Page 568 of 674 FirstFirst ... 68468518558566567568569570578618668 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,680 of 6735

Thread: Make America Great Again !!!

Supporter and Investor!
    BREAKING – Neil Gorsuch Confirmed to the Supreme Court

Cristina Laila Apr 7th, 2017 11:09 am 29 Comments
    Judge Neil Gorsuch has been confirmed by the Senate to the Supreme Court.
    Neil
    Gorsuch was confirmed to the Supreme Court by the Senate today in a 54-45 vote. The vote was primarily on party line, however; three Democrats voted for Gorsuch: Sens. Joe Manchin, Heidi Heitkamp and Joe Donnelly.
    Vice President, Mike Pence presided over the vote.
    Senate Republicans ignited the ‘nuclear option’ earlier this week in order to circumvent the 60 votes needed to confirm Gorsuch.

View image on Twitter

Last edited by Screaming Eagle; 04-07-2017 at 04:42 PM.
    Get a free first class world education here. http://www.khanacademy.org/

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - by Franklin, Benjamin.

Supporter and Investor!
    Wonder what MTB thinks about Trump sending out 59 Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles on Al-Shayrat Air Base...lol. Today he's eating Russian Crow! He must really like birds, he ate so much Hillary crow, 40plus has to be right, he's fat. Then he ate a ton of Trump crow as the election results came in...now he's eating Putin crow.

Supporter and Investor! millionairetobe71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickabuck View Post
    Wonder what MTB thinks about Trump sending out 59 Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles on Al-Shayrat Air Base...lol. Today he's eating Russian Crow! He must really like birds, he ate so much Hillary crow, 40plus has to be right, he's fat. Then he ate a ton of Trump crow as the election results came in...now he's eating Putin crow.

LOL....hey man...you want to know what I think?...You are so stupid and your cognitive capabilities are so compromised and limited that you can't even comprehend what happened....but here is my answer...so you know....

1. Donaldof let know the Russians in advance that he was going to launch a symbolic attack.
    2. The Russians fled the area
    3. The Russians were saved
    4. And it doesn't change the perspective that Donaldof and Putin are sleeping in the same bed

Happy with the answer?
    "We are ready for an unforeseen event that
    may or may not occur." --Al Gore, VP :swear:

World
    Majority Of Republicans Said 'No' When Obama Wanted To Launch A Strike On Syria

Just 11 weeks into office, President Donald Trump has bombed Syria.

The president announced Thursday that he had launched a missile strike on a Syrian air base in retaliation for a deadly chemical weapon attack perpetrated by Syrian President Bashar Assad’s regime. The chemical attack, carried out earlier this week, left at least 70 dead.

In 2013, when a sarin nerve gas attack left more than 1,400 dead outside Damascus, President Barack Obama went to Congress to get approval to strike.

In a whip count from ThinkProgress, 183 Republicans were against bombing the country. Only 12 Republicans, including then-House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), sided with the president to launch a strike. Ultimately, Congress did not appear to approve the strike, with 243 Congressional members swaying towards voting “No.” Obama ultimately decided to postpone the vote.

In the past, Trump appeared as an anti-interventionist, criticizing Obama’s choice to use force in Syria:
    What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 29, 2013
    But Trump declined to seek Congressional approval before launching Thursday’s attack.

Let's make calculation here.....59 Tomahawks+ $1,000,000 a piece = $59 million dollars.....

But..... he cut funding for Sciences and the much needed Meals on Wheels for the American People in need.....humm.....pretty crappy I think...

Last edited by millionairetobe71; 04-08-2017 at 07:24 PM.

The attack is nothing more than to divert the public attention from the actual issue at hands.....Donaldof and his Master Grand Putin took over the Oval Office....and nothing is going to change that....

‘I’m officially off the Trump Train’: Trump’s online base is furious about the Syria strikes

For hours, the Trump Internet warned that their president was being tricked. Mike Cernovich and Alex Jones’s Infowars — both have earned praise from President Trump or those close to him in the recent past — promoted a conspiracy theory all day Thursday that blamed the U.S. deep state for a suspected nerve agent attack Tuesday in Syria, and not the Assad regime. Infowars called the attack a “false flag” meant to force the United States into a war.

(The deep state refers to the conspiracy world’s belief that career government workers can exert authority to influence policy, disregarding elected officials.)

Under the hashtag #SyriaHoax, a part of Twitter that usually musters its powers to promote Trump’s agenda started to urge Trump to stay out of Syria.
    We don't want war in Syria!! Don't believe the #SyriaHoax, we need to focus on our own country right now. America First.
    — Baked Alaska™ (@bakedalaska) April 6, 2017

From a Vet to @POTUS
    1.) No more regime changes
    2.) No more American dead
    3.) No more nation building
    It's what you ran on…#SyriaHoax
    — Based Monitored (@BasedMonitored) April 6, 2017

“I voted for you, my whole family voted for you,” said Angelo John Gage, a Marine veteran who was once the chairman of the white nationalist National Youth Front. “We all busted our a–es to destroy the fake media news, and now you’re falling for it.” His video reaction to rumors of U.S. military action in Syria was a direct address to Trump, and it went viral. Both WikiLeaks and Infowars reposted it.

Five myths about the 'deep state'

No, it doesn’t control national security policy, and it’s not evading oversight. This week, author Marc Ambinder tackles five myths about the “deep state.” (Adriana Usero/The Washington Post)

Cernovich, meanwhile, livestreamed himself talking about Syria for about 11 hours total on Thursday. Days ago, Cernovich was getting praise from Trump’s son, who suggested he should win a Pulitzer. He spent Thursday rallying his followers to try to change Trump’s mind about intervention in Syria.

The White House comment line for @realDonaldTrump is 202-456-1111. Be sure to call to comment about Syria! 202-456-1111
    — Mike Cernovich (@Cernovich) April 6, 2017

Cernovich was adamant that Trump might actually listen to him and his readers for a decent reason: There’s plenty of evidence that Trump reads and values conspiracy-theory sites like Infowars, and Cernovich himself appears to have some readers in the Trump administration. On Sunday, Cernovich was the first to report a story about Obama national security adviser Susan E. Rice requesting the “unmasking” of anonymous Americans named in foreign intelligence reports, implying that he now has sources with access to that information. And on Thursday afternoon, Cernovich said one of his sources told him that U.S. airstrikes were possible in Syria that evening Eastern time, which turned out to be right (although rumors of a possibly military action were circulating around Washington much of the day).

Several hours into his livestream, however, news broke that Trump hadn’t listened to them. “I don’t know if this is true or not. This is not my journalism,” he said, reading the news on his iPad while broadcasting live. “I certainly don’t want this to be true.” As it became clear to him that it was true, Cernovich said: “This is appalling really. This is unbelievable. This is not what we voted for. This is definitely not what we voted for.”

Cernovich resumed taking listeners’ calls. One of the first after the strikes was particularly stark: “Is the world over? Are we all gonna die now?” the caller asked. Cernovich said it wasn’t. The caller responded, “I”m literally scared s—less now. I might have to kill myself. Okay, peace out.”
    Another caller said that “Trump’s contract with the people was essentially void.”

On Twitter, the reaction from the Trump Internet was fractured and furious. Paul Joseph Watson, a YouTuber who writes for Infowars, had one of the most dramatic:

I guess Trump wasn't "Putin's puppet" after all, he was just another deep state/Neo-Con puppet.
    I'm officially OFF the Trump train.
    — Paul Joseph Watson (@PrisonPlanet)
    April 7, 2017
    It's been fun lads, but the fun is over. I'll be focusing my efforts on Le Pen, who tried to warn Trump against this disaster.
    April 7, 2017
    Guys, I can't vehemently oppose destabilizing the Syrian government for 6 years and then support it just because Trump did it. Sorry.
    April 7, 2017

Others began to participate in a meme that’s usually found only among Trump’s opponents: digging up the president’s old tweets on a given topic to point out his hypocrisy:

This tweet has aged horrifically pic.twitter.com/T0deCVOT7d
    — Jack Posobiec (@JackPosobiec) April 7, 2017
    What happened here buddy. Somebody fell for the Democrat fake news yet again https://t.co/PojaB9MqUa
    — Joe Biggs (@Rambobiggs) April 7, 2017

The 4chan /pol/ discussion board was a mess overnight, with posts trying to rationalize the missile strike, criticizing Trump and blaming Trump’s daughter Ivanka for the decision to take military action early Friday local time (Thursday night EDT). Others proclaimed their loyalty to Trump and dismissed his critics on the board as “shills.”
    Intersect newsletter

The corner of the Internet and interesting.

Other Trump Internet personalities were trying to send a different message. Bill Mitchell, for instance, fired off a ton of tweets urging supporters to calm down:

1) Trump takes bold action.
    2) Everyone freaks out.
    3) Time passes and Trump proven right.
    4) Everyone calms down.
    5) Rinse and repeat…
    — Bill Mitchell (@mitchellvii) April 7, 2017
    The same was true on r/The_Donald, an enormous Reddit board best known for spamming Reddit with pro-Trump memes. On Friday morning, one of the top posts there was titled “I’m Done with Trump.” Click through, though, and the punchline is obvious. The body of the post says: “…’s book ‘The Art of the Deal’. What a fantastic read. Did I miss something?” It’s worth noting, though, that r/The_Donald also has a very strict rule against “disrespecting” Trump in any posts there.

Still, it’s hard to say right now how many of Trump’s now-furious supporters will jump off the Trump train for good because of this. Some even found a silver lining in the idea that maybe this would give the impression that the Trump Internet isn’t completely a propaganda machine for whatever the president does. Cernovich ended Thursday night with the conclusion that “Trump’s better nature got the best of him” in authorizing an attack because he has a “soft spot” for children.
    Last edited by millionairetobe71; 04-08-2017 at 07:23 PM.

U.S.
    Trump asked African Americans what they had to lose. For this rural Kentucky community, the answer is tangible.

MOUNT STERLING, Ky. — Jolene Jouett took a short puff from her cigarette and looked out the window at the neighborhood she has known her entire life. She spoke aloud to herself, repeating the question: How had it changed these past 60 years?

Nestled around the boarded-up DuBois Community Center, this predominantly black neighborhood is just a short distance from the rest of timeworn Mount Sterling, a Kentucky town of several thousand people. Just 3 percent of the town’s population is African American, and many of them live along the hilly streets of this particularly frayed neighborhood, where the houses collapsing on their wood frames betray the rural county’s deep poverty, which is even more pronounced among the minorities here.

The community center — once a segregation-era school for black students — for years had a chronically leaky roof, rotting bleachers and crumbling walls until, in 2010, it, too, succumbed to disrepair and was closed for safety reasons. Its closure jolted the neighborhood, whose history is closely tied to the building.

The federal government provided hope for a path toward recovering the historical landmark and community pillar. With $600,000 in federal funding announced in 2014, the DuBois restoration council brought the building back up to code. The center is scheduled to reopen next month with a new gym on the main level to host children, tutoring events, job retraining programs and special programs for black youths.

But the center remains unfinished. President Trump’s proposed budget cuts would end the grant programs that residents hoped would help fund the rest of the restoration. On the campaign trail, Trump had asked African Americans what they had to lose if they voted for him. Here, that question has tangible answers.

Jonikka Garrett, Jouett’s daughter, said she believes many of Trump’s critics have gloated that rural Americans voted for Trump only to see his administration release a budget that would hurt rural voters particularly hard — and ignoring the reality that one-fifth of rural Americans are minorities who probably did not support the president.

“They’re saying, ‘Those people are getting what they deserve.’ And I don’t think they’re taking into account that a lot of people here didn’t vote for him, and we’re suffering, too,” said Garrett, 37. “Personally, I think it’s about being okay with taking another person’s assistance without realizing they’re going to take away yours as well.”

The same year DuBois closed, downtown Mount Sterling began a years-long revitalization and redevelopment effort, and vibrant new shops are opening where shuttered ones once languished. The result presents a striking contrast between the white and black parts of town, separated by just two roads and a short drive uphill.

Has the neighborhood changed from how it was 60 years ago? Jouett says the area around it always has been blacker and poorer than the rest of town; and African American families such as hers could buy and afford houses in the neighborhood even when segregation was the law of the land.

She remembers attending the DuBois School when it was an all-black Rosenwald school teaching kindergarten through 12th grade — one of the last in Kentucky to integrate. When a fire burned the school down in 1964, she and her friends initially felt unwelcome at their new school, and they yearned for their own community space.

“I can remember when we first went to the white schools. It’s like they were scared of us, and we were scared of them. They kept their little cliques, and we kept ours,” she said. “But you know how kids are. Eventually kids are just kids.”

Valerie Scott, who is on the board overseeing the DuBois revitalization, said she thinks children would benefit from structured programming after school and during the summers, when schools are out of session, to give them the tools they need for success.

“A lot of things come down to networking. A lot of these kids’ parents don’t have a network, they don’t have the right circle to get into these certain programs,” Scott said. “This grant allows us to give that opportunity to these kids in this community. I don’t think it’s discrimination, I really don’t. I think it comes down to networking and access.”

Scott and the rest of the board hope to receive more grant funding to fix up the downstairs, a hollowed-out space full of dirt and debris that they envision transforming into classroom areas where they can teach black history, host arts projects and stock a library. Perhaps they could create a neighborhood clinic, part time, which Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson has proposed as part of his “holistic” approach to housing redevelopment. She also said the room could serve as a center for police officers to interact with community members beyond responding to complaints.

For now, the windows remain bricked up to prevent break-ins, and mounds of debris cover the floor. An old scoreboard sits in a corner, and stacks of old school chairs sit in an empty room. “We’re going to keep all that, clean it up,” Scott said.

Carmela Green, 49, grew up in Mount Sterling and attended events and camps at the DuBois Center when she was a child. Those memories were at the top of her mind as she assisted with the grant-writing process that secured the redevelopment funding. A physician assistant by trade, she is also a member of several Mount Sterling community boards and is the vice president of the DuBois revitalization.

Green said she has seen significant improvements in community race relations during her lifetime, and she points to local white business leaders who have taken an interest in DuBois and have volunteered their time to help with the project. But she also acknowledged that young black children see few role models in town, few visages of upward mobility. Those individuals who do get a college education often move away to cities.

“We don’t see African American people in our city council, in leadership in our town,” Green said. “And so when they become educated and get their degree, they’re going to go to where the opportunity is best for them.”

Green hopes that the area will qualify for community development grants in the future, which could help revitalize the blighted parts of the neighborhood.

“It’s about having someone believe in you. Most of the people in this area work, they work hard. But sometimes you’re trying to put your kid through school, and you just don’t have enough money,” she said. “We’re all the same. We all strive to have a successful, prosperous life. I think with time, as long as those grants don’t go away, it’s going to happen.”

Supporter and Investor! Wolverine's Avatar
    "it just may be a lunatic you're looking for" -- Billy Joel

"Thursday is no longer cruciferous vegetables night" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post

This one is a better representation

Or this one: