PDA

View Full Version : Warka added 6 months interest!!

trusty
01-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Yes, if you have an online account with Warka, check your new bank balance. They just added 6 months interest.

Trusty

HumbleGenius
01-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Yes, if you have an online account with Warka, check your new bank balance. They just added 6 months interest.

Trusty

Thanks Trusty. Good to see you are still out there. Would have posted new thread but dont have access to do it or they dont make it easy to do for humble geniuses like me. Happy New Year. Things will be happening soon ......

ChinaGirl
01-01-2014, 01:52 PM

Trusty

With all due respect .. where did this money come from ? They are virtually out of business and have been for some time. Just being logical. You can't get fur from a bald camel.

dinar_dude
01-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Good eyes out, Trusty. Small signs of a bank coming back, hopefully. May 2014 bring more of these promising signs.

Happy New Year to all!!

tmorr37
01-01-2014, 03:47 PM
With all due respect .. where did this money come from ? They are virtually out of business and have been for some time. Just being logical. You can't get fur from a bald camel.

They were not out of business (maybe to us) but were under guardianship. And according to the law suit the Central Bank is responsible to pay all damage and losses.

ChinaGirl
01-01-2014, 04:25 PM
They were not out of business (maybe to us) but were under guardianship. And according to the law suit the Central Bank is responsible to pay all damage and losses.

Yes... this may be the delay in retribution and recovery - confirming what the CBI liable for ? and what Warka is liable for ? is the CBI responsible entirely - or.... did Warka and Co. (when they knew the CBI was sniffing around) abscond with all of our money ? I do not know the answer, but I am permitted to ask the question. Lets not forget, Warka found itself (and us) in trouble long before the "tutelage/guardianship" - was that trouble initiated due to large withdrawals by the government, or was it part and parcel of a previous unraveling of Warka ? (i.e Bunnia monkey business) - again, I do not know, but I am curious to see how things unfold.

Piling fictitious money (deemed as interest) into depositors accounts on a regular basis when no real business is being done (most branches have been shuttered/skeleton staff as per several local reports on facebook/chats/blogs etc.) certainly has peaked my interest (pun intended).

Warka Bank For Investment and Finance
Internet Banking System
0790 MAIN

ONLINE ACCOUNT STATEMENT
XXXXXXX
P.O.Box :
UNITED STATES ()

Account Number : 0790/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Account Type :
Currency : Iraqi Dinar
As At : 05/01/20XX

Transaction Date EXPLANATION TEXT VALUE DATE DEBIT AMOUNT CREDIT AMOUNT Current Balance DR/CR

31/12/2013 BALANCE B/F XXXXXXXXX.xxx
31/12/2013 INTEREST CAPITALIZATION TRANSACTIONS 31/12/2013 XXXXXXX.xxx XXXXXXX.xxx

tmorr37
01-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Then if they couldn't pay or give interest then they would be bankrupt as the CBI stated, but that was proven false by the courts on all accounts.

ChinaGirl
01-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Then if they couldn't pay or give interest then they would be bankrupt as the CBI stated, but that was proven false by the courts on all accounts.

Again, with all due respect, those "numbers you see on your screen" are just "numbers you see on your screen" - they mean nothing if you can't bring them home.

I jumped off the train to LA LA Land when it stopped 3 falafels short of a load.

ChinaGirl
01-01-2014, 07:08 PM

Just to be clear, you say "Then if they couldn't pay or give interest then they would be bankrupt as the CBI stated"

No one has physically been "paid" anything for a very long time.

thebest
01-01-2014, 08:12 PM

Trusty

Oh Yesss Very Good.

ChinaGirl
01-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Oh Yesss Very Good.

Piling fictitious money (deemed as interest and inaccessible) into depositors accounts on a regular basis when no real business is being done certainly has peaked my interest (pun intended).

Happy New Year - "thebest" is yet to come !!

tmorr37
01-02-2014, 04:31 AM
Just to be clear, you say "Then if they couldn't pay or give interest then they would be bankrupt as the CBI stated"

No one has physically been "paid" anything for a very long time.

That is no one outside Iraq.

ChinaGirl
01-02-2014, 01:11 PM
That is no one outside Iraq.

That would include every one of us here then. Are you just being funny? You did make me laugh.

Also, according to those in Iraq / Kuwait (see Facebook "Warka Bank Victims") they cannot access funds either.

I'm hoping for the best on behalf of Warka, but I am prepared for anything less.

rich man
01-04-2014, 05:22 AM
Warka trolls be hate'n........................bazinga

Better luck next time Standard Charter

ChinaGirl
01-04-2014, 01:29 PM
I would think Standard Chartered has all the luck they can handle ... after all (unlike us) they are on the outside looking in. They dodged a very determined bullet.

Standard Chartered Opens Branch in Iraq (http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2013/11/28/standard-chartered-opens-branch-in-iraq/)Posted on 28 November 2013. Tags: Standard Chartered (http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/tag/standard-chartered/)
BBC reports that Standard Chartered has opened a bank branch in, Baghdad.
Opening the branch, Prime Minister Nouri Maliki said the move was an “indicator of trust” in Iraq’s economy, adding that the UK had supported Iraq “from the beginning”.
The British ambassador to Iraq, Simon Collis, said the UK was dedicated to setting up a “transparent and diversified” financial sector in the country.
The bank will cater for Standard Chartered’s global clients in Iraq, working in oil, telecoms and infrastructure, and will also work with the Iraqi government, its ministries and the Iraqi Central Bank in its advisory role.
Another two branches will be opened in Erbil and Basra by 2014.
(Source: BBC)

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/tag/standard-chartered/

Warka trolls be hate'n........................bazinga

Better luck next time Standard Charter

dinar_dude
01-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Citigroup and JPMorgan are entering Iraq as well this year. Let's remember it was Standard Chartered that was interested in merging with Warka, partly to gain access to Warka's pre-existing infrastructure and network of ATMs inside Iraq. The entry of these other banks may present other opportunities. I think their entry into Iraq will be a game-changer as domestic banks will have to up their games considerably.

ChinaGirl
01-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Citigroup and JPMorgan are entering Iraq as well this year. Let's remember it was Standard Chartered that was interested in merging with Warka, partly to gain access to Warka's pre-existing infrastructure and network of ATMs inside Iraq. The entry of these other banks may present other opportunities. I think their entry into Iraq will be a game-changer as domestic banks will have to up their games considerably.

Yes... but I did have to laugh out loud at this part ... "and will also work with the Iraqi government, its ministries and the Iraqi Central Bank in its advisory role". Seems SC is nicely tucked into Maliki's back pocket... Warka on the other hand is hanging by a thread - not far behind Saddam Hussein.

HumbleGenius
01-04-2014, 02:34 PM

Agreed. Should push domestic banks to step up their long term strategies ie mergers if needed.