pirata
01-24-2018, 04:01 PM
Looks like good news for proxy stock holders

http://www.warka-bank.com/?0d64a1934dcafd4bf6a2baffb9
Gracias Bra!!!

thebest
01-24-2018, 06:32 PM
Dear Sir,

Please note that your stocks are held under the name of the proxy company and as this stock has been delisted from the Iraqi Stock Exchange it is not possible to transfer it into your good name.

Once the company is listed back into the ISX and resumes regular trading activity it is possible to transfer the stocks into your good name where an electronic statement issued by the ISX depository system can be provided only and when the company is re-listed back on the Iraqi Stock Exchange.

Certificates are no longer issued simply and electric statement confirming the stock and number of shares which is issued by the ISX depository system

Best regards,

ISX Department
Warka Bank for Investment and Finance
http://www.investorsiraq.com/showthread.php?15986-cash-dividend/page2

Brazileiro
01-24-2018, 07:08 PM
de nada Pirata! Too bad no good news for cash account clients :'(

What If....
01-24-2018, 07:34 PM
Where is the form we need to sign?

Or do we just make our own?

calstar
01-24-2018, 08:18 PM
Is this a joke!

Brazileiro
01-24-2018, 08:43 PM
No idea what form is required but others on the site that have already done this will know. Can anyone help What if?

Where is the form we need to sign?

Or do we just make our own?

spacetuna
01-24-2018, 08:47 PM
Thank you for the heads up... 15 days is a pretty friggin' small window to respond! Do they think people are logging onto their website every day? People do not check on this investment for years sometimes. Makes me wonder what the rush is? Maybe the Davos conference with Abadi and the Kuwait conference that's right after this due date for proxy will make something happen.

Brazileiro
01-24-2018, 08:48 PM
Almost right at one 1 year since relisting was denied. Makes me wonder if the Warka Brokerage is closing or ???? Once your shares are in the ISX Depository you can transfer them to another brokerage as I believe James and others have done. 15 Day window to get it done.

Is this a joke!

Brazileiro
01-24-2018, 08:52 PM
For those that may be thinking the post from thebest is the info my link goes to, it is not. Here is the info from the Warka website that my post is about,,,

Dear Proxy Stockholders ,

According to the current regulations and guidelines all stock holders holding stocks and shares under the name of our proxy company are kindly requested to submit a colored copy of their valid passport and a signed authorization letter authorizing our brokerage company (Warka Brokerage company) to transfer all stocks and shares held under the name of the proxy company to the direct name of the stock holder depositing the shares under his / her name in the ISX depository system.

Proxy holders whom fail to provide a copy of the colored valid passport and authorization within 15 days from posting this notice on our website will have their shares liquidated and sold and the funds deposited directly into their accounts held at Warka Bank for Investment and Finance.

Please send the requested information directly to our brokerage office 3044@warka-bank-iq.com (3044@warka-bank-iq.com) noting that emails directed to the non relevant department will be disregarded and considered null and void.

Thank you for your fine cooperation.

Respectfully,

Brazileiro
01-24-2018, 08:58 PM
definitely not a long time. I was checking something else when I saw the news on the warka site

Thank you for the heads up... 15 days is a pretty friggin' small window to respond! Do they think people are logging onto their website every day? People do not check on this investment for years sometimes. Makes me wonder what the rush is? Maybe the Davos conference with Abadi and the Kuwait conference that's right after this due date for proxy will make something happen.

What If....
01-24-2018, 09:24 PM
When was it posted on their site? Do we actually have 15 days, or less?

oldskiier
01-24-2018, 09:37 PM
So if they sell our shares will we be able to cash out... that works for me .!

oldskiier
01-24-2018, 09:40 PM
This is BS !! I find this nowhere on Warka site !! Nor a Date !

spacetuna
01-24-2018, 09:41 PM
Oldskiier--- wrong, if they sell your shares they will deposit into your Warka account where it will be stuck since they are not allowing withdrawals. If you transfer the stock to your name and then to another brokerage you will be able to sell the shares at that brokerage and have access to your money.

Brazileiro
01-24-2018, 09:46 PM
It was posted today 24 Jan 2018. So 15 days from today

When was it posted on their site? Do we actually have 15 days, or less?

oldskiier
01-24-2018, 09:47 PM
I understand.... thought so....

oldskiier
01-24-2018, 09:48 PM
I see no date and I can not get that article to come up suing any of their tabs... how are you finding it ??? and where is the date ?

Brazileiro
01-24-2018, 09:49 PM
It was posted today. I see the date on the scrolling news thing on the main page of their website. On the website click on the scrolling "dear proxy". They don't have a date in the message itself

This is BS !! I find this nowhere on Warka site !! Nor a Date !

Brazileiro
01-24-2018, 09:59 PM
you need to get the proxy shares put into your own name and then transfer them to another iraqi broker. I believe James and a couple others have done this already.

If not your shares are sold and the money deposited to your cash account, which none of us can withdraw from right now.

So if they sell our shares will we be able to cash out... that works for me .!

What If....
01-24-2018, 10:32 PM
you need to get the proxy shares put into your own name and then transfer them to another iraqi broker. I believe James and a couple others have done this already.

If not your shares are sold and the money deposited to your cash account, which none of us can withdraw from right now.
What if you don't?

I mean say I submit my passport and signed letter but don't transfer them to another brokerage, will they just stay in the Warka one or what?

Brazileiro
01-24-2018, 10:38 PM
No idea. Once in your name the shares are put in the ISX depository so I'd imagine you would have to contact the ISX. I have no shares and never dealt with the ISX.

Anyone else know?

What if you don't?

I mean say I submit my passport and signed letter but don't transfer them to another brokerage, will they just stay in the Warka one or what?

James
01-24-2018, 10:49 PM
"I contacted al Karmal brokerage company and had my shares sent from Warka to them. I had to fill out some forms but it wasn't hard. I now can see my shares in real time from their website.

Once you have an ISX Depository number if your wanting to switch brokers here is who I contacted
"Taha Ajina" taha@isx-karmal.com I have had excellent service from him.

If/when I sell stocks the (profits) will be wired to my account in the USA, not Warka. "

What If....
01-24-2018, 11:02 PM
"I contacted al Karmal brokerage company and had my shares sent from Warka to them. I had to fill out some forms but it wasn't hard. I now can see my shares in real time from their website.

Once you have an ISX Depository number if your wanting to switch brokers here is who I contacted

If/when I sell stocks the (profits) will be wired to my account in the USA, not Warka. "
Thanks for the info, and I will probably end up contacting them if/when I get this sorted out.

Is there a certain form I need to sign/fill out or do I just make my own?

James
01-24-2018, 11:11 PM
Al Karmal sent me several forms. I would first send an email to introduce yourself. I just sent Mr. Ajina an email and told him what I posted on this site in case his email inbox gets slammed tomorrow.
Reading Wark's announcement I'm thinking investors have 15 days to request an ISX Depository number ( transfer from a proxy to your own ISX account). Once you have you own ISX number you can request Warka to transfer your shares to you new broker if you choose.
The entire process does not need to be done in 15 days just the part Warka posted on their site today. (IM0)

pirata
01-25-2018, 12:13 AM
Question ; How are they are going to sell
the shares if they are not running in the ISX?
i think they are coming back soon!!

James
01-25-2018, 01:31 AM
I have kept every spreadsheet from Warka and had my own spreadsheet that listed free shares when a company offered them. When my Warka account was put in the ISX depository I was given an account number and those shares ( which were already in my name) we just transferred to a new spreadsheet which I received through Warka but came from the ISX. Warka was still my broker until I switched to Al Karmal over the summer. Nothing was sold. If it was then I was not charged anything.

calstar
01-25-2018, 06:28 AM
Do you still have your certificates?

James
01-25-2018, 09:33 AM
Yes I have all the certificates Warka sent me as well. Lol

calstar
01-25-2018, 09:10 PM

\

James any fees involved when you transferred to Karmal Brokerage.

James
01-25-2018, 11:13 PM
There is a yearly $100 fee for the online account access. It was waived for the first year for me. Probably standard for everyone, just ask.

cullulus
01-26-2018, 01:17 AM
Is anyone else concerned about sending a copy of your passport through email? Seems fishy

James
01-26-2018, 02:03 AM
I understand the concern for emailing a passport photo.
For those of you who are new into the ISX. Many years ago in order to have shares transferred into your name instead of proxy at Warka we had to send documentation to the US. State Department and have our citizenship verified. I still have a copy of my paper work signed from Condoleezza Rice. Once that happened the paperwork went to the Iraqi Consulate where it was then stamped and signed. All forms were them mailed back to the owner then needed to be mailed internationally to Warka.This cost was approximately $200 by the time everything was verified and was sent to Warka Bank. Warka Bank then sent these forms to the ISX. After that any shares you bought for you through Warka were in your "name" and you received a photo copy of the share certificate as proof of the company shares you purchased.
Now things of changed and seem to be streamlined for the investor you will still need to send your passport and signature (via email) but at least you’re not paying to mail it to Washington first then Iraq.
Again I understand concerns for people who are new to this procedure. The choice is yours. I wish everyone well with their investment.

Will-it-happen?
01-26-2018, 08:51 AM
I am sure ALL our share holdings were put into good name years ago

mine were (see email below)

Please note that we transferred all your shareholdings from Proxy Company into your good name on (3– 3– 2012) noting that a commission fee of 2% is applied (1% on seller account and 1% buyer account) details as attached

(although I got that email in 2013 !!!)

pirata
01-26-2018, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=Will-it-happen?;47388]I am sure ALL our share holdings were put into good name years ago

Please note that we transferred all your shareholdings from Proxy Company into your good name on (3– 3– 2012) noting that a commission fee of 2% is applied (1% on seller account and 1% buyer account) details as attached

(although I got that email in 2013 !!!)[/
You right,but I believe depends on the company holding,I still have HBAY under proxy and like you said other were changed.I found this a very good news for warka in general showing signs!!!;):cool::D

Will-it-happen?
01-26-2018, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE=Will-it-happen?;47388]I am sure ALL our share holdings were put into good name years ago

(although I got that email in 2013 !!!)[/
You right,but I believe depends on the company holding,I still have HBAY under proxy and like you said other were changed.I found this a very good news for warka in general showing signs!!!;):cool::D

right enough, it appeared that they only changed over BDSI, however the email indicated all had been done

stevie
01-26-2018, 04:07 PM
Yep James, I did all that. I remember how excited we all were buying our stocks and watching the exchange rate move in our favor and stock prices rising. Oh yea, even got their credit card. Sent my letter and passport yesterday. Hope I get a reply soon! Thanks for all the info you share with us.

cullulus
01-26-2018, 05:23 PM
ok, so assuming we all get an isx depository number/account; what other brokers are people going to transfer the stock to?

James
01-26-2018, 06:35 PM
Yep James, I did all that. I remember how excited we all were buying our stocks and watching the exchange rate move in our favor and stock prices rising. Oh yea, even got their credit card. Sent my letter and passport yesterday. Hope I get a reply soon! Thanks for all the info you share with us.

Ditto.
I hope Warka one day will reissue their credit card. Hope you get a reply soon. Please post when you get your ISX number.

calstar
01-26-2018, 09:33 PM
I still have the old credit card. James,. Thanks for all you do.

Mo Dinar
01-26-2018, 11:49 PM
How much did they charge to take over your shares?

Mo Dinar
01-26-2018, 11:53 PM
Does that 3044@... email address for Warka and the 15 day turn around seem suspect??? I mean considering it has been almost 15 years and everything was always "soooon".
Just asking. Has anyone sent their Passport to it and got a response??

James
01-27-2018, 01:08 AM
Does that 3044@... email address for Warka and the 15 day turn around seem suspect??? I mean considering it has been almost 15 years and everything was always "soooon".
Just asking. Has anyone sent their Passport to it and got a response??

Hello Mo Dinar

All I can tell you is the 3044 email is the same email I received my updated shares from with my ISX account # attached. It was also Cc: form Mr. Issa

Mon 7/24/2017, 5:56 AM

Dear Sir,

Please find attached your electronic stock statement as issued by the ISX depository system.

Best regards,
Shareholders Department

spacetuna
01-27-2018, 04:23 AM
The 3044 email is legit I’ve received emails from it in the past. I emailed my passport yesterday, no response...

haggisbasher
01-27-2018, 11:10 AM
Has any warka bank members not been able to loggon to thier account because they are already logged on,having g this pdoblem the now and i did not log in,was thinking that site maintenence was going on.????

James
01-27-2018, 11:36 AM
Has any warka bank members not been able to log on to their account because they are already logged on,having g this problem the now and i did not log in,was thinking that site maintenance was going on.????

I just logged on to my account. It's working fine for me.

Will-it-happen?
01-27-2018, 12:13 PM
I just logged on to my account. It's working fine for me.

I can log on too , no issues, apart from not being able to withdraw my money for like 10 years

haggisbasher
01-27-2018, 12:27 PM
Ok Thanks, will try again later.

Brazileiro
01-27-2018, 12:50 PM
Has any warka bank members not been able to loggon to thier account because they are already logged on,having g this pdoblem the now and i did not log in,was thinking that site maintenence was going on.????

I had that happen a few days ago. I got an error message when I first tried to login, then on my 2nd try it said I was already logged in. I had to wait awhile before I could login again. Not days but it was a few hours later that I tried again and could login.

stevie
01-27-2018, 01:07 PM
Ditto.
I hope Warka one day will reissue their credit card. Hope you get a reply soon. Please post when you get your ISX number.

I will post as soon as I get it.

What If....
01-28-2018, 12:12 PM
So Warka read my email at 2:30am. It wasn't Mr. Issa it was Rarah Rassam.

I didn't get a reply, I just setup my outlook to tell me when it was delivered and read.

I assume/hope I get my ISX number at some point.

Mo Dinar
01-30-2018, 12:56 AM
Hello Mo Dinar

All I can tell you is the 3044 email is the same email I received my updated shares from with my ISX account # attached. It was also Cc: form Mr. Issa

Mon 7/24/2017, 5:56 AM

Dear Sir,

Please find attached your electronic stock statement as issued by the ISX depository system.

Best regards,
Shareholders Department

Okay, thanks. I will scan my passport and request. I already have the ISX trading #, so I'll include that and send! Really wish I could get an email with access back to my savings account!?!?

Will-it-happen?
01-30-2018, 10:15 AM
anyone had their all their stocks transfered to their name ?

Brazileiro
01-30-2018, 12:12 PM
Okay, thanks. I will scan my passport and request. I already have the ISX trading #, so I'll include that and send! Really wish I could get an email with access back to my savings account!?!?

Good luck with the stock transfer! I imagine it will take a few days as Warka doesn't seem to work very fast. I too would love to have access to money in my account though I doubt that will happen. There'd probably be a mass exodus if it does happen.

Will-it-happen?
01-30-2018, 01:48 PM
i wonder why the urgency to transfer stock to our good name ?

What If....
01-30-2018, 01:52 PM
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for sending us a copy of your passport. We have submitted a copy of your passport to the Iraqi Stock Exchange where they have requested a clear colored copy certified by the Iraqi Embassy or Consulate in your country bearing the Embassy and Consulate seal.

Please send us a certified copy by email 3044@warka-bank-iq.com (3044@warka-bank-iq.com) sending their original to the following mailing address:

Iraq – Baghdad – Arasat Alhindia – Sector 929 – St. 30 Building Warka HQ

Please send us your certified documents within two weeks from receiving this notice where we appreciate your fine cooperation and support.

Best regards,

Warka Brokerage Office

only 2 weeks to get this done????

Will-it-happen?
01-30-2018, 01:59 PM
mine was actually done when i opened my isx account , so why again ?

What If....
01-30-2018, 03:04 PM
mine was actually done when i opened my isx account , so why again ?
Congrats.

I just realized it's impossible to do it in 2 weeks. just getting approved by the secretary of state takes 12 days if not more.

James
01-30-2018, 03:04 PM
Sounds like the process I did back in 2007.
I looked up the site http://www.arabchamber.com/ for you. I suggest someone contact them and get a clear answer of what is needed.

What If....
01-30-2018, 03:59 PM
Sounds like the process I did back in 2007.
I looked up the site http://www.arabchamber.com/ for you. I suggest someone contact them and get a clear answer of what is needed.
So do I just send them a copy of my passport or my actual passport and they take care of it?

Or what do I need to do?

Brazileiro
01-30-2018, 04:03 PM
i wonder why the urgency to transfer stock to our good name ?
liquidation before closing?

James
01-30-2018, 04:08 PM
I would email or call the AACC and see what is needed. I sent my passport which was notarized to them and AACC. It was stamped it and sent to the Iraqi Embassy and then returned to me. Of course this was 10 years ago so I suggest someone find out some current information as things may have changed. I do remember having to pay $ for this.

thebest
01-30-2018, 04:24 PM
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for sending us a copy of your passport. We have submitted a copy of your passport to the Iraqi Stock Exchange where they have requested a clear colored copy certified by the Iraqi Embassy or Consulate in your country bearing the Embassy and Consulate seal.

Please send us a certified copy by email 3044@warka-bank-iq.com (3044@warka-bank-iq.com) sending their original to the following mailing address:

Please send us your certified documents within two weeks from receiving this notice where we appreciate your fine cooperation and support.

Best regards,

Warka Brokerage Office

only 2 weeks to get this done????

You dont scan the original when you apply for the ISX? I think for some reason they lost yours documents in the ISX. If you have the original send to WARKA.

What If....
01-30-2018, 04:33 PM
You dont scan the original when you apply for the ISX? I think for some reason they lost yours documents in the ISX. If you have the original send to WARKA.
No, I was in so early that I didn't need anything but my DL and signed letter. This was over 10 years ago.

investindinar
01-30-2018, 08:28 PM
I would email or call the AACC and see what is needed. I sent my passport which was notarized to them and AACC. It was stamped it and sent to the Iraqi Embassy and then returned to me. Of course this was 10 years ago so I suggest someone find out some current information as things may have changed. I do remember having to pay $ for this.

I received the identical instructions that 'What If....' received following my submission of US Passport and letter of authorization to Al Warka. I tried to contact the Iraqi Embassy and Consulate on the phone to ask for further information, but I could not. So the next morning (Tuesday, January 30) I drove from Baltimore, MD to the Iraqi Embassy in DC to ask them about this and they told me to go to their Consulate. At the Consulate, after some initial confusion on the part of everybody, I was able to talk with a lady who apparently had some experience in this matter and she asked me if it had anything to do with Iraqi stocks. When I said yes, she told me that I had to go the State Department and get whatever I needed authenticated by them (U.S. Passport, etc.) before the Iraqi Consulate could certify that I was who I was, and before they could prepare all documents to be sent to Iraq. Then after some waiting, she showed me some documents that others had done. I'm not sure if they had anything to do with Al Warka, but I would not be surprised if they did, and they were quite thick.

After some searching on the internet, I found the State Dept. authentication website and instructions to fill out a 'DS4194' form to get any commercial documents authenticated. I also have to arrange for an appointment to get this done, or I could go in person with an appointment between 8:00 and 9:00 am. If anyone knows what traffic is like during the weekday mornings, it's almost impossible to get there at that time, unless you wake up at 4:00 in the morning.

Anyone have any idea if they've had to fill out a DS4194 form before for this issue? Anybody ever heard of it before?

Any experience on this would help.

Thanks.

investindinar

What If....
01-30-2018, 08:54 PM
I received the identical instructions that 'What If....' received following my submission of US Passport and letter of authorization to Al Warka. I tried to contact the Iraqi Embassy and Consulate on the phone to ask for further information, but I could not. So the next morning (Tuesday, January 30) I drove from Baltimore, MD to the Iraqi Embassy in DC to ask them about this and they told me to go to their Consulate. At the Consulate, after some initial confusion on the part of everybody, I was able to talk with a lady who apparently had some experience in this matter and she asked me if it had anything to do with Iraqi stocks. When I said yes, she told me that I had to go the State Department and get whatever I needed authenticated by them (U.S. Passport, etc.) before the Iraqi Consulate could certify that I was who I was, and before they could prepare all documents to be sent to Iraq. Then after some waiting, she showed me some documents that others had done. I'm not sure if they had anything to do with Al Warka, but I would not be surprised if they did, and they were quite thick.

After some searching on the internet, I found the State Dept. authentication website and instructions to fill out a 'DS4194' form to get any commercial documents authenticated. I also have to arrange for an appointment to get this done, or I could go in person with an appointment between 8:00 and 9:00 am. If anyone knows what traffic is like during the weekday mornings, it's almost impossible to get there at that time, unless you wake up at 4:00 in the morning.

Anyone have any idea if they've had to fill out a DS4194 form before for this issue? Anybody ever heard of it before?

Any experience on this would help.

Thanks.

investindinar
I just sent my notarized letter (passport, DL, address, three signatures) to the AACC (all of it can fit on one sheet). I hope I get it back in time. I remember people doing that years ago. I even remember the outline/fill in someone made. Wish all of that info was still here.

I also sent an email with my shipping receipt telling them what I did and if they could wait until I get mine back and not sell my shares.

I'll be really pi$$ed if after 10 years of waiting I get shafted now....

investindinar
01-30-2018, 09:12 PM
liquidation before closing?

That's the same thought that just crossed my mind today. After all, how can anyone expect these details (authentication, certification, etc.) to get sorted out in such a short period of time, unless they were forcing the bank to liquidate right away? I read late last year that there were five banks on the Central Bank's list for liquidation or takeover by sale and Al Warka was one of them. It may be that it's closing time for Al Warka and the other four (North Bank, Dar Es Salaam, Basra Investment Bank and one other).

Question is, if account holders choose to liquidate rather than transfer assets to the ISX, how long will it be before we get our funds returned to us? We can't even get them to transfer money now from our savings/brokerage accounts back stateside!

I think it may be curtains for Al Warka and they're being pushed to liquidate because they can't find a buyer.

investindinar

James
01-30-2018, 09:29 PM
Here is the form I used 10 years ago. I can't remember who I then sent it to, but it went several places to get stamped and signed. It ended up being several paged thick.

John L. Doe
4123 Hill Road
Somewhere, North Carolina 98765
Phone # (H) / email

To Whom It May Concern:

I wish to provide the necessary Authentication Requirements to engage in trading on the Iraq Stock Exchange. Please accept the following Authenticated Legal Personal Documents with original seals, signatures, and dates in chronological order for this reason.

I, (John L. Doe), born in United States on (March 18, 1968) certify with my three original signatures below, that this is a true and accurate copy of my valid U.S. Passport and valid Identification. Above is my current home address, telephone number, and email address.

[COPY OF PASSPORT]

[COPY OF ID]

Three original signatures:

(1) Signature:________________________________________
Date: _______

(2) Signature:________________________________________

(3) Signature:________________________________________

For Notary Public:

State of __________________

County of ________________

On this, the___________day of ______________, 20______, before me a notary public, the undersigned officer, personally appeared_____________________________, known to me (or satisfactorily proven) to be the person whose name is subscribed to the within instrument, and acknowledged that he executed the same for the purposes therein contained.

In witness hereof, I hereunto set my hand and official seal.

___________________________ Notary Public

What If....
01-30-2018, 09:33 PM
Here is the form I used 10 years ago. I can't remember who I then sent it to, but it went several places to get stamped and signed. It ended up being several paged thick.

John L. Doe
4123 Hill Road
Somewhere, North Carolina 98765
Phone # (H) / email

To Whom It May Concern:

I wish to provide the necessary Authentication Requirements to engage in trading on the Iraq Stock Exchange. Please accept the following Authenticated Legal Personal Documents with original seals, signatures, and dates in chronological order for this reason.

I, (John L. Doe), born in United States on (March 18, 1968) certify with my three original signatures below, that this is a true and accurate copy of my valid U.S. Passport and valid Identification. Above is my current home address, telephone number, and email address.

[COPY OF PASSPORT]

[COPY OF ID]

Three original signatures:

(1) Signature:________________________________________

(2) Signature:________________________________________

(3) Signature:________________________________________

For Notary Public:

State of __________________

County of ________________

On this, the___________day of ______________, 20______, before me a notary public, the undersigned officer, personally appeared_____________________________, known to me (or satisfactorily proven) to be the person whose name is subscribed to the within instrument, and acknowledged that he executed the same for the purposes therein contained.

In witness hereof, I hereunto set my hand and official seal.

___________________________ Notary Public

Wish I had that 3 hours ago.

I only copied my passport and DL, then typed my address and and name three times, then signed it three times and had it notarized. I didn't have any of that stuff on there.

Crap, hope they take it.

What If....
01-30-2018, 09:38 PM
That's the same thought that just crossed my mind today. After all, how can anyone expect these details (authentication, certification, etc.) to get sorted out in such a short period of time, unless they were forcing the bank to liquidate right away? I read late last year that there were five banks on the Central Bank's list for liquidation or takeover by sale and Al Warka was one of them. It may be that it's closing time for Al Warka and the other four (North Bank, Dar Es Salaam, Basra Investment Bank and one other).

Question is, if account holders choose to liquidate rather than transfer assets to the ISX, how long will it be before we get our funds returned to us? We can't even get them to transfer money now from our savings/brokerage accounts back stateside!

I think it may be curtains for Al Warka and they're being pushed to liquidate because they can't find a buyer.

investindinar
well crap. I hope that's not the case Warka, "is" my largest holding.

Maybe they are just trying to get right with the ISX to get relisted.

calstar
01-30-2018, 10:30 PM
[QUOTE=What If....;47444]No, I was in so early that I didn't need anything but my DL and signed letter. This was over 10 years ago.[/QUOTE

Your lucky I drove to the Iraqi Embassy in March 2007 to get my letter stamped by them. Drove to Washington DC from georgia.

What If....
01-30-2018, 10:44 PM
[QUOTE=What If....;47444]No, I was in so early that I didn't need anything but my DL and signed letter. This was over 10 years ago.[/QUOTE

Your lucky I drove to the Iraqi Embassy in March 2007 to get my letter stamped by them. Drove to Washington DC from georgia.
lol

was, or so I thought.

I might be losing all of my shares if the AACC doesn't get it back to me in time.

If I could drive there I would, but it's unlikely.

Of course how The ISX/Iraq is looking the shares won't be worth much until after I'm dead lol

10 years and I'm no better off as far as this goes, and might be even worse depending. Glad I didn't throw 50k+ at it.

investindinar
01-30-2018, 11:14 PM
Maybe they are just trying to get right with the ISX to get relisted.

Let's hope you're right and I'm wrong. It would be great if this latest news from Al Warka is simply represent an effort by the CBI and ISX to get Al Warka Brokerage to maintain regulations and national banking / securities laws and not circumvent them.

At the very least, CBI and ISX are getting a handle on the mess it was 10 years ago.

investindinar

cullulus
01-31-2018, 02:19 AM
sure doesnt seem good. Sucks :( since I have been holding for 10 years

James
01-31-2018, 01:56 PM

investindinar

The Director of the Information Office of the Bank, Acer Jabbar said in a statement received by the agency of all Iraq [where] a copy of it “that, in line with the duties of this bank provided for in its law and in order to ensure the stability of the banking sector and increased confidence in it was signed the Memorandum of Association of the bank deposit guarantee company with the founding body Including government and private banks, including foreign and a total of 44 banks distributed by 6 government banks 22 commercial banks and 16 foreign banks.

We need to find out which banks have signed this deposit guarantee. Warka??

James
01-31-2018, 03:12 PM
Here is some old info so take it for what it's worth.
I would first send an email to Warka asking for clarification as to the "15 days" after you receive a response email from them. It seems a pretty tight turn around (next to impossible). Another thought is how will they liquify proxy stocks if the company is suspended like so many are?

Many years ago..
You plan to do business on the ISX as an individual. What is required? Pretty much a notarized copy of your passport, drivers license, address and three signature attestation. You would send this notarized information to your broker BUT this is just temporary to get the ball rolling. The broker expects for you to get this information certified by the Iraqi Embassy within 15 days of approval by the ISX to perform trading. You send this same information off to the AACC with payment of $103 (not sure if this is accurate) and they will certify it and send it back to you (on your dime - must include self addressed & stamped envelope). Once you get the certified documents back you will scan them to your computer and email them to the broker. You are done.

Brazileiro
01-31-2018, 03:27 PM
The Director of the Information Office of the Bank, Acer Jabbar said in a statement received by the agency of all Iraq [where] a copy of it “that, in line with the duties of this bank provided for in its law and in order to ensure the stability of the banking sector and increased confidence in it was signed the Memorandum of Association of the bank deposit guarantee company with the founding body Including government and private banks, including foreign and a total of 44 banks distributed by 6 government banks 22 commercial banks and 16 foreign banks.

We need to find out which banks have signed this deposit guarantee. Warka??

Now that would be awesome if Warka signed! Thanks for the info James

haggisbasher
01-31-2018, 04:17 PM
Even more better if Al Warka Bank was the bank selected to hold all banks deposits guarntees as part of the CBI rehabilitation,this would make my day if it were so.???

Brazileiro
01-31-2018, 05:52 PM
I translated this from the CBI website. Looks like they have starting capital of around $84 Million USD. I couldn't find anything about which banks signed though. Maybe in the days to come. It would be a great selling point on the banks part to get new customers!

Signature of the deposit guarantee company

In accordance with the duties of the Central Bank of Iraq provided for in its law and in order to ensure the stability of the banking sector and increase confidence in it, "the contract of establishment of the bank deposit guarantee company was signed with the founding body", which included government and private banks, including foreign banks, a total of 44 banks distributed by 6 government banks 22 commercial banks and 16 foreign banks.

It is expected that this company will play a major role in protecting the banking sector, especially the deposits of the public (individuals and companies), which will enhance confidence in the banking sector inside Iraq and in the correspondents of banks outside Iraq, which will contribute to attracting more deposits and reuse them in credit and investment to serve the economy. Iraq.

The capital of the company is 100 billion dinars, of which 55 billion dinars from government and private banks where the proportion of government banks 25% and private banks 30% and the remaining 45 billion dinars will be offered for public subscription.

Baghdad

31 January 2018

What If....
01-31-2018, 08:27 PM
Here is some old info so take it for what it's worth.
I would first send an email to Warka asking for clarification as to the "15 days" after you receive a response email from them. It seems a pretty tight turn around (next to impossible). Another thought is how will they liquify proxy stocks if the company is suspended like so many are?

Many years ago..
You plan to do business on the ISX as an individual. What is required? Pretty much a notarized copy of your passport, drivers license, address and three signature attestation. You would send this notarized information to your broker BUT this is just temporary to get the ball rolling. The broker expects for you to get this information certified by the Iraqi Embassy within 15 days of approval by the ISX to perform trading. You send this same information off to the AACC with payment of $103 (not sure if this is accurate) and they will certify it and send it back to you (on your dime - must include self addressed & stamped envelope). Once you get the certified documents back you will scan them to your computer and email them to the broker. You are done.
It's $138, and I believe I will get it back before the 15 days (14 days). I sent it the day of and I'll barely (hopefully) make it. If anyone reads it late they're probably SOL.

http://www.bankingtech.com/2017/02/icsfs-gains-new-core-banking-system-client-in-iraq-al-arabiya-islamic-bank/ It was posted last year, but I find it hard that Warka would tank in a year.

spacetuna
01-31-2018, 09:14 PM
I’m on my honeymoon until Saturday out of the Country so I’ll have 6 days to get this done Lol. They’ve already took 60k from me I didn’t think it was possible for them to screw me over even more. I have my old passport from ten years ago that was stamped by the embassy so if they won’t take that I’m SOL.

Brazileiro
01-31-2018, 10:14 PM
i’m on my honeymoon...

congratulations!

calstar
01-31-2018, 11:07 PM
I’m on my honeymoon until Saturday out of the Country so I’ll have 6 days to get this done Lol. They’ve already took 60k from me I didn’t think it was possible for them to screw me over even more. I have my old passport from ten years ago that was stamped by the embassy so if they won’t take that I’m SOL.

Congrats they will accept the old one. Just sent them the new one.

40plus
02-02-2018, 07:05 AM
Been in this since '04, in Warka since '06. I choose to believe Warka is very busily working to meet all requirements for recapitalization and we will eventually get our money. Dreaming?

What If....
02-02-2018, 08:00 AM
Been in this since '04, in Warka since '06. I choose to believe Warka is very busily working to meet all requirements for recapitalization and we will eventually get our money. Dreaming?

Warkaa brokerage is still listed on the ISX website which means they should still be under good standing. So they only thing that makes sense is that they are trying to stay that way. They're separate from the bank right?

cowpoke
02-02-2018, 10:02 AM
I have/had an account with them from years ago. They tried to get Warka to give them my shares but Warka refused. Maybe I should try again.

Mo Dinar
02-05-2018, 04:03 AM
I just resent all my documents that were approved years ago, as I already have an ISX trading #... Let's see what happens!

haggisbasher
02-05-2018, 04:48 AM
I also resent original documents to Warka,asked for confirmation that they are in order,not reaily expecting answer to be sent to me.

Brazileiro
02-05-2018, 09:32 AM
HB, did you send them to the 3044 email address? You may get an answer from them if you did as it concerns proxy stocks. Now if you had emailed Mr I about any services such as wire transfers or CD's you wouldn't hear a word back. I know as I have asked for and about these services and received nada about my questions.

I also resent original documents to Warka,asked for confirmation that they are in order,not reaily expecting answer to be sent to me.

haggisbasher
02-05-2018, 10:02 AM
Yes Brazileiro, sent the to both Issa and 3044 email address,dont know if i have any shares in proxy but if i have i want, after all Warkas admin.has not been much good, keep you informed.

spacetuna
02-05-2018, 01:30 PM
So, I emailed Warka my old certified passport from ten years ago. Now it sounds like I need to send the original to some office in Baghdad? It's confusing if they are asking for the original document or if they just want us to mail a copy of it? They mention clear colored copy on one line and say original on another. What has everyone else done?

Dear Sirs,

Please send us a certified copy by email 3044@warka-bank-iq.com sending their original to the following mailing address:

Best regards,

Warka Brokerage Office

James
02-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Call the AACC . They can tell you what you will need.
http://www.arabchamber.com/

About AACC:
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NorthWest Suite 700
Washington, District of Columbia - 20004
Telephone: (202) 347-5800
Toll Free Tel: 1 888-939-ARAB

What If....
02-05-2018, 10:29 PM
So, I emailed Warka my old certified passport from ten years ago. Now it sounds like I need to send the original to some office in Baghdad? It's confusing if they are asking for the original document or if they just want us to mail a copy of it? They mention clear colored copy on one line and say original on another. What has everyone else done?

Dear Sirs,

Please send us a certified copy by email 3044@warka-bank-iq.com sending their original to the following mailing address:

Best regards,

Warka Brokerage Office
Same email I got after sending just a copy of my passport. I think they need you to send the certified copy to Iraq. It also sounds like there isn't really a concrete time frame. They just want them soon. I got the same thing a week a go.

I hope they aren't stricked. I called aacc and they said I'd get it after I really need it...fuk

James
02-05-2018, 10:56 PM
I'm thinking this is a standard time frame when opening an ISX account. See below.

If everyone who is trying to complete this task will email Warka and say something like... The AACC is now having a back log due to the overwhelming number of investors trying to have documents certified. Include the AACC email address, telephone number (doubt Warka will call them) Tell them all documents are in Washington awaiting verification. This might buy you all a few extra days.

This is from the Rabee Securities website (another ISX broker). This info is located under their Laws and Instructions tab. ab.

http://www.rs.iq/uploads/laws_instructions/ISX_Trading_Instructions_for_Non-Iraqi_Investors.pdf

Non-Iraqi investor personality should be checked by the broker.
The following documents should be required by electronic mail followed, within 15 days time,
by copies certified at the Iraqi Embassy in the investor’s country or at any other approved
government authority:

a.ID.
b.Valid passport.
c.Incorporation contract and registration license certified by the issuer and the Iraqi Embassy or the relevant Iraqi authority, for legal entities.
d.and temporary address (if any), e-mail address, phone number.
e.Three samples of signature.

P.S. as soon as you DO receive your papers, scan them and email to 3044....Warka so they see you have completed them, then you can mail them. If you have a few folks close by save on postage and mail a few of yours at once.

Chrispgy
02-06-2018, 09:31 AM
Hi

Has anyone completed this process from the UK?
I'm looking to make a trip to the embassy in London next week and was looking for pointers.

Many thanks

What If....
02-06-2018, 11:23 AM
I'm thinking this is a standard time frame when opening an ISX account. See below.

If everyone who is trying to complete this task will email Warka and say something like... The AACC is now having a back log due to the overwhelming number of investors trying to have documents certified. Include the AACC email address, telephone number (doubt Warka will call them) Tell them all documents are in Washington awaiting verification. This might buy you all a few extra days.

This is from the Rabee Securities website (another ISX broker). This info is located under their Laws and Instructions tab. ab.

http://www.rs.iq/uploads/laws_instructions/ISX_Trading_Instructions_for_Non-Iraqi_Investors.pdf

Non-Iraqi investor personality should be checked by the broker.
The following documents should be required by electronic mail followed, within 15 days time,
by copies certified at the Iraqi Embassy in the investor’s country or at any other approved
government authority:

a.ID.
b.Valid passport.
c.Incorporation contract and registration license certified by the issuer and the Iraqi Embassy or the relevant Iraqi authority, for legal entities.
d.and temporary address (if any), e-mail address, phone number.
e.Three samples of signature.

P.S. as soon as you DO receive your papers, scan them and email to 3044....Warka so they see you have completed them, then you can mail them. If you have a few folks close by save on postage and mail a few of yours at once.
I wonder what they will say if I send it 1-2 days late. I mean, I don't see how they could sell all of the shares in that short of a time, or how they could sell ones that are delisted (warka) or other stocks that aren't trading.

I sent an email telling them what was going on and they read it, but no response back.

Will-it-happen?
02-06-2018, 06:07 PM
Hi

Has anyone completed this process from the UK?
I'm looking to make a trip to the embassy in London next week and was looking for pointers.

Many thanks

yes

I got my passport noterised by my laywer
legalised by the home office in London

then i posted the docs to Iraq via DHL

XRAY
02-07-2018, 06:19 AM
I tried to DHL the certified docs to Warka Brokerage address Iraq – Baghdad – Arasat Alhindia – Sector 929 – St. 30 Building Warka HQ but DHL wants their Post Code and Telephone number. Does anyone have their full address and telephone number ?

Many thanks

mike032588
02-10-2018, 03:28 PM
What the hell.. I'm just reading this now... What do I have to do??

mike032588
02-10-2018, 03:34 PM
My passport is expired wTF do I do here... I'm panicking I have a huge portfolio

Will-it-happen?
02-10-2018, 04:06 PM
the fifteen days are up

are news ??

haggisbasher
02-10-2018, 04:24 PM
Hey Mike i sent a copy of the original noterized document & a jpeg of my out of date passport i used when i sent the documents way back, it was all i could do, am stuck with limited internet here in the ME.

mike032588
02-10-2018, 04:27 PM
im about to just give up on this investment honestly.....

cullulus
02-10-2018, 04:47 PM
me too, this is no way to do business

Will-it-happen?
02-10-2018, 06:23 PM
Wonder if we'll get free discount vouchers like my bank offers me here

Mo Dinar
02-11-2018, 01:24 AM
Mike,

I presume you already have an ISX Trading #, so just send them a signed request to transfer things in accordance with the new 2018 procedure and include your ISX Trading #.

mike032588
02-12-2018, 12:14 AM
where do i get my ISX trading number ... my shares are held in Warkas proxy!?!?

40plus
02-12-2018, 12:53 AM
Oh well, once Warka opens for business, hopefully share prices will still be attainable. Such are the ways of the world speculative investor.

Been a crazy ride.

Mo Dinar
02-12-2018, 02:14 AM
Mike,

I was under the impression you had done all the paperwork back in 2010-2011 when everyone was getting their documents stamped and sending them to get registered with the ISX. I did this; but never asked to get "certificates" transferred to me here in the US. Maybe I should; but once you get the certs, you cannot trade the stocks without shipping back to a broker on the ISX.

What If....
02-12-2018, 08:12 PM
where do i get my ISX trading number ... my shares are held in Warkas proxy!?!?

You get one when you send your stuff to the ISX.

Your best bet is to send a copy of your passport to Warka and overnight a notorized copy to and back to AACC. I think the time is up but you might be able to do that and get it back in time to email to Warka. If they give you two weeks from when they get your passport email.

I'm kinda in your same boat, except I'm waiting to get mine back from AACC, and hope Warka still takes it when I get it this week.

They better give me my F%$kin money back fast if they don't give me my stocks. Would still like to get back in it, and not sending anymore coin to Irak.

What If....
02-12-2018, 08:14 PM
Has anyone had their proxy shares sold and/or heard from Warka?

Brazileiro
02-13-2018, 09:56 AM
today is day 15 if Warka meant working days...

keep an eye on your account balance if you don't hear anything. I doubt Warka will email and tell a person they were too late. They didn't say anything when they had an audit and took cash from accounts in 2016. Nor do they answer questions about whether or not they are providing services that the CBI approved them for.

mike032588
02-14-2018, 12:22 AM
So annoyed here i have yet to take action. I spoke the the other broker mr. kamal but he needs isx number,... i have no idea whats goin on and im ver fustrated i have a pretty big porfolio... 2 accounts... no idea how warka can sell if they are not listed as a open broker... makes no sense here...

thebest
02-14-2018, 12:21 PM
So annoyed here i have yet to take action. I spoke the the other broker mr. kamal but he needs isx number,... i have no idea whats goin on and im ver fustrated i have a pretty big porfolio... 2 accounts... no idea how warka can sell if they are not listed as a open broker... makes no sense here...

If you had ask WARKA to sent your porfolio. I think this is the ISX number in red youre looking for.

James
02-14-2018, 12:46 PM

If you had ask WARKA to sent your porfolio. I think this is the ISX number in red youre looking for.

I looked at my account as well.

The 620 Member number is the same on my pages ( could be identifying Warka as the broker)

Where you have noted the ISX number on my Warka statement there was an 8 digit number. When I transfered my stocks to Al Karmal the IXS number is now a different 8 digit number.

mike032588
02-14-2018, 01:33 PM
i dont have that form the sent me something else. EXEL doc of holdings..

thebest
02-14-2018, 01:52 PM
i dont have that form the sent me something else. EXEL doc of holdings..

WARKA now sent the porfolio from the ISX (IDCI). Did you have any stock in you name? if that is correct WARKA had to sent you the same form I have.
I saw a friends porfolio and the account number is diferent also have 8 numbers. Did you ask Karmal how many number the ISX supost to have. Today I ask WARKA to verify if this account number is the ISX number.
Verify how old is the exel doc you have. The day I recived my porfolio was 12 dec 2015

What If....
02-14-2018, 02:39 PM
Mike I'm sure you'll get your money back. Think of all of the money you could have if you had invested in the US markets. I've been in the IQD/ISX thing for 15yrs and nothing has really happened and might be worse off. Given the stuff still happening over there I don't see much happening in the next 15. Get your money back if they sell your stocks and invest it into something that actually pays.

Brazileiro
02-14-2018, 07:46 PM
So annoyed here i have yet to take action. I spoke the the other broker mr. kamal but he needs isx number,... i have no idea whats goin on and im ver fustrated i have a pretty big porfolio... 2 accounts... no idea how warka can sell if they are not listed as a open broker... makes no sense here...If Warka Brokerage is shutting down they would have to give any shares back to the ISX wouldn't they? Can't be kept in Proxy maybe so have to be put in your name.

I would still get the documents they want together and send them to Warka. They may still take them. I think you'll be madder if the money from your shares gets put into your Warka Cash account. Who knows if we will see that money again.