PDA

View Full Version : Standard Chartered has been banned from opening US dollar bank accounts without expli

English Bob
08-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Prosecutors are simply lawyers gone really bad and enjoy their power without comprehending the full depth of their actions. The sanctions against Standard Chartered are insane and this will drive more and more banks away from using the dollar in international transactions. It is the prosecutors who are setting the stage for the new one-world reserves currency.
Standard Chartered has been banned from opening US dollar bank accounts without explicit approval by US regulators, according to an article in The London Times. The bank has seen severe restrictions imposed on it, after US officials warned that the bank may be “a conduit for illegal transactions,” the report says. The bank has also been forced to cease US dollar clearing through its NY branch for “high-risk retail business clients,” the Times reports.

For full story http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/08/21/death-of-the-dollar/

ChinaGirl
08-22-2014, 12:49 PM
[QUOTE=English Bob;27718]Prosecutors are simply lawyers gone really bad and enjoy their power without comprehending the full depth of their actions. The sanctions against Standard Chartered are insane and this will drive more and more banks away from using the dollar in international transactions. It is the prosecutors who are setting the stage for the new one-world reserves currency.
Standard Chartered has been banned from opening US dollar bank accounts without explicit approval by US regulators, according to an article in The London Times. The bank has seen severe restrictions imposed on it, after US officials warned that the bank may be “a conduit for illegal transactions,” the report says. The bank has also been forced to cease US dollar clearing through its NY branch for “high-risk retail business clients,” the Times reports.

************************************************** *****************************

Yes, such a fine upstanding back ... how dare they.. Looks like Warka Part II - coincidence ?? - I'm sure Bunnia is floating around in this story of old and new somewhere ...

What was Standard Chartered accused of?
Standard Chartered was accused of helping Iran avoid American sanctions by concealing $250 billion worth of transactions over nearly 10 years, according to banking regulators in New York.

The New York State Department of Financial Services accused the London-based banking group of concealing 60,000 transactions with Iranian clients, including the Central Bank of Iran, from 2001 to 2010. The department says there is also evidence of similar schemes to conduct business with other U.S.-sanctioned countries such as Libya, Myanmar and Sudan.

London (CNN) -- Standard Chartered, a British banking giant, has paid $340 million to settle allegations it was involved in money laundering for Iranian clients (http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2012/08/14/standard-chartered-settlement/?iid=HP_LN).

http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2012/08/14/standard-chartered-settlement/?iid=HP_LN

40plus
08-26-2014, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=English Bob;27718]Prosecutors are simply lawyers gone really bad and enjoy their power without comprehending the full depth of their actions. The sanctions against Standard Chartered are insane and this will drive more and more banks away from using the dollar in international transactions. It is the prosecutors who are setting the stage for the new one-world reserves currency.

************************************************** *****************************

Yes, such a fine upstanding back ... how dare they.. Looks like Warka Part II - coincidence ?? - I'm sure Bunnia is floating around in this story of old and new somewhere ...

What was Standard Chartered accused of?
Standard Chartered was accused of helping Iran avoid American sanctions by concealing $250 billion worth of transactions over nearly 10 years, according to banking regulators in New York.

The New York State Department of Financial Services accused the London-based banking group of concealing 60,000 transactions with Iranian clients, including the Central Bank of Iran, from 2001 to 2010. The department says there is also evidence of similar schemes to conduct business with other U.S.-sanctioned countries such as Libya, Myanmar and Sudan.

London (CNN) -- Standard Chartered, a British banking giant, has paid $340 million to settle allegations it was involved in money laundering for Iranian clients (http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2012/08/14/standard-chartered-settlement/?iid=HP_LN).

http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2012/08/14/standard-chartered-settlement/?iid=HP_LN

You assume that Warka is involved with Standard Charter's nefarious activities. My take on it was that Warka did NOT want to work with them, therefore Maliki went after Warka/Bunnia because they weren't playing with the team.

ChinaGirl
08-27-2014, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=ChinaGirl;27719]

You assume that Warka is involved with Standard Charter's nefarious activities. My take on it was that Warka did NOT want to work with them, therefore Maliki went after Warka/Bunnia because they weren't playing with the team.

Sure... anything is possible at this point. The CBI has to come clean eventually - they either tidy up Warka's mess (which apparently the CBI created) or they rat out Bunnia and say "hey, we are partially to blame but Bunnia ran off with all the deposits - and, may of set up shop with Standard ..so we're not subsidizing that fiasco" ...time will tell.

Brazileiro
08-27-2014, 11:34 PM
ChinaGirl, you have been spouting these accusations for awhile now without 1 single piece of evidence,,,

ChinaGirl
08-28-2014, 12:19 AM
ChinaGirl, you have been spouting these accusations for awhile now without 1 single piece of evidence,,,

It's an "opinion", and like yours, I'm entitled to it

ChinaGirl
08-28-2014, 12:27 AM

Assumption: What if the US knows this (SC) is where all the Warka deposits went ? Including the missing US Military Millions - is this a form of retaliation ? Until they get their money returned ? Just thinking out loud.

Brazileiro
08-28-2014, 03:35 AM
It's an "opinion", and like yours, I'm entitled to itThat is true, though a person might want to google "online defamation law" and see that using "just my opinion" doesn't always give a person legal protection for what they wrote. There is a lot more to it than many know. And it is not always "cut n dried"...

The following taken from http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/social-media-online-defamation.html

"The bottom line: Just because you phrase something as a statement of opinion -- "I think" or "I believe" -- does not automatically protect you from a defamation claim."

ChinaGirl
08-28-2014, 11:54 AM
That is true, though a person might want to google "online defamation law" and see that using "just my opinion" doesn't always give a person legal protection for what they wrote. There is a lot more to it than many know. And it is not always "cut n dried"...

The following taken from http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/social-media-online-defamation.html

"The bottom line: Just because you phrase something as a statement of opinion -- "I think" or "I believe" -- does not automatically protect you from a defamation claim."

The Bottom Line: I'm not concerned. Call my Lawyer(s) ... Wee, Cheetum & Howe.

ChinaGirl
08-28-2014, 02:04 PM
That is true, though a person might want to google "online defamation law" and see that using "just my opinion" doesn't always give a person legal protection for what they wrote. There is a lot more to it than many know. And it is not always "cut n dried"...

Even Better....

http://humourspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/lawyer-names-5.jpg

Screaming Eagle
08-28-2014, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE=40plus;27951]

Sure... anything is possible at this point. The CBI has to come clean eventually - they either tidy up Warka's mess (which apparently the CBI created) or they rat out Bunnia and say "hey, we are partially to blame but Bunnia ran off with all the deposits - and, may of set up shop with Standard ..so we're not subsidizing that fiasco" ...time will tell.Then you think the international and CBI auditors lied during the court proceedings. Or do you just reject the findings of the court.

ChinaGirl
08-28-2014, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=ChinaGirl;28025]Then you think the international and CBI auditors lied during the court proceedings. Or do you just reject the findings of the court.

Ahhh.. right on cue ... the consistently naïve poster that thinks all is legal and justly in Iraq ... where have you been the last 10 years ++ ...??? Auditors ??? you can't be serious ??? millions if not billions are missing from Warka and the CBI (well documented here) - including recently... US military's missing millions from Warka.

You have to have an ulterior motive here - no way someone here (day in day out) could be so pro Warka without one ... who are you really??

I've questioned that for a long time - but it's becoming more and more obvious - are you on Warka's diminishing payroll ?

ChinaGirl
08-28-2014, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE=ChinaGirl;28025]Then you think the international and CBI auditors lied during the court proceedings. Or do you just reject the findings of the court.

Come to think of it ... a majority of people here that got involved with Warka based their due diligence on your findings - some to the tune of 10's of thousands of dollars. Did you profit from steering these people in the Warka 'direction" ?? I won't be surprised if some people eventually (if they do not already) hold you personally accountable for their losses. You continually gave and continue to give false hope to people here - you know as well as I do nobody will get anything back from Warka - not our shares - our money, nothing - I'm OK with that - I lost a minimal amount - and I like to come here for the fun and the banter. Man - up & tell these people what you really know - that they won't see a penny from Warka. Stop leading them on - or is that what you are paid to do ?

ChinaGirl
08-28-2014, 07:04 PM

And read up on the Iraq Judicial System(s) - nothing law abiding about it ... dozens of articles regarding this subject - do you live in a cave ??

Iraq: A Broken Justice System (http://www.hrw.org/news/2013/01/31/iraq-broken-justice-system) Ten Years after Invasion, Opponents Punished, Trial Rights IgnoredJanuary 31, 2013

Screaming Eagle
08-28-2014, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=Screaming Eagle;28093]

Come to think of it ... a majority of people here that got involved with Warka based their due diligence on your findings - some to the tune of 10's of thousands of dollars. Did you profit from steering these people in the Warka 'direction" ?? I won't be surprised if some people eventually (if they do not already) hold you personally accountable for their losses. You continually gave and continue to give false hope to people here - you know as well as I do nobody will get anything back from Warka - not our shares - our money, nothing - I'm OK with that - I lost a minimal amount - and I like to come here for the fun and the banter. Man - up & tell these people what you really know - that they won't see a penny from Warka. Stop leading them on - or is that what you are paid to do ?No I don't think they will see anything from Warka but not because of anything you have to say. How about $50,000. They will never see anything as long as the country is involved in civil war which I stated long ago. However there are some that disagree. Most that invested large sums know the risk and you win some lose some. One invests for future profits if they occur, not that they know there will be a profit. As I have said many times, anything paying 10-15% is very high risk. Seems you took the risk but now you are bitter and looking for someone to blame for your own actions. Or maybe you are just being paid by a dinar seller to spout accusations or maybe you are one. Is that why you have to change your identity so often.

Screaming Eagle
08-28-2014, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=Screaming Eagle;28093]

And read up on the Iraq Judicial System(s) - nothing law abiding about it ... dozens of articles regarding this subject - do you live in a cave ??

Iraq: A Broken Justice System (http://www.hrw.org/news/2013/01/31/iraq-broken-justice-system) Ten Years after Invasion, Opponents Punished, Trial Rights Ignored

January 31, 2013Then why did they rule in Warka's favor.

HumbleGenius
08-28-2014, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE=ChinaGirl;28098]Then why did they rule in Warka's favor.

The same reason the band kept playing on the Titanic. To keep the calm. But the boat still sank.

Screaming Eagle
08-29-2014, 08:24 AM
[QUOTE=Screaming Eagle;28103]

The same reason the band kept playing on the Titanic. To keep the calm. But the boat still sank.The boat sank for some, others made a good profit and got out before the problems experienced by Warka. Those that invested as early as 2005 and got out by 2011 made huge profits with Warka. Those that elected to stay the course in spite of the increasing risk may have lost their entire investment. I remember expressing some concern about 6 months before Warka collapsed as to whether I should withdraw none, some or my entire investment. Unfortunately the choice I made was not beneficial to me. However my world does not come to a end simply because some of my investments lose or don't make money.

HumbleGenius
08-29-2014, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=HumbleGenius;28108]The boat sank for some, others made a good profit and got out before the problems experienced by Warka. Those that invested as early as 2005 and got out by 2011 made huge profits with Warka. Those that elected to stay the course in spite of the increasing risk may have lost their entire investment. I remember expressing some concern about 6 months before Warka collapsed as to whether I should withdraw none, some or my entire investment. Unfortunately the choice I made was not beneficial to me. However my world does not come to a end simply because some of my investments lose or don't make money.

Agreed. In theory I am in relative good position but caught without a life line. With the understanding I wrote off those companies that failed outside of the Warka issues my main risk now is to those shares that Warka refused to transfer to my name despite my attempts to have them do so beginning in 2009 (I accept Seaviews apology for giving me a hard time about that). With that being said do I have the balls to send 10k over to a new broker so I can trade again. I can then transfer the stocks I do own in my name over to the new broker. For the time being I am doing nothing until Iraqs future becomes clearer. I do believe I could prove fraud by Warka in the last days of their being active. The shear fact they honored sell requests immediately upon receipt of notice however ignored requests for purchase of stocks proves to me they were diverting their capital elsewhere. This then leads me to wonder if they did not have to sell proxy shares they owned in their name on our behalf to keep going. If that is the case we can kiss those shares of ours in proxy goodbye. Warka will never recoup the funds to buy the shares back.

So for the tme being I will sit back and see if the barrel of sandmonkeys in Iraq can attach themselves hand to hand and do something positive where my investment may come alive again.

Will-it-happen?
08-29-2014, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE=Screaming Eagle;8137]

Agreed. In theory I am in relative good position but caught without a life line. With the understanding I wrote off those companies that failed outside of the Warka issues my main risk now is to those shares that Warka refused to transfer to my name despite my attempts to have them do so beginning in 2009 (I accept Seaviews apology for giving me a hard time about that). With that being said do I have the balls to send 10k over to a new broker so I can trade again. I can then transfer the stocks I do own in my name over to the new broker. For the time being I am doing nothing until Iraqs future becomes clearer. I do believe I could prove fraud by Warka in the last days of their being active. The shear fact they honored sell requests immediately upon receipt of notice however ignored requests for purchase of stocks proves to me they were diverting their capital elsewhere. This then leads me to wonder if they did not have to sell proxy shares they owned in their name on our behalf to keep going. If that is the case we can kiss those shares of ours in proxy goodbye. Warka will never recoup the funds to buy the shares back.

So for the tme being I will sit back and see if the barrel of sandmonkeys in Iraq can attach themselves hand to hand and do something positive where my investment may come alive again.

But if they sold shares and have spirited the money elsewhere, it is doubtful they would have won their case against the CBI

investindinar
08-29-2014, 08:42 PM
But if they sold shares and have spirited the money elsewhere, it is doubtful they would have won their case against the CBI.

I agree and it's annoying when there's no hard evidence indicating anyone has made any surreptitious arrangements with Al Warka involving Standard Chartered. The latter is practically being sanctioned by at least two governments, USA and UAE. Why would Al Bunnia want to deal with them now, if Al Warka couldn't even agree to allow SC to buy a majority stake in the bank, back in 2011? Had Al Bunnia allowed SC to buy a majority stake then, they may have been worse off in the long run. At least Al Warka is getting off the short list of troubled banking institutions with the CBI. SC's troubles may be just beginning.

I think speculation on Al Warka doing something improper or illegal with SC is way off base and completely groundless. After the new PM and government finally kick ISIS out of Iraq, things will start progressing rather rapidly in favor of economic prosperity for Iraq. Private banking institutions like Al Warka will prosper and get out from underneath the CBI's heavy and pejorative scrutiny.

Just my 2 dinars worth.

40plus
08-29-2014, 10:11 PM
I agree and it's annoying when there's no hard evidence indicating anyone has made any surreptitious arrangements with Al Warka involving Standard Chartered. The latter is practically being sanctioned by at least two governments, USA and UAE. Why would Al Bunnia want to deal with them now, if Al Warka couldn't even agree to allow SC to buy a majority stake in the bank, back in 2011? Had Al Bunnia allowed SC to buy a majority stake then, they may have been worse off in the long run. At least Al Warka is getting off the short list of troubled banking institutions with the CBI. SC's troubles may be just beginning.

I think speculation on Al Warka doing something improper or illegal with SC is way off base and completely groundless. After the new PM and government finally kick ISIS out of Iraq, things will start progressing rather rapidly in favor of economic prosperity for Iraq. Private banking institutions like Al Warka will prosper and get out from underneath the CBI's heavy and pejorative scrutiny.

Just my 2 dinars worth.

I agree. I remember reading an article by Al Bunnia stating that they were a family business in existence for a long time in Iraq. They have many assets and no reason to sell out to an outsider. Then he gets hit really hard..and I think it is for not playing ball with the Iranian rip offs.

I am hoping just as you, that if things can settle down in country, Mr Bunnia will step back up and restore our deposits.

Also think ChinaGirl has a buyer's remorse hair against Warka. I believe I've more skin in the game than many..over six figures amerikan in C d's..so it may be wishful thinking...maybe not.

investindinar
08-30-2014, 02:00 PM
I am hoping just as you, that if things can settle down in country, Mr Bunnia will step back up and restore our deposits.

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with researching, waiting and hoping for the best possible outcome. I do have a problem, however, whenever drama queens start their usual ranting about something they have incomplete information on, or just speculating about. It's very annoying and detracts from the overall value of any other contributions they may have made.

Just my two dinars worth.

- investindinar

HumbleGenius
08-30-2014, 10:37 PM
I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with researching, waiting and hoping for the best possible outcome. I do have a problem, however, whenever drama queens start their usual ranting about something they have incomplete information on, or just speculating about. It's very annoying and detracts from the overall value of any other contributions they may have made.

Just my two dinars worth.

- investindinar

Is it safe to say you are a supporter of Cardin, Mikulski and O'Malley?

investindinar
08-30-2014, 11:09 PM
Is it safe to say you are a supporter of Cardin, Mikulski and O'Malley?

Of course I am. Wherefore didst thou doubt?

- investindinar

HumbleGenius
08-31-2014, 02:09 AM
Of course I am. Wherefore didst thou doubt?

- investindinar

Thanks. No reason. I rest my case though.