PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi Government forms committee to set value of the Iraqi dinar

dejavu
06-12-2013, 12:05 PM
The Iraqi Government announced on Monday, 10 June, the formation of a Joint Committee of the ministries of finance, planning and the Central Bank to adjust the value of the Iraqi dinar against foreign currencies and prevent slumping.

He said the Economic Adviser to the Government of Iraq Salam Al-Quraishi, the Committee will develop several regulations aimed at keeping the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar in the acceptable level and prevent the decline in its value.

Al-Quraishi said that it will support the global value of gold and prevent manipulation by traders and banks foreign currency exchange rate of the dollar and the euro.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http://al-shorfa.com/ar/articles/meii/newsbriefs/2013/06/10/newsbrief-09

not sure where to post or even if this may already posted.....this forum changed? anyhoo, what's the opinions on this one?

IRAQISTEVE1
06-12-2013, 02:05 PM
The PIP movement will adjust enough so that instead of getting a dozen doughnuts for a half a million Dinars, they will now make it a "bakers dozen".. (13)

calstar
06-12-2013, 03:05 PM
The PIP movement will adjust enough so that instead of getting a dozen doughnuts for a half a million Dinars, they will now make it a "bakers dozen".. (13)

Or a half of box of chocolates Steve. lol

Screaming Eagle
06-12-2013, 03:23 PM
One might want to read Hu Mi's post; Financial: gradual rise of the dinar against the dollar in the coming days

The dinar market value has devalued to 1300 dinar to $1 or 130,000 to $100. They are trying stabilize it at 1200 dinar to $1 or 120,000 dinar to $100. The CBI official rate is 1168. The CBI selling rate is 1170.The increase would be .006 cents. Doubt that would get you a bakers dozen donuts or even 1 chocolate.

Dinarpartyof6
06-13-2013, 05:49 AM
I'd take it over a poke in the eye...

TheZeppyWanderer
06-13-2013, 11:15 PM
Setting up a committee merely to set the rate back at our old pal 1170 (or thereabouts) ?

Okay, whatever.

This procedure is the kind of thing any junior civil servant could do with a touch of a button, (no committee required, no time needed, and no great expense incurred) .......... oh sorry, I forget this is Iraq.

Silly me.

baz
06-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Cant understand why it's taking so long, after all i dumped mine last year..... and i expected the R/V 30 minutes after that.

TheZeppyWanderer
06-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Cant understand why it's taking so long, after all i dumped mine last year..... and i expected the R/V 30 minutes after that.

I know exactly where you're coming from !

I have regularly sold little bits and bobs (on ebay, where else !) to try and tempt fate in that same direction.

baz
06-14-2013, 04:37 PM
I know exactly where you're coming from !

I have regularly sold little bits and bobs (on ebay, where else !) to try and tempt fate in that same direction.

Yeah, only works this way when you buy....then the frigging stuff drops like a paratrooper who forgot to put the sack on his back.