PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get in the ESX trading

millionairetobe71
03-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Greetings members of the forum....

I've been looking to begin investing in the Erbil Stock Exchange. To do that, I want to transfer the current monetary holdings in Warka and transfer to a broker in Erbil.

If anyone knows the "how-to" transfer from Warka to another broker, I will appreciate if the informations is shared. In addition, if anyone knows of a reputable broker in Erbil in which I can make contact and gert ready for when the ESX opens, I will appreciate your information. I want to keep my current stocks in the ISX though......but the bank deposits I want to transfer....

I believe that the opportunity to invest in Erbil will be a once in a lifetime experience. They won't have the platform ready until the end of the year, or it could also be begining next year....but I want to be ready for it.

For some folks, the ISX has been a good experience, for others, it has been negative, for others it has been "so-so". For me, it has been good, I hasn't lost money and actually made it good. But I think that Erbil do presents better opportunities for us than the ISX. Kurdistan is positively exploding with new business and stability, and a myriad of investments that I think, it makes it attractive.

So please, feel free to drop in your .02 cents and share your information....

MTB71

calstar
03-30-2014, 08:47 PM
MTB, I'm looking forward to doing this too. Thanks for the post.

millionairetobe71
03-30-2014, 08:52 PM
MTB, I'm looking forward to doing this too. Thanks for the post.

You'r welcome bro"...hopefully someone with first hand knowledge will post something that will assist us in establishing an account that will lead with tradings in the ESX....

MTB71

40plus
03-31-2014, 04:33 AM
My understanding is that the only way to get money out of Warka currently is to instruct them to purchase stocks in your good name with the cash, then have an outside broker request a transfer of your account to the new brokerage. Once the stocks transfer, you can sell them through the new broker and reinvest as desired.

millionairetobe71
03-31-2014, 04:49 AM
My understanding is that the only way to get money out of Warka currently is to instruct them to purchase stocks in your good name with the cash, then have an outside broker request a transfer of your account to the new brokerage. Once the stocks transfer, you can sell them through the new broker and reinvest as desired.

That sounds like a pain in the royal behind......but if that is the only way to do it, then that is what I will need to do....

MTB71

HumbleGenius
03-31-2014, 03:09 PM
That sounds like a pain in the royal behind......but if that is the only way to do it, then that is what I will need to do....

MTB71

They will not purchase stocks for you either. Your account is frozen whether some people want to realize it or not. The only actions they take are ones that will put money into your acoount like a deposit or a stock sale. Dont plan on seeing the warka money any time soon if ever.

HumbleGenius
03-31-2014, 03:20 PM
They will not purchase stocks for you either. Your account is frozen whether some people want to realize it or not. The only actions they take are ones that will put money into your acoount like a deposit or a stock sale. Dont plan on seeing the warka money any time soon if ever.

Your only option at present time is to open a new isx account w a different broker and for those shares that are IN YOUR GOOD NAME and NOT proxy you can transfer them to the new broker account, sell them and withdraw the funds.

millionairetobe71
04-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Your only option at present time is to open a new isx account w a different broker and for those shares that are IN YOUR GOOD NAME and NOT proxy you can transfer them to the new broker account, sell them and withdraw the funds.

That would be a problem because the shares are Proxy. I want to open an account with a different broker, that is for sure, but I need to figure out a way to get it done.

Also, if someone on this forum has a good broker that can do business in Erbil ,please let me know...

MTB71

dinar_dude
04-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Agreed. I'd like any information anyone has on this as well.

The atmosphere that exists in Kurdistan (business-friendly with much better travel access to the EU and the world; better stability; a greater sense of get-it-done than exists in the Iraqi central government; and less roadblocks and red tape that exist in the COR) are some great reasons to get involved in this exchange.