Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your Top 10 Must Have ISX stocks?

My profitable stocks this past year:
    Baghdad Soft Drinks(IBSD)
    Al-Badia Gen Tran (SBAG)
    Palestine Hotel (HPAL)
    Modern Paint Industries (IMPI)
    Iraqi Middle East Bank (BIME)
    Iraqi Land Transport (SILT)
    Al-Warka Bank (BWAI)
    Al-Mansour Hotel (HMAN)
    Al-Mamoura Realestate (SMRI)
    "There are plenty of reasons NOT to buy the Iraqi dinar this year, and plenty of great reasons to buy renminbi instead. So I say stick to the currencies that have value, and leave the dinar for the speculators who don’t know any better." Sean Hyman
    Editor, Currency Cross Trader

I take it, With Warka not trading recently that, they are still "profitable" you just cant get anything out of it right now,correct?
    Believe nothing,no matter where you heard it, or who said it, unless is fits your own realm of beliefs and common sense.....buddah

Yes, based on thier last traded stock price, I"m still in the green with Warka.
    In fact, the stock price would have to drop almost 30% for me to break even.
    Quote Originally Posted by bartyb View Post
    I take it, With Warka not trading recently that, they are still "profitable" you just cant get anything out of it right now,correct?
    "There are plenty of reasons NOT to buy the Iraqi dinar this year, and plenty of great reasons to buy renminbi instead. So I say stick to the currencies that have value, and leave the dinar for the speculators who don’t know any better." Sean Hyman

Quote Originally Posted by Uno View Post
    My profitable stocks this past year:
    Baghdad Soft Drinks(IBSD)
    Al-Badia Gen Tran (SBAG)
    Palestine Hotel (HPAL)
    Modern Paint Industries (IMPI)
    Iraqi Middle East Bank (BIME)
    Iraqi Land Transport (SILT)
    Al-Warka Bank (BWAI)
    Al-Mansour Hotel (HMAN)
    Al-Mamoura Realestate (SMRI)
    Uno, have you heard any news about our free and paid up shares, (Iraqi Land Transport (SILT) we are due?
    Too soon I quess.

Trusty
    Did you know that a horse's eyes are the same size at birth as when he is full grown....WOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
    Warka,Middle East,Economy,Credit,Bank of Baghdad,Land Transport,al Badia,National Chemical.Electronics,Mamoura,Investment Bank,Nineveh Food,Light,Baghdad soft Drink,Al-Hilal,Carton,-----OK,so I "fudged" a bit-These are my top stocks-not necessarily in order
    I'd ALSO Add MODERN CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS ... Going Up .. UP ..UP
    Tried To Buy At .85 Dinar ... Today ... 1.61 Dinar

I have Al mansour phama and Credit bank

Also Iraqi engineering going up

Quote Originally Posted by Invest4later View Post
    What do you mean "tried"...Do you not always get what you want as long as it's trading?
    Believe nothing,no matter where you heard it, or who said it, unless is fits your own realm of beliefs and common sense.....buddah

Dear Warka Investors, Iraqi Land Transportation has announced that it will be issuing: 91% free shares and 53% paid up shares at the price of IQD (1) per share for those shares owned prior to holding its general assembly meeting. Shareholders are kindly requested to submit their signed authorization letters to purchase the paid up shares by January 25th 2011 and any request received after this date will be considered null and void by our bank. Please send your signed requests to our ISX department isx@warka-bank-iq.com Best regards, ISX Department Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

I put in orders for Modern Construction Materials, Credit and Baghdad for Tuesday. I hope I get them. Trying to build up my position in Credit and Baghdad Bank. Modern Construction is new for me.
    Last edited by BettingOn Iraq; 01-10-2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Addition

Quote Originally Posted by bartyb View Post
    What do you mean "tried"...Do you not always get what you want as long as it's trading?
    There Are Only So Many Shares To Go Around .. And If I't A HOT Stock .. The Big Players Normally Get It First ..
    OR ..You Put In An Order ..and ..At the Next Sessions ..It.s NOT Trading .. Been Doing This For 3 Yrs Now ...

Hope That Helps !

I picking up more BDSI this week and HKAR. A new stock that I want to build a position in is IIEW.
    It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

Thats a good stock

It took two days, but Rabee just finished my BDSI order today.
    As Invest4dinar stated, sometimes no one is selling the hot stock, especially if they think it will go up again tomorrow.
    I'm considering BOB and Modern Construction too.
    I was considering agriculture last month, but that sector doesn't seem to be doing as well as the others.
    We should continue, maybe even expand stock cross talk like this thread.
    I think there is enough room for everyone to make a very nice profit!

Quote Originally Posted by BettingOn Iraq View Post
    I put in orders for Modern Construction Materials, Credit and Baghdad for Tuesday. I hope I get them. Trying to build up my position in Credit and Baghdad Bank. Modern Construction is new for me.
    I too took a position this week in Modern Construction after having looked at their financials. Wanted to take advantage of their low PE ratio and return to the market. The question is where did Warka put me in line?

Also remember that Investment bank is handleing the clearing for the ISX. They take a fraction of the fees for their service. These exploding volumes should be a good sign for this Bank stock. Look at NYX, CME and the Nas. Could you imagine if they ever started to handle the clearing for commodities? All I am saying is that you should take a diversified position in a Bank, Pharma, Insurance, Transport, Ag and then go back and fill in the gaps.

Alot of great suggestions on this thread.
    "Bankers own the Earth, Take it away from them but leave them the power to create money and control credit and with the flick of a pen they will create enough to buy it back"- Sir Josiah Stamp former President Bank of England.
    Adoption is a reason to be Thankful.

There Are Only So Many Shares To Go Around .. And If I't A HOT Stock .. The Big Players Normally Get It First ..
    OR ..You Put In An Order ..and ..At the Next Sessions ..It.s NOT Trading .. Been Doing This For 3 Yrs Now ...

Hope That Helps !
    Got it...I think...I'm seriously new at this so please bear with me and my "dumb" questions.

Uno has a great idea here and it will help us newbs out a bunch.

I'll ask "dumb" questions on a new thread

Opportunist, Investment Bank was one of my first purchases because they act as clearing house for ISX. I am heavy in all the leading banks.

I also have good positions with transports, Al-Hilal, National Chemical, Al Khazer Construction and Baghdad Softdrinks. Modern Construction is new for me. The financials do look good, part of the appeal for me too. I can't wait to see what I was able to purchase tomorrow or Friday. This is so much fun!!!

I'm lacking in Insurance ( tried to get Gulf Ins. before they went out for gen meeting), Pharma and Ag.

Good luck to all in building very valuable stock portfolios.
    Last edited by BettingOn Iraq; 01-12-2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by lglwzrd View Post
    warka ia a good bank stock.
    I would actually disagree with that as they are suspended from trading

Quote Originally Posted by Will-it-happen? View Post
    I would actually disagree with that as they are suspended from trading
    Dayum that was eight months ago. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 435613422 View Post
    me too , but why is their share price going down ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast