PDA

View Full Version : The Central Bank of Iraq undo delete zeros and issuing a new currency

Hue Mi
12-08-2013, 08:32 PM
The Central Bank of Iraq undo delete zeros and issuing a new currency (http://www.burathanews.com/news_article_221370.html)

Ali Salman-08/12/2013-11: 12 am | Hits: 101

The Central Bank of Iraq, confirmed Saturday, was unable to delete the zeros Iraqi currency, or add new banknotes, for fear of confusion.

An informed source said in the Central Bank, for the world newspaper "Al baghdadia, that" the head of the Central Bank, after consulting with officials and advisers of the Bank decided to postpone any new Iraqi currency, including the addition of new categories of paper or delete zeros."

The source said, "this issue has been raised at a meeting of the Council of Ministers during which hosted by Central Bank Chief spoke about the obstacles that can affect the levels of the Iraqi market and economy in General, as the Iraqi experience is similar to the experience of other countries."

He said, "the Central Bank unable to control the foreign currency flowing to Iraq and some of them may be false, that Iraq has become an open market and funds are transferred through exchange offices, money orders, and by persons travelling to and from Iraq."

HumbleGenius
12-08-2013, 11:47 PM
He said, "the Central Bank unable to control the foreign currency flowing to Iraq and some of them may be false, that Iraq has become an open market and funds are transferred through exchange offices, money orders, and by persons travelling to and from Iraq."

The above quote says it all. Basically still where they were 10 Years ago.

40plus
12-10-2013, 01:42 AM
I never dreamed a people could be so corrupt and negligent as to the welfare of their own country.

I know a lot is happening in Iraq, but I feel much, much more could have been accomplished if there was more virtue & integrity within the Iraqi leadership. Had I better understood this, I may not have participated in this. Still, it seems to be like some here posted it would be, slow, confusing and to what end?