PDA

View Full Version : Just received my asiacell shares!! Yea!!!!

BettingOn Iraq
02-03-2013, 06:34 PM
I AM SO STOKED!! I was never sure we would be able to purchase these shares with all the large institutions etc. buying up all the shares. But I received confirmation from the broker and the ISX that my complete purchase was made.

stevie
02-03-2013, 06:40 PM
I am so happy for you! Who did you buy through?

BettingOn Iraq
02-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Hi Stevie,

Thank you!! I bought through Aljazera Brokerage. It's so hard to believe. How long have we waited for this??

Will-it-happen?
02-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi Stevie,

Thank you!! I bought through Aljazera Brokerage. It's so hard to believe. How long have we waited for this??

whats the requirements to open an account with them ?

BettingOn Iraq
02-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Their site is www.isxbroker.com

The minimum to open an account is $10,000. I got in @$1,000 at the end of July. That was the cutoff date for the $1,000 to open an account.

dinar_dude
02-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Glad to hear you're in.
Let us know how you opened the account. I'd like to have some alternatives to Warka.

Did Al-Jazeera require a minimum buy-in?

Will-it-happen?
02-03-2013, 09:38 PM
any one use al-karmal ?

are they any good ?

BettingOn Iraq
02-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Thank you, dinar_dude!

I was excited because part of me didn't believe us small investors had a chance of receiving shares.

Yes, they do have a minimum requirement. It changed in August from $1K to $10K to join Aljazera. I was lucky enough to get in at the end of July.

Try Karmal Brokerage also.

Major Payne
02-04-2013, 04:49 PM
BettingOn Iraq thanks to your posting about Aljazera I was able to pick up some Asiacell stock. Mr. Abdul-Karim has been very pleasant to work with and is very professional. Thanks for posting.

Thank you, dinar_dude!

I was excited because part of me didn't believe us small investors had a chance of receiving shares.

Yes, they do have a minimum requirement. It changed in August from $1K to $10K to join Aljazera. I was lucky enough to get in at the end of July.

Try Karmal Brokerage also.

BettingOn Iraq
02-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Major Payne, congratulations on receiving Asiacell stock! Yes, Mr. Abdul-Karim has been such a pleasure to work with.

Best of luck on your investments.

shardima
02-05-2013, 10:41 AM
I AM SO STOKED!! I was never sure we would be able to purchase these shares with all the large institutions etc. buying up all the shares. But I received confirmation from the broker and the ISX that my complete purchase was made.

yeah I got my lazy 1,800,000 shares in asiacell confirmed yesterday as well! ;)

crazyfrank
02-05-2013, 04:06 PM
has anyone herd anything from warka on these? or is it just worth it to run an order thru to see what happens?

baz
02-05-2013, 05:21 PM
yeah I got my lazy 1,800,000 shares in asiacell confirmed yesterday as well! ;)

You spent 39,600,000 Iraq Dinars on these?.....WOW

Virenque
02-05-2013, 07:53 PM
has anyone herd anything from warka on these? or is it just worth it to run an order thru to see what happens?

After this email, which I have received after being pushy with my demand to provide me with instructions on how to apply for Asiacell IPO shares, nothing. And I also do not care that much. Shares are not sky-rocketing at all, current price of 1,5 IQD above IPO price is more than fine with me.

Dear Sir

To buy stocks , please send us a signed request noting that the price for Asia cell shares is 22 IQD per share at least …

For any further questions please contact us directly isx@warka (isx@warka-bank-iq.com)-bank-iq.com (isx@warka-bank-iq.com)

Best regards,

ISX Department
Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

shardima
02-05-2013, 10:22 PM
You spent 39,600,000 Iraq Dinars on these?.....WOW

yep call me crazy or one day very rich! probably more like crazy! but here for the long haul!;)

baz
02-06-2013, 09:03 AM
yep call me crazy or one day very rich! probably more like crazy! but here for the long haul!;)

Well i have to give it to you by spending 39 million 600 thousands Iraq Dinar on stock you sure as hell deserve any increase you get.

BettingOn Iraq
02-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Shardima, that is awesome!!!

BettingOn Iraq
02-06-2013, 05:31 PM
My husband tried to buy Asiacell and this was the message he received.

Dear Sir,

As our brokerage office is affiliated with Warka Bank we have submitted your order to the brokerage firm where they are currently waiting for instructions from the CBI custodian committee regarding the process and execution of this order as they need to approve all transactions at our bank being the higher authorized party.

Best regards,

ISX Department

ComingtoDinar
02-06-2013, 06:08 PM
That's called "the run around"

Dear Sir,

As our brokerage office is affiliated with Warka Bank we have submitted your order to the brokerage firm where they are currently waiting for instructions from the CBI custodian committee regarding the process and execution of this order as they need to approve all transactions at our bank being the higher authorized party.

Best regards,

ISX Department

ISX Maniac who uses Warka
02-07-2013, 03:00 PM
I received the same response. What they are really saying is, " we have submitted your email to the recycling bin. *uck you and have a nice day! :D"

Dear Sir,

Best regards,

ISX Department

Kickabuck
02-08-2013, 12:53 AM
Maybe there is a cash limit on withdrawls from, what appears to be, the nationalized warka bank. There is no disconnect from warkaa the brokerage and isx trading, unless volume is involved. To answer the question, it's either a 4K withdrawl limit at the bank, or the bookmaker on this IPO (Rabee) is only trading internally between it's preferred trading partners.

Mo Dinar
02-08-2013, 02:42 AM
What is the symbol for Asia Cell on the ISX? Has the price gone up since the opening? I might try to get 250K in shares via Warka if it will go through!!!!!!

BettingOn Iraq
02-08-2013, 12:17 PM
That was my first buy order in almost a year. I had enough cash to cover and some left over.

I agree, it was the old run around.

HumbleGenius
02-08-2013, 12:50 PM
What is the symbol for Asia Cell on the ISX? Has the price gone up since the opening? I might try to get 250K in shares via Warka if it will go through!!!!!!

You may want to read this thread before asking these questions. Just sayin.

Fishindinar
02-08-2013, 01:53 PM
I think there are better stocks in the USA, Iraq has been nothing but a gamble.

Fishindinar
02-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Asiacell is at 23.48 dinar per share.

dejavu
02-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Is that minimum 10,000 in u.s. or iraq currency?
:confused:

BettingOn Iraq
02-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Hi dejavu, the minimum is $10,000 USD.

Fishindinar
02-09-2013, 05:58 PM

The symbol is TASC.

calstar
02-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Anybody heard anything about Zain telecom

Fishindinar
02-21-2013, 01:49 AM
AsiaCell is at 22.56 dinar per share.

BettingOn Iraq
02-22-2013, 04:48 PM
That's expected. I am long term. I'm not looking for anything positive with Iraq until Maliki is gone.

guardian
02-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Iraq's $1.4 billion Asiacell share offer sold out: exchange

BAGHDAD | Sun Feb 3, 2013 8:46am EST

http://www.investorsiraq.com/forums/showthread.php?2093-Iraq-s-1-4-billion-Asiacell-share-offer-sold-out-exchange

Will-it-happen?
03-01-2013, 02:20 PM
i see that the share price is now 22.01, whats happening there ?

HumbleGenius
03-01-2013, 05:49 PM
i see that the share price is now 22.01, whats happening there ?

I am planning to buy some when it gets down to around 5 dinar.

ComingtoDinar
03-02-2013, 06:55 PM
I am planning to buy some when it gets down to around 5 dinar.

you are a genius!

Mo Dinar
03-06-2013, 02:59 AM
If Warka has stated that shares can be transferred to another Broker...Would it be possible for someone here who is hooked-up with one of the other Brokers in Iraq, approach them to see if they would entertain the idea of lowering their minimal deposit amount in exchange for all the business that could be stripped from Warka?

I would then have mine transferred, sell and have them wire the money back!

Will-it-happen?
03-06-2013, 05:28 PM
If Warka has stated that shares can be transferred to another Broker...Would it be possible for someone here who is hooked-up with one of the other Brokers in Iraq, approach them to see if they would entertain the idea of lowering their minimal deposit amount in exchange for all the business that could be stripped from Warka?

I would then have mine transferred, sell and have them wire the money back!

Its possible to do that with IRAQ MIDDLE EAST BANK , however a personal visit to iraq is required , also you cant transfer delisted stocks such as BWAI

calstar
03-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Its possible to do that with credit bank , however a personal visit to iraq is required , also you cant transfer delisted stocks such as BWAI

Are you talking about Credit Bank of Iraq?

Will-it-happen?
03-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Are you talking about Credit Bank of Iraq?

oops, my bad

the bank is question is IRAQ MIDDLE EAST BANK

sorry for poor info

03-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Today March 10 2013, I am OFFICIALLY out of Warka bank :p. I have transferred all my stocks to Al Jazeera brokerage. They are by far the best broker Ever. The whole process was easy and smooth. They answer all my emails immediately even on the Iraqi weekends. Anyone looking to get out of Warka I HIGHLY recommend Al Jazeera. ;)

03-10-2013, 03:29 PM
today march 10 2013, i am officially out of warka bank :p. I have transferred all my stocks to al jazeera brokerage. They are by far the best broker ever. The whole process was easy and smooth. They answer all my emails immediately even on the iraqi weekends. Anyone looking to get out of warka i highly recommend al jazeera. ;)

smell ya later warka bank!!! I will need a new screen name now :confused:

calstar
03-10-2013, 04:09 PM

Good luck!

ComingtoDinar
03-10-2013, 07:24 PM

Weird, this says that you just joined in January so no loss on the screen name. This post has a lot of red flags going off in my head. We will have to do research. Where did this other bank come from and why has no one mentioned it before as being a viable option or is it the same as Al Karmal?

Will-it-happen?
03-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Today March 10 2013, I am OFFICIALLY out of Warka bank :p. I have transferred all my stocks to Al Jazeera brokerage. They are by far the best broker Ever. The whole process was easy and smooth. They answer all my emails immediately even on the Iraqi weekends. Anyone looking to get out of Warka I HIGHLY recommend Al Jazeera. ;)

did you ever buy shares in bwai ? if you did then what will happen to them ?

03-10-2013, 08:46 PM
did you ever buy shares in bwai ? if you did then what will happen to them ?

Thank you for sending your signed Stock Transfer Form in Arabic .
We went to the Iraqi Deposirory Center ( IDC ) today (7 March 2013 ) and did the following :
1 . We showed them your emails which you sent us yesterday reflecting your decision to transfer all your stocks and shares from your Warka account to your account with Aljazera Brokerage Company .
2 . We requested the IDC to provide us with a summary of all your stocks and shares in your Warka account .
They provided this summary . Please find attached 6 documents on your account . The summary shows your exact stock account holdings except your BWAI shares . All BWAI shares of all ISX investors were transferred from their various accounts with various brokerage houses to the IDC when Warka Bank was put under the guardianship of the CBI several months ago . This step was taken to protect the rights of ISX investors and to prevent any distortion of ISX investors' accounts . When Warka resolves its issues with the CBI , your BWAI shares will be transferred from the IDC , where they are now held , to your account with Aljazera Brokerage Company .
3 . We completed on your behalf several Stock Transfer Forms in Arabic , listing all the stocks and shares to be transferred according to the IDC summary which we had received . For each of the 46 companies , the IDC charged 1,000 IQD for the transfer process . We paid them (46,000) Iraqi dinars on your behalf . Please find attached the IDC receipt for the sum of 46,000 IQD . Accordingly , this amount will be withdrawn from your account balance with our brokerage firm .
4 . We presented your Stock Transfer application Forms . They were processed for approval .
5 . On Sunday ( 10 March 2013 ) , we shall send you documents on your account with us , showing all the stock account holdings which have been transferred from your Warka account to your new account with us .
6 . Subscription to 208% HKAR paid-up shares at 1 IQD per share began 2 days ago . If you would like us to subscribe to these shares on your behalf , please let us know as soon as possible . The subscription period is 2 weeks for HKAR shareholders .
7 . Subscription to 50% BCOI paid-up shares at 1 IQD per share also began 2 days ago . If you would like us to subscribe to these shares on your behalf , please let us know as soon as possible . Subscription lasts 2 weeks only for BCOI shareholders .
8 . Please find attached our Buying and Selling Authorization Forms .

We look forward to doing business with you .

03-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Here is another email from Aljazeera for those Warka investors who are finding missing paid up and free shares on some of your companies.

You are welcome . We do our best to serve our clients .
There is no need for you to write to Warka about the so-called "discrepancy" between your IDC stock account
and your Warka stock account . We do not think there is a discrepancy . The fact is that new issued shares of any listed company usually take up to 6 months to be listed on any exchange in the world . Therefore , you need to wait until your new bonus and paid-up shares of these two companies (BEFI and IMAP) are listed on the ISX and appear in your Warka stock account . We shall then also transfer these new shares from your Warka account to your account with Aljazera Brokerage Company . We receive official notifications from the ISX when the new shares are addded to the accounts of ISX investors . We shall then post these ISX updates on the "Important Announcements" Page on our website , www.isxbroker.com (http://www.isxbroker.com/) .

calstar
03-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Thank you for sending your signed Stock Transfer Form in Arabic .
We went to the Iraqi Deposirory Center ( IDC ) today (7 March 2013 ) and did the following :
1 . We showed them your emails which you sent us yesterday reflecting your decision to transfer all your stocks and shares from your Warka account to your account with Aljazera Brokerage Company .
2 . We requested the IDC to provide us with a summary of all your stocks and shares in your Warka account .
They provided this summary . Please find attached 6 documents on your account . The summary shows your exact stock account holdings except your BWAI shares . All BWAI shares of all ISX investors were transferred from their various accounts with various brokerage houses to the IDC when Warka Bank was put under the guardianship of the CBI several months ago . This step was taken to protect the rights of ISX investors and to prevent any distortion of ISX investors' accounts . When Warka resolves its issues with the CBI , your BWAI shares will be transferred from the IDC , where they are now held , to your account with Aljazera Brokerage Company .
3 . We completed on your behalf several Stock Transfer Forms in Arabic , listing all the stocks and shares to be transferred according to the IDC summary which we had received . For each of the 46 companies , the IDC charged 1,000 IQD for the transfer process . We paid them (46,000) Iraqi dinars on your behalf . Please find attached the IDC receipt for the sum of 46,000 IQD . Accordingly , this amount will be withdrawn from your account balance with our brokerage firm .
4 . We presented your Stock Transfer application Forms . They were processed for approval .
5 . On Sunday ( 10 March 2013 ) , we shall send you documents on your account with us , showing all the stock account holdings which have been transferred from your Warka account to your new account with us .
6 . Subscription to 208% HKAR paid-up shares at 1 IQD per share began 2 days ago . If you would like us to subscribe to these shares on your behalf , please let us know as soon as possible . The subscription period is 2 weeks for HKAR shareholders .
7 . Subscription to 50% BCOI paid-up shares at 1 IQD per share also began 2 days ago . If you would like us to subscribe to these shares on your behalf , please let us know as soon as possible . Subscription lasts 2 weeks only for BCOI shareholders .
8 . Please find attached our Buying and Selling Authorization Forms .

We look forward to doing business with you .

[B]Thanks for the post. Congrats on your stock/shares transfer. I think Warka is under control of the CBI until the investment law meetings start.We will know what's up. If warka was failing they would drop all of share holders of the bank. Which really would have been bad for all who have invested in Iraq.]

stevie
03-11-2013, 01:13 AM
How much did they charge you to open an account with them?

Here is another email from Aljazeera for those Warka investors who are finding missing paid up and free shares on some of your companies.

You are welcome . We do our best to serve our clients .
There is no need for you to write to Warka about the so-called "discrepancy" between your IDC stock account
and your Warka stock account . We do not think there is a discrepancy . The fact is that new issued shares of any listed company usually take up to 6 months to be listed on any exchange in the world . Therefore , you need to wait until your new bonus and paid-up shares of these two companies (BEFI and IMAP) are listed on the ISX and appear in your Warka stock account . We shall then also transfer these new shares from your Warka account to your account with Aljazera Brokerage Company . We receive official notifications from the ISX when the new shares are addded to the accounts of ISX investors . We shall then post these ISX updates on the "Important Announcements" Page on our website , www.isxbroker.com (http://www.isxbroker.com/) .

03-11-2013, 02:10 AM

How did you get out of Warka? Them suckers don't even email back.....

03-11-2013, 02:30 AM
How much did they charge you to open an account with them?

You must wire over $10,000. After all the fees from the 2 separate banks that the wire must travel through to get to Al Jazeera, $9,913 was credited to my account. There is no account minimum. In order to wire funds back, they must come from sold shares. I am planning to put my $10,000 on a good bank, selling quickly, then wiring all the money back. :D

03-11-2013, 02:35 AM
How did you get out of Warka? Them suckers don't even email back.....

After opening an account with Al Jazeera, they notified Warka to transfer all my stocks (which are non-proxy) to their brokerage. They sent them stock transfer paperwork with my signatures. I did not email Warka once. Then out of the blue I get an email from Warka asking for a signed authorization form to transfer the stocks. I am not even sure that I had to send one but I did anyways. All Stocks were transfered in 1 day.;) I have some remaining funds in Warka which I will use to buy more stock and then transfer to Al Jazeera. I will probably keep my account open with Warka just for shittts and giggles. :rolleyes:

24mm exposed grid
03-11-2013, 08:24 AM
[QUOTE=ISX Maniac who uses Warka;3095]Thank you for sending your signed Stock Transfer Form in Arabic .
The summary shows your exact stock account holdings except your BWAI shares . All BWAI shares of all ISX investors were transferred from their various accounts with various brokerage houses to the IDC when Warka Bank was put under the guardianship of the CBI several months ago . This step was taken to protect the rights of ISX investors and to prevent any distortion of ISX investors' accounts . When Warka resolves its issues with the CBI , your BWAI shares will be transferred from the IDC QUOTE]

Thanks, I now know why my BWAI holdings have been zeroed on my Warka account.

I wish you luck in getting all of your money out.

stevie
03-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks. Sounds like a good plan. I just don't have $10,000, so for now I am stuck hoping a miracle happens with Warka.

JERSEY DINAR
03-11-2013, 05:06 PM
so what is the contact info for Al Jareera?
Who else has accomplished this?

03-11-2013, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=ISX Maniac who uses Warka;3095]Thank you for sending your signed Stock Transfer Form in Arabic .
The summary shows your exact stock account holdings except your BWAI shares . All BWAI shares of all ISX investors were transferred from their various accounts with various brokerage houses to the IDC when Warka Bank was put under the guardianship of the CBI several months ago . This step was taken to protect the rights of ISX investors and to prevent any distortion of ISX investors' accounts . When Warka resolves its issues with the CBI , your BWAI shares will be transferred from the IDC QUOTE]

Thanks, I now know why my BWAI holdings have been zeroed on my Warka account.

I wish you luck in getting all of your money out.

Thank you. If you would like any more info just message me.

03-11-2013, 06:38 PM
so what is the contact info for Al Jareera?
Who else has accomplished this?

info.aljazera@isxbroker.com

Mo Dinar
03-12-2013, 03:15 AM
What is the reason that the wire back "must come from sold shares"?

You must wire over $10,000. After all the fees from the 2 separate banks that the wire must travel through to get to Al Jazeera, $9,913 was credited to my account. There is no account minimum. In order to wire funds back, they must come from sold shares. I am planning to put my $10,000 on a good bank, selling quickly, then wiring all the money back. :D

03-12-2013, 04:04 AM
What is the reason that the wire back "must come from sold shares"?

Because they are a broker and want you to invest. They want commission for shares bought and sold. After dealing with Warka's crappy service for 3 years, it doesn't bother me one bit. Here is their email response:

There is no limit for outgoing wires to the US as long as the amount comes from sold shares in your brokerage account .

stevie
03-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Because they are a broker and want you to invest. They want commission for shares bought and sold. After dealing with Warka's crappy service for 3 years, it doesn't bother me one bit. Here is their email response:

There is no limit for outgoing wires to the US as long as the amount comes from sold shares in your brokerage account .

So you can't wire $10,000 to open an account, get all shares moved to them and then have say $8,000 or so wired back? You have to use that $10,000 to buy shares? I was thinking of borrowing the money to get my shares out of Warka and then get most of the money back to the person I borrowed from.

03-12-2013, 05:46 PM
So you can't wire $10,000 to open an account, get all shares moved to them and then have say $8,000 or so wired back? You have to use that $10,000 to buy shares? I was thinking of borrowing the money to get my shares out of Warka and then get most of the money back to the person I borrowed from.

Yes that is correct. You can try and ask them if they will make an exception for you. I invested the money because I wanted to see what the buying and selling process with them is like. They executed my buy orders in 1 DAY and sent me confirmation! And I am not stuck with Warka's stupid 200,000 share blocks that you must buy. They bought me over 2 million shares in 2 banks. They are Great!!!

Will-it-happen?
03-12-2013, 05:50 PM

Thee seems to be a lot of fizz in pepsi at the mo

ComingtoDinar
03-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Yes that is correct. You can try and ask them if they will make an exception for you. I invested the money because I wanted to see what the buying and selling process with them is like. They executed my buy orders in 1 DAY and sent me confirmation! And I am not stuck with Warka's stupid 200,000 share blocks that you must buy. They bought me over 2 million shares in 2 banks. They are Great!!!

Let me summarize. Evil government in backward country seizes the fastest growing most technology advanced bank in the county and basically shuts it down for 2 years. Now this magic bank shows up with perfect customer support and service even though that has been impossible with any bank in Iraq and all you have to do is send 10k.

03-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Let me summarize. Evil government in backward country seizes the fastest growing most technology advanced bank in the county and basically shuts it down for 2 years. Now this magic bank shows up with perfect customer support and service even though that has been impossible with any bank in Iraq and all you have to do is send 10k.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!;)

BettingOn Iraq
03-13-2013, 11:14 PM

Here is the website for Aljazera Brokerage. They are listed on ISX as a ISX Brokerage. Before the August 1, 2012 the cost was $1,000 USD. The service is very good. It seem to be a small operation only because it still has a personal touch. I've been happy with them. But I will also keep my Warka account.

www.isxbroker.com

ComingtoDinar
03-14-2013, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=BettingOn Iraq;3189]
Here is the website for Aljazera Brokerage. They are listed on ISX as a ISX Brokerage. Before the August 1, 2012 the cost was $1,000 USD. The service is very good. It seem to be a small operation only because it still has a personal touch. I've been happy with them. But I will also keep my Warka account.

Thanks for the reply. A smaller bank would also seem more risky and look at the problems we had with Warka. My problem with this is that it feel's like people are being herded towards this bank so a problem was caused and then solution presented. And the original problem wasn't even probably real in the first place.

03-14-2013, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=BettingOn Iraq;3189]

Thanks for the reply. A smaller bank would also seem more risky and look at the problems we had with Warka. My problem with this is that it feel's like people are being herded towards this bank so a problem was caused and then solution presented. And the original problem wasn't even probably real in the first place.

HUH??????:confused:

BettingOn Iraq
03-14-2013, 07:50 PM
ComingtoDinar, my reasons for joining Aljazera Brokerage were many. I wanted to be able to purchase cell phone stocks, have a place to transfer all stock in my name at Warka and be able to purchase 100K of any stock trading.

I admit I got somewhat shook by Warka's lack of communication and the fact they weren't allowed to trade AsiaCell. Plus, the length of time they were unable to provide a full service bank. But I am not negative on Warka, Aljazera or the ISX. I hope Warka can make a full recovery and I'm willing to give them time to do that. I am negative on the leadership, politics and the lack of growth of Iraq.

I knew going in investing in Iraq was risky so whatever monies I have invested and will invest hopefully will be profitable at some point. If not it's not the end for me.