PDA

View Full Version : Proxy shares

What If....
12-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Does anyone know the status of shares held in prosy? I've emailed the ISX department as well as ifrdl and haven't recieved a response from either.

ChinaGirl
12-13-2013, 11:15 PM
Does anyone know the status of shares held in prosy? I've emailed the ISX department as well as ifrdl and haven't recieved a response from either.

Supplies !!! yes ... to the best of my knowledge (and several others here) they are considered a Warka asset - seized with everything else we presume ... looks like good news is coming ... Supplies !!! #2 .... all sources saying CBI Bad ...Warka Good ... waiting for CBI to cut a check and put all things right in Warka World.

Looks like Warka is on hold for all requests.. including yours - the only thing that they will do at lightning speed is process a deposit (not advised)

What If....
12-14-2013, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

So will we be able to transfer them into our name when this is settled, or are we SOL?

seadesk
12-14-2013, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

So will we be able to transfer them into our name when this is settled, or are we SOL?

What if:

So, you're not necessarily SOL. You just need to stand by. Iraq is turning. I think Warka will be back, against odds.

Faith my friend.

My best to you.

Seadesk

40plus
12-14-2013, 01:32 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

When it's settled, you will be able to transfer to your good name & make withdrawals, like any other bank. They apparently had to fight their own battle w/the CBI..which is run by opposing sect. Nasty religion it is.

chakkarchee
12-14-2013, 04:49 AM
When it's settled, you will be able to transfer to your good name & make withdrawals, like any other bank. They apparently had to fight their own battle w/the CBI..which is run by opposing sect. Nasty religion it is.

Please beaware Your good name means sucker in Arabic.:D Wonder if it occured to anyone here yet

What If....
12-14-2013, 05:34 AM
Do you think they are a lost cause chakkarchee?

chakkarchee
12-14-2013, 08:03 AM
Do you think they are a lost cause chakkarchee?

Most likely Warka will make a good comeback sooner or later, their board seems to have good fight left in them to protect their intrest. It is my portfoilio and account I have not sure about how intact it will be when dust clears. ( For now my portfolio is not even showing on line and it is a serious concern) Still to answer your question, yes I have some hope left that my accout will survive may be some old fashioned Iraqi way.

dinar_dude
12-14-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm not too worried. The last thing Iraq wants now is to dissuade foreign investors from investment, especially with foreign banks beginning to enter the country. The negative fallout resulting from foreign investors being screwed out of shares in Iraqi businesses and banks would be pretty bad, and would set a poor precedent. It'll take time, and these guys do take a lot longer to muddle through issues than most, but I think we'll all get back what is ours in the end. Just my two cents.

dinar_dude
12-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Just to add, I've submitted a few requests for my portfolio from Warka during this whole debacle, and they have provided them, although it took months in some cases. What's interesting is that they keep adding shares (in the millions) to my portfolio although I haven't bought any stock during this period. I can only assume that these are free shares, or paid up shares. It may indicate that their internal record-keeping is still ongoing and that they are tracking ISX splits, etc, although the branches may be operating on skeleton crews due to the uncertainty of the legal process. I may take them some time to regain their normal operating tempo once the CBI or whoever provides the cash to restart normal banking operations, but I think it's coming.

24mm exposed grid
12-14-2013, 01:13 PM
I own tons of Warka Bank shares both in proxy and own name.

The amounts of shares owned were always detailed as correct with Warka ISX dept, but on the last portfolio statement provided by them at least 6 months ago, all Warka Bank shares had been zeroed. Of course I queried it with them at the time, but as usual no response.

Has anyone else with shares in Warka noticed that they have been zeroed.

ChinaGirl
12-14-2013, 05:04 PM
My portfolio does not even include them anymore ... just disappeared.

ChinaGirl
12-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Einstein knew ........Click on image...55

HumbleGenius
12-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Most likely Warka will make a good comeback sooner or later, their board seems to have good fight left in them to protect their intrest. It is my portfoilio and account I have not sure about how intact it will be when dust clears. ( For now my portfolio is not even showing on line and it is a serious concern) Still to answer your question, yes I have some hope left that my accout will survive may be some old fashioned Iraqi way.

Do not like the fact we cannot purchase paid ups through them. Will not be able to make that back.

tipawin
12-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Warka shares are still on my portfolio list which showed all the stocks some in my name and others in proxy this list also showed splits just have to be patient

24mm exposed grid
12-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Warka shares are still on my portfolio list which showed all the stocks some in my name and others in proxy this list also showed splits just have to be patient

Tip, can you confirm the following.

Your portfolio list - Is this a recent list (within the past 6 months) provided as an email attachment upon request by Warka ISX Dept ?

My own Warka stock only 'disappeared' on my last portfolio request 6 months or so ago. Prior to that all was correct and indeed the online ISX trading tab (when it was available) also showed correct figures.

I do remember seeing some time ago, correspondence from Al Jazera brokerage confirming that all Warka Bank stock was now held in custody by the ISC rather than independent brokerages, pending further developments. I have made the presumption that this is the reason for balances being zeroed.

dinar_dude
12-15-2013, 03:03 PM
I just received my portfolio on 2 Dec 2013. All of my Warka stock shows up in the portfolio, and in the amount that I've purchased.

Your portfolio list - Is this a recent list (within the past 6 months) provided as an email attachment upon request by Warka ISX Dept ?

My own Warka stock only 'disappeared' on my last portfolio request 6 months or so ago. Prior to that all was correct and indeed the online ISX trading tab (when it was available) also showed correct figures.

I do remember seeing some time ago, correspondence from Al Jazera brokerage confirming that all Warka Bank stock was now held in custody by the ISC rather than independent brokerages, pending further developments. I have made the presumption that this is the reason for balances being zeroed.

thebest
12-15-2013, 03:25 PM

I received my portfolio the 12-02-2013 they missed WARKA, Al Therar, Nieveh Food. All this company are delisted. I sent a e-mail and they correct the error.

chakkarchee
12-15-2013, 04:35 PM
My portfolio from Warka via requested e-mail for portfoilo from this November is showing same number of Warka stock for past three years, these stocks are in my name and not in proxy

What If....
09-22-2015, 08:01 PM
Does anyone have any new info on proxy shares?