PDA

View Full Version : Attention Trapped Warka/ISX Investors - New Broker / Stock Swap Etc.

ChinaGirl
10-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Just putting a call out to anyone interested in this type of venture - I've copied and pasted my comments from another thread here - please add any comments (positive / negative) that you feel are necessary heading into a situation like this - maybe together we can pull a move off without giving up too much or sending any more good money after bad. Good luck to all.

My comments...

"This might be a good start - maybe someone with a current account with a reputable broker can suggest a plan whereas we (as a group) will move all of our Warka assets into their firm (whatever that may be ? Proxy for some / Shares in good name for others - I believe any cash deposits or CD's are history or at least inaccessible - I may be wrong, maybe a licensed broker "in" Iraq can access them) - if the broker can come on here and create a thread and open a "legitimate" dialogue I for one will be on board. Also, I don't mind the individual and/or the broker being compensated for their efforts either via a share swap or some other method - I for one refuse to send any more money into Iraq - but I don't mind using what is already there as payment. If someone here wants to head this up it may become quite lucrative for you and the broker."

Will-it-happen?
10-08-2014, 06:47 PM
so , in other words, create a hedge fund ?

ChinaGirl
10-08-2014, 08:27 PM
so , in other words, create a hedge fund ?

of sorts ... dump all of our stock into the new brokerage - returns based on contribution perhaps - if they create a "fund" fine - maybe my shares = 1.5% of total contributions so my returns are based on that amount ...or the broker just takes it all as is (per individual) - but because he's getting such a large client base in one large lump he waives the min. balance for all of us - just putting it out there - we are down to end IMO - something better than nothing.

ChinaGirl
10-08-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm surprised a "legitimate" broker (after knowing Warka tanked) didn't come on here and suggest a jump at no min fee (or a very small one) - maybe they know something we don't ? It would be worth hiring an English rep. to round us all up and pull business their way - in a proper manner of course.

Dinar_OS
10-08-2014, 09:49 PM
It could be a investment club, details on when, where and how not necessary, see if there's interest.

A poll may be in order.

Guests may read and pass it around.

This could develop into one massive Investment Club.

(Using investment club as reference only.)

Dinar_OS
10-08-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm surprised you said that.

I'm surprised a "legitimate" broker (after knowing Warka tanked) didn't come on here and suggest a jump at no min fee (or a very small one) - maybe they know something we don't ? It would be worth hiring an English rep. to round us all up and pull business their way - in a proper manner of course.

Will-it-happen?
10-08-2014, 10:04 PM
I'm out

Warka to me was the best investment in Iraq (first to allow many different types of transactions to us foreigners)

I know things havent been easy between them and us all, but I firmly believe they will return (fully compensated) and with a new buyer too

all very very soon

ChinaGirl
10-08-2014, 11:08 PM
I'm surprised you said that.

I'm surprised you're surprised that I said I'm surprised :)

thebest
10-09-2014, 01:46 AM
Just putting a call out to anyone interested in this type of (vultures) - I've copied and pasted my comments from another thread here - please add any comments (positive / negative) that you feel are necessary heading into a situation like this - maybe together ($$$) we can pull a move off without giving up too much or sending any more good money after bad. Good luck to all.

My comments...

"This might be a good start (for me $$$) - maybe someone with a current account with a reputable broker (vulture) can suggest a plan whereas we (as a group) will move all of our Warka assets ($$$) (my) their firm (whatever that may be ? Proxy for some / Shares in good name for (me)others - I believe any cash deposits or CD's are history or at least inaccessible - I may be wrong, maybe a licensed broker (vulture) "in" Iraq can access them) - if the broker (vulture) can come on here and create a thread and open a "legitimate (vulture)" dialogue I for one will be on board. Also, I don't mind the individual and/or the broker (vulture) and (C.G.) being compensated for their efforts either via a share swap or some other method - I for one refuse to send any more money into Iraq - but I don't mind using what is already there as payment. If someone here wants to head this up it may become quite lucrative for you and the broker (vultures) and C.G."

The vulture has landed.
JEJEJE.:):rolleyes::D

Dinar_OS
10-09-2014, 01:57 AM
You were never in because you never got it.

I'm out

Warka to me was the best investment in Iraq (first to allow many different types of transactions to us foreigners)

I know things havent been easy between them and us all, but I firmly believe they will return (fully compensated) and with a new buyer too

all very very soon

Dinar_OS
10-09-2014, 02:01 AM
The appropriate reply to that solicitor would be:

"Why am I not surprised!" :cool:

I'm surprised you're surprised that I said I'm surprised :)

ChinaGirl
10-09-2014, 01:11 PM
The vulture has landed.
JEJEJE.:):rolleyes::D

Yes, you may be quite correct. We do have a savvy group at this point that I know could detect any "vultures" - by now we have all become wise to Iraq I would think. I doubt this thread will get much traction - most have written it all ($$$$$) off or perhaps are embarrassed as to the level of involvement they committed to the Iraq sinkhole ($$$$$$) - and prefer to remain anonymous - whatever the reason 5-10 people are not going to cut it - we will need quite a few and judging by the comments here so far it isn't happening.

Oh well, one last kick at the can - and down the sewer it went.

Chow chow chow.

HumbleGenius
10-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Yes, you may be quite correct. We do have a savvy group at this point that I know could detect any "vultures" - by now we have all become wise to Iraq I would think. I doubt this thread will get much traction - most have written it all ($$$$$) off or perhaps are embarrassed as to the level of involvement they committed to the Iraq sinkhole ($$$$$$) - and prefer to remain anonymous - whatever the reason 5-10 people are not going to cut it - we will need quite a few and judging by the comments here so far it isn't happening.

Oh well, one last kick at the can - and down the sewer it went.

Chow chow chow.

We cant be that savvy if we got ourselves into this in the first place. Here is what I suggest. Start a new thread w a simple statement like below and lets see. (I have some ideas in moving forward if there is interest. Thanks.

Looking for current persons w Warka Brokerage account who want to transfer to a different brokerage. If Interested leave your IIF name here. This is to see if there is interest by enough persons we may initiate action to see if we may have consideration from a different broker to take us in w out significant cash deposit to open an account. This is solely a call for interest and not commitment. Do not provide real name. No comments or questions at this time please.

Will-it-happen?
10-09-2014, 06:05 PM
We cant be that savvy if we got ourselves into this in the first place. Here is what I suggest. Start a new thread w a simple statement like below and lets see. (I have some ideas in moving forward if there is interest. Thanks.

Looking for current persons w Warka Brokerage account who want to transfer to a different brokerage. If Interested leave your IIF name here. This is to see if there is interest by enough persons we may initiate action to see if we may have consideration from a different broker to take us in w out significant cash deposit to open an account. This is solely a call for interest and not commitment. Do not provide real name. No comments or questions at this time please.

We all did this in good faith (ie entrusted Warka due to their reputation)

So to say we aint got any savy is wrong

By giving our shares (currently all in our good name) to another broker runs the risk of theft

So best just leave them (shares) in Warka til they pull through

Dinar_OS
10-09-2014, 07:27 PM

The point in doing something is getting their attention. If they see a growing list of concerned investors they might respond.

PS: Use their full name in a new thread.

ChinaGirl
10-09-2014, 07:39 PM

We've grown to be savvy - never said we were originally LOL - although, like many here I did my research - and was quite careful - who knew Warka would tank the way it did ? I was 60% IQD cash in hand (still have some) 30% ISX (in my good name) 10% on Warka deposit (gone I suppose) - stuck with that until the end ...Regardless - yes I like your input and suggestion(s) but maybe this thread title speaks for itself - start another if you wish - the more the better; to get attention.

Thank you all for checking in :)

Will-it-happen?
10-09-2014, 10:34 PM
funny thing is Warka is still open for business

HumbleGenius
10-09-2014, 11:07 PM
Cool, take a selfie of yourself next time you are in one of their branches lobbies and post it for us. Pick up a complimentary calendar while you are there.

HumbleGenius
10-09-2014, 11:16 PM
We've grown to be savvy - never said we were original lthough, like many here I did my research - and was quite careful - who knew Warka would tank the way it did ? I was 60% IQD cash in hand (still have some) 30% ISX (in my good name) 10% on Warka deposit (gone I suppose) - stuck with that until the end ...Regardless - yes I like your input and suggestion(s) but maybe this thread title speaks for itself - start another if you wish - the more the better; to get attention.

Thank you all for checking in :)
I would suggest approaching a broker w the condition that no funds would be repatriated for a minimum of one year or a withdrawal penalty of something like 25% be applied. I myself dont want to cut and run. I want to trade and maintain what is rightfully mine. It would be ridiculous for a broker to go through the hassle of setting up accounts just to have a run on them. I have a number of other ideas but the title of this thread speaks for itself. IMHG savvy O of course.

Will-it-happen?
10-09-2014, 11:21 PM
the website is live and constantly updated

HumbleGenius
10-09-2014, 11:25 PM
We all did this in good faith (ie entrusted Warka due to their reputation)

So to say we aint got any savy is wrong

By giving our shares (currently all in our good name) to another broker runs the risk of theft

So best just leave them (shares) in Warka til they pull through

I ain't say we ain't got any savvy. I need to ask - Do you have an interior cabin or a balcony? A lot of people dont know the word Warka is derived from the latin term Titanic. Defintion being 'One who is sure to sink'.

Will-it-happen?
10-09-2014, 11:36 PM
I ain't say we ain't got any savvy. I need to ask - Do you have an interior cabin or a balcony? A lot of people dont know the word Warka is derived from the latin term Titanic. Defintion being 'One who is sure to sink'.

so why did you invest ? All you do is complain , are you just waiting to say I told you so ?

Have a little faith. Warka have invested heavily in themselves and want to survive

All will come good

Will-it-happen?
10-09-2014, 11:38 PM
so why did you invest ? All you do is complain , are you just waiting to say I told you so ?

Have a little faith. Warka have invested heavily in themselves and want to survive

All will come good

I hope !!!!!!!

triumphantcorp
10-09-2014, 11:53 PM
All that I can say is ... ME TOO.

HumbleGenius
10-09-2014, 11:57 PM
I hope !!!!!!!
I dont complain. I state highly thought out, fully analyzed, scientifically deficient opinions to assist the lesser thinking persons on here. You may not understand this but even I cannot get through to some happen stance rockheads. As a side note i dont waste Faith on things of this earth. I save that for the greater power above.

HumbleGenius
10-10-2014, 12:01 AM
All that I can say is ... ME TOO
Happy 7th anniversary on here. Its been a fun 7 years hasn't it.

Will-it-happen?
10-10-2014, 12:21 AM
just the best

ChinaGirl
10-10-2014, 12:34 AM

With all due respect WIH - and I appreciate your comments here, maintaining a basic website and periodically changing bank balance numbers to appease the masses is hardly a bank "open for business". Warka (IMO) is a cross between Nortel & Bre-X, some fact some fiction - but none will ever return.

We need to all start thinking of a proper exit strategy if we want to salvage what we have left - having faith might keep your small boat afloat but you still need to row it towards land if you want to last beyond a few days.

Lets start rowing and see where we get - this threads a start and just maybe we've piqued some interest on the subject and an answer will come.

Good luck to all.

And yes HG ... a good seven years - thanks - been an interesting ride - I have no regrets.

Will-it-happen?
10-10-2014, 02:22 AM
With all due respect WIH - and I appreciate your comments here, maintaining a basic website and periodically changing bank balance numbers to appease the masses is hardly a bank "open for business". Warka (IMO) is a cross between Nortel & Bre-X, some fact some fiction - but none will ever return.

We need to all start thinking of a proper exit strategy if we want to salvage what we have left - having faith might keep your small boat afloat but you still need to row it towards land if you want to last beyond a few days.

Lets start rowing and see where we get - this threads a start and just maybe we've piqued some interest on the subject and an answer will come.

Good luck to all.

And yes HG ... a good seven years - thanks - been an interesting ride - I have no regrets.

It is a very expensive operation to maintain a banking website

40plus
10-10-2014, 03:23 AM

Good luck to all.

Puleeezzzzee, mommy...stop with the, 'we all must do this..we all must do that' crap. I can think for myself, I don't need U telling me I've made a mistake.."we've" lost all..the bank is lost and the sky is falling. Me thinks you are only concerned with yourself..evidenced by most of you posts being self-edifying gobbly-gook.
I mean, 'cmon, do you really have so much skin in the game that you 'must' redeem your perceived losses by saving/blessing all of us??? Can't afford a minimum deposit or fees, but you still want the returns, so you come on like a savior? BS.

40plus
10-10-2014, 03:24 AM

All will come good

i second that. She's not waiting to say 'I told you so...been doing that to death all along.

ChinaGirl
10-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Puleeezzzzee, mommy...stop with the, 'we all must do this..we all must do that' crap. I can think for myself, I don't need U telling me I've made a mistake.."we've" lost all..the bank is lost and the sky is falling. Me thinks you are only concerned with yourself..evidenced by most of you posts being self-edifying gobbly-gook.
I mean, 'cmon, do you really have so much skin in the game that you 'must' redeem your perceived losses by saving/blessing all of us??? Can't afford a minimum deposit or fees, but you still want the returns, so you come on like a savior? BS.

You have some severe issues - just thought we'd put something together as a team.

"I can think for myself" - I don't need you blah blah blah crap" - arrogant a-holes need not apply ....

ChinaGirl
10-10-2014, 01:10 PM

From Humble Genius:

I dont complain. I state highly thought out, fully analyzed, scientifically deficient opinions to assist the lesser thinking persons on here. You may not understand this but even I cannot get through to some happen stance rockheads. As a side note i dont waste Faith on things of this earth. I save that for the greater power above.

Thank you HG - I now see your point.....

ChinaGirl
10-10-2014, 01:27 PM

Furthermore, - while you skip about like a little girly girl with your "self-woven" basket - tossing out Warka rose petals across the vast empty desert, some of us are actually attempting to put a plan together - you're the classic "'Lazy Susan" ... lets just sit and wait & all will be fine (2 years + and counting - time to take action .. or is that too much like work for you ?)

Screaming Eagle
10-10-2014, 01:28 PM

Good luck to all.

And yes HG ... a good seven years - thanks - been an interesting ride - I have no regrets.Even though Warka won its case against the CBI the CBI has not complied with the court order and the case may be on appeal. We simply don't know!! Even under sanctions the CBI or any other CB requires that accounts be kept current and any interest credited. However no withdrawals will be made until the CBI determines Warka solvent or what assets and mechanisms will be used to fund any payments. In the US because of the liquidity of assets and FDIC this can be done overnight. In foreign countries it may take many trips to the appeals courts and many years before the CBI lifts their sanctions. The country was never stable, it was ultra high risk, its back in civil war, oil is down to $84, production is down, the deficient is increasing and most investors have pulled out. I doubt that you have enough leverage to affect any pressure points as to how its banks are run.

ChinaGirl
10-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Even though Warka won its case against the CBI the CBI has not complied with the court order and the case may be on appeal. We simply don't know!! Even under sanctions the CBI or any other CB requires that accounts be kept current and any interest credited. However no withdrawals will be made until the CBI determines Warka solvent or what assets and mechanisms will be used to fund any payments. In the US because of the liquidity of assets and FDIC this can be done overnight. In foreign countries it may take many trips to the appeals courts and many years before the CBI lifts their sanctions. The country was never stable, it was ultra high risk, its back in civil war, oil is down to $84, production is down, the deficient is increasing and most investors have pulled out. I doubt that you have enough leverage to affect any pressure points as to how its banks are run.

Agreed - par for the course - this thread is only intended to salvage what we have left - nothing less - nothing more. I'm no savior (as one has suggested) or even attempting to become one - it will take a team effort - some are in - some continue to whine - lead, follow or get the "F" out of the way - simple as that (not directed at you SE - they know who they are)

ChinaGirl
10-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Lets get back on track - I for one am willing to tie up whatever I have with a new broker for an extended period (even a 2 year min.) - someone here mentioned a broker would be apprehensive to take us on because we would all bail the next day - a legitimate concern - so yes, also as mentioned (HG) - we could sign something to that affect - a delay in repatriating funds etc.

SE you said...

"I doubt that you have enough leverage to affect any pressure points as to how its banks are run"

Not sure where that's coming from ? only trying to move shares from a "dud" brokerage to an "active" one - not change the world.

PS - thank you to those that are actually making a positive contribution here - maybe we have something ? Does anyone ever wonder why the same "few" continue to prop up Warka and "poo poo" any idea that comes along that may put them to task ?

Do you see the pattern yet? Think about it.

ChinaGirl
10-10-2014, 03:00 PM
i second that. She's not waiting to say 'I told you so...been doing that to death all along.

FYI - the original idea came from Dinar OS

e-mails representing a group of investors.

Approach a broker as a group (group rate?) Tell the broker you have 100 names with another 500 on the waiting list.

Investment group where all holdings are lumped. Broker tells the group what they recovered and for who, from that info the group keeps the books.

And on and on as a group.

We're only trying to expand on it ...

http://www.investorsiraq.com/forums/showthread.php?7312-My-account-says-EXPIRED!!!!&p=29253#post29253

HumbleGenius
10-10-2014, 03:56 PM
FYI - the original idea came from Dinar OS

e-mails representing a group of investors.

Approach a broker as a group (group rate?) Tell the broker you have 100 names with another 500 on the waiting list.

Investment group where all holdings are lumped. Broker tells the group what they recovered and for who, from that info the group keeps the books.

And on and on as a group.

We're only trying to expand on it ...

http://www.investorsiraq.com/forums/showthread.php?7312-My-account-says-EXPIRED!!!!&p=29253#post29253

I dont see the 'lumping' of holdings together as a viable option. It would add an additional layer of complexity that I dont believe we could achieve. The devil in those details would take a very long time. Suggesting the KISS method here. X number of us in Warka would like to establish new accounts. Would it be worth your while Mr. Broker to allow us to open new accounts with you for:
1) Minimum opening cash balance of $1000 USD
2) No withdrawal for 1 year or penalties occur.
3) Transfer of all current stock from Warka holdings to you brokerage holding firm.
4)??

(Suggesting starting points w 1-4. I am certainly open to adjusting and adding to the above. Just remember we have to have skin in the game that makes this somewhat enticing for the potential broker. He wont be a charity group and he wont care that we saps got screwed out of for whatever reason w Warka.)

Screaming Eagle
10-11-2014, 02:56 AM
Well since I have little stock, its of little concern however if your stock has not been transferred to your good name you have a signed proxy agreement with Warka. You don't own the stock. It is held in proxy for you by Warka. They own it until they transfer it to you. You might want to consider how you are going to invalidate the proxy agreement. You might then consider as a foreigner if its even legal for you to own it without the proxy agreement. You might want to contact Warka and see if they will break the law and give you your stock without proxy. I see a pattern, the more you unravel the ball the larger the mass of string is going to get. Pretty soon one of those smart people you want to confront Warka is going to see your weak position and end up with your stock. So get after them in any way possible!!!! Maybe a good lawyer will just get Warka to invalidate the proxy and then you have no claim and they can split the proceeds or collect a good fee from Warka.

Will-it-happen?
10-11-2014, 04:59 AM
Well since I have little stock, its of little concern however if your stock has not been transferred to your good name you have a signed proxy agreement with Warka. You don't own the stock. It is held in proxy for you by Warka. They own it until they transfer it to you. You might want to consider how you are going to invalidate the proxy agreement. You might then consider as a foreigner if its even legal for you to own it without the proxy agreement. You might want to contact Warka and see if they will break the law and give you your stock without proxy. I see a pattern, the more you unravel the ball the larger the mass of string is going to get. Pretty soon one of those smart people you want to confront Warka is going to see your weak position and end up with your stock. So get after them in any way possible!!!! Maybe a good lawyer will just get Warka to invalidate the proxy and then you have no claim and they can split the proceeds or collect a good fee from Warka.

Theres no more proxy stock holdings

All have been transferd into good name

HumbleGenius
10-11-2014, 02:24 PM
SE, I agree, I was not clear on this post however in others I have taken the position those shares that I own in proxy are gone. My sole focus are those I have in my good name. As for the legality of it I am registered between both Countries State Departments so I assume I have legal standing. That and a dollar may get me a cup of coffee knowing the full situation over there but I believe I am potentially (albeit slim) still in the game. I just need to get out from under the curse of Warka, accept my losses (proxy shares, acct balances) and try to salvage this adventure w another broker.
(Side note: Will-it-Happen - You my friend are clueless)

40plus
10-12-2014, 03:59 AM
Furthermore, - while you skip about like a little girly girl with your "self-woven" basket - tossing out Warka rose petals across the vast empty desert, some of us are actually attempting to put a plan together - you're the classic "'Lazy Susan" ... lets just sit and wait & all will be fine (2 years + and counting - time to take action .. or is that too much like work for you ?)

ROFLMAO....BWAAAA...HAHAHAHAHA..HAHH..SOOOO FUNNY! Please consider me all torn up..what a display of POWER!!!!!

Me thinks thou dost protest to loudly.

You have absolutely no idea how much work I do. It is that work experience that smells out something fishy in PC, C-town. But since you so aspire to 'taking it for the team'.. go ahead..I bow out gracefully. Having read your vitriolic post above, I see that destroying you with words would not only be too easy...but such an empty victory.

Whuu...so funny.

Screaming Eagle
10-12-2014, 05:32 PM

All have been transferd into good nameThen you can sell yours anytime. What I posted did not apply to you, quote: "however if your stock has not been transferred to your good name you have a signed proxy agreement with Warka".

Screaming Eagle
10-12-2014, 05:44 PM
What is most amazing is quibbling about Warka when ISIS has conquered western Iraq, the second largest city in Iraq and is now in the Baghdad suburbs. Does not anyone realize that under Sharia law you would not be permitted interest of any type.

triumphantcorp
10-12-2014, 07:15 PM

All have been transferd into good name

I still have shares in proxy and have authorized Warka for years to put them in my good name.... to no avail as far as I know

Will-it-happen?
10-12-2014, 09:37 PM
I still have shares in proxy and have authorized Warka for years to put them in my good name.... to no avail as far as I know

Warka transfered mine into my good name about a year ago

However trying to get them to respond to any requests is impossible

HumbleGenius
10-12-2014, 10:07 PM
What is most amazing is quibbling about Warka when ISIS has conquered western Iraq, the second largest city in Iraq and is now in the Baghdad suburbs. Does not anyone realize that under Sharia law you would not be permitted interest of any type.

Thats the truth. All the rest of this is pretty much BS. I would be most happy if my individual contact information and any record of my existence be deleted. The reality is how soon will some of our personally identifiable information be taken by ISIS and we start having our identities stolen and names showing up on dont fly lists. Being a little dramatic there but not out of the realm of possibility.

English Bob
10-13-2014, 03:42 PM
Thats the truth. All the rest of this is pretty much BS. I would be most happy if my individual contact information and any record of my existence be deleted. The reality is how soon will some of our personally identifiable information be taken by ISIS and we start having our identities stolen and names showing up on dont fly lists. Being a little dramatic there but not out of the realm of possibility.

HG

and names showing up on dont fly lists.

With the Ebola around..................who would want to fly??

EB

buck74
10-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Lots of arguing here. But something like this might be our best chance if we could find an honest broker.
All of my stock is in my name although who knows what that means.
Any followup here or by e-mail would be appreciated. Buck

I dont see the 'lumping' of holdings together as a viable option. It would add an additional layer of complexity that I dont believe we could achieve. The devil in those details would take a very long time. Suggesting the KISS method here. X number of us in Warka would like to establish new accounts. Would it be worth your while Mr. Broker to allow us to open new accounts with you for:
1) Minimum opening cash balance of $1000 USD
2) No withdrawal for 1 year or penalties occur.
3) Transfer of all current stock from Warka holdings to you brokerage holding firm.
4)??

(Suggesting starting points w 1-4. I am certainly open to adjusting and adding to the above. Just remember we have to have skin in the game that makes this somewhat enticing for the potential broker. He wont be a charity group and he wont care that we saps got screwed out of for whatever reason w Warka.)

tipawin
10-14-2014, 11:03 PM
For information at Warka try this

Uday-Amir Jameel Al-Mashhadni

main@warka-bank-iq.com