PDA

View Full Version : Warka email addresses for withdrawals...

investindinar
02-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Anyone have a clue on which email addresses to use to request a withdrawal from Al Warka Investment Bank?

I got a postmaster@mail.hotmail notification yesterday (02/13/2014) telling me that the 'c.accounts@warkainvestmentbank.com' email address is no longer valid. :confused:

Does anyone know which email addresses are still in operation for withdrawals from Al Warka?

Assistance would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

investindinar

tmorr37
02-14-2014, 07:00 PM
c.accounts@warka-bank-iq.com

investindinar
02-14-2014, 07:23 PM
c.accounts@warka-bank-iq.com

Thank you.

RoyalBeluga
02-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Why withdraw after so long, especially now the cbi have let go ....

tipawin
02-14-2014, 09:54 PM
stay in the game

investindinar
02-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Why withdraw after so long, especially now the cbi have let go ....

Take my word for it, I'm not bailing out of this investment now. Especially after eight (8) long years of waiting and suffering through one hair-raising experience after another.

My original investment has more than doubled over the last 8 years. I'm only repatriating and harvesting about 50% which is already in cash. The other 50% is fully invested in over 30 separate stocks in a fairly well diversified portfolio. Al Warka Investment Bank (BWAI) is only one of several banks.

I expect that what I have remaining in stock will eventually result in a very good IRR that will more than compensate me for all of the risk that I took.

I expect that 2014 to 2016 will see a huge turn around in Iraq's economic fortunes and that fortune will be reflected in their stock market.

Sincerely,

investindinar

tmorr37
02-15-2014, 06:30 AM
As soon as the window opens my cash is gone..........................

chakkarchee
02-15-2014, 07:52 AM
I doubt window opens before election and after election it will be a blood bath, so I give it a year or more before any thing in ISX or the CBI or Warka stats happening

lglwzrd
02-15-2014, 06:04 PM
anyone have a clue on which email addresses to use to request a withdrawal from al warka investment bank?

I got a postmaster@mail.hotmail notification yesterday (02/13/2014) telling me that the 'c.accounts@warkainvestmentbank.com' email address is no longer valid. :confused:

Does anyone know which email addresses are still in operation for withdrawals from al warka?

Assistance would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

investindinar

what makes you think that you can withdraw money from warka?? As far as i know its all frozen.

investindinar
02-15-2014, 08:10 PM
what makes you think that you can withdraw money from warka?? As far as i know its all frozen.

I'm not all 100% certain that withdrawals can be made at this time, but AFAIK, custodianship has been unconditionally lifted.

If we cannot start making withdrawals right away, then I'm willing to wait as long as it takes. I'm waiting on Al Warka or one of their spokespersons to let me know what their exact status is.

investindinar

triumphantcorp
02-16-2014, 12:25 AM
I'm not all 100% certain that withdrawals can be made at this time, but AFAIK, custodianship has been unconditionally lifted.

If we cannot start making withdrawals right away, then I'm willing to wait as long as it takes. I'm waiting on Al Warka or one of their spokespersons to let me know what their exact status is.

investindinar

Investindinar, I am in total agreement with you. I do expect Mr. AlBunnia or Mr. Issa , et al. to come out very soon and give us a positive status update.

Triumphantcorp

investindinar
02-16-2014, 03:07 AM
Investindinar, I am in total agreement with you. I do expect Mr. AlBunnia or Mr. Issa , et al. to come out very soon and give us a positive status update.

Triumphantcorp

I'm positive on this particular bank, investments in Iraq in general, and its economic outlook. Then again, I consider myself the perpetual optimist and highly risk neutral. Otherwise, why would I have risked so much?

I really hope this doesn't drag out for another year. We've all been waiting since March 2012 for news on this dog and pony show. After we finally get it, we have to wait another indefinite period of time, yet again. Elections are in April of this year, and that may goad the MoF and the CBI, to become more reasonable. A lot will depend on who wins or is expected to win in the elections. If the Shiite's block loses, then there'll be new faces in both the MoF and the CBI. That'll help Al Warka. If they win, even marginally, then there'll be less incentive for these culprits (MoF, CBI) who have damaged the reputation of Al Warka, Al Bunnia and his associates, to be more reasonable. That's my take. Hopefully, everything gets settled before April, and we don't all have to wade through more melodrama. :)

investindinar

ChinaGirl
02-16-2014, 06:11 PM
As soon as the window opens my cash is gone..........................

Warka may impose a limitation on withdrawal amounts - the last thing they need is a bank run - that's what got them into this mess initially (huge Gov. withdrawals if you recall) - I'm still in holding pattern .. all staying put ... really be nice if the dead Warka stock I'm holding came back to life- don't see why it couldn't now.

calstar
02-16-2014, 06:57 PM
I guess we will see. Its been a long ten years.

investindinar
02-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Warka may impose a limitation on withdrawal amounts - the last thing they need is a bank run - that's what got them into this mess initially (huge Gov. withdrawals if you recall) - I'm still in holding pattern .. all staying put ... really be nice if the dead Warka stock I'm holding came back to life- don't see why it couldn't now.

This issue of withdrawal limitations has occurred to me. Especially in view of what happened two years ago. However, I think it's more important to allow older accounts priority. In other words, First In First Out (FIFO).

On another note, I've oftentimes thought Al Warka would be entitled to damages and monetary compensation from the MoF and the CBI. If that's the case, they may be cash rich after the settlement, if there is one, and withdrawal limitations may not be an issue. Most of their 'offshore' clients would have very small amounts on deposit, and not constitute a major problem. Besides, not all will be redeeming at the same time.

Just my two dinars worth of opinion.

investindinar

Brazileiro
02-17-2014, 12:49 AM
every transfer I was ever able to make, way back in the day, was limited to $10k usd...

opportunist
02-17-2014, 02:57 AM
"Take my word for it, I'm not bailing out of this investment now. Especially after eight (8) long years of waiting and suffering through one hair-raising experience after another.

My original investment has more than doubled over the last 8 years. I'm only repatriating and harvesting about 50% which is already in cash. The other 50% is fully invested in over 30 separate stocks in a fairly well diversified portfolio. Al Warka Investment Bank (BWAI) is only one of several banks.

I expect that what I have remaining in stock will eventually result in a very good IRR that will more than compensate me for all of the risk that I took.

I expect that 2014 to 2016 will see a huge turn around in Iraq's economic fortunes and that fortune will be reflected in their stock market.

Sincerely,
investindinar[/QUOTE]

I agree. I am in it for the long haul. Warka will not make the same mistake twice. Once we can start to participate in the paid ups things will turn around quick. Banking will only get better in Iraq. Iraq is not going to let their banking system fail. What happened to the "too big to fails" in America? Wish I would have bought BofA under $4.00.
Op
Long and strong.

investindinar
02-17-2014, 03:04 AM
every transfer I was ever able to make, way back in the day, was limited to $10k usd...

I don't have any problem with $10k USD per month. I hope it doesn't turn out to be $10k per year. Then, I will have a problem.

investindinar

dinar_dude
02-17-2014, 01:07 PM
I think Warka is waiting on an infusion of cash from the CBI or Finance Ministry to get its banking operations going again. After that is worked out, it may be little time indeed where we start seeing the bank become responsive to our requests. I'm hoping the bank revives itself, and doesn't make the same mistakes again, as mentioned.

One good thing from this whole legal ordeal is that it shows the Iraqi government is aware of how these internal problems can create mistrust in the developed world, especially at a time when Iraq needs direct foreign investment, and has been asking for it for years. It can't expect investors to load in while it does little to nothing to help its struggling internal financial infrastructure. It's an important thing to wield influence. Let's hope this signifies a kind of maturation on the part of the Iraqi system.

ChinaGirl
02-17-2014, 02:18 PM

I think that had to do more with money laundering guidelines... the 10K .. I could be wrong.

ChinaGirl
02-17-2014, 02:21 PM
I think Warka is waiting on an infusion of cash from the CBI or Finance Ministry to get its banking operations going again. After that is worked out, it may be little time indeed where we start seeing the bank become responsive to our requests. I'm hoping the bank revives itself, and doesn't make the same mistakes again, as mentioned.

One good thing from this whole legal ordeal is that it shows the Iraqi government is aware of how these internal problems can create mistrust in the developed world, especially at a time when Iraq needs direct foreign investment, and has been asking for it for years. It can't expect investors to load in while it does little to nothing to help its struggling internal financial infrastructure. It's an important thing to wield influence. Let's hope this signifies a kind of maturation on the part of the Iraqi system.

Yes, and any fence sitters (large and small) were watching how this played out for sure.

darog
03-30-2014, 05:29 AM
Guys I get through to warka all the time. Actually I'm waiting on checks for my account.

HumbleGenius
03-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Guys I get through to warka all the time. Actually I'm waiting on checks for my account.

Breath your long hold dont.

Brazileiro
04-05-2014, 02:50 AM
Guys I get through to warka all the time. Actually I'm waiting on checks for my account.did you ask warka for them and receive a reply that you can get checks? Are you a local resident in iraq? Email I got from warka last year (?) stated checks were for local residents...

I have not had a response to 30+ emails sent since the Guardianship was lifted...

mcdan
04-06-2014, 01:56 AM
China Girl why don't you put this in the rumor thread
This is someone opinion which I can give you my IMHO I do not care what this person opinion is.

Mo Dinar
04-06-2014, 03:36 AM
D*mn, and Al Karmal also did a runner with my $10K, beware!

Fishindinar
04-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Someday we need to take a trip to Iraq.

RoyalBeluga
04-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Someday we need to take a trip to Iraq.

... and do what?

ChinaGirl
04-06-2014, 09:39 PM
China Girl why don't you put this in the rumor thread
This is someone opinion which I can give you my IMHO I do not care what this person opinion is.

You're right ... I actually unsubscribed to this guy years ago. I'll remove it entirely.

ChinaGirl
04-06-2014, 09:44 PM
D*mn, and Al Karmal also did a runner with my $10K, beware!

Can you elaborate ... he stole your money ? is that what I'm reading ?

ChinaGirl
04-06-2014, 09:56 PM

Checks ? Maybe don't make a mortgage payment with them.

Fishindinar
04-07-2014, 03:14 AM
... and do what?

Sit down with a Warka bank employee and get some answers of the future of the bank. Also, to check if all my paperwork matches their paperwork.

RoyalBeluga
04-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Maybe we could get a group discount on the flight and taxi fares, walk right in there demanding attention!! "WE WANT ANSWERS!" "WHERE'S OUR DINARS?" lol

Fishindinar
04-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Yea, or we could wear burka's and hold them up like the wild west.

dinar_dude
04-07-2014, 05:38 PM
If anyone on this forum has a contact at State Department, they should contact them and explain the situation. State dept could contact the bank officials to try to make heads or tails.

RoyalBeluga
04-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Yea, or we could wear burka's and hold them up like the wild west.

Don't imagine it would go down very well but hey it's worth a shot. Anyway, you go first I'm right behind you ... honest lol