PDA

View Full Version : Awaken IIF Members IS THIS RV EVE???

Dinar Index
06-26-2013, 12:48 PM
WHY IS THE FORUM NOT EXCITED????
Iraq looks set to come out of Chapter VII tomorrow!!!!! Not me saying it ,or some rumour, or guru, this is UN public statements, official political articles released in the public domain.
This is MASSIVE! The sanctions will be lifted, Iraq will be open to trade with the World, Investors from all over the World will pile into Iraq like a dame bursting!
IMO Perfect time to do a currency adjustment in tune with the sanctions being lifted???
What is this going to mean for ISXers??? I for one am very excited about my ISX portfolio....

I was expecting the forums Big Guns to appear with excitement at the coming prospects, surely they have not all sold up??? is there only a few of us left standing????
DollarSign, Uno, The Rock, Adster, Diamondback, etc etc and many other ole timers, if your still visiting the forums please share your thoughts on the effects of lifting Chap VII

shinerguy
06-26-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm looking for one of my T-shirts from the last few RV's, this might take awhile!

joanc1963
06-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Still here...
...still hoping :-)

mike032588
06-26-2013, 01:08 PM
you forgot me!!! im the young rock star

joanc1963
06-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Maybe you WERE once , back in 2006!
It's been a long wait. And I'm not holding my breath...yet.

PennStateMtnMan
06-26-2013, 02:05 PM
All I know is that I want to help the economy by spending my money and quitting my job so another person that doesn't have one can fill it.

dollarsign
06-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Hi Dinar Index. I recently posted some info. On the CBI iraqi dinar rates. Forum titled IMF Article IV Consultation and Article VIII refrence. The IMF completed this in mid May, and this is where they laid out the groundwork for what the CBI will do soon. Check it out, you'll really be happy.

dinaros
06-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Just got a notice this morning from Adam Montana with this news. Last effort to peddle his Dinarvet stuff. I haven't been on the forum for quite some time, been a member since 2006. I think this may be the best news that's been announced yet. Maybe some of the old timers will be back, where's Shotgun Suzie,. not that I care.

PennStateMtnMan
06-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Just got a notice this morning from Adam Montana with this news. Last effort to peddle his Dinarvet stuff. I haven't been on the forum for quite some time, been a member since 2006. I think this may be the best news that's been announced yet. Maybe some of the old timers will be back, where's Shotgun Suzie,. not that I care.

I think you will find a lot of the old timers coming back, but there will be less than you think. There were a lot of people with multiple screen names in the past.

Dinar_OS
06-26-2013, 02:47 PM
What would a perfect storm look like?

Lower Gold: ✓
Lower Silver: ✓
A strong Dinar:

One more check mark would make it perfect.

pvpeacock
06-26-2013, 03:55 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. I've been tempted to sell my dinars many times, but thought, what the heck, might as well hang on a little longer. I don't need the money and interest rates are too low to earn any real money investing elsewhere. I also feared that an RV would happen the day AFTER I sold all my dinar. Let's hope the lifting of Chapter VII finally gets the ball rolling on an increase in the value of the dinar. I won't hold my breath though.

madamowicz
06-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Been a long time holder of a lot of dinar. Had no choice but to sell off 90% of what I had a few years back. I kept enough to keep me happy IF an RV happens. Still, I don't see the BIG RV happening for one simple reason. . . there are too many dinar in circulation to handle a big RV. IMO, and ONLY my opinion, I think if anything occurs, they will lop 3 zeroes off of the dinar, not the rate, introduce the currency to the world and you may see a slight uptick in value. I hope I am wrong, but with trillions in circulation, it makes no sense that a $1/1 dianr revalue will happen without a lop of zeroes from the notes.

Just my 2 cents and not being a naysayer.

rozwell
06-26-2013, 05:16 PM
scenario A: exit chapter 7.currency goes active at same rate as today but is allowed to float,that means more waiting,
scenario B: exit chapter 7.currency active value 10 cents.no float.(more likely)they want stability remember.
scenario C exit chapter 7 .active rate same as today.no float.(doomsday scenario)

RoyalBeluga
06-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Is there a scenario D at all? :confused:

rozwell
06-26-2013, 05:31 PM
I dont know RB, but Im guessing D,E,F and G could be lurking out there.

rozwell
06-26-2013, 05:41 PM
scenario D: exit chapter 7.same value as today and currency to be exchanged for new currency in country only.(all variations on this fall into the F-U sub-catagory)

rozwell
06-26-2013, 05:53 PM
Scenario E:Exit chapter 7.dinar goes active at par with dollar and lops zeros.(more complicated than dividing by 10, not necessary,bad optics)all lop scenarios are weak and ill founded... SAYS ME!!!

dollarsign
06-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Article IV consultation, and VIII refrence
The IMF recently completed Article IV consultations with Iraq,and I found this to be a good read. Didn't post a link because it's on the IMF site. (easy to look up)

From the Article IV Consultation,

Directors supported the objective of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) to liberalize the foreign exchange market and the recent steps to simplify market regulations. Further measures are needed to liberalize fully the supply of foreign currency, with the objective of lowering the exchange rate spread, removing distortions, and complying with Article VIII of the Fund’s Articles of Agreement.

From section 3 of the above mentioned Article VIII

Section 3. Avoidance of discriminatory currency practices

No member shall engage in, or permit any of its fiscal agencies referred to in Article V, Section 1 to engage in, any discriminatory currency arrangements or multiple currency practices, whether within or outside margins under Article IV or prescribed by or under Schedule C, except as authorized under this Agreement or approved by the Fund. If such arrangements and practices are engaged in at the date when this Agreement enters into force, the member concerned shall consult with the Fund as to their progressive removal unless they are maintained or imposed under Article XIV, Section 2, in which case the provisions of Section 3 of that Article shall apply.

$

Dinar Index
06-26-2013, 07:41 PM
Dollar Sign - You got me!!!
any discriminatory currency arrangements or multiple currency practices

What does this mean in Layman's terms is this remove peg or program rate???

lglwzrd
06-26-2013, 07:50 PM
well, just because they are removed from ch 7 doesnt mean a rv of their currency. they can do business with it being right where it is. also, there is too much dinar floating loose to make it 1:1.

dollarsign
06-26-2013, 08:10 PM
The Dollar peg will stay IMO, and given the evidence presented in the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction reports to Congress,it looks really good. As for the deciphering the IMF verbage,we'll see soon enough. What we do know is that no large Persian Gulf exporter, that adheres to international laws/principles has an exchange rate as distorted from the dollar as Iraq does now.

$

mike032588
06-26-2013, 09:54 PM
All i'm waiting for is Warka....

calstar
06-26-2013, 11:13 PM
Ready to fly to New York,New York.....:rolleyes:

Dinarpartyof6
06-28-2013, 04:06 AM
Hey Old Timers! Good to see Ya'll.

I personally planned on a .01 rv (if it should happen) and will be pretty happy with that if it happens. Anything else is gravy...

BatmaninIraq
06-28-2013, 05:25 AM
possible RV 1 IQD:1 USD LOL...

dinar shore
06-28-2013, 05:28 AM
Good to see you posting dollarsign! I have always regarded you as one of the best and most fact-based contributors on this forum. I hope you're correct.

The Dollar peg will stay IMO, and given the evidence presented in the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction reports to Congress,it looks really good. As for the deciphering the IMF verbage,we'll see soon enough. What we do know is that no large Persian Gulf exporter, that adheres to international laws/principles has an exchange rate as distorted from the dollar as Iraq does now.

$

dollarsign
06-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Hi Dinar Shore!
Glad to see you still hanging in. Thanks for your comments, and know that we're going to be OK.

$

StopGriping
06-29-2013, 04:29 AM
I think you will find a lot of the old timers coming back, but there will be less than you think. There were a lot of people with multiple screen names in the past.

We are still floating around, or at least those of us who saw the dinar as an investment nit a get rich quick scheme. Good to see some of you old timers.

J007m
06-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Good time to dump afew Dinar on ebay. You may get a dollar or two more than last week!

40plus
06-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Still here. Would have minimized my exposure had it not been tied up at Warka...maybe for the best???

dinar_dude
06-29-2013, 10:02 PM
well, just because they are removed from ch 7 doesnt mean a rv of their currency. they can do business with it being right where it is. also, there is too much dinar floating loose to make it 1:1.

yes, but what about a revaluation to 10 or 30 cents? That would be significant. The Iraqi dinar will almost certainly never equal the dollar.

dollarsign
07-20-2013, 12:26 AM
New and more detailed information on the IMF Article IV Consultations with Iraq on the IMF home page. I'm still pouring over it.

$

millionairetobe71
08-04-2013, 04:44 AM
Maybe some of the old timers will be back, where's Shotgun Suzie,. not that I care.

Are you summoning the Devil ???? Are you forgetting the headaches, heartbreaks and tribulations that we went trough with that infernal born offspring?? .... She will easily steer me to become alcoholic....

Anyways....Well.....see that we have some very old timers here..... is like a big class reunion.... altough we are several years older that the last time we got all falsely excited about an RV...(thanks to SS)..

MTB71

explorerhot
08-05-2013, 09:09 AM
where's Shotgun Suzie,. not that I care.

Her and Larry Nicole's are out fishing in Alaska

ETA
02-07-2014, 11:46 PM
Anyone know where diamondback is or happened to him ,d

geerty
02-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Also missing Adster I think so many are sick of wasting their time on this damn thing. its been 9 years for me. I need to get a life

Voyeur
02-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Adster gave a fond farewell a few years back. I think he still check the site once in a while though.

IMMensaMind
02-13-2014, 08:20 PM
Adster gave a fond farewell a few years back. I think he still check the site once in a while though.

It's been a long time for me since I've checked in here. Did I miss anything? I see my IQD is still worth about the same as it was then...

geerty
02-13-2014, 09:10 PM
IMMensaMind, Where in WI do you live. Im from Kaukauna

IMMensaMind
02-13-2014, 10:51 PM
IMMensaMind, Where in WI do you live. Im from Kaukauna

Far western suburb of Milwaukee.

triumphantcorp
02-15-2014, 11:30 PM
Anyone know where diamondback is or happened to him ,d

Hey, I miss the "Crow".

Triumphantcorp

geerty
02-16-2014, 01:22 AM
I hate to say this but, it has been 10 years now for this damn thing some of these people could have passed away.

millionairetobe71
02-23-2014, 04:41 AM
I hate to say this but, it has been 10 years now for this damn thing some of these people could have passed away.

Dude....duuuuuudeeee.... Cheer to the fact that you are one of the few to be still alive after you been waiting for so long .....

So, this is my prognosis....

Is going to take about 10 more years.....

If you can't wait that long.... I offer to buy your dinars.... I will give you the best deal..... $ .10 cents on the dollar for your dinars...... that way.... you don't have to wait too long and you will not have to worry about losing money....

Do we have a deal ??

MTB71