PDA

View Full Version : Iraq Anbar candidates file lawsuit to challenge elections postponement

JWing
03-23-2013, 03:47 AM
Al Anbar provincial council member, Faysal Al I’sawi revealed on Thursday that a number of local election candidates will file a lawsuit before the federal court to challenge the cabinet’s decision to postpone elections in the province. He considered that such a decision is unconstitutional and reflects “Al Maliki’s current policy”.

“A number of candidates running for Al Anbar’s provincial elections, affiliated with different lists, filed today a lawsuit before the federal court to challenge the cabinet’s decision to postpone elections in the province”, said Al I’sawi in a statement to Alsumaria.

“This unconstitutional decision clearly reflects Al Maliki’s current policy”, considered Al I’sawi.

Head of Al Sahwa conference in Iraq Ahmad Abu Risha demanded on Thursday March 21 that the Iraqi Cabinet go back on its decision to postpone the elections in Al Anbar. He qualified this decision as an “incorrect Fatwa” and accused political entities in the province of being responsible for the recent explosions and attempts to postpone the elections.

Al Ahrar’s bloc affiliated with the Sadrist movement said on Thursday March 21 that the upcoming provincial elections will be incomplete if these two provinces were left out. He qualified such procedure as unconstitutional while confirming that the Cabinet and the Parliament are lacking the presence of many political blocs.

The cabinet decided on Tuesday March 19 to postpone election in Nineveh and Al Anbar provinces for no less than 6 months confirming that this decision was based on the requests of Al Anbar’s council, official entities, political blocs, parties and the provinces’ dignitaries. The government as well as the General Command of Armed Forces took into consideration the inadequate current circumstances.
http://www.alsumaria.tv/news/73258/iraq-anbar-candidates-file-lawsuit-to-challenge-el/en