PDA

View Full Version : Warka Bank for Investment & Finance and allow him to exercise all banking activities

thebest
01-28-2016, 07:23 AM
CBI Announcement issued by the Central Bank of Iraq) the Bank would like to announce support for the efforts to rehabilitate the Warka Bank for Investment & Finance and allow him to exercise all banking activities 01-28-2016

http://www.cbi.iq/documents/press%20for%2028-1-2016.pdf

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=NewsAnnoucements&lang=ar

Brazileiro
01-28-2016, 12:19 PM
excellent news! Looks like Warka is back in business! Too bad no translation of the pdf, nothing on the Warka website. I wonder when they will actually start providing services again? Will continue to email my requests and see if anyone answers or performs the transaction requested.

pirata
01-28-2016, 01:45 PM
Great news!!!

RogueTurtle
01-28-2016, 04:19 PM
Thanks Best; you are the best..lol

seadesk
01-28-2016, 05:18 PM
Thanks Best; you are the best..lol

Very good news. Thanks Best!

calstar
01-28-2016, 10:36 PM
​Great info...Thanks

dlakerII
01-29-2016, 03:59 PM
Yea great news from 09/09/2013
I just had the document translated

Brazileiro
01-29-2016, 06:53 PM
Yea great news from 09/09/2013
I just had the document translatedPlease post the translation as this was just posted on the CBI website on 28 Jan 2016.

pirata
01-29-2016, 07:52 PM
As well the news is also in the Rabee
Security news!!

Will-it-happen?
01-29-2016, 10:31 PM
from www.rs.iq

http://www.rs.iq/iraq_news/view/8383

CBI lifted custody over Al-Warka Investment Bank (BWAI)According to CBI’s announcement, CBI lifted custody over Al-Warka Investment Bank (BWAI). CBI announced that it is supporting the rehabilitation of the bank’s investment and financing activities. In addition, CBI allowed BWAI to continue all of its banking activities including participating in foreign currency auctions.
Source: http://www.cbi.iq/documents/press for 28-1-2016.pdf (http://www.cbi.iq/documents/press%20for%2028-1-2016.pdf)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so how come i cant get at my money ????

dlakerII
01-29-2016, 10:51 PM
Please post the translation as this was just posted on the CBI website on 28 Jan 2016.

The wording is accurate there's no deviation in that regard... however the complete and utter misrepresentation of the facts would be the omission of the date.... don't even get me started about the letterhead....

dlakerII
01-30-2016, 12:38 AM
As for Rabee... they are quoting the same source with the same day that we have access to....
Now all we need is a * YouTube video to really turn this into a clown show....

thebest
01-30-2016, 12:37 PM

As for Rabee... they are quoting the same source with the same day that we have access to....
Now all we need is a * YouTube video to really turn this into a clown show....
Al-Fayhaa TV-Warka Bank 11-29-2009
Aqui esta tu video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qze8gJDC244

James
01-30-2016, 04:01 PM
From the Warka Bank Site - Scrolling across the screen Latest News...

Dated 2015-11-7
Our News / CBI Minutes of Meeting

The Central Bank of Iraq expresses its warm greeting,

We would like to inform that as part of the Warka Bank rehabilitation plan
the Central Bank of Iraq hereby approves the practice of all your banking
activities in accordance with your banking licenses issued by the Central
Bank of Iraq in accordance with Central Bank of Iraq bylaws and
regulations which includes the entry into the CBI bid auction for the
purchase and sale of foreign currency.

Best regards,

Salman Eidan Abdullah

Director General

Dated 2015/09/06
Our News / Warka Bank Rehabilitate

Dear Warka Clients,

The Central Bank of Iraq board of directors have agreed to rehabilitate Warka Bank for Investment and Finance in accordance with a set get well plan . This decision has been announced and broadcasted through all Iraqi TV networks.

Best regards.

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

زبائن بنك الوركاء الكرام

وافق مجلس ادارة البنك المركزي العراقي على إعادة تأهيل مصرف الوركاء للاستثمار والتمويل ضمن خطة معدة لإعادة التأهيل
وقد تم نشر الخبر على جميع وسائل الاعلام العراقية

مع خالص الشكر والتقدير
مصرف الوركاء للاستثمار والتمويل

thebest
01-30-2016, 05:24 PM
Thanks to everyoneís for your support...
I was waiting for this news in the CBI. In my opinion this is the best confirmation that the new administration will solve the problem with WARKA. This news is not came from WARKA site itís from the CBI, that is a big difference for the peoples that don't trust WARKA.
I believe WARKA will make a plan that will do the investors to stay with the bank and they not panic and retire all the investment.
Now for me the big next step is the price of the BWAI stock, also is the demand pending for the damages.
I ask this question with not answer yet. Probably this demand still in the court.

Will the Central Bank compensate us for all these years without being able to buy and sell on the Iraq Stock Exchange
and for not be able to buy Certificate of deposits?

dlakerII
01-30-2016, 06:29 PM
And not once did you mention the date of the article supplied by the CBI... you have a video, wrong date. You have another article, wrong date... not once do you mentioned the point that the date is wrong on that documentation....

thebest
01-30-2016, 09:22 PM
And not once did you mention the date of the article supplied by the CBI... you have a video, wrong date. You have another article, wrong date... not once do you mentioned the point that the date is wrong on that documentation....
Good afternoon China Girl.
Long time ago I donít see you.
Donít worry WARKA will return soon. Only what we can do is WAIT.
You can talk negative thinks and I can talk positives thinks, but we canít do nothing now. We have to wait.

dlakerII
01-31-2016, 01:18 AM
1st I'm am not, repeat not, China girl. 2nd if stating facts is negative then so be it...
3rd. I was neck deep in Warka by the time you became a member of this Club!!

mcdan
01-31-2016, 01:15 PM
The central bank announced the Warka Bank to allow the exercise of banking activities after rehabilitation
Sunday January 31, 2016 15:06

Announced The Central Bank, Sunday, For Allowing The Warka Bank To Exercise Banking Activities After Rehabilitation, Including The Entry Of The Sale And Purchase Of Foreign Currency Window. The Bank Said In A Statement Sumerian Received News, A Copy Of ​​Which was "based on the decision of guardianship for the Warka Bank lifted in accordance with the decision Court Financial Services No. 5 / Financial Services / 2013 in September 2013 9, and achieve the goal of monetary stability and soundness of the banking system and out of The Role Of The Iraqi Central Bank To Maintain The Confidence Of The Iraqi Banking System And For The Purpose Of Enabling The Bank To Fulfill Its Role Actor With Commercial Banks Operating In Iraq Announced Support For The Rehabilitation Of The Warka Bank For Investment And Finance. "

The Bank Said That "The Warka Bank Will Be Allowed To Exercise All Banking Activities, Including The Entry Window Sale And Purchase Of Foreign Currency, Similar To Banks And Other Working In Iraq To Improve Its
Resources And Service The Iraqi Economy." The Central Bank On The Fifth Announced March Of 2013 On The Status Of The Warka Bank Under Guardianship Following The Failure Of Talks With The Standard Chartered Bank, Which Began In April 2011 To Buy A Stake In It After Suffering A Financial Crisis That Summoned.

http://www.alsumaria.tv/news/158408/%D8 ... -%D8%A8/ar

haggisbasher
01-31-2016, 04:25 PM
Again GREAT NEWS, and to top it off am heading out to the ME in a couple days.SWEET.

pirata
01-31-2016, 06:12 PM
Confirmation news,Amen to that!!

mcdan
01-31-2016, 06:29 PM
http://cbiraq.org/Terms.aspx

Some may not have seen this site

Will-it-happen?
05-03-2016, 02:47 PM
http://cbiraq.org/Terms.aspx

Some may not have seen this site

http://cbiraq.org/Default.aspx (most links DONT work)

Will-it-happen?
05-15-2016, 10:51 AM
getting close to June now, don't banks have to give 1 months notice about important announcements eg annual meeting etc etc ?

James
06-19-2016, 02:02 PM
So I email Mr. Issa with a few questions. Below were my questions and his reply. Just passing it along.

Dear Mr. Issa

I hope this email finds you doing well. Can you provided me any information concerning
Warka Bank and the following questions?

1. When will Warka Bank allow it's overseas customers to withdraw funds or transfer funds?

2. What is the earliest date that customers can trade again on the ISX through Warka Bank?

3. When will Warka Bank once again be listed on the ISX ?

4. Will Warka Bank offer a Visa or MasterCard to it's foreign customers again?

All the answers to your fine questions and many more will be clear and brought to the full attention of our esteemed clients and posted on our website once the Warka CBI rehabilitation plan has been officially finalized various points and matters are still under discussion and reviewÖ.best regards

RogueTurtle
06-19-2016, 04:14 PM
Thanks James

oldskiier
06-19-2016, 10:21 PM
Thanks James...hope you get am answer soon :)

buck74
06-23-2016, 09:01 PM
The way things move in Iraq, I would say 6 months at the earliest. :)

jonas
06-24-2016, 02:23 AM
Well, I can tell you this, I did not expect Warka to be on its way back till 2017. What I always thought was that the problem had to be fixed before they went international. Remember, This is a bank that held many Iraqi savings, there was no way it was going down with out a revolution. I can still remember the days when you can call them up and speak with someone live on the other side. That all stop when the crazy questions started coming by some who had no idea how big this is. If you only knew how well connected this family is, you would understand that no matter what - things will be fix. This family business started during the Ottoman Empire and is still strong and alive after everything that has taken place. Believe me when I say that this bank will be setting the pace for all other banks in Iraq pretty soon.

40plus
06-24-2016, 05:36 PM
Well, I can tell you this, I did not expect Warka to be on its way back till 2017. What I always thought was that the problem had to be fixed before they went international. Remember, This is a bank that held many Iraqi savings, there was no way it was going down with out a revolution. I can still remember the days when you can call them up and speak with someone live on the other side. That all stop when the crazy questions started coming by some who had no idea how big this is. If you only knew how well connected this family is, you would understand that no matter what - things will be fix. This family business started during the Ottoman Empire and is still strong and alive after everything that has taken place. Believe me when I say that this bank will be setting the pace for all other banks in Iraq pretty soon.

I agree completely. It is a shame that corruption made it take so long, with such tribulation.

Will-it-happen?
06-27-2016, 11:18 PM
wished they'd hurry up , with this BREXIT , my IQD up 15% in value !!!

Will-it-happen?
06-28-2016, 09:27 PM
so no return in JUNE, thats disappointing

Kickabuck
06-28-2016, 09:54 PM
so no return in JUNE, thats disappointing

They are too busy calculating / adding our interest payments. SOON...

Things are moving along though, I did get an updated ISX spreadsheet. It was 100% accurate with the only variances being free shares added into my account.

I'm curious about 'dividends'. I see the free shares added to my ISX holdings, but where do the cash dividends go on the stocks I hold?

Will-it-happen?
06-28-2016, 10:37 PM
They are too busy calculating / adding our interest payments. SOON...

Things are moving along though, I did get an updated ISX spreadsheet. It was 100% accurate with the only variances being free shares added into my account.

I'm curious about 'dividends'. I see the free shares added to my ISX holdings, but where do the cash dividends go on the stocks I hold?

Into the pockits of al-bunia !!!
I am still waiting dividends from 3 years of pepsi

Will-it-happen?
07-03-2016, 01:33 PM
thats June gone

I heard on Facebook Warka are handing out cash at their branches

https://www.facebook.com/Iraqs-Warka-Bank-Victims-125804980856940/

Brazileiro
03-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Wow Warka has been in rehab a long time,,,

From the Warka Bank Site - Scrolling across the screen Latest News...

Dated 2015-11-7
Our News / CBI Minutes of Meeting

The Central Bank of Iraq expresses its warm greeting,

We would like to inform that as part of the Warka Bank rehabilitation plan
the Central Bank of Iraq hereby approves the practice of all your banking
activities in accordance with your banking licenses issued by the Central
Bank of Iraq in accordance with Central Bank of Iraq bylaws and
regulations which includes the entry into the CBI bid auction for the
purchase and sale of foreign currency.

Best regards,

Salman Eidan Abdullah

Director General

Dated 2015/09/06
Our News / Warka Bank Rehabilitate

Dear Warka Clients,

The Central Bank of Iraq board of directors have agreed to rehabilitate Warka Bank for Investment and Finance in accordance with a set get well plan . This decision has been announced and broadcasted through all Iraqi TV networks.

Best regards.

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

زبائن بنك الوركاء الكرام

وافق مجلس ادارة البنك المركزي العراقي على إعادة تأهيل مصرف الوركاء للاستثمار والتمويل ضمن خطة معدة لإعادة التأهيل
وقد تم نشر الخبر على جميع وسائل الاعلام العراقية

مع خالص الشكر والتقدير
مصرف الوركاء للاستثمار والتمويل

calstar
03-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Maybe warka will get some type of financial injection from the CBI to become compliant with the banking system.

Brazileiro
03-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Yeah I thought the "compensation" part I seem to remember the CBI was ordered to do by the courts would have been part of the Get Well Plan as well as the rehabilitation part.

Maybe warka will get some type of financial injection from the CBI to become compliant with the banking system.

English Bob
06-27-2017, 07:14 PM
wished they'd hurry up , with this BREXIT , my IQD up 15% in value !!!

Once this bounce back is over the £ & the € will be at par with the $................later this year or by next year.

You got that here first

EB

Will-it-happen?
11-15-2017, 02:16 PM
Any news on Warkas rehab back into society ?

haggisbasher
11-15-2017, 03:53 PM
Aye your rut there EB am back in the sand box saving my dollars up now for that day,that will be a 30% profit on the exchange back to GBP.bring it on HB.

haggisbasher
11-15-2017, 03:55 PM
Absolutely nowt,it's as if they have just vanished.hope we hear something soon.
HB

Brazileiro
11-15-2017, 05:37 PM
I've been trying to get my online access renewed for about a week now with no response from Warka Bank. I've emailed about other subjects but have nothing in return from WB for many many months. Hope to hear something in my lifetime lol

Think the last I read on WB was back in Jan of this year about being approved for relisting on ISX, http://www.investorsiraq.com/showthread.php?15110-ISX-letter-to-CBI-Warka-Bank-approved-for-Relisting

then in May re-listing denied because WB not submitting significant information? http://www.investorsiraq.com/showthread.php?15572-Posted-on-Rabee-Securities-today.

concrete
12-09-2017, 10:25 PM
is anyone able to get account updates? if so what email address? THe last one i received was from 2013

James
12-10-2017, 12:38 AM
mohammad.k.issa@warka-bank-iq.com

dinar shore
12-10-2017, 03:20 AM
mohammad.k.issa@warka-bank-iq.com

Hi James, We are in the same entry month and year of Investors Iraq. This has been a long, bumpy ride. I am trying to get some one at Warka to update my stocks but they haven't replied to my request. Is there a certain Iraqi time to send emails or is there a phrase that I need to include. Please get me some tips if you don't mind. If you feel better sending a private email response, that is great. Thank you for your help, James.
Carter (aka dinar shore)

calstar
12-11-2017, 04:34 PM
mohammad.k.issa@warka-bank-iq.com Here's one e-bank.ms@warka-bank-iq.com

James
12-11-2017, 05:05 PM
I sent an email Sunday (yesterday) and received my online access this morning. (In less than 24hrs) For some reason the password I was using wasn't correct. Anyway I was sent my temporary password this morning.

Brazileiro
12-11-2017, 05:41 PM
been trying for a new passwod since 1st week of november. Finally got a response this morning and it didn't work! They sent me another password and now I get an error message saying there was an error while submitting and to try again later. Sent them a jpg of the error message but no fix yet. I deleted all my cookies on pc but nada

Will send another email around 11am Iraq time as that seems to be when the look at emails.

James
12-11-2017, 08:38 PM
Yes I'm in the same boat Brazileiro. Same error message, now too many pin tries. So I'll give it a day or two then send them an email as well.

Brazileiro
12-12-2017, 08:15 AM
I feel better knowing it's not only me, thanks James. My email this morning was read right away so hopefully problem will be fixed today. For a long time my email trying to get my password renewed were not even read.

That said it's been alost 2 years since this thread was started about Warka being approved to provide all services....

English Bob
12-12-2017, 11:04 AM
HB

May take a little longer than I thought, Save any $ you can (don't need) the day will come.

EB