Supporter and Investor! haggisbasher's Avatar

2013 Ends Paid Up Share Offers

Am i correct in thinking that 2012 was the last year that paid up share offers finished and the banks had to reach 150Bn Dinars capital other wise they were going under,unless the CBI extended the time-line for them,don't remember the whole scenario,but i have a few million dinaries ready for Asia Cell IPO if it ever goes ahead.
    Good Luck to all you IIF lifers in 2013,hope my release date comes soon.

Supporter and Investor!
    CBI is requiring the banks to go to 250B in 2013, the paid ups will continue for the near future at least.

BBOB will be announcing the AGM soon and a percentage of profits paid to the share holders, what was it last years maybe 30% increase,it could be more this year,that's excellent,because we will also get a paid up share offer,last time I bought at 1IQD and sold for 3.9IQD,i wonder if Warka bank will honour last years shares of BBOB.i got confirmation of the by email.just never got shares notification from them, did any member get some confirmation of BBOB offer from Warka last year....

Supporter and Investor!
    The reason is Mal-Warka doesn't response to any email now & they're using YAHOO.COM email No one knows why lol...

Supporter and Investor!

Dont count on it

Quote Originally Posted by haggisbasher View Post
    BBOB will be announcing the AGM soon and a percentage of profits paiis to the share holders, what was it last years maybe 30% increase,it could be more this year,that's excellent,because we will also get a paid up share offer,last time I bought at 1IQD and sold for 3.9IQD,i wonder if Warka bank will honour last years shares of BBOB.i got confirmation of the by email.just never got shares notification from them, did any member get some confirmation of BBOB offer from Warka last year....
    Not sure how many tmes or people have to say this. Warka has/had no money. They eventually responded positively last year to requests after constant badgering. There is no way they bought any paid up shares for you. Remember that famous Kennedy quote "Ask not what Warka can do for you, worry about getting your money back"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleGenius View Post
    Not sure how many tmes or people have to say this. Warka has/had no money. They eventually responded positively last year to requests after constant badgering. There is no way they bought any paid up shares for you. Remember that famous Kennedy quote "Ask not what Warka can do for you, worry about getting your money back"
    Sad but true .. absolutely no way Warka staff is out running around buying paid ups for any of us. How much longer can they drain deposits before it all comes crashing down is the question I have.

Without that cash influx from CBI (which may have gone to Bunnia already as an "incentive" to get the hell out of town) there is no way Warka can keep operating at any level.
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 06-23-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaGirl View Post
    Sad but true .. absolutely no way Warka staff is out running around buying paid ups for any of us. How much longer can they drain deposits before it all comes crashing down is the question I have.

Without that cash influx from CBI (which may have gone to Bunnia already as an "incentive" to get the hell out of town) there is no way Warka can keep operating at any level.
    Just a "what if" side thought - the tutelage, the Standard Chartered / Warka merger fiasco (or whatever we were calling it) all seemed to happen simultaneously - next, the court rules in Warkas favor and Standard Chartered miraculously shows up with a new branch slated for Baghdad (open already?) - did Bunnia get paid out by the CBI and throw it into a UK based bank ? - a much better investment really. This scenario would make sense - Warka is a tainted mess (politically/financially) so why not just take the money (depositors / CBI) and run Warka into the ground and move on with Standard Chartered as a close (silent) "Partner"?

It could be that's why the merge / acquisition soured - it was orchestrated to in order for this type of back room deal to transpire.

Just thinking out loud and all my opinion only of course.
    Last edited by ChinaGirl; 06-24-2014 at 12:16 PM.

BBOB stops for its AGM this month and is not giving free shares but a cash dividend to its share holders,i wonder if this will find its way into ower accounts or side tracked into Warkas limbo twilight zone.
    will need to wait and see.