PDA

View Full Version : What if Warka

chakkarchee
06-07-2014, 04:15 AM
I am pondering if Warka is even planning to come back to ISX with what ever they are left OR they are planning to go to Erbil exchange only in coming future and be totally out of ISX. So the question is what happen to our stock portfolio that is in ISX listed stocks and in care of Warka brokerage ?

oldskiier
06-07-2014, 07:23 AM
You're over thinking....lol hang in there... :)

haggisbasher
06-07-2014, 08:14 AM
I have been thinking that if Economy Bank who are now just put under guardianship by the CBI have a member of the world bank and reps. from the cbi trying to sort out their financial problems at this early stage,surly Warka Bank's must be in a advance stage to be sorted,and maybe just awaiting the new Iraqi primier signing of the CBI damages to get Warka Bank trading again,hopefully soon as Ramadan is not to far in the near future.

Also it looks like we are going to miss out on another telecom IPO,i don't know about you other investors but my Portfolio is now damaged to the point that I may just sell up and cash out and move on.
The CBI owe me tens of thousands of dollars in damages to my account,TIME to pay up CBI.

oldskiier
06-07-2014, 03:07 PM
"The CBI owe me tens of thousands of dollars in damages to my account,TIME to pay up CBI"

This is so true !!!!! :)

tmorr37
06-07-2014, 04:34 PM
They owe Millions to the US Military too

Will-it-happen?
06-07-2014, 07:37 PM
They owe Millions to the US Military too

me too !!!!!!!!!!!

HumbleGenius
06-08-2014, 02:34 PM
What about all the bad loans Warka apparently made? Blame the CBI? What about the higher than market/competitor interest rates being 'paid' (actually just posted). If we are under the belief Warkas issues incurred were all the fault of the CBI we should all hope the rock we are under doesnt shift.

Screaming Eagle
06-08-2014, 03:37 PM
What about all the bad loans Warka apparently made? Blame the CBI? What about the higher than market/competitor interest rates being 'paid' (actually just posted). If we are under the belief Warkas issues incurred were all the fault of the CBI we should all hope the rock we are under doesnt shift.Yes you can blame the CBI and politics as the audits showed and the courts agreed they were not insolvent but that CBI banks withheld funds that should have been transferred to Warka. The CBI failed in their duty to regulate banks.

ChinaGirl
06-08-2014, 08:55 PM
What about all the bad loans Warka apparently made? Blame the CBI? What about the higher than market/competitor interest rates being 'paid' (actually just posted). If we are under the belief Warkas issues incurred were all the fault of the CBI we should all hope the rock we are under doesnt shift.

Well said .. if ever there was ever a case to be made for "if it's too good to be true ..." Warka Bank has all the evidence one needs.

ChinaGirl
06-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Yes you can blame the CBI and politics as the audits showed and the courts agreed they were not insolvent but that CBI banks withheld funds that should have been transferred to Warka. The CBI failed in their duty to regulate banks.

Yes, and what surprises me is that some people are actually surprised that any of this has occurred - it was always highly likely that shenanigans were taking place, buyer beware was always the rule of thumb with dear old Iraq - I honestly find it bone chilling when I hear how much money some sent over there (10K ++) on a whim. I am in no way judging anyone - I have no right to. I just find it very hard to understand. Maybe it's all relevant ? I was willing to part with and lose up to 5K on this desert storm, and for some that may of been excessive ? As well, it "ain't" over yet - tomorrow's another day.

Screaming Eagle
06-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Yes, and what surprises me is that some people are actually surprised that any of this has occurred - it was always highly likely that shenanigans were taking place, buyer beware was always the rule of thumb with dear old Iraq - I honestly find it bone chilling when I hear how much money some sent over there (10K ++) on a whim. I am in no way judging anyone - I have no right to. I just find it very hard to understand. Maybe it's all relevant ? I was willing to part with and lose up to 5K on this desert storm, and for some that may of been excessive ? As well, it "ain't" over yet - tomorrow's another day.Its just money. Win some lose some which is why one diversifies. Certainly anyone that invests in a third world country is subjecting themselves to high volatility and high risk. Not for the faint of heart. However I took a flyer for ~ 50K knowing the risk for the prospect of high interest returns, and nothing to do with any RV which is a insane notion. I bet on a bank, that bank has failed to meet expectations regardless of the cause. However other investments have more than compensated for that loss. Its just business. the objective is to have more profits than losses or the alternative, a very safe investment with meager returns.