PDA

View Full Version : Will the dinar be abolished as means of defunding IS militants ?

Wolverine
09-14-2014, 11:54 PM
Will the current dinar be abolished and a new currency printed so as to completely devalue large quantities of Iraqi dinar being held by Islamic State militants ???

oldskiier
09-15-2014, 12:52 AM
YES ! I Believe they will !

investindinar
09-15-2014, 01:27 AM
Will the current dinar be abolished and a new currency printed so as to completely devalue large quantities of Iraqi dinar being held by Islamic State militants ???

That thought has occurred to me more than once. Turning in old currency in favor of newer / higher value currency would kill two birds with one stone. Especially in view of what happened when ISIS stormed into Mosul and took over the bank.

I think something similar happened in Kuwait after it was vacated by Saddam Hussein's Army in 1991.

Reissue can be used to fight against forgery which is something else that ISIS could do with whatever they hold of Iraq's currency.

In light of their economy prospering since 2008, they're due for a revaluation anyway.

- investindinar

baz
09-15-2014, 02:30 PM

They are smart enough to have billions in reserve, and to get where they are at right now, so surely they are smart enough to have these amounts in banks and other invested assets so any new money printed wouldn't affect them to any great extent.

And if it did could they just rob another bank / s of the new printed money.

investindinar
09-15-2014, 10:12 PM

They are smart enough to have billions in reserve, and to get where they are at right now, so surely they are smart enough to have these amounts in banks and other invested assets so any new money printed wouldn't affect them to any great extent.

And if it did could they just rob another bank / s of the new printed money.

If they do have other assets in deposit, it would behoove them to change their monies over to USD as quickly as possible, just in case Iraq has a currency recall.

Not only that, next time they try to 'take over', 'liberate' or just simply 'rob' another bank, it will be a much more difficult undertaking than what happened in Mosul.

Just my 2 dinars worth.

- investindinar