PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawing Funds From Warka

Pistol
07-08-2013, 01:12 AM
Has anyone worked out how to withdraw funds from their warka accounts ie transfer funds to an account outside Iraq. At some stage there will be an RV and it will be necessary to make a transfer. I know this has been an obstacle in the past but maybe someone has an update.

Cheers

-Pistol

calstar
07-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Wire Transfer

English Bob
07-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Wire Transfer

Are you serious??

You know we cannot get our money out ...............but if you have a way.............spill the beans!! LOL

EB

calstar
07-08-2013, 05:00 PM
LOL, we can fly into the BIAP and take a cab to the bank.:rolleyes:

Pistol
07-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Good luck with that solution calstar....but if you like to keep your head on top of your shoulders, I'd advise against that one.

English Bob
07-10-2013, 09:14 AM
LOL, we can fly into the BIAP and take a cab to the bank.:rolleyes:

I think you have been spending to much time with that girl from travelex!!! (not sure the name is right) LOL

EB

calstar
07-10-2013, 11:08 PM
I think you have been spending to much time with that girl from travelex!!! (not sure the name is right) LOL

EB

Hey thats Steves Girl LOL

Mo Dinar
07-11-2013, 03:05 AM
Hey, If we are guaranteed to get a withdrawal when we get there... I'll go!

Pistol
07-11-2013, 04:51 AM
Hey, If we are guaranteed to get a withdrawal when we get there... I'll go!

I'm sure this is a concern for a lot of people but with the passing of Ch VII, this may allow Warka to change the current situation to one where we will be able to transfer funds directly to another account of our choosing. That's the true essence of internet banking. Fingers crossed!

Will-it-happen?
07-11-2013, 10:27 AM
it is possible to transfer out share holdings

HumbleGenius
07-11-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm sure this is a concern for a lot of people but with the passing of Ch VII, this may allow Warka to change the current situation to one where we will be able to transfer funds directly to another account of our choosing. That's the true essence of internet banking. Fingers crossed!

If they dont have the funds to transfer exactly how will this occur? Dont confuse a number posted to your account balance online and thinking there are actually funds behind it.

McClintock
07-11-2013, 12:23 PM
At this point I am dealing with the realization that the money I have in my Warka bank account and Warka stock may be gone forever. It is difficult not to rationalize, deny, and hold out hope. That is why I still check in here. I look at it this way. If your investment has zero liquidity it is worth nothing. And imagine the run on withdrawals at Warka if they ever do allow transfers again.

My uncle reccomended dinars to me back in 2005. The only thing I have ever received out of this investment is the opportunity to berate him about it when I see him.

dinar_dude
07-13-2013, 11:11 AM
how do you transfer out share holdings?

stevie
07-13-2013, 12:40 PM
how do you transfer out share holdings?

You have to open an account with another broker, fund it and request the shares be transferred from Warka. This was the response I got from Aljazera, but unfortunately, the minimum to open the acct. is $10,000. They will not touch your Warka shares.

Patton
07-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Awe a man on this forum with some good ole common sense.

Dinar_OS
07-17-2013, 12:30 PM
I have no such account but do have a question.

If you have a USD and IQD account in bank would it benefit one to buy IQD at this time?

dinar_dude
07-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Thanks. Do you have a website for Al-Jazeera?
Most of my shares are in my good name, but I need a contingency plan.

You have to open an account with another broker, fund it and request the shares be transferred from Warka. This was the response I got from Aljazera, but unfortunately, the minimum to open the acct. is $10,000. They will not touch your Warka shares.

08-15-2013, 09:13 PM
There IS some light at the end of the tunnel for Warka investors. I received this from Mr. Issa recently: Dear Sir,

Once the entire legal procedures have been finalized funds can be wired accordingly where currently the bank is still under CBI custodianship and a firm notice will be updated on our site.

Best regards,

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

Pistol
08-16-2013, 02:10 AM
There IS some light at the end of the tunnel for Warka investors. I received this from Mr. Issa recently: Dear Sir,

Once the entire legal procedures have been finalized funds can be wired accordingly where currently the bank is still under CBI custodianship and a firm notice will be updated on our site.

Best regards,

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

Very promising news...thanks for sharing 123456789.

tipawin
08-16-2013, 02:21 AM
Everybody should just hang on a little bit longer

the warka family have been around for 100 years

just stick with them and the rewards will come

i am not concerned at all

best regards to all.

ChinaGirl
08-16-2013, 12:43 PM
With all due respect - that's been a "stock" / "canned" answer to almost every concern over the last few years - just the wording was changed, insert "technical problem" "updating website" "reviewing relationship with MasterCard" "Temporarily not trading" etc. etc. for "CBI custodianship" and you basically have the same email spun to whatever suits your fancy - sorry for being so blunt - and I truly wish us all - "All the Best" - but I believe the writing is on the wall, and it's about to fall.

Fishindinar
08-19-2013, 05:19 PM
It would be nice if you could write something more informative, instead of being negative Nancy or Captain obvious.

ChinaGirl
08-19-2013, 05:52 PM
It would be nice if you could write something more informative, instead of being negative Nancy or Captain obvious.
How about "Captain Nancy" ? All ashore that's going ashore.