PDA

View Full Version : BIG NEWS ! **** Maliki Withdraws Lawsuit, Relinquishes Prime Minister Post****

oldskiier
08-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) An MP for the State of Law Coalition, Haitham al-Jubouri, said on Thursday that an agreement has been set between outgoing Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and Prime Minister-designate Haider al-Abadi, while noting al-Maliki will withdraw his lawsuit from the Supreme Federal Court.
Jubouri said in an interview for IraqiNews.com that “there was mediation between the brothers of the Dawa Party and outgoing Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and Prime Minister-designate Haider Abadi to resolve their differences.”
Jubouri added that “al-Maliki will withdraw the lawsuit he filed with the Supreme Federal Court regarding constitutional violations,” pointing out that “al-Maliki will hold a press conference with Abadi to announce the settlements and agreements.”
A leading figure in the Islamic Dawa Party, Salah Abdul Razzaq, revealed on Thursday that the nomination of Haider Abadi to head the new government was authorized by the Religious Authority and that Abadi subsequently received support from the Iraqi National Alliance to form a new government.
It is noteworthy that on Wednesday evening the Islamic Dawa Party called on all political blocs to cooperate with the Prime Minister-designate Haider Abadi and accelerate the formation of the new government, stressing the importance of concerted powers and blocs to set aside their differences.
On August 11, 2014 President Fuad Masum, officially appointed the leader of the State of Law Coalition Haider Abadi to form a government, which lead to a dispute over the legality of Abadi’s mandate since he was not an elected candidate for Prime Minister.

http://www.iraqinews.com/baghdad-politics/urgent-maliki-abadi-make-deal-maliki-withdraws-lawsuit-relinquishes-prime-minister-post/

dinar_dude
08-14-2014, 11:15 PM
Great news!

oldskiier
08-14-2014, 11:40 PM
Maliki says he rejected military force to hold power, will not return to government

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) The outgoing Prime Minister, Nuri al-Maliki, said on Thursday evening that he did not want any governmental position, stressing that he excluded the option of holding onto power through military force so as to avoid any return to dictatorship.
Maliki said, in a televised speech in the presence of the designated Prime Minister, Haider al-Abadi, and the members of the State of Law Coalition, that “I do not want any position in government. My position is your trust,” adding “I announce in front of you the withdrawal of my candidacy in favor of my brother, Haider al-Abadi, to facilitate the functioning of the political process.”
Maliki called on politicians to “use constitutional mechanisms to express their opinions,” noting that “he has ruled out the option of force from the beginning because he doesn’t believe in this option, which is no doubt will lead Iraq back to the reigns of dictatorship.”
Maliki declared his support for designated Prime Minister, Haider al-Abadi, and the withdrawal of the lawsuit he had brought against the President Fuad Masum through the Iraqi Supreme Federal Court.

http://www.iraqinews.com/baghdad-politics/maliki-rejected-military-force-hold-onto-power-will-return-government/

ChinaGirl
08-15-2014, 12:46 AM
Fantastic NYT reporting in...BAGHDAD —

Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki of Iraq said Thursday night that he had agreed to relinquish power, potentially ending a crisis in which his deployment of extra security forces around the capital had raised worries of a military coup.

Mr. Abadi, according to the constitution, has 30 days from the time of his appointment Monday to form a new government. During that time, Mr. Maliki remains the caretaker prime minister and the commander in chief of the military.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/15/world/middleeast/iraq-prime-minister-.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpSum&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

ChinaGirl
08-15-2014, 12:55 AM
So.. how long to clean up the mess he left and reverse engines ?? 3-6 months ?? and where is CBI and Warka on the Priority list with the new Gov. ? Top 10 I hope.

40plus
08-15-2014, 04:31 AM
So.. how long to clean up the mess he left and reverse engines ?? 3-6 months ?? and where is CBI and Warka on the Priority list with the new Gov. ? Top 10 I hope.

.........another ten years?

dinar_dude
08-15-2014, 10:02 AM
I think the best we can hope for in the short-medium term is that ISIL doesn't overrun Baghdad.

HumbleGenius
08-15-2014, 12:46 PM

Soon........

dinar_dude
08-15-2014, 01:07 PM
one of the other road blocks we're waiting on is a grid-locked and lazy COR to get its sh*t together. We need an oil law and investment law.

seadesk
08-15-2014, 06:05 PM
I think the best we can hope for in the short-medium term is that ISIL doesn't overrun Baghdad.

dinar-dude:

Absolutely correct.

oldskiier
08-15-2014, 08:04 PM

At this point ...not a chance !! :) JMO :)

baz
08-15-2014, 08:19 PM
[B]At this point ...not a chance !! JMO [/B

Dont take this the wrong way.....

But wasn't they're no chance of IS lasting more then a week or two....Over two months ago.
Wasn't they're no chance of them getting stronger...Only weaker.
Wasn't they're no chance of the US going into Iraq again...Have they?
Wasn't they're no chance of US troops being on the ground...They are.

Even the UK has just admitted we have had the SAS and the SBS in Iraq for the past good few months....But we are not going into Iraq again....So they said.

oldskiier
08-15-2014, 08:38 PM
[B]At this point ...not a chance !! JMO [/B

Dont take this the wrong way.....

But wasn't they're no chance of IS lasting more then a week or two....Over two months ago.
Wasn't they're no chance of them getting stronger...Only weaker.
Wasn't they're no chance of the US going into Iraq again...Have they?
Wasn't they're no chance of US troops being on the ground...They are.

Even the UK has just admitted we have had the SAS and the SBS in Iraq for the past good few months....But we are not going into Iraq again....So they said.

:) .... all of that is true.... :) ... BUT ! what was the chance Iraq would have had a New Gov. by now !!! MERICAL !!!!!! so at this point I think things will begin to turn around...and if All Iraq's unite the ISIS will have no chance If the US continues to do air strikes and supply weapons as they are doing now... ...!! JMHO :)

baz
08-15-2014, 08:52 PM
:) .... all of that is true.... :) ... BUT ! what was the chance Iraq would have had a New Gov. by now !!! MERICAL !!!!!! so at this point I think things will begin to turn around...and if All Iraq's unite the ISIS will have no chance !! JMHO :)

Love your thinking and what a positive way of looking at it, but sad to say this is the arab world and if they did agree on a new way of doing things today...Tomorrow they would disagree, just because they can.

dinar_dude
08-15-2014, 09:53 PM
A couple of the very positive signs are the Iranian and Saudi endorsements of the new PM. This is huge. The Saudis hated Maliki. It'll be interesting to see if, how they provide assistance or outreach to stabilize Iraq. Hopefully, the push-pull between Iran and Saudi in Iraq increases. That'd make the situation worse.

dinar_dude
08-15-2014, 10:00 PM
:) .... all of that is true.... :) ... BUT ! what was the chance Iraq would have had a New Gov. by now !!! MERICAL !!!!!! so at this point I think things will begin to turn around...and if All Iraq's unite the ISIS will have no chance If the US continues to do air strikes and supply weapons as they are doing now... ...!! JMHO :)

Don't get me wrong. I think this is a very promising beginning, there are just some short-term major concerns (i.e. security of Baghdad, Irbil, etc.) If Abadi can unify the Kurds and Sunnis, it would be positive long-term. He has (what?) about 20 more days to form a government. We may see some indications from the Sunni politicians showing their willingness (or reluctance) to work with him. I think the Kurds will be fully on board with him, given the dire situation near Irbil. Overall, I think this is a positive and a much-needed turn. Hopefully, we'll look back at this 10 years from now as the time when Iraq began maturing and developing into a regional economic powerhouse.

oldskiier
08-16-2014, 03:50 AM
This bothers me a bit..... Maliki is still leader of the State of Law Coalition, and seems to be happy to work with the new Prime Minister Now..??? seems a little to friendly to me.... Looks like this Gov. change might be in name only... :( ..... Just don't know.... how much different things will be :(

Maliki meets State of Law Coalition to support Prime Minister Abadi and formation of new government

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) On Friday evening the former Prime Minister and head of the State of Law Coalition, Nouri al-Maliki, confirmed his support for the designated Prime Minister, Haider Abadi, to form a new government, while a leader of the coalition, Khadair al Khozai, praised al-Maliki’s historic steps for Iraq.
The State of Law Coalition issued a statement today that “the State of Law held, today, a meeting chaired by its leader, Nouri al-Maliki with its coalition members and a number of other entities affiliated with it,” noting that “Maliki stressed the importance of the cohesion of the State of Law Coalition as the main nucleus in Iraq and ways to support the designated Prime Minister, Haider Abadi, in forming the next government. “
The coalition added “Hussain al-Shahristani spoke about the successes of the State of Law Coalition in exceeding all its problems due to the great sacrifice of Maliki.”

http://www.iraqinews.com/baghdad-politics/maliki-meets-state-law-coalition-support-prime-minister-abadi-formation-new-government/

ChinaGirl
08-16-2014, 02:13 PM
This bothers me a bit..... Maliki is still leader of the State of Law Coalition, and seems to be happy to work with the new Prime Minister Now..??? seems a little to friendly to me.... Looks like this Gov. change might be in name only... :( ..... Just don't know.... how much different things will be :(

Maliki meets State of Law Coalition to support Prime Minister Abadi and formation of new government

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) On Friday evening the former Prime Minister and head of the State of Law Coalition, Nouri al-Maliki, confirmed his support for the designated Prime Minister, Haider Abadi, to form a new government, while a leader of the coalition, Khadair al Khozai, praised al-Maliki’s historic steps for Iraq.
The State of Law Coalition issued a statement today that “the State of Law held, today, a meeting chaired by its leader, Nouri al-Maliki with its coalition members and a number of other entities affiliated with it,” noting that “Maliki stressed the importance of the cohesion of the State of Law Coalition as the main nucleus in Iraq and ways to support the designated Prime Minister, Haider Abadi, in forming the next government. “
The coalition added “Hussain al-Shahristani spoke about the successes of the State of Law Coalition in exceeding all its problems due to the great sacrifice of Maliki.”

http://www.iraqinews.com/baghdad-politics/maliki-meets-state-law-coalition-support-prime-minister-abadi-formation-new-government/

Maybe Maliki did some research over the last few days.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.Sun-tzu (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Sun-tzu/)
Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC)

HumbleGenius
08-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Maybe Maliki did some research over the last few days.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.Sun-tzu (http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Sun-tzu/)
Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC)

The old medvedev putin switcharoo.

And 'glad Iran supports the new PM'. I am sure that is going to work out real good for us. LMAO.

oldskiier
08-16-2014, 10:44 PM
The old medvedev putin switcharoo.

And 'glad Iran supports the new PM'. I am sure that is going to work out real good for us. LMAO.

Yeah Just Great !!! LOL..... But this sounds good... he really might be all the way out :)...sounds like he wants to Retire :) " vowed not return to government (http://www.iraqinews.com/baghdad-politics/maliki-rejected-military-force-hold-onto-power-will-return-government/)."

Maliki refuses government position with State of Law Coalition in Parliament

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) The State of Law Coalition announced on Saturday that the head of the coalition, Nouri al-Maliki refused to accept any government position in the next term, pointing out that “the leaders of the State of Law Coalition nominated Maliki as the president of the coalition in Parliament.”The MP for the State of Law Coalition, Awatif Naima said that “The State of Law held a meeting, chaired by the head of the of the Alliance, Nouri al-Maliki in the presence of the designated Prime Minister, Haider al-Abadi, and all the leaders of the coalition,” noting that “the meeting did not mention any details about the mechanism for distributing ministerial portfolios. “
Maliki declared on Thursday (14 August 2014) his support for designated Prime Minister, Haider al-Abadi, and the withdrawal of the lawsuit he had brought against the President Fuad Masum through the Iraqi Supreme Federal Court. (http://www.iraqinews.com/baghdad-politics/urgent-maliki-abadi-make-deal-maliki-withdraws-lawsuit-relinquishes-prime-minister-post/)
On the night Maliki announced his withdrawal from the post of Prime Minister, he " vowed not return to government (http://www.iraqinews.com/baghdad-politics/maliki-rejected-military-force-hold-onto-power-will-return-government/)."

http://www.iraqinews.com/baghdad-politics/maliki-refuses-government-position-state-law-coalition-parliament/

oldskiier
08-16-2014, 10:49 PM
This from the Biggest Sponsor of Terrorism ???? REALLY.....??? Go figure.... Maybe Iran is turning over a new leaf ...LOL NOT !!! But I sure sounds good :)

http://d3dyqb2m69ozbp.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/img_from_extracter/iran-describes-recent-political-updates-in-iraq-as-quot-unique-opportunity-quot.jpg

Baghdad(IraqiNews.com) Iranian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham on Saturday renewed Iranˈs all-out support forIraqinational sovereignty and territorial integrity.
Referring to the peaceful transition of power inIraq, Afkham described, in a statement received by IraqiNews.com, recent developments inIraqas a unique opportunity for the Iraqi nation.
She said the democratic measures taken by Iraqi officials in recent days indicate the progress of democracy in the country and the moving towards improvement of the current situation.
The spokeswoman hailed the role of religious leaders and all the political parties in recent developments inIraq.
She urged all political parties in the country to make contributions to Iraqˈs democratic process and to help the formation of the new government inBaghdad.

She also called on the Iraqi government and nation to strongly fight against terrorism and restore security. /End/

oldskiier
08-16-2014, 10:51 PM
This from the largest sponsor of Terrorism ...??? Really ??? Maybe Iran is turning over a new leaf !! LOL NOT ! ............... But sure sounds good :)
http://d3dyqb2m69ozbp.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/img_from_extracter/iran-describes-recent-political-updates-in-iraq-as-quot-unique-opportunity-quot.jpg

Baghdad(IraqiNews.com) Iranian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham on Saturday renewed Iranˈs all-out support forIraqinational sovereignty and territorial integrity.
Referring to the peaceful transition of power inIraq, Afkham described, in a statement received by IraqiNews.com, recent developments inIraqas a unique opportunity for the Iraqi nation.
She said the democratic measures taken by Iraqi officials in recent days indicate the progress of democracy in the country and the moving towards improvement of the current situation.
The spokeswoman hailed the role of religious leaders and all the political parties in recent developments inIraq.
She urged all political parties in the country to make contributions to Iraqˈs democratic process and to help the formation of the new government inBaghdad.

She also called on the Iraqi government and nation to strongly fight against terrorism and restore security. /End/

HumbleGenius
08-16-2014, 10:55 PM
I actually think he is gone also. All in all a good thing. Of course it cant be any worse.