Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Supporter and Investor!
    Bwai unless it's changed because of the B credit rating j/k

Type o
    Last edited by mcdan; 09-07-2015 at 06:00 AM.
    Only two definning forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and American Soldier one died for your soul the other for your freedom
    http://www.investorsiraq.com/attachm...2&d=1198628312

Supporter and Investor!

Supporter and Investor! investindinar's Avatar

Smile Well said....

Quote Originally Posted by thebest View Post
    These years have been hard, many people have taken away the hope and have withdrawn from the forums, but thanks to this news no doubt that we are now seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. I hope that we return to the old days where positive ideas shared and not mockery and insults.
    Well said thebest. It's a real shame we lost a lot of people due to the negativity which seemed to abound for a while.

However I think they'll be back. Hopefully, next time around with a different attitude.

investindinar
    What? Me worry?

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by investindinar View Post
    Well said thebest. It's a real shame we lost a lot of people due to the negativity which seemed to abound for a while.

However I think they'll be back. Hopefully, next time around with a different attitude.

investindinar
    Unless they have died of old age. I'm sure the old members that invested in the ISX through Warka, are still lurking around waiting for a positive atmosphere to post again.
    Last edited by explorerhot; 09-07-2015 at 04:54 AM.

Supporter and Investor!
    Hahah. We should all send Warka a Get Well Soon card!
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." - Sir Winston Churchill

Supporter and Investor!
    I wonder if they will refix Warka'a ISX dept too ?

Supporter and Investor!
    It has been over 10 years since I made this investment, and I have to say that this is the best news I've heard for a long time. With the understanding of economic history, this has always been a 20 -30 years invest plan for me. Looks like pretty soon, we will all be back in the game, specially, for those invested with Warka. So now, the next great news will be that all members have been given access to their accounts again - even the DOD who has been waiting along with us- lol. The difference this time will be that both the bank and ISX will be fully automated. I thought it would take a year or more till something like this was stated, or till a public decision was made and announced concerning the managed floating of the currency for cheaper labor in its reconstruction, inflation control, and building of foreign reserves, but it happen sooner. That's great!

In my opinion, this has never been about a liquidity problem with a bank that has more assets than liabilities. It was about who was going to partner up with the biggest bank in Iraq - would it be Standard Charter, Maliki, or those that work in country by other names. In the end, I do believe that someone will partner up with Warka but will remain silent in the back ground. Looking back, what happened to Warka was a good thing, because it gave it time to refocus its banking work from currency exchange to now economic management. Warka will be back stronger than ever striking competition, endurance, and intrigue in the hearts of all other Iraqi banks. More importantly, when it does come back it makes the international statement that if you put your money in Iraqi banks, it will be safe and/or backed by the CBI. This my friend, is about credibility.

Lastly, when warka does return, it will be the sign that this investment, regardless of what anyone says, is more real than ever. For those that have been waiting for this as well, congrads. I also would like to say that it is time that we start treating this more like a private investment than a public one, because the latter can bring some unwanted attention from many unknowns at this time. Also, I do hope that this forum does return back to its positive and factual nature.
    Direct Investment Interest In ISX Please contact Me @ jaypie13@gmail.com

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonas View Post
    It has been over 10 years since I made this investment, and I have to say that this is the best news I've heard for a long time. With the understanding of economic history, this has always been a 20 -30 years invest plan for me. Looks like pretty soon, we will all be back in the game, specially, for those invested with Warka. So now, the next great news will be that all members have been given access to their accounts again - even the DOD who has been waiting along with us- lol. The difference this time will be that both the bank and ISX will be fully automated. I thought it would take a year or more till something like this was stated, or till a public decision was made and announced concerning the managed floating of the currency for cheaper labor in its reconstruction, inflation control, and building of foreign reserves, but it happen sooner. That's great!

In my opinion, this has never been about a liquidity problem with a bank that has more assets than liabilities. It was about who was going to partner up with the biggest bank in Iraq - would it be Standard Charter, Maliki, or those that work in country by other names. In the end, I do believe that someone will partner up with Warka but will remain silent in the back ground. Looking back, what happened to Warka was a good thing, because it gave it time to refocus its banking work from currency exchange to now economic management. Warka will be back stronger than ever striking competition, endurance, and intrigue in the hearts of all other Iraqi banks. More importantly, when it does come back it makes the international statement that if you put your money in Iraqi banks, it will be safe and/or backed by the CBI. This my friend, is about credibility.

Lastly, when warka does return, it will be the sign that this investment, regardless of what anyone says, is more real than ever. For those that have been waiting for this as well, congrads. I also would like to say that it is time that we start treating this more like a private investment than a public one, because the latter can bring some unwanted attention from many unknowns at this time. Also, I do hope that this forum does return back to its positive and factual nature.
    Jonas: I appreciate your opinion and glad you posted it. Lets all hope you are spot on.

seadesk

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by haggisbasher View Post
    ...got 100,000,000IQDsitting in account just to buy shares in BWIB...
    That is good, because their 105B capital is well below the 250B CBI requirement

While this is good news, we've known about Warka's court victories indicating the same. I curious about this announcement, what changed...is the CBI infusing cash for damages?

Haggis...as for all your other thoughts, you know how it works here...very slow, but soon. My gut tells me that our portfolios are so jacked up they will never be accurate. I also wonder "if" the warkaa brokerage will ever recover.

As for Warka's 33% free shares, you would have seen those if you bought the 150% paid ups, they were accounted for prior to the purchase.

Supporter and Investor! investindinar's Avatar

I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by jonas View Post
    ... More importantly, when it does come back it makes the international statement that if you put your money in Iraqi banks, it will be safe and/or backed by the CBI. This my friend, is about credibility....
    I agree 100%. Another thing to keep in mind is that given the danger the Islamic State has posed, and continues to do, the national currency of Iraq has not fluctuated wildly. It has remained relatively stable compared to other nations that have gone through similar catastrophic crises. They still have over 60 billion USD in reserves.

Although I was hopeful (probably along with many others) that the ISIS crisis would be over by the end of 2015, it looks like it may drag well into 2016. Be that as it may, I still think their (ISIS) shelf life is extremely limited, and we may very well see petroleum prices begin to creep back up sometime late in 2016, or early 2017... just a hunch.

I've always been 'hopefully optimistic' about this endeavor. This latest news of Al Warka being 'rehabilitated' by the CBI sounds like really good news. Now, if only their Parliament would pass the necessary laws to protect foreign investors, things could really start to look up in a year or two.

Just my two dinars worth.

investindinar
    What? Me worry?