PDA

View Full Version : Warka IBAN

Will-it-happen?
10-13-2016, 10:38 AM
If you log onto your warka acount you will be given the option to view your account either by Login number or IBAN number

Brazileiro
10-13-2016, 11:27 AM
what browser are you using or did you still get the invalid security certificate message?

Will-it-happen?
10-13-2016, 11:32 AM
I managed to get logged in using Google Chrome, if you click advanced it gives you the option to login but chrome doesn't recommend it

Will-it-happen?
10-13-2016, 12:06 PM
This means we can send our money directly to warka !!!!!!

Brazileiro
10-13-2016, 04:19 PM
I managed to get logged in using Google Chrome, if you click advanced it gives you the option to login but chrome doesn't recommend itthanks, same here having to click on "advanced". Firefox doesn't allow it for the warka website

Brazileiro
10-13-2016, 04:21 PM
This means we can send our money directly to warka !!!!!!yeah but I don't know anyone that would do that until we have access to our money already on deposit. Though one would think if they have an IBAN number now they will be opening for business again shortly. My fingers are crossed

Will-it-happen?
10-13-2016, 06:27 PM
Makes me think that the money we all send via citi and the German banks never made it to iraq !!!

In other words the funds are safe and all there! !

bultn
10-14-2016, 06:26 AM
What does a Warka IBAN number look like?

Will-it-happen?
10-14-2016, 05:22 PM
IQD account : IQ69WAIV7900XXXXXXXX001

USD account : IQ42WAIV7900XXXXXXXX002

where XXXXXXXX is your account number

Will-it-happen?
10-14-2016, 06:32 PM
although still to work : https://www.iban.com/

BatmaninIraq
10-15-2016, 04:03 AM
expected,,, more news coming out from warka bank... just wait... b4 the RV comes.....100% sure

haggisbasher
10-15-2016, 02:41 PM
Looking good, they have been working on the accounts by the look of it but would like to see all the shares I own uploaded onto account, maybe that's next,

Will-it-happen?
10-20-2016, 08:23 PM
I cannot find any institution who will send money to iraq with an Iraqi iban

cesspool
10-21-2016, 12:18 AM
We have done two International Money Transfers to Warka Bank in Baghdad with one of the largest banks in Australia... one in October 2010 and one in April 2011.

They both went through effortlessly using Warka's Swift Code and IBAN... both available on Google if your bank can't find them.

We made our first deposit in 2009 by sending dinar notes via FedEx which was an extremely stressful experience for four days waiting for them to be delivered safely... decided to take a less challenging route in the future!

That said... events over the past couple of years have been equally challenging but Passwords are renewed every year (the last one a couple of months ago) so I believe someone at Warka is still at work. Let's see!

40plus
10-21-2016, 05:05 AM
Many people sent funds via SWIFT code to Warka (me too) years ago.

I also withdrew funds a few days prior to their shutdown. I agree with above post..someone there is still working & has been over the years. Let's see what happens.

Will-it-happen?
10-21-2016, 10:24 AM
We have done two International Money Transfers to Warka Bank in Baghdad with one of the largest banks in Australia... one in October 2010 and one in April 2011.

They both went through effortlessly using Warka's Swift Code and IBAN... both available on Google if your bank can't find them.

We made our first deposit in 2009 by sending dinar notes via FedEx which was an extremely stressful experience for four days waiting for them to be delivered safely... decided to take a less challenging route in the future!

That said... events over the past couple of years have been equally challenging but Passwords are renewed every year (the last one a couple of months ago) so I believe someone at Warka is still at work. Let's see!

In the past we have all used US or German banks to send money to iraq. This is the first time warka have given us their own IBAN.

After searching the Web, I have found nobody who will allow a direct transfer to an Iraqi bank account

But it's interesting that warka accepted your cash deposit using the postal service, they told me direct not to post cash as it was against the law and would get confiscated for sure.

cesspool
10-21-2016, 12:00 PM
I must be missing something here... what is the difference between an IMT and a direct transfer from one international bank to another?

We did our IMT from our bank using Warka's IBAN... in particular the one for the main branch in Baghdad. From what I'm reading this IBAN hasn't changed since then.

I guess in 2009 the laws may have been a bit different... it wasn't tens of thousands... more an adventure at the time!

BatmaninIraq
10-21-2016, 03:16 PM
You can send US DOLLARS to your warka bank account but try to transfer from USD to IQD it will not work now.

Will-it-happen?
10-21-2016, 05:09 PM
Folks

I am pretty certain the IBANs we have had in the past were for other banks and this is WARKAs own IBANs which are still not operational

Will-it-happen?
01-08-2017, 11:28 AM
although still to work : https://www.iban.com/

If you click on the above link and type in your Warka IBAN , this website will inform you that the warka iban is operational for both your IQD and USD accounts (at least it was ok for mine)

Brazileiro
01-08-2017, 02:40 PM
If you click on the above link and type in your Warka IBAN , this website will inform you that the warka iban is operational for both your IQD and USD accounts (at least it was ok for mine)mine worked as well