PDA

View Full Version : The Iraq Stock Exchange Upgrades to NASDAQ OMX's X-Stream Technology

Will-it-happen?
05-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Must be happening anytime now

http://ir.nasdaqomx.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=774435

ChinaGirl
05-11-2014, 08:20 PM

Nice... did not see that coming.

Article 2013 but.... "The upgrade is expected to be rolled out by mid-year 2014."

Will-it-happen?
06-02-2014, 05:45 PM
ok

we officially Mid-2014

oldskiier
06-03-2014, 12:28 AM
Last I seen it was to go live July !!! :)

Mr. Rbaya said, “We’re looking to have more than one financial center in Iraq. Maybe in the future we will also look at setting up an exchange in Basra.”
Rubaye is also preparing to tackle an issue that has dogged the ISX since its establishment in 2004. “Once we have gone live with our new Nasdaq trading platform in July, we’re going to invite foreign banks to submit their proposals to operate as a custodian.” The lack of a custodian is viewed as the biggest hurdle to expanding the exchange and attracting foreign investors. Aside from political risk, they are also concerned about third-party risk in the absence of custodian services.

"So I’m hopeful that a custodian will be appointed and once it has, I wouldn't be surprised if it led to a 300% re-rating in the market, because there will be a huge wall of money hitting Iraq.""

http://www.iraqdirectory.com/en/2014/05/21/27182/drastic-changed-ahead-for-iraqi-stock-exchange.aspx

ChinaGirl
06-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Probably Warka's downfall, this method should be applied to banks as well... Then again. HSBC came and went ...

"The lack of a custodian is viewed as the biggest hurdle to expanding the exchange and attracting foreign investors. Aside from political risk, they are also concerned about third-party risk in the absence of custodian services."

Will-it-happen?
06-05-2014, 07:28 PM
The ISX ( and NASDAQ) are giving the impression that either :

a) Nothing will happen at all

OR

b) The ISX will utilise NASDAQ's technologies and larger organisations will get in first enjoying 100x returns on their investments , leaving the poor man in the street to pick up what scraps are left over

oldskiier
06-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Not sure what you mean....the articles about this happening this next month say they expect the ISX to maybe go as high as 300% ..and as far as poor folks on the streets ...?? well the ones playing the ISX in Iraq right now I'm sure are up to speed .... keeping fingers crossed this will be our first big move....and I for one think if this does happen.... it could be the start to the "Exploding" reaching " Stratospheric Levels" we have heard about for years :) ...JMHO :)

pirata
06-05-2014, 11:53 PM
I Would like to know if anybody call Mr Ryan Wells in NY and ask for references,becuase I did call him and did not like my answer at all!!

oldskiier
06-06-2014, 02:51 AM
I Would like to know if anybody call Mr Ryan Wells in NY and ask for references,becuase I did call him and did not like my answer at all!!

WHAT..? are you talking about ?... What answer did you get.................?????

ChinaGirl
06-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Not sure what you mean....the articles about this happening this next month say they expect the ISX to maybe go as high as 300% ..and as far as poor folks on the streets ...?? well the ones playing the ISX in Iraq right now I'm sure are up to speed .... keeping fingers crossed this will be our first big move....and I for one think if this does happen.... it could be the start to the "Exploding" reaching " Stratospheric Levels" we have hard about for years :) ...JMHO :)

"we have hard about for years"

OS is a closet Trekky ??

Kirk orders "one-hundred eighty degrees, hard about". We see the ship turn quickly to port, and it is only several seconds later that Kirk orders a reduction to "sub-warp speed".

ChinaGirl
06-06-2014, 06:03 PM
WHAT..? are you talking about ?... What answer did you get.................?????

I believe he/she is dabbling into the "Ryan Coke". Cocktails seem to be flowing well in here recently :)

pirata
06-06-2014, 07:15 PM
NDAQGCONTACT: NASDAQ OMX Media Contact:

Ryan Wells

(212) 231-5541 (office)

(646) 581-4286 (mobile)

Ryan.Wells@NASDAQOMX.com

Iraq Stock Exchange Media Contact:

Jimmy Afham Toma

+ 964 7703 995 610 (office)

info-isx@isx-iq.nethttp://media.globenewswire.com/cache/6948/small/3018.jpg I Did call this number 212-231-5541 Ryan Wells ,if any body else can call this person and find out the latest development related to this event and let us know. thank you all!!

Will-it-happen?
06-08-2014, 12:53 PM
According to this article :

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/interview-iraq-bourse-boss-taha-ahmed-abdulsalam-al-rubaye--552960.html?page=0

The NASDAQ connection is happening at the end of July amd the Erbil stock exchange goes live in Novenber 2014

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2014/04/04/erbil-stock-exchange-this-year/

Will-it-happen?
06-18-2014, 12:59 PM
only 6 weeks til we see the ISX on NASDAQ

ChinaGirl
06-18-2014, 01:23 PM
only 6 weeks til we see the ISX on NASDAQ

Wonder if "Qtrade" type trading platforms will carry it ? ... that would be awesome... a legit online way of buying /selling ISX shares.

Will-it-happen?
06-19-2014, 05:47 PM
I wonder if NASDAQ changed their minds about the ISX as nothing is being advertised anywhere....

oldskiier
06-19-2014, 10:20 PM
I think it will just be a quiet roll out... It's suppose to start some time in July... we will see !! JMO :)

oldskiier
06-19-2014, 10:24 PM
Wonder if "Qtrade" type trading platforms will carry it ? ... that would be awesome... a legit online way of buying /selling ISX shares.

I talked to Trade King..who I use .. and they said if it is on the NASDAQ OMX platform they most likely would ...so again we will see :) got my fingers crossed !! I'm really hoping if they do...I might be able to transfer my Proxy share from Warka to Trade King...??? Hope Hope !! :)

pirata
06-20-2014, 11:47 PM
I wonder if NASDAQ changed their minds about the ISX as nothing is being advertised anywhere....

I am afraid so,but I got my fingers cross!!!!!!!

Will-it-happen?
07-13-2014, 03:08 PM
2 weeks to go !!!

oldskiier
07-13-2014, 07:05 PM
2 weeks to go !!!

For what..?? was suppose to be the first of July !! and now with all the crap going on ... I wouldn't hold my breath :(

Will-it-happen?
07-30-2014, 04:11 PM
anyday now !!!

oldskiier
07-30-2014, 07:48 PM
ya think.... I hope so ..but with all going on who knows :(

Will-it-happen?
08-01-2014, 07:36 PM
did anything happen ?

1st August 2014 today !!

Will-it-happen?
08-04-2014, 09:46 AM
guess all this was one big wind-up

Will-it-happen?
08-28-2014, 06:33 PM
any time now, i can feel it

oldskiier
08-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Don't you think the locals would be buying up like crazy if they knew it was close... ??? and they are not :( ....... should be going up 10% everyday leading up to it !!

Will-it-happen?
08-31-2014, 06:00 PM
gone quiet an awful lot from ISX , Warka's ISX dept, NASDAQ and everyone else involved in the ISX

There is no mention anywhere of the NASDAQ in Iraq since last year (JUNE 2013)

The quiet before the storm ??

tipawin
09-01-2014, 12:33 AM
Isx website for the last month have been "execute international cross " on many companies the latest being iraq islamic bank

other banks and companies have been transferred with a 10-15% increase in value

isx went from 87.5 to 100 during this time

Will-it-happen?
10-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Nasdaq anyone??

oldskiier
10-04-2014, 10:19 PM
Nasdaq anyone??

LOL...really..??? I just hope it doesn't fall apart !!! ....... Not expecting anything great for some time now :(....

Will-it-happen?
10-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Has anyone had any contact with the NASDAQ ?

Will-it-happen?
10-10-2014, 07:14 PM

Anyone actually contacted anyone from the Nasdaq or the ISX ?

ISX Junkie using Aljazera
10-14-2014, 11:11 PM
from aljazera website

14 October 2014 . IMPORTANT NOTICE :
NASDAQ X-Streamtechnology will be implemented on the ISX from Sunday 26 October 2014 . The last trading session this week will be on Thursday 16 October 2014 . There will be no ISX trading sessions from Sunday 19 to Thursday 23 October 2014 .

Will-it-happen?
10-14-2014, 11:58 PM
from aljazera website

NASDAQ X-Streamtechnology will be implemented on the ISX from Sunday 26 October 2014 . The last trading session this week will be on Thursday 16 October 2014 . There will be no ISX trading sessions from Sunday 19 to Thursday 23 October 2014 .

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Will-it-happen?
10-15-2014, 12:15 AM
so all will be live on the 26th Oct (as fri and sat is their weekend)

No mention on the NASDAQ website tho

Will-it-happen?
10-15-2014, 12:17 AM
Oh

found this : http://www.isx-iq.net/isxportal/portal/storyDetails.html?storyId=2179&type=2

oldskiier
10-15-2014, 06:14 PM
from aljazera website

WOW !! ...Is this really going to happen..?? .... well ... if it does just how many would be buying in this market... but on the other hand...there is truly "blood in the streets".... who knows.... hope it takes off :)

Will-it-happen?
10-15-2014, 08:52 PM
WOW !! ...Is this really going to happen..?? .... well ... if it does just how many would be buying in this market... but on the other hand...there is truly "blood in the streets".... who knows.... hope it takes off :)

Does this mean US brokers (and others) can now sell Iraqi stocks ?

Or is it just a technical update ?

dinar_dude
10-16-2014, 04:20 AM
This is great news.

oldskiier
10-16-2014, 07:16 PM
Does this mean US brokers (and others) can now sell Iraqi stocks ?

Or is it just a technical update ?

I have no idea !! I'm hoping the first part is true.... but not holding my breath !!! .... we will know on the 26th..... either way this has got to be good news.... todays trading was really good !!! looks like they are expecting something when it opens !!! :)

dinar_dude
10-16-2014, 07:47 PM
The Dubia bourse uses X-stream, and they list a couple of American firms on their site as brokerages (JP Morgan and Citigroup). It'd be great if the ISX would open up trading through firms like those.

dinar_dude
10-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Rubaye is also preparing to tackle an issue that has dogged the ISX since its establishment in 2004. “Once we have gone live with our new Nasdaq trading platform in July, we’re going to invite foreign banks to submit their proposals to operate as a custodian.” The lack of a custodian is viewed as the biggest hurdle to expanding the exchange and attracting foreign investors. Aside from political risk, they are also concerned about third-party risk in the absence of custodian services.

“The biggest challenge is the custody issue,” says Sadeer Munir, managing director of the Baghdad-based financial advisory firm Melak Iraq. “I can’t remember the number of times we have had discussions with investors about custody. Big institutions are shying away from the market, as they don’t have a custodian they can work with. Resolving that issue will serve as a big catalyst to growing the market. If you compare the size of the ISX to that of surrounding countries, it’s easy to see that it should be a lot larger.”

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2014/05/iraq-stock-market-outlook-achievements-challenges.html#ixzz3GL6JWt8r

pirata
10-17-2014, 12:02 AM
The Dubia bourse uses X-stream, and they list a couple of American firms on their site as brokerages (JP Morgan and Citigroup). It'd be great if the ISX would open up trading through firms like those.

I would like to know how many platforms the isx will be connected around the world and how is going to work?

thanks a lot!!:cool:

dinar_dude
10-17-2014, 11:21 AM
I would like to know how many platforms the isx will be connected around the world and how is going to work?

thanks a lot!!:cool:

I guess we'll find out later this month. In light of the ISIL activity in Iraq, I hope it won't retract from Iraq being able to entice a custodian bank to take charge. I read somewhere that a Kuwaiti bank offered, but lost track of where that went.

dinar_dude
10-17-2014, 11:24 AM
I don't think banks like Citi or JP Morgan decide to enter Iraq without long-term strategies, although I haven't seen anything on the prospects of them filling the custodian role. That's something they may start to advertise in their own timing. They would certainly make the best candidates if that is what they want to do.

Will-it-happen?
10-21-2014, 07:43 PM
I wonder if the ISX will get a new Nasdaq style website too ?

oldskiier
10-21-2014, 09:05 PM
I wonder if the ISX will get a new Nasdaq style website too ?

Should be an exciting Next Sunday.... I just hope it goes up as much as they have said....like 300% !!@$% that would be exciting !! All My "Pot" stocks are starting to go up..... 10-15% a day the this week !!! :) ..... Exciting
Times !!!

Will-it-happen?
10-21-2014, 09:32 PM
This added to the bottom of the original NASDAQ statement :

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about X-stream and NASDAQ OMX's other products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.

Never noticed that before

Will-it-happen?
10-21-2014, 09:33 PM

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about X-stream and NASDAQ OMX's other products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.

ah wait

maybe I am just getting excited and overexamining things now

oldskiier
10-22-2014, 02:49 AM

This is said at the bottom of every article about any companies doings in a stock reader.... not to lead you into buying based on the article ...:)

"forward-looking statements "

Sample: GreenLeaf Acquisition Expands Endexx’s Product Line Up,....................... (EDXC)

Disclaimer: Except for the historical information presented herein, matters discussed in this release contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. Emerging Growth LLC is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority, and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release

oldskiier
10-22-2014, 02:51 AM
When they talk about X-stream and NASDAQ OMX's other products and offerings. I get excited !! I don't care what warning they print ...LOL.... talk about an increase of up to 300% ... just is exciting I don't care who you are !!! :).....

oldskiier
10-22-2014, 02:52 AM
Mr. Rbaya said, “We’re looking to have more than one financial center in Iraq. Maybe in the future we will also look at setting up an exchange in Basra.”

"So I’m hopeful that a custodian will be appointed and once it has, I wouldn't be surprised if it led to a 300% re-rating in the market, because there will be a huge wall of money hitting Iraq.""

http://www.iraqdirectory.com/en/2014...-exchange.aspx (http://www.iraqdirectory.com/en/2014/05/21/27182/drastic-changed-ahead-for-iraqi-stock-exchange.aspx)

Will-it-happen?
10-22-2014, 06:50 PM
Could ANY Nasdaq approved broker buy/sell shares from the ISX ?

oldskiier
10-22-2014, 08:55 PM

This is the big question we are all wondering..... If So !! ,,,our ship has com in :)

dinar_dude
10-22-2014, 09:38 PM

I'm not sure, but wouldn't they have to be approved by the ISX or the SEC? The X-stream is just the platform the market is being traded on, not the authority to authorize ability to trade.

oldskiier
10-23-2014, 01:26 AM
I'm not sure, but wouldn't they have to be approved by the ISX or the SEC? The X-stream is just the platform the market is being traded on, not the authority to authorize ability to trade.

Yes ! all though, ISX people in Iraq think this will increase the foreign investment !! so ..how? I don't know :)

dinar_dude
10-23-2014, 09:42 AM
The articles mention a custodian bank as a key factor too.

dinar_dude
10-23-2014, 11:23 AM
"The lack of a custodian is viewed as the biggest hurdle to expanding the exchange and attracting foreign investors."

Will-it-happen?
10-26-2014, 10:54 PM
so nothing happened then with the NASDAQ upgrade ?

oldskiier
10-26-2014, 11:42 PM
so nothing happened then with the NASDAQ upgrade ?

NOTHING !!! in fact the web site didn't even work !!! LOL

Will-it-happen?
10-26-2014, 11:52 PM
hmmm

well looking foward to seeing Warka get relisted on the ESX

and my cash back

pirata
10-27-2014, 01:08 AM
hello; I just notice back at the isx main page the following message;

We are sorry,Price feed is not currently updated during seccion due to feed issue!!

Beside waiting for tomorrow anybody knows,what exactly this means?

thank you!!

Will-it-happen?
10-27-2014, 08:47 PM
hello; I just notice back at the isx main page the following message;

We are sorry,Price feed is not currently updated during seccion due to feed issue!!

Beside waiting for tomorrow anybody knows,what exactly this means?

thank you!!

It means that the fools who run the ISX cant tell their earholes from their 455h0l35 !!!

40plus
10-28-2014, 06:48 AM
It means that the fools who run the ISX cant tell their earholes from their 455h0l35 !!!

Considering they've been at war for decades, were never a banking or stock trading society, have been handed their a$$e$ by that Iranian thief Maliki for 9 years, AND ARE STILL AT WAR..I think they are doing a decent job of overcoming adversity. Patience is a Virtue, it may not be long now.

trusty
10-28-2014, 11:15 AM
How do we get the daily market reports now..Do we know if stocks are still trading?

trusty

dinar_dude
10-28-2014, 12:39 PM
The market has been up consistently, although in small increments, since the switch-over to X-stream:

http://www.isx-iq.net/isxportal/portal/homePage.html?currLanguage=en

Will-it-happen?
10-28-2014, 03:16 PM
How do we get the daily market reports now..Do we know if stocks are still trading?

trusty

try here www.rs.iq

Rabee website is very reliable

pirata
10-29-2014, 12:48 AM
Hello everyone;correct me if I am wrong,but 176 trades per seccion is a kind of low.usually, I see between 300-800 trades per seccion.
I believe that we are not 100% into the x-stream yet and the red message still in the main page of the isx also only 25 companies traded today.
thank you!

Will-it-happen?
10-29-2014, 10:17 PM
I wonder why the ISX never took the full NASDAQ package

http://www.nasdaqomx.com/

Would have made everything so much more streamlined

Will-it-happen?
10-29-2014, 11:43 PM
I wonder why the ISX never took the full NASDAQ package

http://www.nasdaqomx.com/

Would have made everything so much more streamlined

Maybe Warka will buy the ISX ?

why not ? they own shares in the ESX

dinar_dude
10-30-2014, 11:38 AM
The ISX's seen a steady rise this whole week, I'll take this over wild swings any day. Maybe this is the beginning of a sustained slow grow. Now we just need a custodian bank!
If we have 5 years to wait around for the currency reval, it'll give stock prices time to rise.

Will-it-happen?
11-01-2014, 11:33 PM
The ISX's seen a steady rise this whole week, I'll take this over wild swings any day. Maybe this is the beginning of a sustained slow grow. Now we just need a custodian bank!
If we have 5 years to wait around for the currency reval, it'll give stock prices time to rise.

It may be up but then again it cant go another lower (or maybe it can)

Is it just me or did nothing happen with the NASDAQ upgrade ?