PDA

View Full Version : Bank Story 9-16-2016 (from other site)

BatmaninIraq
09-18-2016, 11:52 AM
Here's a bit of a bank story. Only one Seattle branch of WF was open today and they do currency exchanges there. I decided to call before I went down to the bank and spoke with a woman who answered about VND. She was surprised that it was not showing on their currency list on her screen. I then asked her about Iraqi dinar and she said the same thing as with the dong. She said she could not explain it and transferred me to the foreign currency teller.

Confusing. That teller was fantastic. He looked it up and could not find it listed so he checked exotic currencies and it was not their either. He put me on hold while he called the foreign currency office. He came back and gave me a number to call on Monday, but I was on hold for quite some time. I asked him to check on the zim while he was in the exotic currencies and no rate at all on the zim either!
He said The foreign currency office would be able to tell me on Monday but he was very surprised that all of a sudden no rates were showing and the dong wasn't listed.. he did not know what to make of it. Smells like RV in process to me. They were both extremely nice and no mention of scams