Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Supporter and Investor!

For those with Warka ISX proxy holdings

Just an FYI that I was able to get an updated account balance from Warka after about 10 emails. They sent me a PDF that gave the dinar amount of my portfolio, it seemed pretty close to what I thought was in there. I had asked for a breakdown of share holdings which was not given. The interesting part is the whole dinar balance showed under the ticker BUND. I'm curious if all are holdings are in some sort of Bond currently?

Dear Sir,

Please find attached your electronic stock statement as issued by the ISX depository system.

Best regards,

Shareholders Department
    Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

Supporter and Investor!
    So they still have them and are accounted for? I quit trying to get an update after about 5 tries.
    MONEY NEVER SLEEP$

Supporter and Investor!
    I feel very confident we will see our money, just not confident on when...

Supporter and Investor!
    Likewise, as I have not received any responses whatsoever, I was (and still am) so close to checking this off as a loss. Unless, by some miracle, they do happen to still have our portfolios accounted for and at some point I do get an accurate balance sheet on my portfolio.

If you don't mind spacetuna, would you mind letting me know the email addy's for who it is that provided you with the update (post here or PM)? I would like to give it one more try.

Supporter and Investor!
    I received the response from 3044@warka-bank-iq.com

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by spacetuna View Post
    I feel very confident we will see our money, just not confident on when...
    Given that's been 10 years for some of us, I don't plan on seeing anything in 35 years. If I'm lucky my kids might get to enjoy it
    MONEY NEVER SLEEP$

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by What If.... View Post
    Given that's been 10 years for some of us, I don't plan on seeing anything in 35 years. If I'm lucky my kids might get to enjoy it
    This investment suppose to take place
    beteeen 5 to 10 years without delays,
    But Issis got in the middle!!

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by pirata View Post
    This investment suppose to take place
    beteeen 5 to 10 years without delays,
    But Issis got in the middle!!
    Oh I know. I bet it would have been about 10yrs until ISIS took over. I remember reading about Harvard investment gurus talking about investing in Iraq about a month before ISIS started. But given the damage, who knows how long it will take to rebuild what was lost.

I would love to be wrong and hope it happens next year, but...

I'm in it until I die (if I still have proxy shares still anyway).
    MONEY NEVER SLEEP$

Supporter and Investor!
    BUND would be short for Warka owners name. It would seem that he is holding the shares in proxy.
    Can't understand normal thinking

Supporter and Investor!
    May I ask what email service you guys are using to successfully get responses from Warka? I have been using Yahoo Mail ever since we first got into this back in 2006. Up until about 3 years ago, I had no issue getting responses. I just tried yet again about 3 weeks ago and still no dice.

Wondering if perhaps I use another email service. Not sure if the browser itself has anything to do with it. I doubt it. Another email service I can see possibly making a difference.