PDA

View Full Version : CBI announces its guardianship "Warka" and waving his elimination

guardian
12-20-2012, 01:05 AM
CBI announces its guardianship "Warka" and waving his elimination

19/12/2012 | (Voice of Iraq) - Add a comment -

Twilight News waved Iraqi Central Bank, on Wednesday, the liquidation of the Warka Bank unless repaid $ 200 billion dinars before the end of this year.

and Warka Bank 130 branches across Iraq. , the bank said in a statement received "Twilight News" copy of it, that management Warka Bank for Investment and Finance "committed numerous errors which summoned the Central Bank to impose trusteeship upon start act Capricorn liquidate him," he said, adding that the bank where many problems.

said the bank that he "studied options liquidation and rehabilitation under very careful on the interests of depositors and their rights," and said he was " Note that the liquidation of the bank was equity risk."

and added, "keep the Warka Bank on this case is contrary to trends central bank in building a Iraqi bank Rezin and enhance confidence in him."

He said he decided to issue warnings to the Warka Bank until the 31 of December, to be repaid what was agreed upon deposit of $ 200 billion dinars in the light of what has been meeting with him, otherwise, the central bank takes action to eliminate him. EM

http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php?id=81199#ixzz2FWoB8TEB

Fishindinar
12-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Looks like the end, wonder if we lose everything?

War Eagle
12-20-2012, 01:37 PM
I think the CBI guarantees our accounts!

arh777
12-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Central of Warka either (liquidation) or (rehab) and giving him 10 days to deposit 200 billion dinars
Print | E-mail | Hits: 344

cms BAGHDAD / obelisk: Central Bank has given the Warka Bank for ten days to comply with its decisions Judge deposit of $ 200 billion Iraqi dinars and not to damage the interests of its clients.

A statement issued by the bank and got the obelisk, a copy of "I faced the Warka Bank for Investment and Finance several problems and committed his administration a lot of mistakes, which summoned the Iraqi Central Bank to impose trusteeship upon start act Capricorn liquidate him has offered major shareholders in the bank several proposals for his rehabilitation."

The statement noted that "the Board of Directors of the Central Bank studied two options to address the situation Bank Warka first heading toward (liquidation) and the second emphasizes the (rehab) under very careful on the interests of depositors and their rights and noted that the liquidation of the bank threaten their rights."

"The keep the bank on this case is contrary to trends central bank in building a Iraqi bank Rezin and strengthen confidence" past to say "it Council decided to extend a warning to the Warka Bank until 12/31/2012 to pay what was agreed upon deposit of $ 200 billion dinars, Otherwise take the Central Bank of the necessary measures to eliminate him. "

The Central Bank of Iraq announced, (5 March 2012) on the status of the Warka Bank under trusteeship after the failure of talks with British bank Standard Chartered, which began in April 2011 to buy a stake in it after suffering a financial crisis summoned and placed under guardianship.

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance, which was established in 1999, 130 branches and 350 ATMs in all parts of Iraq.

It is noteworthy that Iraq has seven banks owned by the state and 23 private banks and eight Islamic banks in particular, according to the site's central bank, while dominated by the banking sector banks Rafidain and Rasheed Aovernmaan, and subject currently restructuring in order to pay off the debts accumulated after years of war and sanctions.
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=vRDDS-H5KIXanAfuxbWTCg&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwww.nahrain.com%26hl%3Den%26client%3D firefox-a%26hs%3DmGJ%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&u=http://www.almasalah.com/index.php/2012-06-25-12-38-33/4274-%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D9%2585%25D8%25B1%25D9%2583 %25D8%25B2%25D9%258A-%25D9%258A%25D8%25A8%25D9%2584%25D8%25BA-%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D9%2588%25D8%25B1%25D9%2583 %25D8%25A7%25D8%25A1-%25D8%25A5%25D9%2585%25D8%25A7-%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25AA%25D8%25B5%25D9%2581 %25D9%258A%25D8%25A9-%25D8%25A7%25D9%2588-%25D8%25A7%25D8%25B9%25D8%25A7%25D8%25AF%25D8%25A9-%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25AA%25D8%25A3%25D9%2587 %25D9%258A%25D9%2584-%25D9%2588%25D9%258A%25D9%2585%25D9%2587%25D9%2584 %25D9%2587-10-%25D8%25A7%25D9%258A%25D8%25A7%25D9%2585-%25D9%2584%25D8%25A7%25D9%258A%25D8%25AF%25D8%25A7 %25D8%25B9-200-%25D9%2585%25D9%2584%25D9%258A%25D8%25A7%25D8%25B1-%25D8%25AF%25D9%258A%25D9%2586%25D8%25A7%25D8%25B1 .html&usg=ALkJrhhP0dxwcYRvMWNGRkCaIWN5eMUUwg

Major Payne
12-20-2012, 02:17 PM
I think the CBI guarantees our accounts!

I don't think Iraq has any kind FDIC in place from the govt. or CBI. On the other hand does the CBI only want to get control of Warka Bank keeping all of its accounts safe and in place. It seems to me Iraq is trying to advance its banking system and getting rid of the largest bank in the country would be counter productive to this goal.

Will-it-happen?
12-20-2012, 02:36 PM
surely they will find a buyer ?

lonelyintexas
12-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Hopefully their is account protection under the CBI rules, or we will see Warka come up with the funds to make solvent.
LIT

chakkarchee
12-20-2012, 05:15 PM
To e Warka is a gonner, no way no how, owners will come up with 200 mil by end of December.

So what is next for warka and its account holders is the BIG question indeed.

Brazileiro
12-20-2012, 06:19 PM
hmmmm,,,here's a thought,,,if they don't come up with the 200b (unlikely imo) and the cbi takes over, will the cbi go back and see if SC is still interested? My understanding is that if SC had gotten 51% during original talks it would have been a done deal...

any opinions?

Fishindinar
12-20-2012, 06:38 PM
This begs the question why would Bunnia lose everything instead of selling.

Brazileiro
12-20-2012, 07:45 PM
I had thought of that but came up empty,,,could be almost anything,,, did he know the cbi was going to put warka under guardianship if the deal fell through? The cbi waited until talks with SC were dead correct? If I was in his shoes and knew I would have taken the SC $$$,,,unless he didn't believe it would happen (they can't do that to me!)

the next few months will be interesting for sure,,,I wonder what Bunnia et al proposed?

lonelyintexas
12-20-2012, 09:29 PM
I agree Fishindinar, just doesn't make sense to lose it all when there is a solution.
LIT

dinar shore
12-20-2012, 10:19 PM
I smell a rat named Maliki behing this. If my withering memory is right, isn't Al Bunnia an Sunni? If so, maybe the Shiite majority of Iraq (and Iran) wants a Shiite majority holder of the largest bank in Iraq. I, like many, thought that Warka stock would be the safest stock to load up on and I certainly was one of them. I still find it hard to believe that Mr. I is still working for them. He's too smart and good at what he does to go down with this Iraqi Titanic.

Will-it-happen?
12-21-2012, 12:16 PM
if its a show of power and warka fails then Iraq really is stuffed

however if they sell the bank to the likes of SC then the $200bil will be repaid in a jiffy and Al-Bunia will lose his holdings

I hope !!

investindinar
12-21-2012, 09:34 PM
I believe you're right about the CBI's intentions. It seems to me, IMHO, that Al Maliki and company wanted to eliminate Saad Al Bunnia's majority ownership of Al Warka all along. When they were presented with the opportunity to create a problem for Al Bunnia, they took it. Their intention was to (1) create the situaton whereby the CBI takes over custodianship, (2) make it impossible for Al Bunnia to come up with the cash/investments to maintain sufficient reserves, (3) force him out of majority ownership, and (4) get another group of buyers/investors to take over majority ownership of Al Warka.

Very likely results of CBI custodianship: (a) New investors maintain shareholder value of Al Warka bank, and maybe even increase it, (b) account holders will be protected, and hopefully, stock investors under custody of Al Warka Investment arm of the bank will be protected also, and (c) Al Bunnia is a non-player with Al Warka.

Just my 2 dinars worth.

investindinar

Fishindinar
12-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Unless he already raided Warka, I can't see anyone just walking away from owning a bank.

Fishindinar
12-22-2012, 01:14 PM
The Bunnia family has deep pockets and banks are very profitable.

http://www.albunnia.com/

Will-it-happen?
12-22-2012, 02:17 PM
The Bunnia family has deep pockets and banks are very profitable.

http://www.albunnia.com/

that website gives that appearance

Will-it-happen?
12-22-2012, 02:43 PM
so how come they dont pay back the money ?

Dinar Index
12-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Good Point!! Fish..

Dinar Index
12-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Unless he already raided Warka, I can't see anyone just walking away from owning a bank.

Good Point Fish..

RoyalBeluga
12-22-2012, 07:54 PM
It's the most wonderful time of the year ..... la la la la la laaaa ... eat, drink and be merry everyone :D

War Eagle
12-22-2012, 09:19 PM
The Bunnia family are the Rockerfellows of Iraq.Go to their web site Al-Bunnia.com and see their VAST holdings.Surely,unless Saad Al-Bunnia is on the "outs " with the family,they can raise the money.Secondly, if I were about to lose EVERYTHING,I would go back to Standard Charter, "with my hat in my hand ",and agree to give up 51 %. Maybe the CB has already made arrangements with SC to take over after Al-Bunnia (a Sunni )is gone.You know,Maliki is "getting rid of his competition,especially the Sunnis!!

War Eagle
12-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Folks; You can find the greatest authors in the world and they could NOT write a script like what is transpiring in IraQ!!!!

Jerry
12-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Hi all... It's been a long time. In This article http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2012/03/29/warka-bank-saga-shows-iraq-political-business-tensions/

Bunnia says “They don’t want a strong bank to operate and compete with state banks,” said British-educated Bunia, a member of one of Iraq’s old and wealthy merchant families, who accuses authorities of waging a campaign to undermine the bank"

With the report going on to say..."The saga also shows how political divisions plague business in Iraq. The controversy over Warka has polarised government officials and members of parliament, highlighting a rift between the Shi’ite-led government and a Sunni Muslim community which lost political dominance because of the U.S. invasion in 2003, but which still retains considerable economic power. <(Importnat part)

However the Central Banks DG argues "The custodianship decision was prompted by growing liquidity problems at Warka, its difficulties in meeting depositor withdrawals, and its failure to reach an agreement in talks with Standard Chartered on the foreign bank acquiring a majority stake" And..."The bank expanded by giving loans – it appeared collateral for these loans was weak. What concerns us foremost is the stability of the financial sector and depositors’ rights, and thirdly shareholders’ rights" But pointed out... “This is not a bad bank and was one of the best private banks in terms of assets, technology and the number of its branches, which constituted more than a quarter of private bank branches” in the country"

Me... I think it's a little of both. However you all were pretty spot on.

Jerry
12-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Hi all... It's been a long time. In This article http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2012/03/29/warka-bank-saga-shows-iraq-political-business-tensions/

Bunnia says “They don’t want a strong bank to operate and compete with state banks,” said British-educated Bunia, a member of one of Iraq’s old and wealthy merchant families, who accuses authorities of waging a campaign to undermine the bank"

With the report going on to say..."The saga also shows how political divisions plague business in Iraq. The controversy over Warka has polarised government officials and members of parliament, highlighting a rift between the Shi’ite-led government and a Sunni Muslim community which lost political dominance because of the U.S. invasion in 2003, but which still retains considerable economic power. <(Importnat part)

However the Central Banks DG argues "The custodianship decision was prompted by growing liquidity problems at Warka, its difficulties in meeting depositor withdrawals, and its failure to reach an agreement in talks with Standard Chartered on the foreign bank acquiring a majority stake" And..."The bank expanded by giving loans – it appeared collateral for these loans was weak. What concerns us foremost is the stability of the financial sector and depositors’ rights, and thirdly shareholders’ rights" But pointed out... “This is not a bad bank and was one of the best private banks in terms of assets, technology and the number of its branches, which constituted more than a quarter of private bank branches” in the country"

Oh and P.S. Khalil al-Bunnia (Saad's Brother) Ownes the family business but not the bank. Last I heard a long time ago Saad fell out of the familys graces when he purchased one of the largest buildings in Baghdad without Khalil's permission. Something about that being behind Saad's detention by CF but later released.

dinar shore
12-26-2012, 03:22 AM
Good to see you posting, Jerry, from another 'ole timer'. Merry Christmas!

Oh and P.S. Khalil al-Bunnia (Saad's Brother) Ownes the family business but not the bank. Last I heard a long time ago Saad fell out of the familys graces when he purchased one of the largest buildings in Baghdad without Khalil's permission. Something about that being behind Saad's detention by CF but later released.

calstar
12-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Hi Jerry, thanks for post. Its been a long time you ole salt.

Hue Mi
12-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Page 30 of http://www.albunnia.com/

Investments:

Al Bunnia Group maintains and [sic] investment portfolio which holds shares in publicly-traded companies. Al Bunnia Group holdings include:

Iraqi National Bank
Al Warka’ Bank
Ahlia Insurance Company
Baghdad Company for Soft Drinks ( Pepsi Cola Company )
Al Razi Chemicals and Cosmetics Company
Iraqi Packing and Canning Company
National Company for Chemical Products and Plastics

haggisbasher
12-26-2012, 09:47 PM
According to the CBI Saad Bunnia has till 1st January 2013 to make or break Al-Warka,wonder if he will pay the 200 million USD capital to keep it trading or will he merge,don't want to think about the other option,hope it works out for everyone,,good luck to all us Al-Warka investors we should know soon.

Fishindinar
12-26-2012, 11:21 PM
There is some kind of civil conflict between the Sunni and Shiite, the later is in power, the former was in power during Sadaam years.

lonelyintexas
12-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Well, I really hope they gather the investors for this 200 million we are seeing the articles. Let's hope this works out for us Warka investors.
LIT

Virenque
12-27-2012, 03:06 PM
With regards to the CBI press statement please note that our CEO and Chairman of the Board of Directors has submitted to the CBI a proposition a get well business plan exceeding the capital requirement set by the CBI covering over IQD 300 billion over a period of 6 months the standard period in accordance with the set business procedures protocols and guidelines where the board of directors hopes that this proposition is taken into consideration and approved for the good benefit of all the fine parties concerned where a notice will be posted on our website regarding the result of this proposal.

That's what I got as a response today when I asked them whether is it safe to deposit money to my account considering the latest news about possible liquidation.

anteas
12-27-2012, 04:08 PM
That's what I got as a response today when I asked them whether is it safe to deposit money to my account considering the latest news about possible liquidation.

my account will save in warka bank?

Fishindinar
12-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Great stuff guys.

shardima
12-27-2012, 09:29 PM
This is good news so now let's watch warka for news or an announcement!

lonelyintexas
12-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Yes, definately good news. Let's hope this plan is put into action.
LIT

cowpoke
12-28-2012, 08:50 PM
No wonder Warka has been transferring ALL my stocks into my Good name over the last couple weeks. I just checked My Email and there are 6 companies that have been converted into my name and it looks like a couple hundred grand dinars in transfer fees. Crazy cuz I have not asked for this.
Either they are helping this brother out for being a good client or kicking me to the curb.
Warka Brokerage service is still a separate entity so perhaps they are robbing Aamir to pay Aariz

Kickabuck
12-28-2012, 10:11 PM

While the response you received may be factual, I wouldn't bet money on it. Warka's previous replies indicated they would return to trading soon after their capital increase. That didn't happen. They then said they would return to trading after their merger with SC, that didn't happen either. After being delisted, then given a 12/31 deadline to raise 200B, the thought of a 6 month extension to achieve that appears risky on both sides. Not to mention, there's nothing in the works that says their unlisted stock will ever be worth anything again. The only bright side is that it's owned by a very powerful family in the middle east, it's the only hope to those invested. Who knows, it may still be worth something...but "new" money should go through a different bank/broker.

Fishindinar
12-28-2012, 10:38 PM
The response does seem to lack the Arablish wording usually confusing IIF forum members.

24mm exposed grid
12-29-2012, 10:35 AM
While the response you received may be factual, I wouldn't bet money on it. Warka's previous replies indicated they would return to trading soon after their capital increase. That didn't happen. They then said they would return to trading after their merger with SC, that didn't happen either. After being delisted, then given a 12/31 deadline to raise 200B, the thought of a 6 month extension to achieve that appears risky on both sides. Not to mention, there's nothing in the works that says their unlisted stock will ever be worth anything again. The only bright side is that it's owned by a very powerful family in the middle east, it's the only hope to those invested. Who knows, it may still be worth something...but "new" money should go through a different bank/broker.

Why anyone should take any comfort in Warka's BS responses at this stage is beyond me.

Time after time after time after time, we have been misled, promised, and straight out lied to. The only things that they have delivered in the past 2 -3 years are disapointment and for the past 18 months, an inability to pay it's depositors.

I still believe that one way or another depositors will get paid. I also believe that stock held in own name will be safe and remain transferable. Unfortunately, I believe Warka Bank stock will come out of this totally without value, unless there is a merger with a major foreign banking institution. The Warka bank name needs to disappear forever after this long drawn out fiasco.

chakkarchee
12-29-2012, 12:22 PM
No wonder Warka has been transferring ALL my stocks into my Good name over the last couple weeks. I just checked My Email and there are 6 companies that have been converted into my name and it looks like a couple hundred grand dinars in transfer fees. Crazy cuz I have not asked for this.
Either they are helping this brother out for being a good client or kicking me to the curb.
Warka Brokerage service is still a separate entity so perhaps they are robbing Aamir to pay Aariz

This is what I am ferting about a "Aamir to pay Aariz" senario, and when accounting begins on Warka brokerage.
This ship is in the middle of the strom, I am still getting e-mails and buy orders filled and did got e-mail from Mr I. too last week. But still totally unsure where this is heading to and seems like a nose dive at this point reagrding to the saftey of my accounts with Warka brokerage.

HumbleGenius
12-29-2012, 01:28 PM
This is what I am ferting about a "Aamir to pay Aariz" senario, and when accounting begins on Warka brokerage.
This ship is in the middle of the strom, I am still getting e-mails and buy orders filled and did got e-mail from Mr I. too last week. But still totally unsure where this is heading to and seems like a nose dive at this point reagrding to the saftey of my accounts with Warka brokerage.
I rarely if ever recieve responses to my inquiries and when i do they are BS responses. Ive tried to get an updated portfolio and am ignored. The last one they sent me was so screwed up it did not look anything like my real portfolio. I tried to place orders last week and was told the ISX stopped trading on the 20th. Another lie. Al Bunnia suckered some of us with the last paid up offer where he did not buy them himself because he knew that Warka was worthless. I definitely regret getting involved with these people with exception of the knowledge I have gained in regard to central banks, imf, currency handling, etc. It is apparent the people of that region are not quite as evolved as the civilized world.

Fishindinar
12-29-2012, 01:40 PM
It's a war torn country facing civil a war now. I think that was in the small print.

HumbleGenius
12-29-2012, 01:52 PM
It's a war torn country facing civil a war now. I think that was in the small print.

I originally thought that as an excuse for these people but realize now it is a way of life for them. They love to hate. They've been that way for 1000 years and will continue to for the next 1000. I am sorry i have money over there enabling these neanderthals (sp?).

Fishindinar
12-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Looks like Warka is done and toasted.

calstar
12-31-2012, 04:06 PM
I just got paid interest. lol

dinar shore
12-31-2012, 04:32 PM
I, like many, have always believed that Warka was the safest bank and the best ISX stock to purchase in Iraq. If Al Bunnia hadn't been so prideful. he could have accepted Std. Charter Bank's of 51% ownership and we would be in 'high cotton' as we say here in the south. As it stands, my 2.3 million shares of Warka run a high risk of dissolving into nothing.

Las vegas Kid
12-31-2012, 07:38 PM

Not Even Close !!!! we will be fine :) ...... a lot is going on behind the seens....... Warka is not going anywhere :)

War Eagle
01-02-2013, 04:24 PM
QUESTION : Why would Warka pay interest on the last day in December if they were going out of business?????? My answer---They are NOT--IMHO!!

;

calstar
01-02-2013, 04:27 PM
QUESTION : Why would Warka pay interest on the last day in December if they were going out of business?????? My answer---They are NOT--IMHO!!

;

Things that make you say......Hmmmmmmm...

Will-it-happen?
01-02-2013, 08:26 PM

;

good news!!!! when they gonna get relisted ?

mcdan
01-04-2013, 03:28 AM
I was wondering who the Asian Cell phone company will Bank with in Iraq. I think at one time in the past they were with Warka.

They may still Bank with Warka, but that is my question.

Will-it-happen?
01-07-2013, 03:53 PM
are warka in the clear ?

EBJNYC
01-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Most WARKA investors DIVERSIFIED to reduce RISK. You "DIVERSIFY" after you create wealth to preserve it -- you "FOCUS" to create wealth in the beginning. In other words I always stated CASH IN HAND is total control and least RISKY. While you wait -- continue to accumulate -- dinars that is !!

Kickabuck
01-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Most WARKA investors DIVERSIFIED to reduce RISK. You "DIVERSIFY" after you create wealth to preserve it -- you "FOCUS" to create wealth in the beginning. In other words I always stated CASH IN HAND is total control and least RISKY. While you wait -- continue to accumulate -- dinars that is !!

Did you read that online somewhere and try to aply it here? Are you saying you invested in IQD as a way to preserve your vast accumulation of wealth? :D

Will-it-happen?
01-08-2013, 09:52 PM
so did warka go under ?

anyone heard anything ?

rfcr
01-17-2013, 02:31 PM
I think Warka won't be done until the skinny lady sings like the fat lady....

haggisbasher
01-23-2013, 01:13 PM
This is the Al-Warka rescue plan put to the CBI and are going through it very carefully and i hope to hear good news posted soon.it would have been better to read this on the banks news publications on their web site.

Will-it-happen?
01-26-2013, 07:17 PM
so, did warka hand over the 200 million or are gonna try the 300 million over 6 months?

calstar
01-26-2013, 07:51 PM
We are still waiting. I still have faith in Warka. I don think shabbs will let it go. I'll be shocked if did. We have too many investors in the bank.

Kickabuck
01-26-2013, 07:58 PM
We are still waiting. I still have faith in Warka. I don think shabbs will let it go. I'll be shocked if did. We have too many investors in the bank.

shabbs is gone, right???

calstar
01-26-2013, 08:03 PM
He is in Jordan

SEABEE CAN-DO
02-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Care to take a bet on that.. it is FEB and nothing..

Will-it-happen?
02-23-2013, 10:15 PM
nearly march .........