PDA

View Full Version : email from cbi?

Brazileiro
09-26-2017, 11:01 AM
Has anyone ever gotten an email from the CBI? I did this morning from cbi@cbi.iq in response to my email about Warka Bank status but they ask for customer name, amount and account number. This has raised warning flags and I'm thinking probable scam. Any ideas how to check if the email is valid? I can't see who should be in the "from".

----- Start Forwarded Message -----
Sent: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 12:20:30 +0300 (AST)
To: "cbi"
Subject: Re: Fwd: Request information regarding Al Warka Bank

The central bank of iraq sends greetings ...

please provide us with the following informations :-

Full customer name

The amount

Account number

Best regards

Above is the email. No name who sent it, nothing in "from". Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Brazileiro
09-26-2017, 01:30 PM
checking header info showed it was sent from cbi@cbi.iq but couldn't see info about the forwarding or who sent it back to cbi. ip address was for Oslo Norway Teknograd AS which looks like a tech solutions company.

Don't think I'll be replying to the email....

Will-it-happen?
09-26-2017, 03:55 PM
be allright

what you got to lose anyway ?

warka ip is in germany

you may get an answer

investindinar
09-26-2017, 04:46 PM
Has anyone ever gotten an email from the CBI? I did this morning from cbi@cbi.iq in response to my email about Warka Bank status but they ask for customer name, amount and account number. This has raised warning flags and I'm thinking probable scam. Any ideas how to check if the email is valid? I can't see who should be in the "from".

----- Start Forwarded Message -----
Sent: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 12:20:30 +0300 (AST)
To: "cbi"
Subject: Re: Fwd: Request information regarding Al Warka Bank

The central bank of iraq sends greetings ...

please provide us with the following informations :-

Full customer name

The amount

Account number

Best regards

Above is the email. No name who sent it, nothing in "from". Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I've been thinking that the longer this go-no-go malaise with Al Warka continues, it becomes more and more likely they'll be vulnerable to CYBER hacking.

It looks to me like an attempt to fish for your banking information. Don't answer it. CBI will probably have their own network based somewhere other than Norway.

investindinar

Brazileiro
09-26-2017, 04:54 PM
for some reason the signature of who sent the email got mixed up under part of my original email:

Qismah Saleh Ali
Acting Director General
Banking Supervision Office
Central Bank of Iraq

Have not been able to verify who the person is...and too leery to reply with my account info, balance etc

Found a list of members of board of directors for cbi. Qismah S Ali is on it in the specified office. I am going to email him personally to verify the response to my email. Will update when i know more.

Will-it-happen?
09-26-2017, 05:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9biM_ZfIdo

Brazileiro
09-27-2017, 09:50 AM
further looking has found the ip address for cbi.iq is also in norway, so it looks like their website is hosted there. The list of board members I got yesterday has their CBI email addresses as well, not just the cbi@cbi.iq I replied to Qismah's email address listed in the board members document. Will update if I get a response.

Warka emails came from Jordan :)