PDA

View Full Version : shares into our good name

Will-it-happen?
01-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Why are warka putting all our shares from proxy into our good names ?

IRAQISTEVE1
01-27-2013, 12:17 AM
I think since they are broke, it's easier to put them in our good name instead of putting anything into our bank accounts.

Just sayin:(

calstar
01-27-2013, 02:16 AM
I think since they are broke, it's easier to put them in our good name instead of putting anything into our bank accounts.

Just sayin:(

Steve I hope put your stocks in dark,deep rich chocolates at the travelex.

stevie
01-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Three more were placed in my name today. They are not getting it right though. I sold Baghdad Hotel 2 yrs ago and now they have put it in my name. Islamic Bank they only put 1/2 in my name.

Will-it-happen?
01-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Three more were placed in my name today. They are not getting it right though. I sold Baghdad Hotel 2 yrs ago and now they have put it in my name. Islamic Bank they only put 1/2 in my name.

yep me too, they are giving me shares in stuff i sold ages ago

24mm exposed grid
01-27-2013, 02:23 PM
yep me too, they are giving me shares in stuff i sold ages ago

Ditto.......

calstar
01-27-2013, 02:57 PM
The best thing to do is have them make the correction. Just tell them the problem and they will fix them. I did and they made the correction.

Will-it-happen?
01-27-2013, 05:09 PM
has anyone shares that have been converted from proxy to good name been added to their warka internet banking yet ?

calstar
01-27-2013, 05:28 PM
I have had mine transfer since 2009.

24mm exposed grid
01-27-2013, 07:41 PM
The best thing to do is have them make the correction. Just tell them the problem and they will fix them. I did and they made the correction.

To say that's a million miles from the point is an understatement.

The point is that this bunch of comedians have no f%^$^I** clue who owns what. look at the amount of peeps here that post their accouint portfolio is incorrect - thats disregarding the ones that don't post or just don't know. As an institution running a proxy scheme they should know exactly who owns what and balance it against what they themselves hold.

I am utterly convinced that they do not have the first clue and the proxy system is nothing but a farce.

baz
01-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Ages ago when i asked about this i was told that all stocks/shares would be put into our names automatically as and when and i didn't have to do anything as it would be done all in good time, last week when i "AGAIN" emailed them to find out when?....and i got a quick answer back... i have now been told i have to go to the Iraq Embassy to get certain documents stamped and send them of to Warka Bank.

dinar shore
01-28-2013, 04:08 AM
baz, I've been receiving automatic stock transfers 'In My Good Name' for a couple of years and I only have three stocks still in proxy. I don't know if they treat GB differently than the USA but what they told you sounds like a crock. On a side note, have you had any communication with Mr. I in the past year or so? The Warka ISX Dept. snapped at me a few weeks ago when I sent an email and cc: Mr. I as I have since 2005 and informed me that Mr. I was a Senior Corporate Bank Executive at Warka and was not to be contacted because he was no longer involved at the Warka-ISX level.

Ages ago when i asked about this i was told that all stocks/shares would be put into our names automatically as and when and i didn't have to do anything as it would be done all in good time, last week when i "AGAIN" emailed them to find out when?....and i got a quick answer back... i have now been told i have to go to the Iraq Embassy to get certain documents stamped and send them of to Warka Bank.

24mm exposed grid
01-28-2013, 06:51 AM

Baz, have you ever been through the process of getting notarised ID and ISX documents organised here in the UK with the Iraqi Consulate and Anglo-Arab Chamber of Commerce ? These documents must be produced and sent to Warka. If you haven't done this, I'm afraid that either you were given duff info originally or you misunderstood what they said originally.

The ONLY way to get shares converted to your own name and out of the proxy system is to go through this process. Once done and submitted to Warka, you will get an ISX investor ID number. Any shares purchased from that point on will be in your own name and Warka will (supposedely !!) start trtansferring your proxy holdings into your own name at a 2% commision.

You may get a few pennies change out of 300 in all.

baz
01-28-2013, 08:57 AM
Thanks Dinar and 24 for the info, on the first part of my post 24 when i first got told they were going to change the stock over and i didn't have to do anything i did quiz the bank on this because i had also been told to get the doc's done, they said don't because we are doing it for you. Make you mind up why don't you Iraq!

So it's a trip to London then to get the docs done....something to look forward to....if the trains run on time or at all...if the points ain't broke...if it's the right type of leaves on the track...if the tracks not wet...if i don't get mugged on the train... if i don't get accosted in the street by some strange woman who limps a bit and spits a lot, who will do me a "Service" for 5 quid!... if i don't have to buy the "Big Issue" or she will cut my throat, in six different language's...if i don't get run over by some illegal immigrant non insured car driver...if the illegal taxi drivers sat nav works...if he don't take me the short way around..via Blackpool...if the Iraq Embassy believe me when i tell them "No i am not Jewish just because i was born in the East End of London"...things should go very well then.

Thanks Guys.

calstar
01-28-2013, 10:17 AM
I hope it works out for you baz.

HumbleGenius
01-28-2013, 01:29 PM

LMAO - Thanks Calstar I needed a good laugh this morning. You mean they corrected the spreadsheet they sent you because you told them what was wrong. Wait til you get a list next year and the mistakes are still there.

calstar
01-28-2013, 01:38 PM
No, I asked for a copy of my spreadsheet. I found that a bank was on there that I never bought ( Bank of Baghdad). I ask them to remove it and update it. And they sent me an updated copy. It took about 1 week. If they are not on holiday. lol

HumbleGenius
01-28-2013, 02:27 PM
No, I asked for a copy of my spreadsheet. I found that a bank was on there that I never bought ( Bank of Baghdad). I ask them to remove it and update it. And they sent me an updated copy. It took about 1 week. If they are not on holiday. lol

Hey Calstar, not trying to bust your chops. I hope all is well. You sort of proved my point. If you did not tell them what was wrong they would not have been able to figure it out themselves IMHGO. I have no confidence that they went back to 'Your' file and made some sort of correction. I have significant confidence they just made a change to a spreadsheet as you desired and sent it back to you. That has been my experience.

However, now they seem to have rectified the situation for me in their minds. They ignore my requests now for a copy of my portfolio so they dont have to worry about it.

Lenmon
01-28-2013, 05:09 PM
I received my portfolio, and it had a lot of mistakes. I sent them what I had for records along with copies of their emails with my stocks and balances. I have not heard from them at all. I sent them back in November. I have not received any stocks in my good name from proxy. I sent a copy of my documents, maybe I needed to send the real thing?

calstar
01-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Hey Calstar, not trying to bust your chops. I hope all is well. You sort of proved my point. If you did not tell them what was wrong they would not have been able to figure it out themselves IMHGO. I have no confidence that they went back to 'Your' file and made some sort of correction. I have significant confidence they just made a change to a spreadsheet as you desired and sent it back to you. That has been my experience.

However, now they seem to have rectified the situation for me in their minds. They ignore my requests now for a copy of my portfolio so they dont have to worry about it.

Don't busting my butts. They doing that at my job i'm ready to retire. lol

lglwzrd
02-01-2013, 09:24 PM
and should i transfer my delisted stocks into my own name such as my warka stock??

Kickabuck
02-02-2013, 12:49 AM
We all know Warkaa isn't perfect, but let's not forget how long the delay is for receiving free shares and dividends into your account, Warkaa doesn't have any control over that. Has anyone sold shares they never bought? Has anyone resold shares they sold previously? Proxy owners without legal paperwork that was required in 2009 may lose everything, why take that chance? Simply jump thru the hoops, get the paperwork filed, pay the 2% transfer fees, and hope this pays off.

Now that the selloff has finally ended (celluar ipo), we should see a nice gain in the next 60 days...and I'm all for the 'minor market', lets drive the dogs out and get behind the companies with monetary funds available for growth...i.e. deep pockets :)

Kickabuck
02-02-2013, 12:51 AM
and should i transfer my delisted stocks into my own name such as my warka stock??

Your tax records show you already wrote that off!

calstar
02-02-2013, 02:18 AM
Spot on KB. I guess I will need an international tax accountant.

24mm exposed grid
02-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Has anyone else had their Warka stock balance zeroed on their portfolio ?

My latest portfolio request detailed my entire Warka holdings as 0, yet two other delisted stocks (National for Food and Basrah Bank) still have their balances as per.

I'm under no illusions here that my Warka stock is worth zero, but to see it recorded as 0 is not what I want to see, at least until the whole situation is resolved one way or another. Trying to get to the bottom of this.

HumbleGenius
02-02-2013, 02:20 PM

My latest portfolio request detailed my entire Warka holdings as 0, yet two other delisted stocks (National for Food and Basrah Bank) still have their balances as per.

I'm under no illusions here that my Warka stock is worth zero, but to see it recorded as 0 is not what I want to see, at least until the whole situation is resolved one way or another. Trying to get to the bottom of this.

Well if I can't get a statement from them at all does that count as zeroed out or non existent? Hmmm

Will-it-happen?
02-02-2013, 02:20 PM

when i put in a balance request about 1 year ago my warka stock holdings were still there

have yours gone to zero on your warka internet banking ?

24mm exposed grid
02-02-2013, 07:38 PM
when i put in a balance request about 1 year ago my warka stock holdings were still there

have yours gone to zero on your warka internet banking ?

Mine were there a year ago, but have been zeroed since I last asked for an updated portfolio.

The portfolio, as available online has never been properly accurate or ever been updated, which is why I send in a portfolio request every year or so.

Will-it-happen?
02-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Mine were there a year ago, but have been zeroed since I last asked for an updated portfolio.

The portfolio, as available online has never been properly accurate or ever been updated, which is why I send in a portfolio request every year or so.

Did you get a reason as to why your holdings have been zeroed ?

24mm exposed grid
02-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Did you get a reason as to why your holdings have been zeroed ?

As I said, I am trying to get to the bottom of it.