PDA

View Full Version : Chevron to Resume Drilling in Kurdistan



Investors Iraq News
01-19-2018, 01:05 AM
By John Lee.
US-based Chevron plans to resume drilling at the Sarta 3 block in Iraqi Kurdistan.
According to a report from Bloomberg, the company had temporarily halted exploration work in October*after the Kurds*voted in favour of independence.
Chevron acquired Reliance Exploration & Production DMCC‘s 80 percent interest and operatorship of the production sharing contracts (PSCs) covering the Rovi and Sarta blocks in 2012; Austria’s OMV holds of the other 20 percent interest.
The blocks are located north of Erbil and cover a combined area of approximately 490 square miles (1,124 square kilometers).
(Sources: Bloomberg, Reuters)


Source: Iraq-BusinessNews.com. (http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2018/01/19/chevron-to-resume-drilling-in-kurdistan/)

Post your commentary below.