PDA

View Full Version : Warka Shuttered ? (6 months or less)

ChinaGirl
08-18-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm calling it. Warka gone ... 6 months or less (Feb. 2014) - Bunnia (spelling) and crew are long gone with any actual cash and transportable assets. All that is left is bricks and mortar really, well ok, maybe some rogue employees helping the CBI clean up Bunnia's toilet paper trail ... Only 8% of Iraqi citizens held bank accounts (you know that has dropped now, and their hunches have all been confirmed) - The government pulled out any cash long ago (we all remember that uproar) - so who's left? you and me my friend, and we're all scrambling to move assets to the ISX via share purchases (into our good name and out of Warka's) if able, or, we have our fingers hovering over the "wire out" button, when and if that time ever comes (highly unlikely since the CBI is going to have to cover for Bunnia's midnight dash - and they have no legal obligation to do so - oh, but it would give the banking sector such a bad reputation, really? you're still hanging on to that notion? Things have gotten so bad HSBC (A Bank) wants out) So.. where does that leave us ? A/ Write it off (hit the lights when you leave please) B/ if you had more than 10K, or thereabouts, invested (can I use that term?) in Warka/ISX and you are able to move your shares to another broker, you can spend another 10K to complete the transaction - then, wire your cash home (Another 10K Roll of the Dice - do you dare?) or... "A" has not quite become reality yet and you're in the "C" column - Bunnia will return with all of the missing money and /or the CBI will cover any deposit shortfalls, plus, Warka's stocks will resume trading shortly and all foreign investors will leave their deposits in Warka because ......(drumroll please) the reinstated Debit Card and Master Card I have will give me access to my funds anyway (much needed when I get in line at the ABC Party Store in Waikiki). I'm in the "A" column - I'll get the lights - oh, be a dear and pull the plug on the photo-copier please, I've heard fires can start that way - just ask the CBI. "Say Good Night, Gracie"

Dinarpartyof6
08-19-2013, 02:56 AM
And you are here, Why?

dinar_dude
08-19-2013, 11:33 AM
If ya can't take the heat, get outta the kitchen.

ChinaGirl
08-19-2013, 11:49 AM
And you are here, Why? - I'll put you (both) down for Column "C" - cards should be up and running shortly.

shinerguy
08-19-2013, 01:40 PM
I think she is here to tell us what we already know. Since we don't talk that much about the "bad" stuff, ChinaGirl is here to remind us. Everyone has their calling, this is hers. Might as well put me on that list too sweetie!

After thinking more about this and since my money is gone, the only reason I'm here is to wailer in misery for my lost money. So that's why I'm here. Why are you here?

ChinaGirl
08-19-2013, 06:02 PM
I think she is here to tell us what we already know. Since we don't talk that much about the "bad" stuff, ChinaGirl is here to remind us. Everyone has their calling, this is hers. Might as well put me on that list too sweetie!

After thinking more about this and since my money is gone, the only reason I'm here is to wailer in misery for my lost money. So that's why I'm here. Why are you here?
Sounds reasonable... I came on board to mingle/sum up/vent for a short while - and... to try and determine if the ISX trading number I was issued (and used) from Warka a while back is even valid (or fabricated?) ...anyway, no one here seems to have a method for confirming either way so I'll just move along. I guess in the end Cash (in hand) was King - who would've thought that? Going to wait a while longer then dump what IQD I have left on Ebay ... chow chow chow for now.

shinerguy
08-19-2013, 07:44 PM
You know I was kidding when I said "wailer in misery for my lost money". Homey don't do that, the money was gone the moment it left my hand. However every once in a while there is something that happens that makes me come back for another look. One time was in January when my password was reactivated (why even respond to the emails if they are going out of business) and the other was in June when they issued interest to the account (why even go to the trouble of making believe they still exist). Doesn't have the same context as we would see in "going out of business" here in the states. Heck I bet it's no different in the UK.

JMHO cheers

ChinaGirl
08-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Yes... who knows? could be one guy playing with a keyboard - updating / emailing just to keep the party going - lets face it some/most here seem to be happy with that process even though you cannot access funds etc. (ok.. maybe not happy but they have learned to live with it) - shutting down a party all at once can cause some serious backlash (I've been to a few house burners during college days etc.) ... you do it slowly and the masses leave single file with little flare up - maybe a scuffle or two on the curb but the "fade out" is the better way to go - we all have our take on this situation - this is how I see it - the "Warka Fade" - and it seems to be working quite well - I even dare say it will be text book one day - genius really. Some here are watching 50K plus fade into the hot desert sun with merely a whimper and you can thank the "Warka Fade" for that. My money is gone - no big deal really (a few thousand from a cancelled trip years ago) - I'm just observing at this point and I am astounded and captivated at how well they are pulling this off - anyway... carry on.

shinerguy
08-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Do you think the CBI and the IMF are aware of this? It would be easy to pull the wool over my eyes because I'm not in banking, how some ever (I know) it seems that they would be overseeing all of the banks.

Wait for it ................... Why would they let Warka "Fade away" without completely shutting it down. They are there for the people not Warka it's a stretch to think they could give out bogus ISX numbers as well.

dinar_dude
08-19-2013, 11:08 PM
You answered your own question. I'm here to "answer my calling". If I've invested money that I'm ok on losing, then losing it in Iraq will happen.

If you want to use this forum as a pulpit to continue to cry about losing your money, then I guess you'll continue to do so. If you decide to keep wallowing in your misery, then you will. There's nothing anyone can do for you.

If you want to spend the $10k, call Al-Jazeer and have then transfer your shares to their firm. If not, I guess we'll just have to put up with your crying (which is boring).

If you decide to not cry, sack up and understand that this is a long process! There are a lot of people on this forum who understand this and have been talking about it for years. My god, do some reading and understand that this is on easy investment.

ChinaGirl
08-19-2013, 11:19 PM
You answered your own question. I'm here to "answer my calling". If I've invested money that I'm ok on losing, then losing it in Iraq will happen.

If you want to use this forum as a pulpit to continue to cry about losing your money, then I guess you'll continue to do so. If you decide to keep wallowing in your misery, then you will. There's nothing anyone can do for you.

If you want to spend the $10k, call Al-Jazeer and have then transfer your shares to their firm. If not, I guess we'll just have to put up with your crying (which is boring).

If you decide to not cry, sack up and understand that this is a long process! There are a lot of people on this forum who understand this and have been talking about it for years. My god, do some reading and understand that this is on easy investment.

I think you've taken our comments out of context ... no whining here.. just some joking and poking about (a jab here a jab there - all harmless banter) What's done is done, people are posting comments - no need to trash them because you're uncomfortable with the content - ironically, you seem to be doing the most complaining and whining here - You did make me laugh though "no easy investment" - if you classify any of this as an investment you are the one that needs to be doing the research - it's a gamble, nothing more than a huge gamble, and I knew that from day one.

ChinaGirl
08-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Do you think the CBI and the IMF are aware of this? It would be easy to pull the wool over my eyes because I'm not in banking, how some ever (I know) it seems that they would be overseeing all of the banks.

Wait for it ................... Why would they let Warka "Fade away" without completely shutting it down. They are there for the people not Warka it's a stretch to think they could give out bogus ISX numbers as well.

Well, I'll play devil's advocate here - who says they (the CBI) are even monitoring the website or it's content - and quite frankly, if I have server codes etc. I could run the site and software from anywhere on the planet - Warka proper and it's funds are under custodianship - I think the CBI could give a flying rats arse as to what anyone is doing with a useless website - remember, all the "money out" features have been disabled - only internal features work - (even the ISX tracker is gone now - did the ISX insist they pull it down because they want no affiliation to Warka ?) - I'm still seeing people on other sites ask how to wire money into Warka (believe it or not) - so why not keep the site up and running to funnel in any additional fools gold that may trickle in? So, to answer your question, you maintain the site to defer an all out riot (the aforementioned "fade effect"), as well, to channel any additional money into your "giant desert black hole" - what goes in never comes out.

ChinaGirl
08-20-2013, 01:59 AM

Wait for it ................... Why would they let Warka "Fade away" without completely shutting it down. They are there for the people not Warka it's a stretch to think they could give out bogus ISX numbers as well. Here is an example of what is actually going on at an individual branch - I assume all branches are similar - this came off "Facebook" I copied and pasted here: - Iraq's Warka Bank Victims :My sister, now in Kurdistan (Iraq), visited Warkas branch in Sulaymani, there was only on man there minding the shop. That man told her that they are working on cleaning their records getting ready to be out of receivership of ICB. He also said that once that happen the bank will open but he couldn't say if there will be money for us. So when some of us have notices that the website is back on (I know nothing about that) and balances are showing, it may be the result of what this man is talking about. Warka may boost its presence outside of Iraq because they claim that their reputation is intact there, they think. - So read into it what you so desire ... this post was at the end of July 2013 ... is this the same guy running our website?? - who knows ???

tipawin
08-20-2013, 07:13 AM
why are you here ????????

what is your purpose?????????

BatmaninIraq
08-20-2013, 09:03 AM

To convince us that AL WARKA had no chance at all lol.....

ChinaGirl
08-20-2013, 12:03 PM

Polly want a cracker? I've answered that question more than once... and really, what does it matter ? - I didn't know you had to meet certain criteria (state your cause) to post on IIF - are you the Sherriff or the Deputy Dawg here?

thebest
08-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Yes... who knows? could be one guy playing with a keyboard - updating / emailing just to keep the party going - lets face it some/most here seem to be happy with that process even though you cannot access funds etc. (ok.. maybe not happy but they have learned to live with it) - shutting down a party all at once can cause some serious backlash (I've been to a few house burners during college days etc.) ... you do it slowly and the masses leave single file with little flare up - maybe a scuffle or two on the curb but the "fade out" is the better way to go - we all have our take on this situation - this is how I see it - the "Warka Fade" - and it seems to be working quite well - I even dare say it will be text book one day - genius really. Some here are watching 50K plus fade into the hot desert sun with merely a whimper and you can thank the "Warka Fade" for that. My money is gone - no big deal really (a few thousand from a cancelled trip years ago) - I'm just observing at this point and I am astounded and captivated at how well they are pulling this off - anyway... carry on.

What you mean ISX Junkie using Aljazera, sorry ChinaGirl is that everything we have done in WARKA is a big lie that we have no way to check. That there is a sinister person with a keyboard, makes us believe in WARKA. We go with another broker, as Al Jazeera, I guess. We can move to Al Jazeera with confidence that there is no sinister person that moves with different names in all forums to insist that we go to Al Jazeera, which does not speak well of Al Jazeera, speaking ill of WARKA only.

We can understand that because you have that broker, you could guide us without having to badmouth warka only. You can ensure that the sinister person with a keyboard is not with Al Jazeera?

ISX Junkie using Aljazera
08-20-2013, 05:15 PM
What you mean ISX Junkie using Aljazera, sorry ChinaGirl is that everything we have done in WARKA is a big lie that we have no way to check. That there is a sinister person with a keyboard, makes us believe in WARKA. We go with another broker, as Al Jazeera, I guess. We can move to Al Jazeera with confidence that there is no sinister person that moves with different names in all forums to insist that we go to Al Jazeera, which does not speak well of Al Jazeera, speaking ill of WARKA only.

We can understand that because you have that broker, you could guide us without having to badmouth warka only. You can ensure that the sinister person with a keyboard is not with Al Jazeera?

No sorry I am not from China and I am not a girl.

ChinaGirl
08-20-2013, 05:32 PM

With all due respect - anyone with funds held in Warka, which they cannot access, has every right here to question their methods (or lack thereof) as well as condemn them for their behavior - if you view it as 'badmouthing" then so be it. I have no affiliation to any other broker - I am looking for one to confirm that my ISX Trading Number (issued by Warka) is valid - I may or may not move my portfolio to another broker, it depends on the answer I get back from the ISX (or a representative) - That is the only extent that I have gone to regarding approaching any other broker. I will not suggest one over the other - shop around for yourself and decide which one best serves your needs.

40plus
08-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Polly want a cracker? I've answered that question more than once... and really, what does it matter ? - I didn't know you had to meet certain criteria (state your cause) to post on IIF - are you the Sherriff or the Deputy Dawg here?

What I'm seeing is that you are bitter about your own choices in the past regarding Warka..and want to heap your misery on others. My opinion...you've stated your position, now grow up & quit crying..take your lumps if that is what you insist on focusing on, but stop trying to drag others into your weak way of dealing with life.

Before you bash about whether I am qualified to speak on this issue...I've got over 9 figures of dinar CDs at Warka & about 5,000,000 shares of assorted bank stocks in proxy & my name. At the time, I felt it was the best move for my Iraq portfolio....and no, I am not wealthy. The past 6 years of economic collapse in USA has left me with only my Warka positions. If I loose, I loose & keep moving on with my life. If I win, I smile & enjoy the fruits of my risk taking. Beeeching & moaning, regardless of your stellar composition skills will never lead to happiness.

GET OVER IT!!!!!

ChinaGirl
08-20-2013, 05:41 PM
What I'm seeing is that you are bitter about your own choices in the past regarding Warka..and want to heap your misery on others. My opinion...you've stated your position, now grow up & quit crying..take your lumps if that is what you insist on focusing on, but stop trying to drag others into your weak way of dealing with life.

Before you bash about whether I am qualified to speak on this issue...I've got over 9 figures of dinar CDs at Warka & about 5,000,000 shares of assorted bank stocks in proxy & my name. At the time, I felt it was the best move for my Iraq portfolio....and no, I am not wealthy. The past 6 years of economic collapse in USA has left me with only my Warka positions. If I loose, I loose & keep moving on with my life. If I win, I smile & enjoy the fruits of my risk taking. Beeeching & moaning, regardless of your stellar composition skills will never lead to happiness.

GET OVER IT!!!!!
Bummer.. sorry about your luck and your "severe" bitterness ... although, I don't think luck had much to do with it ... intelligence may have been a large factor ? (or lack thereof) But who am I to judge? Also, I am truly quite happy with my portfolio as most of it's still in my hands.

shinerguy
08-20-2013, 05:52 PM
"and really, what does it matter ?" Are you really Hillary cause that would make a big difference. I would definitely have to UN-like you if that true!!

ChinaGirl
08-20-2013, 06:00 PM
"and really, what does it matter ?" Are you really Hillary cause that would make a big difference. I would definitely have to UN-like you if that true!!
Ha Ha .. you mean as in "Clinton" ? - No ... but I do know if she had anything tucked away in Warka we'd all be getting jiggy with it right about now. Should we send her an APB? We need a BadAss right about now - does she qualify?

40plus
08-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Bummer.. sorry about your luck and your "severe" bitterness ... although, I don't think luck had much to do with it ... intelligence may have been a large factor ? (or lack thereof) But who am I to judge? Also, I am truly quite happy with my portfolio as most of it's still in my hands.

Apparently, you did not read my post correctly. I am not at all bitter. I am quite pleased actually. I still believe Warka may surprise us & return strong & financially sound. BUT....if not, I am ok with it. I first bought dinar in 2004, so I have been here for a while and learned much. Over the years, many things have changed in my life as I'm sure it has with others here. Regardless of massive losses economically, I am very happy with where I am today, on my 2.5 acres (paid for) & getting more self sufficient each day. I don't need a lot of money to survive or be happy.

If I loose with Iraq...oh well..I will keep on keeping on..BUT UNLIKE YOU, I WILL NOT COMPLAIN, NOR WILL I TRY DRAGGING OTHERS INTO ANY NEGATIVE & MISERABLE COMMUNICATIONS! When posting, I now prefer to inspire others to simply be patient and continue building their lives, rather than focus on the negative..particularly when there is not much that can be done about it.

Move your money out of Warka, if you fell it is best. I don't want to buy anymore stocks just to get my $$ out of Warka (that would be a lot of stocks). I will stay where I am & take my chances, BUT WITHOUT COMPLAINING!!

ChinaGirl
08-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Apparently, you did not read my post correctly. I am not at all bitter. I am quite pleased actually. I still believe Warka may surprise us & return strong & financially sound. BUT....if not, I am ok with it. I first bought dinar in 2004, so I have been here for a while and learned much. Over the years, many things have changed in my life as I'm sure it has with others here. Regardless of massive losses economically, I am very happy with where I am today, on my 2.5 acres (paid for) & getting more self sufficient each day. I don't need a lot of money to survive or be happy.

If I loose with Iraq...oh well..I will keep on keeping on..BUT UNLIKE YOU, I WILL NOT COMPLAIN, NOR WILL I TRY DRAGGING OTHERS INTO ANY NEGATIVE & MISERABLE COMMUNICATIONS! When posting, I now prefer to inspire others to simply be patient and continue building their lives, rather than focus on the negative..particularly when there is not much that can be done about it.

Move your money out of Warka, if you fell it is best. I don't want to buy anymore stocks just to get my $$ out of Warka (that would be a lot of stocks). I will stay where I am & take my chances, BUT WITHOUT COMPLAINING!!Sounds like we've misinterpreted each other and we're both quite happy then - lets leave it at that. Just so there's no hard feelings I have penciled you in to column C/ ... we'll catch up in February 2014.

C/ Bunnia will return with all of the missing money and /or the CBI will cover any deposit shortfalls, plus, Warka's stocks will resume trading shortly and all foreign investors will leave their deposits in Warka because ......(drumroll please) the reinstated Debit Card and Master Card I have will give me access to my funds anyway (much needed when I get in line at the ABC Party Store in Waikiki).

rfcr
08-28-2013, 11:40 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Warka is dead. I knew it was a risk with I first got in.....So oh well.

thebest
08-28-2013, 01:49 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Warka is dead. I knew it was a risk with I first got in.....So oh well.

Dear Warka Clients,

Please find attached the Central Bank of Iraq board of directors decision to lift and cancel the custodian committee on Warka Bank for Investment and Finance.

This decision comes in accordance with the decision issued by the court appeal in favor of Warka Bank for Investment and Finance.

Best regards

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

http://www.warka-bank.com/?0d64a1934dcafd4bf6a2bafeb2

http://www.warka-bank.com/newsFls/news1377692376.pdf

English Bob
08-29-2013, 09:19 AM
Dear Warka Clients,

Please find attached the Central Bank of Iraq board of directors decision to lift and cancel the custodian committee on Warka Bank for Investment and Finance.

This decision comes in accordance with the decision issued by the court appeal in favor of Warka Bank for Investment and Finance.

Best regards

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

http://www.warka-bank.com/?0d64a1934dcafd4bf6a2bafeb2

http://www.warka-bank.com/newsFls/news1377692376.pdf

Many thanks thebest

So when can we get our money??

Anyone translate the PDF??

EB

thebest
08-30-2013, 01:42 AM
Many thanks thebest

So when can we get our money??