PDA

View Full Version : When Warka Bank Resumes Trading

haggisbasher
03-01-2014, 11:57 AM
I am interested to know what the Warka Bank forum investors are going to do when Warka resumes trading again and if they are going in to buy up as much stock as possible or fold their accounts and get out.

I personally believe that the long wait is almost over and will recover very quickly,also present stock holders will be given the opportunity to buy as much paid up shares in Warka Bank as they want.

Paid damages to current account & portfolio holders for losses' incurred during illegal guardianship by the CBI.
Just throwing this out for opinions & plans from members....

Screaming Eagle
03-01-2014, 01:48 PM
I am interested to know what the Warka Bank forum investors are going to do when Warka resumes trading again and if they are going in to buy up as much stock as possible or fold their accounts and get out.

I personally believe that the long wait is almost over and will recover very quickly,also present stock holders will be given the opportunity to buy as much paid up shares in Warka Bank as they want.

Paid damages to current account & portfolio holders for losses' incurred during illegal guardianship by the CBI.
Just throwing this out for opinions & plans from members....I will sell all my stocks and withdraw my account as soon as possible as I believe Iraq will remain unstable for the foreseeable future. I have done very will on my savings account if it is ever validated but the stocks are but a small part of what I have in Iraq. Its a changing world and Iraq is a recipe for the past at best. Its economy is 95% oil based and dependent on that one trick pony. I believe that shortly in the future countries will become less dependent on oil producing countries and the hostage attitude of OPEC will be broken forever. Soon any country will be able to produce its own energy and fuel from bio mass fractionators as invented and patented by companies as Cool Planet Energy Systems and others. Cool Planet broke ground for it first commercial plant 2 days ago in LA. and they should offer a IPO in the next year or two. Presently I am doing well with BoA, Robots, and 3 D printing. I only own one bank stock and I bought that in September 2011 following the lead of Buffet and a mention on this forum. Soon they will be 3 D printing food and homes and I don't wish to miss this new age. Goggle has brought most of the Robot companies and soon cars will be converted to robot driven. Its a new age, its a new world. Don't miss it.

haggisbasher
03-01-2014, 02:04 PM
THX. SE for your opinion,I see your reasoning and the direction you mentioned, i wish you well.
I am aiming on a early semi retirement in the next 3-4 years and then cashing in my ventures,like you I have done well so it is now a short term investment now,and will now buy as much as I can and then with a view to cash-out in Iraq.

mike032588
03-01-2014, 05:22 PM
I will sell all my stocks and withdraw my account as soon as possible as I believe Iraq will remain unstable for the foreseeable future. I have done very will on my savings account if it is ever validated but the stocks are but a small part of what I have in Iraq. Its a changing world and Iraq is a recipe for the past at best. Its economy is 95% oil based and dependent on that one trick pony. I believe that shortly in the future countries will become less dependent on oil producing countries and the hostage attitude of OPEC will be broken forever. Soon any country will be able to produce its own energy and fuel from bio mass fractionators as invented and patented by companies as Cool Planet Energy Systems and others. Cool Planet broke ground for it first commercial plant 2 days ago in LA. and they should offer a IPO in the next year or two. Presently I am doing well with BoA, Robots, and 3 D printing. I only own one bank stock and I bought that in September 2011 following the lead of Buffet and a mention on this forum. Soon they will be 3 D printing food and homes and I don't wish to miss this new age. Goggle has brought most of the Robot companies and soon cars will be converted to robot driven. Its a new age, its a new world. Don't miss it.

wow its no wonder my whole life i looked up to you... im taking such advantage of this new age... i have so much money invested of my own and clients... well over 7 figures... im a broker... 25... started here at 16... im love this place... but it has died out so much over the years.... im afraid SE is right in the context of the world.... but wrong with iraq... Warka will pay me off big if they keep trading... i had 250k in it... it turned into 340 in a year and froze trading... if it resumes i will wait... and keep investing my money in exactly what u said... SE you forgot a few things... Graphene... CVV .... Rare Earth Minerals MCP... IRBT... NPTN.... GOOG... PAY... thans there bio tech hahahaha

investindinar
03-01-2014, 11:45 PM
... Its economy is 95% oil based and dependent on that one trick pony. I believe that shortly in the future countries will become less dependent on oil producing countries and the hostage attitude of OPEC will be broken forever. Soon any country will be able to produce its own energy and fuel from bio mass fractionators as invented and patented by companies as Cool Planet Energy Systems and others....

I'm glad to hear you've done well, but I don't think Iraq's economy is a one trick pony. Their natural gas reserves have yet to be exploited in large quantities and that global market is now beginning to grow. They're producing more petroleum than at any time in their history and they presently export the bulk of their production without constraints from OPEC. In addition, Iraq's cost of production are lower than anywhere else in the entire world. Which means that even if prices decline, which is not going to be any time soon, they still have sufficient margins to maintain a high level of government expenditures. If prices do decline in the future, demand for petroleum and natural gas will increase because declining prices for those commodities will make their consumption more likely, and consumption of more expensive newer energies less attractive. That will serve to maintain a high level of revenues. Their revenues from petroleum exports are projected to top 200 billion USD in 2015 and that's right around the corner. With GDP increasing, Iraq will have to spend more on infrastructure because their people will demand it. The more Iraq spends on infrastructure, the faster their economy will grow, and that in turn will encourage foreign investment. China will continue to demand higher petroleum imports and so will India which can only help Iraq's economy. I honestly don't think alternative energies are at a point where they will replace natural fossil fuels any time within the next 50 years. Petroleum still has a way to go before it's replaced completely with alternative energies. As far the political drama that's unfolding now is concerned, that's due to end soon, because the Iraqi people more than anyone else are getting tired of it. I'd say, I'm to stay in for the next 5 to 7 years, because I don't see Iraq crumbling. It has a long history and they have traditionally been very prosperous. They know how to whether adversity. Like I said earlier, 2014 thru 2106 should see very good years for Iraq economically and politically. That prosperity and stability will help their stock market increase in value 10 to 20x in capitalization over the next 5 to 7 years.:)

Screaming Eagle
03-02-2014, 12:06 AM
Cool Planet Energy Systems http://coolplanet.com/ broke ground Feb 26th 2014 for its first commercial plant to be completed in Sept 2014 and will produce from bio mass 10,000,000 gals of premium gasoline a year. They are building two more in LA in 2015 and 2016. They plan to build 400 in the US alone by 2020. that's 4 billion gallons of gasoline a year. In addition they have sold rights to two dominate companies in Malaysia which are planning many plants in that country. Since the company is private and receives no government subsidy they can expand anywhere in the world where there is biomass and a demand for energy. This new revolution renewable energy is going to catch most of the world napping. Backers are Google, Conoco Phillips, BP, North Bridge, GE, Shea Ventures, Exelon, and NRG. These companies have pretty good track records and do not rush in mass to support losers. Its coming and faster than most think.

investindinar
03-02-2014, 12:31 AM
Cool Planet Energy Systems http://coolplanet.com/ broke ground Feb 26th 2014 for its first commercial plant to be completed in Sept 2014 and will produce from bio mass 10,000,000 gals of premium gasoline a year. They are building two more in LA in 2015 and 2016. They plan to build 400 in the US alone by 2020. that's 4 billion gallons of gasoline a year. In addition they have sold rights to two dominate companies in Malaysia which are planning many plants in that country. Since the company is private and receives no government subsidy they can expand anywhere in the world where there is biomass and a demand for energy. This new revolution renewable energy is going to catch most of the world napping. Backers are Google, Conoco Phillips, BP, North Bridge, GE, Shea Ventures, Exelon, and NRG. These companies have pretty good track records and do not rush in mass to support losers. Its coming and faster than most think.

I don't doubt your sincerity and enthusiasm for gasoline produced from 'bio mass'. Question is, how much will it cost to produce and how will it be able to compete on the basis of price with fossil fuels, or at what point will it make petroleum production no longer profitable? It will be interesting to see how it works out.

Screaming Eagle
03-02-2014, 02:51 AM
I don't doubt your sincerity and enthusiasm for gasoline produced from 'bio mass'. Question is, how much will it cost to produce and how will it be able to compete on the basis of price with fossil fuels, or at what point will it make petroleum production no longer profitable? It will be interesting to see how it works out.The projected cost including capital cost is $1.25 gal. The fuel has already been tested in google cars and CA. They already have buyers that will infuse it directly into to their pipeline supply.

24mm exposed grid
03-02-2014, 09:43 AM
IF Warka ever re-open trade, all my shares will be sold, my account emptied and Iraq won't see my arse for dust.

Eleven years since Saddam was overthrown, eleven years to get some kind of game plan in order, yet nothing but political in fighting, corruption at all levels, sectarian violence and daily terrorism. Dreams of a new democratic Iraq are just that - dreams. The current situation is not the vision of Iraq that I bought into many years ago. SE is spot on that this is a changing world, change is coming quicker than most think and global dependence on fossil fuels will be a thing of the past much sooner than anyone would ever have believed even 5 years ago.

ChinaGirl
03-02-2014, 02:20 PM
Thanks to all of you for being so honest here ... I see a complete 180 on Warka for many long term members here - and understandably so. Looks like a "bank run" is in order - Warka may trickle our money back, but "slow going" is better than "no going". Good luck (or is it "Break A Leg" - this whole venture has been so "dramatic" at times) - All the best to all.

dinar_dude
03-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Understand about the fossil fuel issue, but I think that worldwide independence from oil still has some way to go. With all the assessments on how fracking will eventually bring make the US into a new exporter to the world by 2035-2040, our dependence on fossil fuels is not going away soon. Good points on the 3D printing and robotics - Google and Boston Dynamics have some pretty amazing potential to change the way the world is. I think these are serious moneymakers over the long term.

Regarding Iraq, we are entering a period where there will be instability, but I don't think this will make the country unravel. We've witnessed the Iraqis making slow progress (and some setbacks) even during the most unstable periods (2004-2009) of political and security instability in the history of the country this side of the 20th Century. The CBI, ISX stood up. Fledgling banks which never existed before in Iraq were established. Iraqi is increasing its oil output everyday. I've talked with energy analysts who doubted Iraq could ever make this happen, but it is and continues to be so. Oil operations and exports are increasing everyday despite the violence and the political climate, because companies have the revenue to deal with the risks. They wouldn't be committed to working in Iraq otherwise. Iraq is also building the groundwork to become a transit point for trade into the EU. Will it be perfect? No, what is ever perfect? Obamacare? If one of the more developed nations on the planet (the US) cannot implement a national healthcare plan without adjustments and setbacks, how can we expect the situation in Iraq to progress with American efficiency?!

Citi and JPMorgan are moving in. Corporations like these do not commit to endeavors like these without doing some serious homework and risk assessment. If they think Iraq is ripe, then I would tend to believe it.

I've been with this investment since 2006, and I'm sticking. I'm heavy in stocks, and all I need is for each share to rise to the value of a meager dollar over the next 5-10 years, then I'll cash in. I've invested what I can afford to lose, and may invest more if things start taking off. We're entering a period in the international order where Near East nations will become less reliant on the U.S. for help, and will need to step up and assume more regional leadership roles. Saudi Arabia is already showing this. I think Iraq has a good chance to play a large part as well. Again, will it be perfect and quick - likely not! But they will probably muddle through it.

But that's just me.

dinar_dude
03-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Damn autospell - new exporter is supposed to be NET exporter

lglwzrd
03-02-2014, 05:45 PM
liquidate and leave

chakkarchee
03-02-2014, 06:48 PM
After this whole mess, I am very doubtful that Warka and its people have the capability to restore our accounts and portfolio in half of what it was even if they get orders from higher ups. I am just waiting to see the level of heart attack it will give when they finally announce our fate may be in next 10 years, and this is not frustation on my part but a reality check.

Fishindinar
03-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Vietnam = Iraq .............I'm done.

calstar
03-02-2014, 11:57 PM
I will move my holdings and stock certificates to Credit Bank of Iraq. Hopefully, I can communicate thru NBK New York to get things done.

dinar shore
03-03-2014, 12:23 AM
Has any heard from Mr. Issa in the last 60 days? I wouldn't blame him if he flew the coop long ago. Does anyone believe that Warka will update our respective accounts to include bonus shares, dividends, etc.? I always believed that Warka was the financial rock of the new Iraq but once again, it all comes down to religious hatred of Sunnis vs Shiites vs Kurds,
What a cluster!:cool:

seadesk
03-03-2014, 01:15 AM
Has any heard from Mr. Issa in the last 60 days? I wouldn't blame him if he flew the coop long ago. Does anyone believe that Warka will update our respective accounts to include bonus shares, dividends, etc.? I always believed that Warka was the financial rock of the new Iraq but once again, it all comes down to religious hatred of Sunnis vs Shiites vs Kurds,
What a cluster!:cool:

Recently I wrote to Mr. Issa and asked him to oversee an internal beneficiary bank transaction. It was done, as I asked, within two weeks of my email request.

I don't know that it was Mr. Issa who completed my request at the bank, but I sure hope it was. My experience is that he is a good man and I think Warka could not do any better with anyone else.

I've actually worried that he would eventually give up, frustrated, and do something else, somewhere else.

I wish the best to him wherever he is.

Seadesk

dinar shore
03-03-2014, 04:15 AM
Thanks, Seadesk. I, too have dealt with him for many years and I hope that was him that responded to you. It is hard to believe that I have been involved in Iraqi dinar and ISX stocks for ten years. Good luck!

Recently I wrote to Mr. Issa and asked him to oversee an internal beneficiary bank transaction. It was done, as I asked, within two weeks of my email request.

I don't know that it was Mr. Issa who completed my request at the bank, but I sure hope it was. My experience is that he is a good man and I think Warka could not do any better with anyone else.

I've actually worried that he would eventually give up, frustrated, and do something else, somewhere else.

Seadesk

Will-it-happen?
03-03-2014, 01:58 PM

Seadesk

I sent Mr I an email asking him to chase up a buy order I placed with funds I received from an internal beneficiary , however my buy order is still to be be acknowledged by anyone from the bank

at least I got the funds sent internally tho

HumbleGenius
03-03-2014, 05:22 PM
I sent Mr I an email asking him to chase up a buy order I placed with funds I received from an internal beneficiary , however my buy order is still to be be acknowledged by anyone from the bank

at least I got the funds sent internally tho

No one has had a problem putting money in an account the last few years. It is taking it out via withdrawal or stock purchases they ignore. I am of the opinion that they are using every penny just to keep the lights on. Once you deposit funds via actual deposit or a stock sale that money is gone to expenses. You may have a higher number showing online but there is nothing behind the number.Cant see that changing for years to come.

40plus
03-03-2014, 06:59 PM
IF Warka ever re-open trade, all my shares will be sold, my account emptied and Iraq won't see my arse for dust.

Eleven years since Saddam was overthrown, eleven years to get some kind of game plan in order, yet nothing but political in fighting, corruption at all levels, sectarian violence and daily terrorism. Dreams of a new democratic Iraq are just that - dreams. The current situation is not the vision of Iraq that I bought into many years ago. SE is spot on that this is a changing world, change is coming quicker than most think and global dependence on fossil fuels will be a thing of the past much sooner than anyone would ever have believed even 5 years ago.

I tend to agree with you. I don't think today's Iraqi people have the ability to get their act together anymore.

40plus
03-03-2014, 07:01 PM
I will pull 80% out & leave the rest to see if they get it together.

millionairetobe71
03-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Iraq will get through the current situation, it will survive and it will prosper. That will be a fact.

Another fact, is that the US consumes at least 133 BILLIONS of fuel per year (ref http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=23&t=10 (http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=23&t=10) ). And growing..

No company can ever produce that much fuel enough to satisfy our yearly needs.

And that is only fuel. We are not even talking about lubricants and many other derivatives from the oil. In 20210 the US consumed about 7 billion barrels of petroleum products and biofuels. And that was 22% OF TOTAL WORLD CONSUMPTION! IN 2010 !! ( http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=33&t=6 (http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=33&t=6) )

Yes, we will curb significantly our dependence from the middle east oil but we will still buy their oil. So, the facts are facts and we can't ignore it.

Also, we created the mess in Iraq and we are obligated to assist with getting the country back on their feet. And we will.

So, I believe that we will have payday. I can't really foresee how far in the future, but if I waited 10 years of with this investment, another 10 years is like eating a cupcake from a kid's hand. Even better, I will keep getting more dividends, more pay from interests and so on. So when the day comes that is time to cash out, I will marveled and how much the account has grown since my initial investment.

My bold, unqualified, just ballpark, assumption prediction is that it will take another 7-8 years before we can sing "Aleluyah" all together, holding hands with a cheerful smile.....

But it will happen....and that....in the future....will be a fact.....

MTB71

dinar_dude
03-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Good points, and remember China- it needs fuel too. That's why it's so eager to operate in Iraq, despite the instability.

Iraq will get through the current situation, it will survive and it will prosper. That will be a fact.

Another fact, is that the US consumes at least 133 BILLIONS of fuel per year (ref http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=23&t=10 (http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=23&t=10)). And growing..

And that is only fuel. We are not even talking about lubricants and many other derivatives from the oil. In 20210 the US consumed about 7 billion barrels of petroleum products and biofuels. And that was 22% OF TOTAL WORLD CONSUMPTION! IN 2010 !! ( http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=33&t=6 (http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=33&t=6) )

Yes, we will curb significantly our dependence from the middle east oil but we will still buy their oil. So, the facts are facts and we can't ignore it.

Also, we created the mess in Iraq and we are obligated to assist with getting the country back on their feet. And we will.

So, I believe that we will have payday. I can't really foresee how far in the future, but if I waited 10 years of with this investment, another 10 years is like eating a cupcake from a kid's hand. Even better, I will keep getting more dividends, more pay from interests and so on. So when the day comes that is time to cash out, I will marveled and how much the account has grown since my initial investment.

My bold, unqualified, just ballpark, assumption prediction is that it will take another 7-8 years before we can sing "Aleluyah" all together, holding hands with a cheerful smile.....

MTB71

Fishindinar
03-05-2014, 05:29 PM
No one has had a problem putting money in an account the last few years. It is taking it out via withdrawal or stock purchases they ignore. I am of the opinion that they are using every penny just to keep the lights on. Once you deposit funds via actual deposit or a stock sale that money is gone to expenses. You may have a higher number showing online but there is nothing behind the number.Cant see that changing for years to come.

Don't be ridiculous the Bunnia family is one of the wealthiest in Iraq. Banks are incredibly lucrative so no one would give up that business. The fact that Warka has has persevered during war times AND against a Shiite controlled government should be a testament to everyone.

Screaming Eagle
03-05-2014, 06:26 PM

Another fact, is that the US consumes at least 133 BILLIONS of fuel per year (ref http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=23&t=10 (http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=23&t=10)). And growing..

MTB71We will soon see.
ALEXANDRIA, La.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cool Planet Energy Systems, a technology company producing green fuels and
biochar products, broke ground today on the company’s first commercial facility in Alexandria, Louisiana, dubbed
Project Genesis. Permits have been received to begin earthwork and grading, with construction to immediately
follow. The facility is designed to produce 10 million gallons per year of high-octane, renewable gasoline blendstocks,
as well as biochar, all made from sustainable wood residues.
The facility will be located at the Port of Alexandria, on the Red River Waterway in
Central Louisiana. The site was chosen because of its excellent wood biomass
availability, interstate and rail access, and direct barge access to more than nine
reneries. The facility is expected to produce at least 24 direct jobs and bring at
least $56 million in economic investment into the state. Estimates are that an
additional 150 indirect jobs will result because of this facility, and 350 construction
jobs will be utilized.
“Today’s groundbreaking is an important step forward in our plan to aggressively
commercialize Cool Planet’s technology,” said CEO Howard Janzen. “We could not
have picked a better location to build our rst commercial facility and start
transforming the nation’s fuel and food supplies.”
Cool Planet’s technology turns biomass into green fuels and biochar and has the
capability to be carbon negative. The company’s green fuels are able to be blended
directly into the current fuel supply to reduce greenhouse gases from the air
without sacricing performance or increasing prices at the pump. The biochar
product sequesters carbon and delivers transformative benets to industries as
diverse as agriculture, chemicals and pharmaceuticals. As a soil amendment, eld trials of the company’s Cool Terra™
biochar with commercial growers have shown yield improvements of more than 50% with signicant reductions in
fertilizer and water use.

40plus
03-05-2014, 10:22 PM
We will soon see.
ALEXANDRIA, La.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cool Planet Energy Systems, a technology company producing green fuels and
biochar products, broke ground today on the company’s first commercial facility in Alexandria, Louisiana, dubbed
Project Genesis. Permits have been received to begin earthwork and grading, with construction to immediately
follow. The facility is designed to produce 10 million gallons per year of high-octane, renewable gasoline blendstocks,
as well as biochar, all made from sustainable wood residues.
The facility will be located at the Port of Alexandria, on the Red River Waterway in
Central Louisiana. The site was chosen because of its excellent wood biomass
availability, interstate and rail access, and direct barge access to more than nine
reneries. The facility is expected to produce at least 24 direct jobs and bring at
least $56 million in economic investment into the state. Estimates are that an
additional 150 indirect jobs will result because of this facility, and 350 construction
jobs will be utilized.
“Today’s groundbreaking is an important step forward in our plan to aggressively
commercialize Cool Planet’s technology,” said CEO Howard Janzen. “We could not
have picked a better location to build our rst commercial facility and start
transforming the nation’s fuel and food supplies.”
Cool Planet’s technology turns biomass into green fuels and biochar and has the
capability to be carbon negative. The company’s green fuels are able to be blended
directly into the current fuel supply to reduce greenhouse gases from the air
without sacricing performance or increasing prices at the pump. The biochar
product sequesters carbon and delivers transformative benets to industries as
diverse as agriculture, chemicals and pharmaceuticals. As a soil amendment, eld trials of the company’s Cool Terra™
biochar with commercial growers have shown yield improvements of more than 50% with signicant reductions in
fertilizer and water use.

I don't want to invest the time to investigate this company..but if they are tied in any way to O-bla-bla or any part of his 'energy policy', IMO they will fail as soon as they get the $$. Otherwise, if they are legit..it's about time!

buck74
03-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Well maybe its time to wake and smell the coffe, shake some of those cobwebs off. No more answers than we had 7 or 8 years ago, at least it has not blown up in our faces. I will let it ride, and hope for a better future with the ISX.

Screaming Eagle
03-06-2014, 12:10 AM
I don't want to invest the time to investigate this company..but if they are tied in any way to O-bla-bla or any part of his 'energy policy', IMO they will fail as soon as they get the $$. Otherwise, if they are legit..it's about time!Private company. They don't receive any subsides or government funding. You can't even buy the stock. They have a web site. I've been watching them since they built their pilot plant in CA over 2 years ago. Its private industry or companies that innovate and produce for the future. Not the government. Its why Iraq will take forever to become a wealthy nation, Its government controlled by greedy politicians and religious nuts. They will offer a IPO in the future but not until they are in production and making money.

ChinaGirl
03-06-2014, 12:54 PM
French car maker Peugeot is all set to sell the first air-powered hybrid car from next yearHold your breath! French car maker Peugeot is all set to sell the first air-powered hybrid car from next year. With new ‘Hybrid Air’ engine system — the first to combine petrol with compressed air — the firm says the car could reduce petrol bills by 80 percent when driven in cities. “Air power would be used solely for city driving, automatically activated below 43mph,” said Peugeot in a press release.
The system combines a gasoline engine with an air engine which is used at speeds under 70mph. This enables it to run on petrol or air, or a combination of both. According to the company, by 2020, the car could achieve an average of 117 miles a gallon. The new engine system is a breakthrough for hybrid cars because expensive batteries would no longer be needed.

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/technology/gadgets/a-hybrid-car-that-runs-on-air/article5733141.ece

Private company. They don't receive any subsides or government funding. You can't even buy the stock. They have a web site. I've been watching them since they built their pilot plant in CA over 2 years ago. Its private industry or companies that innovate and produce for the future. Not the government. Its why Iraq will take forever to become a wealthy nation, Its government controlled by greedy politicians and religious nuts. They will offer a IPO in the future but not until they are in production and making money.

Screaming Eagle
03-06-2014, 01:32 PM
French car maker Peugeot is all set to sell the first air-powered hybrid car from next year

Hold your breath! French car maker Peugeot is all set to sell the first air-powered hybrid car from next year. With new ‘Hybrid Air’ engine system — the first to combine petrol with compressed air — the firm says the car could reduce petrol bills by 80 percent when driven in cities. “Air power would be used solely for city driving, automatically activated below 43mph,” said Peugeot in a press release.
The system combines a gasoline engine with an air engine which is used at speeds under 70mph. This enables it to run on petrol or air, or a combination of both. According to the company, by 2020, the car could achieve an average of 117 miles a gallon. The new engine system is a breakthrough for hybrid cars because expensive batteries would no longer be needed.

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/technology/gadgets/a-hybrid-car-that-runs-on-air/article5733141.ece I saw some of the experimentation a couple of years ago, didn't know they were this far along. This car makes its debut in 2015. If successful it will be super technology in a small country with limited energy like France. New technology is coming faster every day and the possibilities are endless. I love new technology, just when people think they have everything figured out their thinking is made obsolete with change.

stevie
03-06-2014, 01:43 PM
I would like one of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUgsyYotLkQWho

Fishindinar
03-06-2014, 06:10 PM
I owned a diesel Citroen Berlingo that got 64 miles to the gallon and Citroen had a C4 that got 70mpg. So all these hybrids never impressed me at all.

Fishindinar
03-06-2014, 06:20 PM
http://srv2.betterparts.org/images/citroen-berlingo-first-electric-04.jpg This is like the one I had that got 64mpg, I only had to fill it twice a month and it wasn't even a hybrid.

explorerhot
03-06-2014, 07:45 PM
They won't let us have cars like that in the US. They want us to use more fuel, so they can collect more taxes. A few years ago I was watching Top Gear,UK version and Jeremy was driving a full sized 4 door Jaguar that was a v6 turbo diesel and he got over 50 mpg in a challenge they were doing. That was at lest 5 years ago.
As to what I will do when Warka resumes trading, I will let it ride.. since we can't get it out now anyway. If or when we are able to sell stocks and wire money back to the US, Warka will be operational again and if my Warka stock is valid then why sell it if Warka is back up trading. In 10 years I will be ready to retire and live out the rest of my life. It would be nice trying to figure out how to spend hundreds of millions.

millionairetobe71
03-07-2014, 06:27 AM
Private company. They don't receive any subsides or government funding. You can't even buy the stock. They have a web site. I've been watching them since they built their pilot plant in CA over 2 years ago. Its private industry or companies that innovate and produce for the future. Not the government. Its why Iraq will take forever to become a wealthy nation, Its government controlled by greedy politicians and religious nuts. They will offer a IPO in the future but not until they are in production and making money.

I agree with you regarding the amount of time that Iraq will take to get there. Is a royal pain in the rear end....however.... despite all the limitations and unpredictibilities, Iraq has great potential.

And is a potential that can't be ignored.

I have said, way way way back then, that at some point, those idiots will get tired of fighting each other for stupid stuffs. No country can forever fight with itself. I mean, think about this....how many times can you slap your self in the face with the left hand to then switch to the right hand to slap some more? and for how long?....

Well, is the same analogy.

Chinagirl posted some very interested article that brought my attention quickly and summarizes this investment....this is the link http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-29/yale-grad-trusts-in-bank-of-baghdad-to-help-deliver-iraq-returns.html

“Investors should look at the Iraq stock exchange because the headlines are going to scare away the vast majority of people,When the headlines do eventually go away, it’s going to be too late.” --- Dunia Frontier’s Stelma , Dunia Frontier Consultans

“The opportunities offered by Iraqi equities overshadow anything else we see in the world today.” Grant Felgenhauer, Euphrates

I do believe that IT will come around.....what I DON'T believe is that it will be tomorrow, or the next year or the year thereafter.....it will take some time....

In the meantime...I am looking up to my next venture.... The ERBIL STOCK EXCHANGE ......... It is supposed to come live in September or October of this year......

Bring it on babe....bring it on !!

MTB71

Screaming Eagle
03-07-2014, 02:23 PM
I agree with you regarding the amount of time that Iraq will take to get there. Is a royal pain in the rear end....however.... despite all the limitations and unpredictibilities, Iraq has great potential.

And is a potential that can't be ignored.

I have said, way way way back then, that at some point, those idiots will get tired of fighting each other for stupid stuffs. No country can forever fight with itself. I mean, think about this....how many times can you slap your self in the face with the left hand to then switch to the right hand to slap some more? and for how long?....

Well, is the same analogy.

Chinagirl posted some very interested article that brought my attention quickly and summarizes this investment....this is the link http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-29/yale-grad-trusts-in-bank-of-baghdad-to-help-deliver-iraq-returns.html

“Investors should look at the Iraq stock exchange because the headlines are going to scare away the vast majority of people,When the headlines do eventually go away, it’s going to be too late.” --- Dunia Frontier’s Stelma , Dunia Frontier Consultans

“The opportunities offered by Iraqi equities overshadow anything else we see in the world today.” Grant Felgenhauer, Euphrates

I do believe that IT will come around.....what I DON'T believe is that it will be tomorrow, or the next year or the year thereafter.....it will take some time....

In the meantime...I am looking up to my next venture.... The ERBIL STOCK EXCHANGE ......... It is supposed to come live in September or October of this year......

Bring it on babe....bring it on !!

MTB71Your join date is 2005 so one might suppose that you have been invested in Iraq for 9 years. Some have been invested since 2003. What you are saying is that it will take maybe 10 years more. Well I am 73 and waiting another 10 years for Iraq to bloom is a waste of my time. Suppose your investment was in a business, would you wait 10-20 years for a profit. Well your investment is a business and if it hasn't made any money in 5 years you can declare it a hobby. It is none of my business what others do with their money but the question was what I would do with mine. At 73 there are at least a million better prospects. I invested in Warka CD's. Cash deposits are suppose to be one of the safest investments on earth but the corrupt political environment in Iraq even made that investment as to this moment suspect. Iraq became a country in 1932 and has achieved little since. Its per capita income accounting for inflation and population is no better today than when the British first propose a Monarchy as its form of government. it seems that has been accepted by many in Iraq. Its a fact that if I had invested in Iraq as a foreigner when I was born 73 years ago that investment today would be worth 0. I doubt they will do much better in the next 10 years as they do not have a mindset for creating wealth but are more interested in a few hoarding what wealth exists.

millionairetobe71
03-07-2014, 06:43 PM
Your join date is 2005 so one might suppose that you have been invested in Iraq for 9 years. Some have been invested since 2003. What you are saying is that it will take maybe 10 years more. Well I am 73 and waiting another 10 years for Iraq to bloom is a waste of my time. Suppose your investment was in a business, would you wait 10-20 years for a profit. Well your investment is a business and if it hasn't made any money in 5 years you can declare it a hobby. It is none of my business what others do with their money but the question was what I would do with mine. At 73 there are at least a million better prospects. I invested in Warka CD's. Cash deposits are suppose to be one of the safest investments on earth but the corrupt political environment in Iraq even made that investment as to this moment suspect. Iraq became a country in 1932 and has achieved little since. Its per capita income accounting for inflation and population is no better today than when the British first propose a Monarchy as its form of government. it seems that has been accepted by many in Iraq. Its a fact that if I had invested in Iraq as a foreigner when I was born 73 years ago that investment today would be worth 0. I doubt they will do much better in the next 10 years as they do not have a mindset for creating wealth but are more interested in a few hoarding what wealth exists.

Yes, my join date is 2005, but I have been tracking the dinar way before that date. What would have happened if you invested in Iraq by the date you were born and cashed in before the war with Iran....would you still say zero?

SE, I understand your frustration with the investment. I get frustrated too. And I understand you don't have the luxury of time that a lot of people have in their hands. But that doesn't take away the huge opportunity that is being presented.

Iraq is undergoing a very radical transformation after decades at the hands of a tyrant. They are learning how to crawl, baby steps, baby walk, walk faster walk, run and then sprint.

I know because I was involved with their military training and it sucks how much they liked to take their time.....for everything except running away from an attack....at that...they are the Ussain Bolt version.....

We went through a similar situation here in the US in 1776. Who, at that time, would think we would become such as huge super power, capable of influencing, shifting and even changing the economic flow around the world?....it wasn't pretty much after the involvement in WWII that the US was viewed as such....citing the words of General Hiroshi Yammamoto, the general that ordered the bombing of Pearl Harbor.." I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant." and now, we are giants....

The iraqis are undergoing a similar transformation, they are learning how to crawl, how to baby steps, how to baby walk, how to walk, how to run and will eventually will learn how to sprint. They endured over 40 years at the hands of a tyrant, and they endured 8 long years of war with Iran.

They are learning, not as fast as we want them to learn, but they do understand their economic potential not only in the region, but globally, and that to me indicates that there is a hope.

Granted, anything can happen, and that "anything" can easily throw away all we would like to happen overthere.

I really would like to see a resolution of this investment more than anything, but if something I have learned after my 2 deployments to that country is that whatever they do, they do it at THEIR terms and would not happily do it at ours. In their thoughts, time is nothing but a state of mind or maybe not even that. So they will take their time doing whatever they feel they want to do regardless how long it will take to get there.

However, Kurdistan do understand their economic position since they have been far more successful than the rest of the country. I think that once the ESX opens up, it may become an eye opener to the rest of the country because if one thing the ESX wants to do, is take away companies from the ISX and have them signed up in the ESX. And I think that maybe that is what Baghdad needs to see happening in order to change dragging feet speed and get things done. And is not going to be much farther down the road for the ESX to open.

So I hope my friend, that God gives you plenty of years ahead of you, enough for you to be able to have a some enjoyment from the fruits of your patience.

MTB71

investindinar
03-08-2014, 04:43 AM
I think you're right on the money on all counts, MTB71. Iraq does have incredibly high potential over long run, and I'm expecting to see some of that potential blossom in the coming years. Just because things have been extraordinarily frustrating for everyone involved in this venture, doesn't mean that things can't turn around.

investindinar

Screaming Eagle
03-08-2014, 04:50 AM
Yes, my join date is 2005, but I have been tracking the dinar way before that date. What would have happened if you invested in Iraq by the date you were born and cashed in before the war with Iran....would you still say zero?

SE, I understand your frustration with the investment. I get frustrated too. And I understand you don't have the luxury of time that a lot of people have in their hands. But that doesn't take away the huge opportunity that is being presented.

Iraq is undergoing a very radical transformation after decades at the hands of a tyrant. They are learning how to crawl, baby steps, baby walk, walk faster walk, run and then sprint.

I know because I was involved with their military training and it sucks how much they liked to take their time.....for everything except running away from an attack....at that...they are the Ussain Bolt version.....

We went through a similar situation here in the US in 1776. Who, at that time, would think we would become such as huge super power, capable of influencing, shifting and even changing the economic flow around the world?....it wasn't pretty much after the involvement in WWII that the US was viewed as such....citing the words of General Hiroshi Yammamoto, the general that ordered the bombing of Pearl Harbor.." I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant." and now, we are giants....

The iraqis are undergoing a similar transformation, they are learning how to crawl, how to baby steps, how to baby walk, how to walk, how to run and will eventually will learn how to sprint. They endured over 40 years at the hands of a tyrant, and they endured 8 long years of war with Iran.

They are learning, not as fast as we want them to learn, but they do understand their economic potential not only in the region, but globally, and that to me indicates that there is a hope.

Granted, anything can happen, and that "anything" can easily throw away all we would like to happen overthere.

I really would like to see a resolution of this investment more than anything, but if something I have learned after my 2 deployments to that country is that whatever they do, they do it at THEIR terms and would not happily do it at ours. In their thoughts, time is nothing but a state of mind or maybe not even that. So they will take their time doing whatever they feel they want to do regardless how long it will take to get there.

However, Kurdistan do understand their economic position since they have been far more successful than the rest of the country. I think that once the ESX opens up, it may become an eye opener to the rest of the country because if one thing the ESX wants to do, is take away companies from the ISX and have them signed up in the ESX. And I think that maybe that is what Baghdad needs to see happening in order to change dragging feet speed and get things done. And is not going to be much farther down the road for the ESX to open.

So I hope my friend, that God gives you plenty of years ahead of you, enough for you to be able to have a some enjoyment from the fruits of your patience.

MTB71Thanks for your concern, however, frustration is not something I experience from investing. I have been investing my whole life and its just percentages, you win some and you lose some. My investment is in Warka CD's. I win if they pay, I lose if they go under. As for my life I doubt if many enjoy it as much as I do!! Most people doubt my age as I still work out 1-2 hours and run 4 miles a day. I take no medications and am in excellent health. I have no financial worries and retired 12 years ago. I am single, I like women and feel as good as I have ever felt in my life. However Iraq, Warka, or the ISX are no longer on my radar screen.

24mm exposed grid
03-08-2014, 09:31 AM
Thanks for your concern, however, frustration is not something I experience from investing. I have been investing my whole life and its just percentages, you win some and you lose some. My investment is in Warka CD's. I win if they pay, I lose if they go under. As for my life I doubt if many enjoy it as much as I do!! Most people doubt my age as I still work out 1-2 hours and run 4 miles a day. I take no medications and am in excellent health. I have no financial worries and retired 12 years ago. I am single, I like women and feel as good as I have ever felt in my life. However Iraq, Warka, or the ISX are no longer on my radar screen.

That is really excellent to hear, a persons health and happiness counts for so much more than anything else in life.

My father is a similar age to you and unfortunately isn't in such great shape, but you really do take out of these things what you put in, so very well done to you in looking after yourself so well.

ChinaGirl
03-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Thanks for your concern, however, frustration is not something I experience from investing. I have been investing my whole life and its just percentages, you win some and you lose some. My investment is in Warka CD's. I win if they pay, I lose if they go under. As for my life I doubt if many enjoy it as much as I do!! Most people doubt my age as I still work out 1-2 hours and run 4 miles a day. I take no medications and am in excellent health. I have no financial worries and retired 12 years ago. I am single, I like women and feel as good as I have ever felt in my life. However Iraq, Warka, or the ISX are no longer on my radar screen.

I am single, I like women ...

http://www.match.com/

Just trying to help . : ))))

Screaming Eagle
03-08-2014, 04:44 PM
I am single, I like women ...

http://www.match.com/

Just trying to help . : ))))I do all right just hanging around the gym and the local Friday and Saturday night dances.

Screaming Eagle
03-08-2014, 04:45 PM
That is really excellent to hear, a persons health and happiness counts for so much more than anything else in life.

My father is a similar age to you and unfortunately isn't in such great shape, but you really do take out of these things what you put in, so very well done to you in looking after yourself so well.Thank you, nobody can do it except yourself.

Sponson
03-10-2014, 03:11 AM
As soon as we can wire money back to the States, if ever, I'm selling all I can and bailing out. Cool planet sounds interesting...

haggisbasher
03-16-2014, 02:52 PM
I Think there will be no movement on Warka Bank till the dust settles down and blood letting in Iraq till after General elections are over ,
leading to a Liberised State of Kuristan for PUK & Arabs partitoned semi independent state using all drilled oil in Kurdistan to be kept by them also make own Oil deals.

This leading to agreement on the OIL & Gas law,think this has already been made By Barzni- Maliky Cental-Sadar Cenral Government in Baghdad.

Possibly Like the north agreement with Sadar's Basrah south they massive oil export ports terminal being partioned

And a Cenral state (Baghdad)Iraq will be a recognised Shia- Sunny-Kurdish divide,i think the deals have all been made.

A lot of $$$$$$$$ in Iraq is going to be changings hands soon between Malki is going to be re elected a third term its all been agreed by all parties involved.

This is the only peaceful solution and they all know it.
Wot do you think.??????

Will-it-happen?
03-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Maliki is back ???

Does that mean Warka is now dead ?

ChinaGirl
03-16-2014, 03:45 PM
I Think there will be no movement on Warka Bank till the dust settles down and blood letting in Iraq till after General elections are over ,
leading to a Liberised State of Kuristan for PUK & Arabs partitoned semi independent state using all drilled oil in Kurdistan to be kept by them also make own Oil deals.

This leading to agreement on the OIL & Gas law,think this has already been made By Barzni- Maliky Cental-Sadar Cenral Government in Baghdad.

Possibly Like the north agreement with Sadar's Basrah south they massive oil export ports terminal being partioned

And a Cenral state (Baghdad)Iraq will be a recognised Shia- Sunny-Kurdish divide,i think the deals have all been made.

A lot of $$$$$$$$ in Iraq is going to be changings hands soon between Malki is going to be re elected a third term its all been agreed by all parties involved.

This is the only peaceful solution and they all know it.
Wot do you think.??????

I thunk wat yu thinq

SEABEE CAN-DO
03-22-2014, 02:58 AM
I am selling off everything and closing my account.

tmorr37
03-22-2014, 05:30 AM
yup..........

ChinaGirl
03-22-2014, 11:09 PM
I am selling off everything and closing my account.

I'll mark you down as ... "undecided" http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/ffj/floorlaugh.gif

haggisbasher
03-31-2014, 06:50 PM
Am starting to think now of what damages have been done to my Warka Current Account & Portfolio has suffered due to the actions of the CBI,
as the per supreme Court Ruling, and
I rekkon that am due losses maybe 10 million IQD for every 100,000,00 IQD over 3 Years, thats 10% of my account . giving me damages from 30million IQD I am due from CBI in damages.
Also Damages to Portfolio Paid up share offers, giving notice of Any paid shares offers from ISX ..That's another 10% of portfolio value over three Years I recon that's another 30m IQD,
Just hope that the CBI pays up all obligations placed on it.
Who knows whats going to happen after elections over there,still a lot of blood letting too till we see Malikis successor.

ChinaGirl
04-01-2014, 12:32 AM
Am starting to think now of what damages have been done to my Warka Current Account & Portfolio has suffered due to the actions of the CBI,
as the per supreme Court Ruling, and
I rekkon that am due losses maybe 10 million IQD for every 100,000,00 IQD over 3 Years, thats 10% of my account . giving me damages from 30million IQD I am due from CBI in damages.
Also Damages to Portfolio Paid up share offers, giving notice of Any paid shares offers from ISX ..That's another 10% of portfolio value over three Years I recon that's another 30m IQD,
Just hope that the CBI pays up all obligations placed on it.
Who knows whats going to happen after elections over there,still a lot of blood letting too till we see Malikis successor.

April Promo. Free Rocket Launcher with every new account. Use Bonus Code: Warka8MY4TUNE

Will-it-happen?
04-13-2014, 02:17 PM
so , we got a date when warka coiming back online ?

Will it be after elections ?

buck74
04-13-2014, 04:41 PM
when are the elections scheduled for?

ChinaGirl
04-13-2014, 04:58 PM
when are the elections scheduled for?

Parliamentary elections are scheduled to be held in Iraq (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq) on 30 April 2014. The elections will decide the 328 members of the Council of Representatives (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_of_Representatives_of_Iraq) who will in turn elect the Iraqi President (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_Iraq) and Prime Minister (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_Iraq).

dinar_dude
04-13-2014, 05:15 PM
I agree completely about the Kurds and the ESX. Given the Kurds' propensity for security and more practical business terms than the Central government, I think the ESX could become a benchmark by which the rest of Iraq may try to emulate. I also think the influx of foreign banks into Iraq will provide the CBI and state banks with enormous competition that they will have to aspire to. Eventually, the GoI will begin to understand that all of the infighting and control are getting them nowhere, as they watch Kurdistan flourish. They will have to start asking themselves why. The problem with the current political apparatus is that they continue to blame each other from Maliki on down. The parliament is stagnant and still distrusts foreigners immensely (i.e. no oil or investment laws). Should the Kurds work out these deals, they will leave the central government in the dust.

MTB71

dinar_dude
04-13-2014, 05:25 PM
It still perplexes my as to how some other members on this forum are taking the obvious problems that we've had with Warka and project this onto the entire Iraqi economy problem set as a whole. I understand their frustrations, but look at the promising things that are happening. Aside from the obvious frustrations we've had, the Iraqis are pumping more oil each day, they are installing meters in Basrah to actually gauge what they are exporting in accordance with international laws, foreign banks are becoming more involved, Basrah and Umm Qasr ports are being prepped to become international points of trade and transit, the Kurds are standing up the ESX, the elections are working (imperfect yes, but at least they aren't killing each other like in 2004-2007), international firms look at Iraq with great hope and anticipation, they should begin to start seeing surpluses in wheat production soon - not only to feed Iraq but the Middle East.

None of these things took place under Saddam. There is more economic competition now. The country is out from under sanctions.

Yes, there are still a lot of problems, especially with a government that is corrupt. But it will take years to generations to replace this with more constructive leadership. I think they are already starting to move in this direction, albeit slowly.

Fishindinar
04-13-2014, 06:51 PM
I'm not sure if people realize that the Kurds have been fighting a civil war to become their own country.

Will-it-happen?
04-13-2014, 11:32 PM
If AL-Maliki stays in power is Warka screwed?

BatmaninIraq
04-14-2014, 12:08 AM
NO whatever may happen We will get paid

Will-it-happen?
04-14-2014, 01:13 PM
NO whatever may happen We will get paid

HMMM, i like your confidence, but whats to stop al-maliki simplying shutting down al-warka ?

BatmaninIraq
04-14-2014, 02:18 PM
HMMM, i like your confidence, but whats to stop al-maliki simplying shutting down al-warka ?

Even now He can't control the decision of CBI, and they lift the guardianship to AL WARKA, NOW we're just waiting for PAY DAY....

mike032588
04-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Even now He can't control the decision of CBI, and they lift the guardianship to AL WARKA, NOW we're just waiting for PAY DAY....

Just got news.... warka won the damages case... stay tunned for news shortly out of warka... im hearing 1.2 BILLION DOLLARS not DINAR

dinar_dude
04-15-2014, 08:00 PM
Mike, I hope you're right.

dinar_dude
04-15-2014, 08:04 PM
I thought we knew they had won the damages case, the question is when the CBI would initiate repayment to Warka for damages, and in what amount..and hopefully that day will come soon. I think a lot of the complaints that have been registered on this site about Warka have stemmed from its lack of operational funds. It's probably operating on a skeleton crew to keep the bank running while waiting on word for this. Fingers crossed.

Just got news.... warka won the damages case... stay tunned for news shortly out of warka... im hearing 1.2 BILLION DOLLARS not DINAR

dinar_dude
04-15-2014, 08:08 PM
I think that Maliki could control the decisions of the CBI (he has a lot of political power), but the question we need to ask is why would he do that?

Yes, he is Shia, but there are a lot of much larger issues at stake here. If Maliki directs the CBI to fold Warka, Iraq would probably be hammered by the international community including the U.S. which has been encouraging investment for the last decade. It would be an immense political embarrassment for everyone, the U.S, UN, World Bank, and IMF.

If Maliki directed the folding of Warka, who would ever want to risk investing in Iraq again???

He would risk having every international investor walking away.

BatmaninIraq
04-15-2014, 08:25 PM
We will get paid first before RV comes..... they need to process this ASAP

lonelyintexas
04-15-2014, 09:05 PM
This is great news, can't wait to see some ink on this. Hoping for us all getting Warka fixed is soon to happen.
Thanks
LIT

HumbleGenius
04-15-2014, 09:34 PM
This is great news, can't wait to see some ink on this. Hoping for us all getting Warka fixed is soon to happen.
Thanks
LIT

I heard the same thing. All you will need to do is send 5k to warka so they process your claim. But don't act on my word. Keep waiting on bsmike6969 for more info.

(Somebody left the kitty pool gate open.)

mike032588
04-15-2014, 09:54 PM
I heard the same thing. All you will need to do is send 5k to warka so they process your claim. But don't act on my word. Keep waiting on bsmike6969 for more info.

fool.... id be wise to just ignore you so its obvious who the fool is... i just share what i hear... believe what you want... its part of the concept of what we here at the IIF believe....

seadesk
04-15-2014, 10:45 PM
fool.... id be wise to just ignore you so its obvious who the fool is... i just share what i hear... believe what you want... its part of the concept of what we here at the IIF believe....

Mike032588:

Thanks for sharing what you hear.

At different times myself, among others, have really appreciated your interaction here on the IIF.

Especially in Iraq the truth is illusive, obviously, but lets all keep sharing any information that we consider salient as honest people.

My best to you.

mannymendez
04-15-2014, 11:27 PM
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog saysFailure to report frozen funds complicates recoveryhttp://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/15/army-may-lose-millions-iraq-bank-failure-watchdog-/

ChinaGirl
04-15-2014, 11:32 PM

Is that the Hell(o) Kitty Pool you refer to ? Better get me one of these ....

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjJthzW2FJZYLOiT40sylf_I6liQA9u ltKvhm-A6E294Ux5rAv

ChinaGirl
04-15-2014, 11:40 PM
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says

Failure to report frozen funds complicates recovery

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/15/army-may-lose-millions-iraq-bank-failure-watchdog-/

The Pentagon is having problems getting money back... ??

“Since the Al-Warka Bank was placed in receivership in November 2010, the Army (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/army/) has been unable to readily withdraw cash,” said the Pentagon’s internal inspector general in a new report."

Obviously the CBI doesn't care who they P iss Off

HumbleGenius
04-16-2014, 12:20 AM

Sorry Willis. You know wacha talkin bout.

Any chance you want to post a link to back up your statement? Next time post your rumors where they belong and where the big kits dont play.

HumbleGenius
04-16-2014, 12:23 AM
Is that the Hell(o) Kitty Pool you refer to ? Better get me one of these ....

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjJthzW2FJZYLOiT40sylf_I6liQA9u ltKvhm-A6E294Ux5rAv

Your mind is more twisted than mine. Well done!!

HumbleGenius
04-16-2014, 12:49 AM
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says

Failure to report frozen funds complicates recovery

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/15/army-may-lose-millions-iraq-bank-failure-watchdog-/

Seems like a valid source. Assuming this is factual this is really bad news. DOD sat on this for 3 or 4 years. More ineptitude. I wonder if they tried emailing Mr. I? Maybe DOD is using comcast and their emails aren't getting through?

chakkarchee
04-16-2014, 03:05 AM

my observation after reading the article here

1. Dod is treating it as a complete bank failure
2. 1.2 BILLION DOLLARS not DINAR is actually dinar per article stating recovery of 1.1 million dollars approx billion dinar.
3. No news in light of quoted article coming from Warka any soon.

So knowing how bank fails I am considering totally at loss here, but than I have a lot of money tied up so I will continue to hope for something due to no knowledge of how things may end up in corrupted Iraq.

dinar shore
04-16-2014, 06:14 AM
Nothing is going to get better in Iraq until the Maliki clan is whacked permanently including the heads of his corrupt party. It is pathetic that Bush allowed a guy who is an Iranian sympathizer to be the head camel jockey in Iraq and then the clueless Obama abandons Iraq so the new version of al Qaeda can take over territory that our military fought and died to secure. I've been in this too long.

tmorr37
04-16-2014, 06:18 AM
The Clue for an Exit was when they abandoned the Worlds Largest Embassy.

Will-it-happen?
04-16-2014, 12:53 PM
my observation after reading the article here

1. Dod is treating it as a complete bank failure
2. 1.2 BILLION DOLLARS not DINAR is actually dinar per article stating recovery of 1.1 million dollars approx billion dinar.
3. No news in light of quoted article coming from Warka any soon.

So knowing how bank fails I am considering totally at loss here, but than I have a lot of money tied up so I will continue to hope for something due to no knowledge of how things may end up in corrupted Iraq.

Wheres the link showing the 1.2 Billion dollars info ???

ChinaGirl
04-16-2014, 01:35 PM
The Clue for an Exit was when they abandoned the Worlds Largest Embassy.

seems to be up and running ... do you know otherwise ?

http://iraq.usembassy.gov/

04-20-2014, 01:24 PM
The projected cost including capital cost is $1.25 gal. The fuel has already been tested in google cars and CA. They already have buyers that will infuse it directly into to their pipeline supply.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't biomass produce diesel and not gasoline?

Screaming Eagle
04-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't biomass produce diesel and not gasoline?You are wrong, gasoline, jet, diesel, kerosene, fuel oil and any other type of petroleum products can now be produced from biomass using bio fractionators. With bio fractionators petroleum products are now a renewable source of energy.

"Cool Planet Energy Systems Plans Bio-Refineries At Port of Alexandria And Natchitoches, Louisiana".

"Cool Planet Energy Systems began construction on the company’s first commercial-scale facility at the Port of Alexandria, one of three bio-refineries Cool Planet will develop in Louisiana. The second and third modular biomass-to-gasoline refineries will be built in Natchitoches, Louisiana (http://www.areadevelopment.com/stateResources/louisiana/), and at a site to be determined in Louisiana.

Cool Planet is investing $56 million in the Alexandria-based bio-refinery and will create 24 new jobs. When combined with the other two planned Louisiana facilities, the company will invest a total of $168 million and create 72 new jobs.

Governor Bobby Jindal (https://twitter.com/BobbyJindal) said, “With an established energy sector (http://www.areadevelopment.com/EnergyEnvironment/) that continues to provide global leadership, Louisiana also is paving the way for innovative energy projects, such as the micro-refineries Cool Planet Energy Systems is developing in our state. We’re proud that our state’s energy industry, outstanding business climate (http://www.areadevelopment.com/stateResources/louisiana/LA-climbs-economic-business-climate-rankings-2672825.shtml) and world-class workforce (http://www.areadevelopment.com/laborEducation/) are attracting the most innovative new projects in the industry. Cool Planet’s bio-refineries will provide tomorrow’s technology today to harness our renewable energy resources and supply advanced fuels to meet our nation’s growing energy demands.”

Cool Planet will harvest yellow-pine wood waste and forest byproducts to make gasoline at its initial commercial-scale facilities in Louisiana. The first facility will be located on 26 acres at the Port of Alexandria, and operations will begin in early 2015.

The bio-refinery at the Port of Alexandria will be capable of producing 10 million gallons of high-octane gasoline for blending at Louisiana refineries. The fuel will be compatible for use in existing vehicles on the road today. Cool Planet investors include BP, Google Ventures, Energy Technology Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and the Constellation division of Exelon.

“Today’s groundbreaking is an important step forward in our plan to aggressively commercialize Cool Planet’s technology,” Cool Planet Energy Systems President and CEO Howard Janzen. “We could not have picked a better location to build our first commercial facility and start transforming the nation’s fuel and food supplies.”

Using a proprietary process, Denver-based Cool Planet is also marketing biochar, a co-product of the refining process that can be used as an agricultural soil supplement to boost both water and fertilizer retention and reduce carbon released from crops. This process enables Cool Planet’s overall production cycle to be a carbon-negative process, meaning the project will achieve a net reduction of greenhouse gases.

Construction on the second bio-refinery at the Port of Natchitoches is scheduled to begin in late 2015, with a completion date in 2016. The third site is also scheduled to come online in late 2016 at a Louisiana site to be determined. By building micro-refineries with a capacity roughly 100 times smaller than a large oil refinery, Cool Planet can easily locate near concentrated biomass sources, reducing transportation costs and increasing efficiency. Those savings will enable the company to produce gasoline with a price that’s competitive with oil refineries".

“The Port of Alexandria is honored to join forces with Cool Planet (http://www.coolplanet.com/) at the forefront of a burgeoning renewable energy expansion in Louisiana,” said Port of Alexandria Chairman Byron Salazar. “The port and its resource partners, together with Central Louisiana Economic Development Alliance, and state and local government, have worked diligently to welcome this world-class company to Central Louisiana, with world-class technology, and world-class people. Cool Planet represents a truly transformative project for the port and will generate significant new jobs and economic activity in the community. Our goal is to help make Cool Planet’s first bio-refinery a huge success and a model for potentially hundreds more across the country.”

"Louisiana Economic Development (http://www.louisianaeconomicdevelopment.com/) began working with Cool Planet on potential Louisiana locations. To secure the project, Louisiana offered the company a competitive incentive package (http://www.areadevelopment.com/taxesIncentives/) that includes a $750,000 Economic Development Award Program grant to offset infrastructure costs, along with the services of LED FastStart. Cool Planet also is expected to utilize the state’s Quality Jobs and Industrial Tax Exemption programs. The City of Alexandria will provide gas, water, sewer and electrical upgrades, along with road improvements at the Port of Alexandria site".

“With a turning of the shovel at the Port of Alexandria, Cool Planet begins to change the nature of the energy business,” said President and CEO Jim Clinton of the Central Louisiana Economic Development Alliance. “Central Louisiana can begin to use terms like ‘green fuels and ‘carbon capture’ to describe things that happen in this region but reverberate globally. Today's movement of a small amount of earth represents quality jobs, greater wealth, economic diversification and a more technology-intensive business mix for our region. We look forward to the project's completion and its replication throughout Louisiana.”

Screaming Eagle
04-20-2014, 02:06 PM
Cool Planet: A Company That Makes Biochar And Gasoline

Every so often, one hears about a technology or start-up company that appears too good to be true. Most of the time they are just that, and you never hear about them again. The case of Cool Planet, however, may prove to be one of those memorable exceptions.
http://b-i.forbesimg.com/peterdetwiler/files/2013/12/cool-planet-energy.jpg (http://b-i.forbesimg.com/peterdetwiler/files/2013/12/cool-planet-energy.jpg) Image: Cool Planet

First, let’s start with the investors. Heavy hitters GE, Exelon, NRG, ConocoPhillips, BP, and Google are just some of the companies who have put money behind the venture. Then there’s the management team. These are serious players from the communications, finance, and fuels industries. The chief technology officer – Mike Cheiky – who came up with the company’s technology has over 50 patents, two World Economic Forum Energy awards, and has founded six start-ups.
So much for the bona fides, what does Cool Planet do? Well, they make gasoline from organic materials such as trees, grass, or corn cobs. The company can manufacture gasoline in modular plants, and their long-term goal is to produce it at $1.50 a gallon. Their first $50+million, 10 million gallon-per-year manufacturing facility is now being built in Louisiana.
But what may be even more important is the residual ‘waste’ that results from the creation of gasoline. That waste is essentially the carbonized remainder of the biomass they heat up, from which the vapors were extracted and liquefied into gasoline. This co-product is called biochar, and if you haven’t heard of it yet, you may well soon. Biochar is defined by the International Biochar Initiative (http://www.biochar-international.org/) (yes, there is such a thing; the IBI has 400 paying members from 34 countries) as “a solid material obtained from the carbonization of biomass.”
Biochar – when blended with soil – has the unique ability to vastly improve plant harvests while reducing the amount of water and fertilizer needed. According to the IBI, biochar also has appreciable carbon sequestration that is measurable and verifiable. Cool Planet’s biochar is the first product to be certified by the IBI.
I spoke to two executives from Cool Planet to find out more about the whole business, and what the company was up to. Mike Rocke, vice president for business development explained that because of the properties outlined above “We aren’t carbon neutral, we can be carbon negative.”
Here’s how the process works, according to Rocke:
We take any non-food biomass, we grind it up and then we use pressure and heat like mother nature does, and we do it in minutes versus years, to drive all the reactive gases out of the biomass. Then we take it through a catalytic column, and then out of that we get fuel – floating on water – and biochar.

Unlike ethanol – which is mainly produced from corn in this country – CoolPlanet doesn’t have to use food to make fuel. Rocke comments, “We could use all of the dead trees in Colorado with the beetle-killed wood, to avoid forest fires, and we could make fuel and biochar to help recover the land.”
In fact, U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack announced in November a grant of $9.8 million to the Colorado State University to work with Cool Planet in helping to convert some of the 42 million acres of diseased wood in western forests into fuel and biochar.

The process is flexible. It’s not just wood that can be used as a source of fuel “We can use any cellulose – switchgrass, for example or woody products like ligno-cellulose.” And the manufacturing plants are relatively flexible as well, since they can be built in a modular fashion, much smaller than the typical investments in the gasoline industry.
The plants are low capex – these are low cost units. They are eventually planned to go in cargo containers and you can ship them anywhere. Our Louisiana facility, which will be Cool Planet’s 1st commercial site, will cost $56 million and yield 10 million gallons a year in capacity. It will be ready by Q3 of 2014

The long-term goal is to scale manufacturing to get the plants into the $20 million range, and Rocke notes, “We should be able to put out gasoline at cost of $1.50 when we get to scale. We’ve already presold our fuel to the big majors to blend with existing fossil in order to lower their carbon footprint.”
In creating this mix of products, Cool Planet has faced more than one arched eyebrow. Rocke noted that one of the major oil companies initially looked at the fuel, which has been verified by independent research labs to be 99.98% the same as gasoline, and thought it was a traditional ancient hydrocarbon product.
They thought it was fossil because of the gas-chromatograph test and said ‘we’ll come back in two weeks and tell you where it was from’ (oil companies can test random samples and tell you what part of the world they originate from and their age). They came back and apologized because they had done a carbon 14 dating test and said ‘this is new.’ We said, ‘yes, we told you that.’ Then they responded – we can now tell you the fuel came from corn cobs.’

Rocke commented that the ability to create valuable biochar as an additional product was somewhat accidental. “Originally we were going to put this stuff back in the ground as coal. We didn’t know what we had with biochar.”
In the early stages of development, the biochar they created was actually killing the plants they tested it on. Then Cool Planet realized the trick was to actually apply less energy to the production process (called fast pyrolysis).
We use a minimal amount of energy – everybody else (other competitors) heats it up real hot and creates gases and reclaims the gas, but they tend to over-heat it. We use a minimum of energy and out comes this biochar at the end.

A number of approaches were necessary to get to the right outcome, with the input of agronomists, botanists, and microbiologists to optimize the impact on plants.
Rocke noted that there was a good deal of initial trial and error.
There has been a lot of work. The first time we created biochar three years ago we created a herbicide. We are now the first company certified the by Int’l BioChar Initiative. With this whole rhyzosphere, you need a symbiotic relationship between microbes and bacteria to fix nitrogen. You create cable-ready condos for microbes at the root level of plants. Not only do we have condo-ready move in, it comes with running water.

Rick Wilson, the executive responsible for the Cool Planet biochar operations, observed that the entire biochar industry is relatively new.
There have been a lot of false starts in marketing biochar. The product has to work every time, and that was not the state of the technology. We generally saw that people cooked biochar too high and it didn’t work very well.

Wilson noted thatMother Nature’s biochar is a forest fire.

A dead tree turns into a dead zone for a while, and then just takes off and the forest flourishes. All our IP came from looking at interaction with soil. If you overcook, you remove organic compounds that the microbes need. The function of biochar is to nurture symbiotic microbial populations. We discovered we need to not only do cooking right, but fix the chemistry before we put it in the soil. That’s the one-two punch that allows us to get pretty profound results 100% of time, not only in yields but faster growth rates. We tell farmers to reduce fertilizer use and water use by half."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterdetwiler/2013/12/11/cool-planet-a-company-that-makes-biochar-and-gasoline/

Screaming Eagle
04-20-2014, 02:08 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterdetwiler/2013/12/11/cool-planet-a-company-that-makes-biochar-and-gasoline/

Cool Planet is focusing on higher value crops like strawberries – which are worth 40 times as much per acre as corn. The company is currently engaged in field trials in row and orchard crops in both California and Florida, and they are testing in dairy as well, where European experiments show that small amounts of biochar can improve the health of animals while increasing milk output.
The company put me in touch with David Holden, an expert in agricultural field development research with a very long, 40- year resume, to discuss the results of the field trials to date. Holden is your quintessential cautious and understated researcher. He has to be, since he runs 120-140 agricultural trials every year on different products and applications, and people rely on him for accuracy and reliability.

Holden indicated that he first started trials of biochar in California in late May, on tomatoes and peppers, with strawberries and celery to come next. Applying a rigorous process “to avoid the possibility of cherry-picking the data,” he’s looked at biochar applications with normal fertilizer levels, as well as levels reduced by 20% and 40%. Likewise, he has tested with traditional applications of water, as well as applications reduced by 20% and 40%. He observed plant growth, nutrient uptake, soil depletion, and general levels of plant response. And so far, Holden has been impressed. He noted that with the biochar, a number of trials demonstrated higher than standard yields even with reduced fertilizer and water use. He also spoke like a true scientist. “With this early data, I would say that it was ‘significantly beneficial’ when we used the biochar.” Holden also commented “I would just say from a general perspective that I am impressed with the due diligence they (Cool Planet) are applying in developing the data for their product.”
So, while it’s still relatively early days for Cool Planet, things look pretty good to date. They are building their first modular gasoline plant in Louisiana, and they are still undertaking their field trials in California, and so far the results appear promising. The economic value associated with fuel production may be quite significant. And the value of the biochar could have profound implications as well. Holden insinuated that if the data continue to be positive, the economic opportunity could be immense just in this country alone. “In the US, we are the best in the world at producing food. Farmers don’t waste money, and they know what they are doing. If they see benefit in this, they will spend the money.”

Screaming Eagle
04-20-2014, 02:14 PM
Cool Planet Expands Management Team, Names Jan Thijssen as Chief Technology Officer
Respected industry expert joins company’s leadership team to focus on commercialization of disruptive technology and continued innovation
April 14, 2014 08:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cool Planet Energy Systems, the company bringing carbon-negative technology to the world’s energy, agriculture and water management industries, announced today that Dr. Jan Thijssen has joined the company as Chief Technology Officer. During his career, Thijssen has advised governments and Fortune 500 companies in the oil and gas, materials and utility industries in North America, Europe, and Asia. Working with some of the world’s leading financial institutions, Thijssen has analyzed and evaluated more than a hundred emerging energy companies and biobased product companies.
"Jan’s decision to join Cool Planet, after leading due diligence assessments for the world’s premier financial investors and energy companies, made him the perfect choice for Chief Technical Officer"
"Jan Thijssen is widely recognized and respected as an expert in emerging technologies across the energy and biofuel industries," said Howard Janzen, CEO of Cool Planet. "It is noteworthy that Jan has spent much of his career analyzing many of the companies and technologies that make up the clean tech sector, and he has chosen to join Cool Planet. Jan’s deep experience in the assessment and commercialization of innovative technologies will be invaluable, as we roll out our products to new global markets."
Thijssen holds a doctorate in chemical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a master’s degree in mechanical engineering from the Delft University of Technology. He is a member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, the Society of Automotive engineers and the Royal Institute for Engineers (KiVI). During his career, the majority of his work has focused on assessing technology and evaluating risk, scale-up risk, and technology competitiveness.
"Jan’s decision to join Cool Planet, after leading due diligence assessments for the world’s premier financial investors and energy companies, made him the perfect choice for Chief Technical Officer," said Archie Dunham, Cool Planet board member and former chairman of ConocoPhillips.

Screaming Eagle
04-20-2014, 02:16 PM
ConocoPhillips.
Thijssen will be leading the Cool Planet Research and Development organization that is based in Camarillo, CA, as it continues to advance and deploy the company’s technology at commercial scale.
"After more than a decade of providing strategic direction and due diligence for industry and financial institutions investing in clean energy, I was drawn to the opportunity to join Cool Planet," said Dr. Jan Thijssen. "I’m impressed by Cool Planet’s business strategy and technology platform based on low-cost production in small-scale, distributed plants, combined with its unique product slate of drop-in hydrocarbon biofuels and proprietary CoolTerra™ biochar. This scalable approach holds the potential for Cool Planet to become a global leader in the renewable fuel business, while at the same time bringing significant benefits to our planet’s environment. The caliber of Cool Planet’s management team and technical advisors, and the competence of its staff are exceptional. I am truly excited to join Cool Planet’s team and help drive its innovative technology forward to realize its full commercial potential."
About Cool Planet
Cool Planet is commercializing a technology to create green fuels and biochar in a way that can change the world for good. The company’s green fuels are chemically identical to fossil fuels, and its CoolTerra™ biochar-based product increases crop productivity and promotes more robust plant health while reducing fertilizer and water requirements. The process is capable of being carbon-negative, reversing the consequences of CO
2build-up from fossil fuels. Cool Planet’s technology has a broad portfolio of pending and granted patents. Global investors include BP, Google Ventures, Energy Technology Ventures (GE, ConocoPhillips, NRG Energy), and the Constellation division of Exelon.
Connect with Cool Planet on Facebook at facebook.com/CoolPlanetEnergySystems, on Twitter at twitter.com/CoolPlanetFuels and atwww.coolplanet.com.
Contacts
Cool Planet Energy Systems Josh Howell, +1-303-221-2029 media@coolplanet.com

ChinaGirl
04-20-2014, 03:04 PM
I started using this calculation for friends and family considering investments in low med and high risk ventures.

Low Risk = GIC / Bonds/ TBills etc. = Factor of 1-5 (based on term and Backing) (50 - 100% % of portfolio - age based)
Med. Risk = Stocks (Blue Chip) Copper / Silver / Gold mining stocks etc. Some tech. etc. etc. - Factor 6-20 (based on co. research) (10-40 % of portfolio - age based)
High Risk = Startups / Penny Stocks / Emerging Markets (Iraq etc.) - Factor 21-30 (based on research / stability) (no more than 10% of portfolio / age based)

Then we take the age into consideration and life expectancy.

For example, avg. life expectancy in the US is approx. 78 years. (you can go into more detail, male vs. female, but we start here)
https://www.google.ca/#q=average+life+expectancy+usa

If your age is say 55 and the risk factor is sitting at 30 (Iraq / emerging markets / IPO / New Venture SX) my friend / family member is discouraged from participating in that particular market at any level. 55 + 30 = 85 - exceeds benchmark of 78

Yes.. I realize the rule of thumb is older = less risk ... but this puts it into better perspective for people. (i.e. you will likely be long gone before experiencing a return)

I encourage all of them to do their own research.

You can manipulate and alter the factors to suit your own needs but we have found this a good starting point that has worked well - so far so good.

All the best.

CG