Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Supporter and Investor!
    Britain has a crime rate 6,523,706 and America has a crime rate of 11,877,218, considering our population is around 350 million and Britain
    around 60 million Britain seems less safe to me, even when I lived there. China just had a mass murder where a man stabbed several school children and not much press printed the story. Our government got caught selling assault weapons to Mexican drug lords and not one person has been charged with the crime.
    " Never forget everything Hitler did in Germany was legal " ---Martin Luther King jr.---

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishindinar View Post
    Britain has a crime rate 6,523,706 and America has a crime rate of 11,877,218, considering our population is around 350 million and Britain
    around 60 million Britain seems less safe to me, even when I lived there. China just had a mass murder where a man stabbed several school children and not much press printed the story. Our government got caught selling assault weapons to Mexican drug lords and not one person has been charged with the crime.
    Agreed when you compare statistics England as i full well know comes out worse then the US, and for that matter most other places in the world, but the matter in hand right now is the mass killing of these kids which even you have to admit you do seem to have your fair share of mass killings by guns.

China is a totally different ball game when it come to reporting facts, more then likely China wont report to much about things like this because it's afraid of the damage it does to it's world image, and the China government wants to think it's a safe place to be in, other world reporters normally do the reporting.

As for your government selling guns to the Mexican drug lords, who was it that "Supposedly" had gun parts that Saddam could shell the world with..us..the UK, for many years my own country has sold guns basically to who ever would buy them and keep their mouths shut, you make guns...you sell them, every government knows where these things go to. And they could care less who they are used against, others or their own, we all know most governments ship guns via friendly countries knowing full well they will end up in the not so friendly hands. Profit cares not one bit.

Supporter and Investor!
    If anyone checks out the NRA website they give numerous examples on lives saved by firearm self defense. I don't trust our government anymore, I think they are trying to get rid of the middle class and it will be easier to do if they are not armed.
    When I was in Norwich a farmer shot and killed a burglar inside his home the farmer went to jail. Wealthy people are afraid of guns because they can kill from a distance, which even their armed body guards would have trouble defending them.
    There is nothing worse than children being harmed it makes me sick to my stomach. This shooting in Connecticut is more disturbing because it happened in a place that is supposed to be a safe haven. Killing of any children in any country for any reason is just as sickening to me, even in war.
    " Never forget everything Hitler did in Germany was legal " ---Martin Luther King jr.---

Supporter and Investor!
    All governments twist the figures to suit what ever they want them to be, cant speak/don't know to much about yours but ours to us are absolutely disgusting, we know it, they know it, we here are the fools.

We had two what we know as mass killings, Hungerford where Michael Ryan walked down the Streets of Hungerford shooting everyone he could see, then shot himself, we had a purge on shotgun ownership and tighter control...he didn't even use a shotgun, never had one, Also pistols were tightened up. Thomas Hamilton i think went to a school and shot about 18 people before he shot himself, after this pistols were banned (might have been the other way around) anyway we lost most of our guns.
    Strange thing is both these were classed as nutters but had the sense, like yours did, to shot themselves dead.

The farmer who shot the burglar, one of two, and went to jail might not have done had he not shot one of the burglars in the back as he was climbing out of a window to escape. We cant harm a burglar if they are running away.
    In the same instance a well know big time crook who stole millions in a massive gold robbery had his house and grounds staked out by undercover cops, he..the crook..went out side to see why his dog was barking, saw the cop all in black in the undergrowth and stabbed him to death, he got away with it on the grounds that the cop surprised him.....that's how stupid our laws have been and to the most still are.

I have no problem with guns or gun ownership and their use but i do agree with some sort of good responsible checks on the stability of the owner, but then again if the owner is that way inclined he could fool even the best checker.

The very first answers to my post suggested that more guns would stop this sort of thing, does a six or eight year old have a gun? but yes it would and could stop an adult getting assaulted in the home.

I really do hope that you guys dont get to lose your right to bear arms and have your sport messed up, you have a massive problem on your hands to solve this, but not as big as the parents are going to have every Christmas from now on.

Supporter and Investor! williambedloe's Avatar
    The argument about weapons is not the one that should be addressed,nor is the argument about mental health. The central issue is the collapse of the moral society. Instead of teaching faith based morality in schools, our schools and entertainment industries are actively ridiculing it and pushing such ideals to the fringes as the last bastion of backwards illiterates. This lack of morality has corrupted every man made institution. Greed has overwhelmed capitalism, Deviancy and violence has overwhelmed the entertainment industry. Corruption has overwhelmed our political institutions. Even many of our religious institutions have suffered from deviancy, corruption and greed. The result it that we are raising generations of cold blooded children who have no moral compass. Few however see this; any discussion of morality becomes a rallying cry of foul for atheists and non Christians who feel their voices are being drowned out. So what are we left with? It is now politically incorrect to discuss morality, so our public morality transforms into something warped - a free for all mentality in which anything is valid.

Since no one will discuss it, we will address these problems the only way we can - more laws, less freedom. Perhaps it is now time for stricter gun laws. Since our society's morality is eroding by the second, more guns may not be the answer. Absent a turn to a more moral and responsible society, the only answer is less freedom.
    Kings of the Whoppers - One sells 'em, one tells 'em...

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by williambedloe View Post
    The argument about weapons is not the one that should be addressed,nor is the argument about mental health. The central issue is the collapse of the moral society. Instead of teaching faith based morality in schools, our schools and entertainment industries are actively ridiculing it and pushing such ideals to the fringes as the last bastion of backwards illiterates. This lack of morality has corrupted every man made institution. Greed has overwhelmed capitalism, Deviancy and violence has overwhelmed the entertainment industry. Corruption has overwhelmed our political institutions. Even many of our religious institutions have suffered from deviancy, corruption and greed. The result it that we are raising generations of cold blooded children who have no moral compass. Few however see this; any discussion of morality becomes a rallying cry of foul for atheists and non Christians who feel their voices are being drowned out. So what are we left with? It is now politically incorrect to discuss morality, so our public morality transforms into something warped - a free for all mentality in which anything is valid.

Since no one will discuss it, we will address these problems the only way we can - more laws, less freedom. Perhaps it is now time for stricter gun laws. Since our society's morality is eroding by the second, more guns may not be the answer. Absent a turn to a more moral and responsible society, the only answer is less freedom.
    Very True, and if you speak to the "Experts" in this type of field many say the morals have gone astray because of violent films and to date violent video games, but the two killers i mentioned above didn't have any violent video games back then, and how many Tom and Jerry films did we watch where one hit the other in the face with a frying pan and left a pan shaped face, Laurel and Hardy bashed each other all the time, and so on, we had the same violence back then but did it affect us? Didn't me.

Gun control is to me a weird thing because since we have had gun control we seem to have had more violent gun shootings then we ever did when they happen, years ago it was the shotgun to the legs, now it's a drive by spraying automatic fire everywhere, if the nutters and crims want guns and are willing to use them they will get them and use them, a total ban is the only thing that might work and we know that wont happen.

We here in the UK are having a little bit of a struggle with Christian morals right now, muslim is fine, Christian don't even go their, catch my drift. Give it another ten or fifteen years or so and morals might not even figure in everyday life, why should it when the people who want us to have these morals don't have them themselves....as you said.

Supporter and Investor!
    The issue is the wealthy are responsible for the degradation of our society through all the media available. Wasn't Rome conquered the same way through the moral decay of society? The Fast and Furious scandal is far worse than people ever realized because it proves the government will do anything to ban guns from citizens. Not a peep from the liberals and even the conservatives said little. OUR GOVERNMENT SOLD AUTOMATIC GUNS TO DRUG LORDS. I think this is far worse than a nut killing people.

Our education system is archaic, television is awful and the news casters are a bunch of puppets that lack any moral character what so ever. The masses believe all of it hook line and sinker.