PDA

View Full Version : From Tears to Joy Run for Children like Noor

Investors Iraq News
02-04-2018, 01:00 AM
The Iraqi Children Foundation (ICF)* (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001foaLhSQbxEIAQbfxDB-_yL67EyevOPnWgdJtLb_a8O4JSbPdhOsXdZA99pMZ2yjCNIpGt vZzgeE7rWVxPQUKsBg77a6rIrslkoXH0MwQb59HL9hpuk03vy5 ai0Fq6PR9ftAWlJFogGbHROXs-Y20b89T9GdPNdSyVCMixcCqJkhS0GhRzlI3SDJ4w12PCPUkNBn hCtk9YistCf12QbJbfPKf4GMljqonOxCnA-upJWg=&c=1zhUBHFid_S8aLYY5wreyTGVZfXOaSdPRT3RZCgWQ8Riiv-DNyF1gQ==&ch=hkddZziN8bkfU-pq7kY9QG-kJBvMfIvKjULo3J8kAtgWVGK3V5MYUg==)has announced the roster of Honorary Co-Chairs for the May 5, 2018,*IN THEIR SHOES 5K (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001foaLhSQbxEIAQbfxDB-_yL67EyevOPnWgdJtLb_a8O4JSbPdhOsXdZA99pMZ2yjCNIpGt vZzgeE7rWVxPQUKsBg77a6rIrslkoXH0MwQb59HL9hpuk03vy5 ai0Fq6PR9ftAWlJFogGbHROXs-Y20b89T9GdPNdSyVCMixcCqJkhS0GhRzlI3SDJ4w12PCPUkNBn hCtk9YistCf12QbJbfPKf4GMljqonOxCnA-upJWg=&c=1zhUBHFid_S8aLYY5wreyTGVZfXOaSdPRT3RZCgWQ8Riiv-DNyF1gQ==&ch=hkddZziN8bkfU-pq7kY9QG-kJBvMfIvKjULo3J8kAtgWVGK3V5MYUg==) to benefit Iraq’s most vulnerable children:

His Excellency Fareed Yasseen, Ambassador of Iraq to the United States
Ambassador Ryan Crocker (Ret.),*Former US Ambassador to Iraq and recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom
Lt. General Jeffrey S. Buchanan, Commander, US*Army North (Fifth Army),*Served four tours in Iraq
Cynthia Ozbat and Elijah Ozbat, Gold Star Mother and brother*of Cpt. Jesse*Ozbat,*served in Iraq,*killed by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan
Zainab Salbi, Award winning humanitarian, media host, and author

And ICF welcomes back our 5K stars:* the three “Young Ambassadors”*who are true testaments to the strength and resilience of Iraqi children.**Teeba was severely burned in a car bombing in Baghdad as a little girl.* Ala’a was abandoned in Iraq as a little boy with cerebral palsy.* And Humoody was shot in the face by terrorists and blinded.* Who better to represent the children of Iraq at this event?
THIS IS WHY WE RUN…
for children like Noor
Ten-year old Noor lives in*poverty*with her*mother and little brother in a house of mud and sheet metal.** She enjoys going regularly*to the Hope*Bus for tutoring and a nutritious lunch, but she*also works collecting empty cans from landfills to support her family.
Recently, Noor came to the bus, sobbing*and*saying her mother was about to die. Staff*immediately went to check and discovered her mother*had suffered a*heart attack but didn’t have*money to go to a doctor or buy medicine. They took her to*a hospital,*and Noor and her brother went to stay with a relative.* After several days,*the mother was ready to go home and today,*Noor*is*back in class at the Hope Bus!
Incoming ICF Chairman Mohammed Khudairi Khudairi said:
“I am pleased and honored to have the opportunity to give back to the children of Iraq as the new Chairman of the*Iraqi Children Foundation. As a young man spending summers in Iraq, I interacted with many underprivileged children who lived in dire conditions and those children became some of my best friends. I cherish those relationships to this day.*
“As an American and businessman, this cause is dear to my heart and I call on all our friends in the Iraqi-American community, business community, veterans, and Gold Star families to join us*May 5*to run/walk ‘in their shoes’*for these vulnerable children.“
(Source: ICF)

Source: Iraq-BusinessNews.com. (http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2018/02/04/from-tears-to-joy-run-for-children-like-noor/)

Post your commentary below.