Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike032588 View Post
    I reallly wish Mr. I was responding to my emails... Than i would be so excited... but I am very fustrated and out of options as to how to get ahold of Warka... BECAREFUL guys... i love Warka and Mr I... But im at a loss of words... amost 3 years with out one email... after 7 years of back and forth... im very angry...
    There must have been a phone number somewhere we could call. Weren't there some people actually having a verbal contact with Mr.I in the past?

Supporter and Investor!
    Here is some info I found. Please post if you reach someone. I do not know if this number is still working. I have not every tried it.

Al-Warka Contact Information
    Al-Warka Bank
    Head Office
    Building 50
    Q902, St 14
    Al-Wihda District
    (P.O.Box 3559 Elwiya)
    Baghdad, Iraq

Ph: +964-1-717027
    Fax: +964-1-17179555

Primary address
    Warka Bank for Investment and Finance J.S.C. Building
    Al Khalani Square
    10th Floor
    Iraq
    Baghdad
    Region
    Baghdad
    CONTACT

Tel: +964 17-178444
    Tel: +964 17-172828

Email: info@warka-bank-iq.com
    www.warka-bank.com

Here is a third number to try 964 8869880
    Last edited by James; 02-15-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by 40plus View Post
    Being cordial and polite does go a long way. I've always gotten a response from Mr I regarding withdrawals and CD rollovers up until Dec of 2015, at which point they stopped offering them & I stopped requesting rollovers. I did get a password renewal response from him around that time too. Once the CBI letter of restoration came out I decided to simply ride this out quietly..let them do what they have to do until our funds are available.

In the US, many of us are quite spoiled and often show it with agitated vocal insistence for 'fast service' and kowtowing by the plebes. This Mc-Dee/Starbucks syndrome does nothing for enhancing relations..especially if the vendor is under some type of stress.

I believe Warka Bank is doing and has been doing everything possible to survive the CBI attack, and indeed it appears they have weathered the storm to this point. My suggestion to those put on 'hold'...be patient, you should have known what you were getting involved in before letting the $$ pass out of your hand into Iraq.

Thanks for keeping us posted, looking forward to any response you get.

This has been my experience as well through the years. I received my password renewal email from them last week. Waiting patiently for more info.

Supporter and Investor!
    i have been extremely respectful always.. and again they just stopped talking one day....
    I'm not giving up till i'm successful. Iraq is an investment that will make us millions however it might take time. Click here to Laugh Click here to get Scared Know any good stocks? PM me the Symbol. Genius STUDY MY LIFE IT WILL MAKE YOUR RICH>>HERE<<

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike032588 View Post
    i have been extremely respectful always.. and again they just stopped talking one day....

Likewise. I'm thinking they will be back & we will get our $$ eventually.
    Nothing will happen with the dinar until the banks go electronic.

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by 40plus View Post
    Likewise. I'm thinking they will be back & we will get our $$ eventually.
    unfortunately I don't share your optimism. Warka had all services approved in June 2016 and supposedly had a "get well plan" meeting with the cbi, yet no update or information from Warka. It is taking too long for them to do anything that we can see. I've read they are participating in the currency auctions but for who? They have not responded to nor transferred any money from my IQD to my USD account.

I'd be very surprised if we get our money back. If we do I will be one of the many transferring my money and closing my account. Zero trust in Warka Bank

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazileiro View Post
    I'd be very surprised if we get our money back. If we do I will be one of the many transferring my money and closing my account. Zero trust in Warka Bank
    Too damn right pal. Can't imagine there would be anyone stupid enough to think otherwise. Zero trust is overstating it.

Don't check in here much at all these days, maybe once every few weeks, I see it's all very quiet. ISX stock prices are on their arse and sitting at fractions of what I paid for them. Not sure if this is purely down to general downward price trend or dilution, but whatever, I don't care ! At current ISX prices and with money on deposit in Warka, I think Iraq must owe me around $50k. I wrote this off probably 5 years ago and have no reason to see it coming back anytime soon. The country has proved without doubt in my mind that it will NEVER emerge from being a backward, bigoted, lawless place

Not all bad though !!!! I am currently making an obscene amount of money buying into decent undervalued small cap, natural resource shares on the London AIM market. Generally this type of investing is seen as very high risk and very high reward, but we are starting to move off the multi year cyclical lows in the commodities market and these small companies are now starting to see vastly increased stock valuations as a result. This means risk, whilst still there in abundance, is much reduced and reward much increased. Demand on natural resources was always going to start out-stripping supply at some point as it always does every 8 - 10 years. Just the beginning here and if Trump delivers on his promises, there will be massive additional demand coming to market over the next few years, turning the boom into a mega boom.

Take a look into the coming commodities boom and see how to capitalise on it

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by 24mm exposed grid View Post
    Too damn right pal. Can't imagine there would be anyone stupid enough to think otherwise. Zero trust is overstating it.

Don't check in here much at all these days, maybe once every few weeks, I see it's all very quiet. ISX stock prices are on their arse and sitting at fractions of what I paid for them. Not sure if this is purely down to general downward price trend or dilution, but whatever, I don't care ! At current ISX prices and with money on deposit in Warka, I think Iraq must owe me around $50k. I wrote this off probably 5 years ago and have no reason to see it coming back anytime soon. The country has proved without doubt in my mind that it will NEVER emerge from being a backward, bigoted, lawless place

Not all bad though !!!! I am currently making an obscene amount of money buying into decent undervalued small cap, natural resource shares on the London AIM market. Generally this type of investing is seen as very high risk and very high reward, but we are starting to move off the multi year cyclical lows in the commodities market and these small companies are now starting to see vastly increased stock valuations as a result. This means risk, whilst still there in abundance, is much reduced and reward much increased. Demand on natural resources was always going to start out-stripping supply at some point as it always does every 8 - 10 years. Just the beginning here and if Trump delivers on his promises, there will be massive additional demand coming to market over the next few years, turning the boom into a mega boom.

Take a look into the coming commodities boom and see how to capitalise on it
    if both of you INVESTED A LOT of money and you wanted to withdraw it why don't you go there and withdraw I think Warka are still bank open their bank activities THEN IF YOU WANTED TO HELP OUR MEMBERS JUST POSTED HERE WHAT HAPPENED

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by BatmaninIraq View Post
    if both of you INVESTED A LOT of money and you wanted to withdraw it why don't you go there and withdraw I think Warka are still bank open their bank activities THEN IF YOU WANTED TO HELP OUR MEMBERS JUST POSTED HERE WHAT HAPPENED
    Haha, Seriously ???

I wouldn't fly to Iraq, even if Mr I was waiting at the airport with a suitcase full of cash.

As I said earlier, I wrote this 'investment' off long ago.

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by BatmaninIraq View Post
    It's been posted that Warka allows only VERY LIMITED amounts to be withdrawn in person. I tried transferring my money back BEFORE they were put into guardianship in order to buy a house and was told then by Warka they could only transfer $X amount at a time. A short time later they were under guadianship.

I've sent a request to have money transferred from my IQD to USD account back when the CBI approved all services for Warka again. No transfer was done and no response from Mr I or anyone at Warka to the request. If you think Warka is open to provide services then why can't they provide wire transfers as any bank can do?

What would be the best thing BatmaninIraq is if Warka put out some information as to their current status in regards to being open for business again, or if they are going through a specific process in order to open for full service again and expect to open in X days/months/years/never. Instead they keep everyone in the dark.

The Commerce? bank is opening again pretty quickly after being approved for re-listing. Why isn't Warka?