Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Supporter and Investor!
    Any new information?

After looking online and on here it looks like they will reverse split by two zeros. So 1M of shares would be 10k and the price would go from 1iqd to $0.25ish.

or they'll do a three zero, and we wont make anymore if we had invested in the NYSE.

JMO
    MONEY NEVER SLEEP$

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by What If.... View Post
    Any new information?

After looking online and on here it looks like they will reverse split by two zeros. So 1M of shares would be 10k and the price would go from 1iqd to $0.25ish.

or they'll do a three zero, and we wont make anymore if we had invested in the NYSE.

JMO
    Link and data; please

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by pirata View Post
    Link and data; please
    http://translate.google.com/translat...-AkAZHJAE.html

It's at the bottom of the first post. He mentions 10000 turning into 100. As far as the other, you can crunch the numbers if they do a 1000:1 reverse of shares.

Look at banks in regional countries, they have 3-5B in shares. Warka would have 105-250M with a reverse and shares worth 1-2 dinar. If you count future growth of reaching 5-10 dinar a share and future stock splits over 30ish years, you don't wind up with much more than if you had invested into the NYSE.

1k (USD) X 7 (between 5-10 dinar) X 15 (stock splits) = 100k- ish?

Is that a good return? Ya I guess. Over 30 years? about average.

I pray I'm wrong, believe me. But it's quite possible we just get average returns in the longrun.
    MONEY NEVER SLEEP$

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by pirata View Post
    Link and data; please
    Capital Markets Board• Announced that on the stock market, the market price declared forthe stock of nominal value of 1.000 TL in the existing system,would be declared for the stock of nominal value of 1 YTL in thenew system.• Changed the systems from �1.000.000 TL (nominal) = 1.000pieces = 1 lot� to �1 YTL (nominal) = 1 unit = 1 lot�.• Decided not to conduct operations in the IMKB Stock Markets inorder to avoid any possible complication, the exchange processwhile enabling the members to conduct their year-end operationson December 31st.• Applied the required modifications in the calculation of theIMKB, while maintaining the existing digit numbers to providecontinuity.• Decided to enable price and quotation entries as three decimaldigits for forward exchange operations, with the new price step tobe 0,001 YTL and the profits/losses due to updating collateralprices to accounts as two decimal digits.• Decided the unit prices for investment bonds to be displayed as sixdigits in YTL.

This is for Turkey. What kind of returns would we see if Iraq did something like this?
    MONEY NEVER SLEEP$

Supporter and Investor!
    Hi whatif

i can give you some actuals

2007 investment balance of 4,582,500 iqd stock portfolio 22 stocks are now worth 3,434,470 iqd a rise of 400,000 iqd this year

in 2005 these same stocks were worth 67,154,942.300 iqd

in 2010 the value was just over 9,000,000 iqd

obama withdrew troops

isx collapsed

in august 2013 went down to 4,576,129.980
    low value last year was around 2,8000,000.000 iqd

RECEIVED SUMMARY FROM WARKA & ISX MAY LAST YEAR ONLY ABOUT 50% ARE IN MY NAME THE REST STILL IN PROXY
    HOPE THIS HELPS
    Last edited by tipawin; 01-12-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Supporter and Investor! calstar's Avatar
    tipawin

You are on point...The Iqd was 1271 in 2007. I have been tracking this too. I remember back in 2005 the CBI came out with spreadsheet list that the IQD would come at 1.20. Maybe some of the old timers remember this. I'm watching and waiting to see what Warka will do.

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by calstar View Post
    tipawin

You are on point...The Iqd was 1271 in 2007. I have been tracking this too. I remember back in 2005 the CBI came out with spreadsheet list that the IQD would come at 1.20. Maybe some of the old timers remember this. I'm watching and waiting to see what Warka will do.

That would be spot on with a lop.

So 1M or shares would be 1K and prices would be reduced to 'penny stocks'? or would everything pretty much stay the same but with less shares (potential splits etc.)?
    MONEY NEVER SLEEP$

Supporter and Investor!
    What are the realistic returns of the ISX? Say you invested 5k back in 2006 and have about 5M shares of various banks (in Warka proxy).

How much could it be worth in 30 years?
    Well, there is no such thing as realistic returns. Investments in Iraq are very risky investments. Why are they risky? Because it is hard (or let's say practically impossible) to predict the return. Based on that...how much could it be worth in 30 years? Anything from zero to xxx times your investment. These daydreaming questions are slightly pointless. If you want predictable returns, invest in German government bonds (however, can you even be sure what will happen with Germany in next 30 years?). I wouldn't bet my life on it....

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virenque View Post
    Well, there is no such thing as realistic returns. Investments in Iraq are very risky investments. Why are they risky? Because it is hard (or let's say practically impossible) to predict the return. Based on that...how much could it be worth in 30 years? Anything from zero to xxx times your investment. These daydreaming questions are slightly pointless. If you want predictable returns, invest in German government bonds (however, can you even be sure what will happen with Germany in next 30 years?). I wouldn't bet my life on it....

Pointless, maybe.

But realizing there is a good chance of making average turns is far from daydreaming.
    MONEY NEVER SLEEP$

Supporter and Investor!
    Pointless, maybe.

But realizing there is a good chance of making average turns is far from daydreaming.
    NO!!! because our DREAM WILL COME TRUE.... SOON......