Page 12 of 674 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Make America Great Again !!!

Supporter and Investor! millionairetobe71's Avatar
    GOP Senator Jeff Flake dramatically confronts Donald Trump in tense Capitol Hill meeting

Allan Smith,Business Insider 8 hours ago

Donald Trump had an intense, testy exchange with Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona — one of his sharpest Republican critics on Capitol Hill — during a closed-door meeting with GOP senators on Thursday in Washington, DC.

The Washington Post reported that when the Arizona Republican stood up and introduced himself, Trump said, "You've been very critical of me."
    "Yes, I'm the other senator from Arizona — the one who didn't get captured — and I want to talk to you about statements like that," Flake responded, two Republican officials told the Post.

Flake was referring to Trump's comments from roughly one year ago when he questioned whether Sen. John McCain of Arizona was a war hero because he was captured during the Vietnam War. Trump said he preferred people who weren't captured.

According to The Post, Flake told the Manhattan billionaire that he wants to be able to support him but is still uncomfortable doing so.
    Trump noted he had yet to start attacking Flake and threatened to start. Flake then urged Trump to stop attacking Mexicans, according to the report.

The presumptive Republican nominee predicted Flake would lose his reelection bid, to which Flake shot back that he's not on the ballot until 2018.

Sources told CNN's Manu Raju that Trump also threatened to defeat Flake in an election. Flake declined to elaborate on the exchange when asked by reporters afterward. "No, I'll just leave it," he told reporters, adding that "my position remains. I want to support the nominee. I really do. I just can't support him given the things that he's said." A Flake spokesperson confirmed to Business Insider that the Post account was accurate.

Trump also called out Republican Sens. Mark Kirk of Illinois and Ben Sasse of Nebraska, according to The Post. Kirk recently unendorsed Trump, while Sasse has been fiercely critical of the real-estate magnate. Trump characterized Kirk as a loser. "I guess he lit me up," Kirk later told The Post.

During a recent interview with Business Insider, Flake said anybody who uttered the protectionist rhetoric on trade that Trump has "is not what I'd call a Republican." He also said it's "quite possible" Trump could lose in his state of Arizona, a GOP stronghold, and that he thinks Republicans should consider confirming Judge Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court in October if it looks like Trump is going to lose the election.

"Mr. Trump's problem is not just being dissatisfied with the status quo," he said. "It's that he's gone out and gone after specific groups and organizations. The Mexican judge comments. The Muslim ban, although he seems to be backing off of that. It's just the general statements on too many groups he's going to need to win an election. So I think he's still got to change quite a bit." He added that "we just don't know" if Trump is capable of change.

"Sometimes he'll walk something back one day and be back with the original policy the next," he said. "So we'll see what holds. He's 70 years old, and it's tough to change. He's made many statements about how he won the primary and why change it. He may, for a time, use more appropriate rhetoric or statements, but I just don't know if that can last. I really don't."

<<< People, take notice,...."if it looks like a dud, walks like a dud and smell like a dud....then....it must be a dud....".........When the people from his own party, truly, really and completely dislike him.....there must be a reason beyond mere loud mouth.....>>>
    "We are ready for an unforeseen event that
    may or may not occur." --Al Gore, VP :swear:

How'bout this one.....

'One of the worst mistakes'

Gingrich, who has served as something of a Trump surrogate in recent months, called it "one of the worst mistakes" the real-estate magnate had made and added that it was "inexcusable."

"First of all, this judge was born in Indiana," Gingrich told "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace. "He is an American, period. When you come to America, you get to become an American. And Trump, who has grandparents who came to the US, should understand this as much as anybody."

He continued:

Second, to characterize, you know — if a liberal were to attack Justice Clarence Thomas on the grounds that he's black, we would all go crazy. Every conservative would say it was wrong and it was racism. And Trump has got to, I think, move to a new level. This is no longer the primaries. He's no longer an interesting contender. He is now the potential leader of the United States and he's got to move his game up to the level of being a potential leader.

Though he did not answer whether he believed the attack to be racially motivated, Gingrich said he hoped "it was sloppiness" and said Trump's assertion of having "many Mexican friends" was "irrelevant." "This judge is not Mexican," he continued. Trump on Monday called Gingrich's comments "inappropriate."

Or maybe this one.......

'Very disturbing'

During a Monday-morning appearance on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Flake, a vehement critic of Trump, called this latest firestorm "a whole new level" and "very disturbing."

"If this doesn't change, we're in for big trouble," Flake said.
    "Because it's not just ill-informed or ignorant statements, but they suggest that once he's president after November, that he should go after that judge," he continued.

Saying Trump is "not his first choice or his 17th choice" for the presidency, he said Trump's pitting of races, genders, and cultures against one another is everything the GOP stands against.

"The whole thing that we Republicans say we're against are identity politics," he said. "That if you're a certain gender or you're a certain race, then you have to vote that way. He's just trying to confirm that stereotype that's completely wrong and it's offensive, and this week it was a whole new level."

During his interview with Tapper, Trump repeatedly denied that his rationale was racist. But he hammered home several times the argument that Curiel's heritage caused him to view the Trump University cases unfairly because Trump was planning on "building a wall" along the US-Mexico border.

"Jake, I'm building a wall," Trump said. "I'm building a wall. I'm trying to keep business out of Mexico. Mexico's fine ... He's of Mexican heritage, and he's very proud of it, as I am of where I come from."

Trump took his argument a step further Sunday. Asked by John Dickerson on CBS' "Face the Nation" whether he believed a Muslim judge would also treat him unfairly, because of his proposal to bar Muslim immigrants and tourists from entering the country, Trump said "it's possible."

Ahhh...here is the ice on the cake.....

Ryan backs away from Trump's praise for Hussein

By Harper Neidig

Speaker Paul Ryan pushed back on Donald Trump’s praise of Saddam Hussein on Tuesday night, calling the late dictator “evil.”

“He was one the 20th century’s most evil people,” Ryan said in an interview with Fox News Channel’s “The Kelly File” when asked about Trump's comment from earlier that night. “He was up there. He committed mass genocide against his own people using chemical weapons.”

Shortly before the interview aired, Trump gave a shout out to Saddam Hussein at a Raleigh, N.C.,rally, praising the former Iraqi dictator's anti-terrorism tactics.

(Way to go Trump! Way to go!!)

“Saddam Hussein was a bad guy,” Trump said. “But you know what he did well? He killed terrorists. He did that so good. They didn’t read them the rights, they didn’t talk. They were a terrorist, it was over.” “Today, Iraq is Harvard for terrorism.”

Supporter and Investor!
    Why some Iraqi's want Saddam back.

"We got rid of Saddam now we have 1000 Saddam's."
    "A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by
    association with smarter people." --Will Rogers

"We're all ignorant, just on Different Subjects." --Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Dinar_OS View Post
    Why some Iraqi's want Saddam back.

"We got rid of Saddam now we have 1000 Saddam's."
    I personally never liked that man. However, there are several facts (incredible as it may seems) about him that, unless you dig the info, you won't know much.

The thing about him is that he had certain level of religious tolerance. In Baghdad and all around Iraq, several different religious denominations were living practicing their faith in relative peace. He was so ruthless that he did not tolerated any indication of subversive motives from anyone. Thus he was quite feared. Add then his sons, Uday and Qusay and you are multiplying the fear factors by thousand fold.

Saddam did not liked, and never wanted to be involved, related, or even remotely seen as supporting or befriending Osama bin Laden and he despised Al Qaeda and their underlying terrorists actions.

He was very good friend of Yasser Arafat and Arafat gave Saddam a wooden chair that almost anyone who has been in Baghdad has a picture of (yeah, I have it too since I worked at the Al Faw Palace).

People in Iraq, despite all the crimes committed by this man, were relatively safe and no car bombings were happening.

He just killed anyone and everyone he perceived as a threat to his ruling doctrine, especially if you were a Shia...then certainly something may be happening to you or your family...

So now, people now are clamoring that they preferred when Saddam was in power, because that was an enemy they had an eye on, every day and it was a well defined threat they could measure. Unlike now were the enemy could be anyone unseen and unknown and that unknown force would be and might ten time worse than Saddam...which is exactly what is happening now.

My theory is this.....

We killed Saddam and he reincarnated in Donald Trump's body or took possession of Donald Trump.....yeah..that is what happened....

Ok..since I posted so many things about Donald Trump....let me then be fair and post some things about Hillary Clinton....

• Hillary identified as a Republican at the age of 13, when she canvassed the South Side of Chicago for Presidential candidate Richard Nixon. She also volunteered for President-hopeful Barry Goldwater in 1964.
    • She only switched to Democrat in college, during the Civil Rights Movement and the Vietnam War. She also described herself as a “mind conservative and a heart liberal.”
    • Hillary was a political science major, but she wasn’t always interested in politics. Some of the first things she dreamed of being was a journalist, an astronaut and even a baseball player (she was a Cub’s fan).
    • As a child in the 1960s, she wrote to NASA, asking how to become an astronaut, but the program told her that they didn’t accept women. Maybe that’s why she decided to take on political issues, to change the rules of astronaut hiring (probably not).
    • In the early 1990s, Bill was a first-term Governor of Arkansas. He was bringing in $35,000 a year, while Hillary was making $100,000 a year from her law firm salary, and from corporate board fees.
    • Hillary was accepted to both Yale and Harvard. She chose Yale after a friend introduced her to a Harvard professor, and Hillary told the professor that she was choosing between Harvard and their “nearest competitor.”
    • The Harvard professor responded by saying that, “First of all, we have no nearest competitor, and secondly, we don’t need any more women.” Suffice to say, Hillary chose Yale Law. The school only accepted 27 women out of 235 students that year.
    • Despite canvassing for his campaign as a young teen, Hillary was part off the 1974 impeachment inquiry staff in Washington D.C. Her job was to advise the House Committee on Judiciary during the Watergate scandal.
    • Hillary researched procedures and standards of impeachment (on historical grounds, as this was pretty unprecedented at the time). Her work on the committee helped lead to Nixon’s resignation.
    • Before being FLOTUS, Hillary had a great career as a lawyer. In both 1988 and 1991, the National Law Journal called her one of the most powerful 100 lawyers in the country. She was also a partner of her firm.
    • Hillary was subpoenaed for the Whitewater controversy, making her the only First Lady to ever be subpoenaed. The same thing happened again during her civil investigation for Travelgate and Filegate.
    • Benghazi and the FBI “inquiry”/investigation certainly aren’t helping her case while running for President. She and Bill are the only First Couple to be fingerprinted by the FBI.
    • Hillary was a contestant on the TV quiz show College Bowl. She ended up winning multiple times.
    • In 1969, she was shown in Life Magazine after becoming the first student commencement speaker at Wellesley.
    • Hillary organized a babysitting group while she was a teenager. The group cared for children of Mexican workers in Chicago.
    • Despite being hugely successful as a lawyer in her later years, she wasn’t always at the top of her class. She worked several menial jobs that helped her grow and get to where she is now.
    • One of those jobs was working in a canning factory in Alaska during the summer of 1969 (we’re guessing she missed Woodstock). During the summer of 1971, she worked on the subcommittee for Senator Walter Mondale.
    • In a world that is tough on women, Hillary has gone leaps and bounds over other First Ladies. For instance, she is the only First Lady in US history to have a law degree.
    • She is also the only First Lady to become a Senator. She is one of three women to ever become Secretary of State (Madeleine Albright and Condaleezza Rice being the others). And as we all know, she might very well be the first female President of the United States.
    • Besides being the first woman elected to the New York Senate, she has other successes under her belt. She was the first woman to be made a full partner of Rose Law, which is one of the most prestigious law firms in the country.

Someone tell me how Donald Trump can match all of this.....
    Last edited by millionairetobe71; 07-09-2016 at 07:07 AM.

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by millionairetobe71 View Post
    Ok..since I posted so many things about Donald Trump....let me then be fair and post some things about Hillary Clinton....

• Hillary identified as a Republican at the age of 13, when she canvassed the South Side of Chicago for Presidential candidate Richard Nixon. She also volunteered for President-hopeful Barry Goldwater in 1964.
    • She only switched to Democrat in college, during the Civil Rights Movement and the Vietnam War. She also described herself as a “mind conservative and a heart liberal.”
    • Hillary was a political science major, but she wasn’t always interested in politics. Some of the first things she dreamed of being was a journalist, an astronaut and even a baseball player (she was a Cub’s fan).
    • As a child in the 1960s, she wrote to NASA, asking how to become an astronaut, but the program told her that they didn’t accept women. Maybe that’s why she decided to take on political issues, to change the rules of astronaut hiring (probably not).
    • In the early 1990s, Bill was a first-term Governor of Arkansas. He was bringing in $35,000 a year, while Hillary was making $100,000 a year from her law firm salary, and from corporate board fees.
    • Hillary was accepted to both Yale and Harvard. She chose Yale after a friend introduced her to a Harvard professor, and Hillary told the professor that she was choosing between Harvard and their “nearest competitor.”
    • The Harvard professor responded by saying that, “First of all, we have no nearest competitor, and secondly, we don’t need any more women.” Suffice to say, Hillary chose Yale Law. The school only accepted 27 women out of 235 students that year.
    • Despite canvassing for his campaign as a young teen, Hillary was part off the 1974 impeachment inquiry staff in Washington D.C. Her job was to advise the House Committee on Judiciary during the Watergate scandal.
    • Hillary researched procedures and standards of impeachment (on historical grounds, as this was pretty unprecedented at the time). Her work on the committee helped lead to Nixon’s resignation.
    • Before being FLOTUS, Hillary had a great career as a lawyer. In both 1988 and 1991, the National Law Journal called her one of the most powerful 100 lawyers in the country. She was also a partner of her firm.
    • Hillary was subpoenaed for the Whitewater controversy, making her the only First Lady to ever be subpoenaed. The same thing happened again during her civil investigation for Travelgate and Filegate.
    • Benghazi and the FBI “inquiry”/investigation certainly aren’t helping her case while running for President. She and Bill are the only First Couple to be fingerprinted by the FBI.
    • Hillary was a contestant on the TV quiz show College Bowl. She ended up winning multiple times.
    • In 1969, she was shown in Life Magazine after becoming the first student commencement speaker at Wellesley.
    • Hillary organized a babysitting group while she was a teenager. The group cared for children of Mexican workers in Chicago.
    • Despite being hugely successful as a lawyer in her later years, she wasn’t always at the top of her class. She worked several menial jobs that helped her grow and get to where she is now.
    • One of those jobs was working in a canning factory in Alaska during the summer of 1969 (we’re guessing she missed Woodstock). During the summer of 1971, she worked on the subcommittee for Senator Walter Mondale.
    • In a world that is tough on women, Hillary has gone leaps and bounds over other First Ladies. For instance, she is the only First Lady in US history to have a law degree.
    • She is also the only First Lady to become a Senator. She is one of three women to ever become Secretary of State (Madeleine Albright and Condaleezza Rice being the others). And as we all know, she might very well be the first female President of the United States.
    • Besides being the first woman elected to the New York Senate, she has other successes under her belt. She was the first woman to be made a full partner of Rose Law, which is one of the most prestigious law firms in the country.

Someone tell me how Donald Trump can match all of this.....
    Why would he want to match her 50 lies????
    https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/ClintonFacts.pdf

Friday Wrap-Up: Top 50 Facts About Hillary Clinton From Trump 'StakesOf The Election' Address
    Get a free first class world education here. http://www.khanacademy.org/

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - by Franklin, Benjamin.

Supporter and Investor!
    Fact 1: Clinton Trade Deals “Are Disastrous”Trump: "This includes fixing all of our many disastrous trade deals — and they are disastrous, they’redestroying our country, because it’s not just the political system that’s rigged, it’s the whole economy.”(Donald Trump, Speech On Hillary Clinton, New York, NY, 6/22/16)“More Than 5 Million U.S. Manufacturing Jobs Were Lost Between 1997 And 2014,” Primarily DueTo “Growing Trade Deficits With Countries That Have Negotiated Trade And Investment DealsWith The United States.” This Is A Loss Of One-Third Of U.S. Manufacturing During The NAFTAChinaEra. “More than 5 million U.S. manufacturing jobs were lost between 1997 and 2014, and most ofthose job losses were due to growing trade deficits with countries that have negotiated trade andinvestment deals with the United States.” (Robert E. Scott, “Fast Track To Lost Jobs And Lower Wages,” Economic Policy Institute’sWorking Economics Blog, 4/13/15) In December 2014, There Were 12,294 Million U.S. Manufacturing Jobs, Down From17,297,000 U.S. Manufacturing Jobs In 1997. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 6/24/16)Since NAFTA Took Effect In January 1994, The U.S. Has Lost 4,570,000 Manufacturing Jobs, A 27Percent Decline. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 6/21/16) In May 2016, The U.S. Had 12,285,000 Manufacturing Jobs, Down From 16,855,000Manufacturing Jobs In January 1994. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, Accessed 6/21/16) “The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Entered Into Force On January 1,1994.” (M. Angeles Villarreal and Ian Fergusson, “The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA),” Congressional Research Service,4/16/15)After Normalizing Trade Relations With China, The Economic Policy Institute Estimated That“Growth In The U.S. Goods Trade Deficit With China Between 2001 And 2013 Eliminated OrDisplaced 3.2 Million U.S. Jobs.” “Growth in the U.S. goods trade deficit with China between 2001 and2013 eliminated or displaced 3.2 million U.S. jobs, 2.4 million (three-fourths) of which were inmanufacturing. These lost manufacturing jobs account for about two-thirds of all U.S. manufacturing jobslost or displaced between December, 2001 and December 2013.” (Will Kimball and Robert E. Scott, “China Trade, OutsourcingAnd Jobs,” Economic Policy Institute, 12/11/14)The Economic Policy Institute Estimates That The U.S. Trade Deficit With The 11 TPP Nations LedTo The Elimination Of More Than 2 Million U.S. Jobs In 2015. “The U.S. trade deficit with the 11 otherTPP countries eliminated 2 million jobs, as shown in Table 2, which reports the number of direct,indirect, and respending jobs lost (aggregated over all industries). The trade deficit between the UnitedStates and the 11 other TPP member countries in 2015 directly eliminated 418,900 jobs. In addition tothe direct jobs lost, the U.S. trade deficit with the TPP country group eliminated an additional 847,200indirect jobs in supplier industries, including jobs in manufacturing, commodity, and service industries.Finally, wages lost because of direct and indirect job cuts from the trade deficits with the TPP membercountries would have supported an additional 759,700 respending jobs. The direct, indirect, andrespending jobs displaced by the U.S. trade deficit with TPP member countries totals 2,025,800 jobs lost.”(Robert E. Scott and Elizabeth Glass, “Trans-Pacific Partnership, Currency Manipulation, Trade, And Jobs,” Economic Policy Institute, 3/3/16)
    Get a free first class world education here. http://www.khanacademy.org/

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - by Franklin, Benjamin.