized within june of this year in accordance with the get well plan set by the CBI…best regards

thebest
01-24-2016, 05:29 PM
I asked how soon this Warka bank will finalize its general assembly meeting? This is the reply I received this morning.

Dear Mr. I
Thank you for keeping me informed. Can you tell me when will Warka bank finalize its general assembly meeting? Are we talking in the next 2 weeks? Or 1 month ? or longer?

The general assembly meeting and procedures should be finalized within june of this year in accordance with the get well plan set by the CBI…best regards

Your e-mail chat is more better than the American contractor.
I ask Issa if the CBI will compensate Warka and us for the lost time, but never answer it.
I guest this part still in the court.

Brazileiro
01-24-2016, 09:25 PM

Dear Mr. I

The general assembly meeting and procedures should be finalized within june of this year in accordance with the get well plan set by the CBIbest regards wow at least you got a reply to a question other than reset password or stocks,,,,so it looks like late june/july at the earliest before we might have access to our accounts,,,

thanks for sharing warka's response

Will-it-happen?
01-25-2016, 06:04 PM
They emailed you before posting info on their site ?

James
01-25-2016, 10:58 PM
That was what Mr. Issa replied in his email.

I will be the first to say Warka does a poor job maintaining their website with updates. I could not find anything dated 2014- today on their website.

Over the past 2 months through emails I have been able to get my updated stocks portfolio as well as my online password updated. This has been encouraging but I still cannot buy or sell stock until their general assembly meeting.

Now we wait to see what Warka and the CBI decide to do with general assembly meeting as Mr. Issa indicated procedures should be finalized within June. (Honestly I will believe it when I see it because NOTHING follows a time schedule it seems in Iraq - IMO)

I am as anxious as everyone else to get information about Warka . (CD rates, Mastercards, stocks.)

I wonder what the shares of Warka will open again on the ISX and how far they will tumble - based on what the banks are currently at (Bank Of Baghdad the highest today at .99 cent or North Bank at .20 a share) I could not begin to guess.

I just post what I received in my emails. No agenda just pass it on. There is not anything any of us can do but wait on Warka.

RogueTurtle
01-26-2016, 12:17 AM
Thanks James for the updates, much appreciated.

seadesk
01-26-2016, 05:44 PM
Thank you James for sharing.

seadesk

James
01-27-2016, 11:50 AM
I sent 2 emails this week to Mr. Issa asking about their MasterCards. I asked if they could send me an application. I had a card several years ago but wanted to upgrade in the future. Hopefully all works out in the future with Warka.

Dear Mr. Issa
Could I get a pdf copy of your Mastercard application?

Please note that we are currently not offering MC cards internationally only locally specifically for payroll service…best regards

Next email question.

Thank you Mr. Issa for your response. Does this mean if I currently have a Silver Master Card it is still valid?

My pleasure once the service is internationally re-activated you and all our international clients will have full access top their cards and funds…best regards.

RogueTurtle
01-27-2016, 12:05 PM
Kool, thanks James

Brazileiro
01-27-2016, 04:23 PM
I sent 2 emails this week to Mr. Issa asking about their MasterCards. I asked if they could send me an application. I had a card several years ago but wanted to upgrade in the future. Hopefully all works out in the future with Warka.

Dear Mr. Issa
Could I get a pdf copy of your Mastercard application?

Please note that we are currently not offering MC cards internationally only locally specifically for payroll service…best regards

Next email question.

Thank you Mr. Issa for your response. Does this mean if I currently have a Silver Master Card it is still valid?

My pleasure once the service is internationally re-activated you and all our international clients will have full access top their cards and funds…best regards.

That is great news for you that he responded. Especially so quickly. I've gotten nada from anyone there for quite awhile now. Can you pm me the email address you get the responses from? I'm using the same I've used for years and have had responses from. Gracias

mike032588
01-27-2016, 06:13 PM
i emailed about 25 times in past 2 months... NOTHING...

40plus
01-27-2016, 07:41 PM
I decided some time ago to give Mr. Issa a break while they work on being re-established. It's kind of like when you have the flu and you have to give your body the opportunity to heal.

Relax. It looks like it is all being worked out.

Garf
01-29-2016, 11:19 AM
Thanks James. This gives us some small sliver of hope.

Nice to see Mr I is still on board.