Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Supporter and Investor!

IQD showing on Bloomberg

For all the old hands, ( and new ones), the IQD became a searchable currency in the Bloomberg currency section on their home page. Those who've been around remember the days when some wondered if it would ever show up anywhere like that. Started about 4 days ago, but I waited to post to make sure it would still be available. It also feels good that a U.S. Treasury delegation visited CBI just days before. I was in Iraq LONG ago, when Bremer was still there, and there were 24 U.S. Treasury people working at the CBI then. The only way I know is that there was a plot to kidnap them, which went out on the warning wires in the Green Zone. So if they've been there that long, an ordinary delegation visit wouldn't be news, these must have been higher ups, no lightweights. Hope springs eternal.

$
    Last edited by dollarsign; 02-27-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Supporter and Investor! odus1000's Avatar
    Fantastic news... I almost ready to cash in...

Supporter and Investor!

$

Supporter and Investor!
    Link please,very interesting!!

Supporter and Investor!
    https://www.bloomberg.com/

just hit currencies, and enter the amt.

https://www.bloomberg.com/markets/currencies

​$

Supporter and Investor!
    Hey Dollarsign! Thanks for your posts. Hope definitely springs eternal..seems like eternity anyway. Are Big $$$ heading our way?
    [Still kicking]

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by 40plus View Post
    Hey Dollarsign! Thanks for your posts. Hope definitely springs eternal..seems like eternity anyway. Are Big $$$ heading our way?
    Good question ; I don't see anything differences xe has the Iqd on
    their list as well for the longest!!

Supporter and Investor!
    I see $$$for sure pirata. and though 40plus is correct, it's been on xe for a while, the Bloomberg disclamer says their rate is based on a composite of indexes, and comes days after Treasury visited the CBI. I think what we need is the Strategic Framework Agreement, Section V, item 4 to be put into force. Check it out, as it does exactly what we need.

​$

Last edited by dollarsign; 03-01-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Supporter and Investor! millionairetobe71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dollarsign View Post
    I see $$$for sure pirata. and though 40plus is correct, it's been on xe for a while, the Bloomberg disclamer says their rate is based on a composite of indexes, and comes days after Treasury visited the CBI. I think what we need is the Strategic Framework Agreement, Section V, item 4 to be put into force. Check it out, as it does exactly what we need.

​$

It is a good document, however, from the Iraq perspective, the US is not the sole lifesaving line. The Framework Agreement emphasizes the mutual cooperation between the two countries and basically, what we are saying to the Iraqis is that we are not going to take financial, economic or military advantage over them. But there is more. The document was signed in 2009, and from 2009 to now, a lot has happened and we don't know yet how well this document will play out.

Yes, the US sent a delegation to visit the CBI, but we don't know all the details, at least not yet. We don't know how well the US will be involved in Iraq post-ISIS. And we certainly don't know how safe the country will be after. Hey, I was in Taji when we bombed the crap out of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and we thought that there would be no more Al-Qaeda in Iraq...but we were wrong, because what came after this man was even worse. So, lets not hold the breath in that regard.

I would like to see Iraq completing their financial obligations to Kuwait under UN Security Council Resolution 687 first, that is because the mandated war reparations to Kuwait takes a chunk out of their oil revenues. I would like to see Iraq strengthening economic ties with their neighbors, and inviting more foreign investors. If those conditions are met, I think we would be ok......

That is my .02 cents....

MTB71
    "We are ready for an unforeseen event that
    may or may not occur." --Al Gore, VP :swear:

Supporter and Investor!
    The middle east indeed works on its own timeline, no hurry. Their present leadership has called for enactment of the Strategic Framework Agreement so there is some hope. We continue to be vigilant, and hope for the best.

​$