Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Supporter and Investor!
    The middle east indeed works on its own timeline, no hurry. Their present leadership has called for enactment of the Strategic Framework Agreement so there is some hope. We continue to be vigilant, and hope for the best.

​$

Supporter and Investor! millionairetobe71's Avatar
    Yes, but would that be a revised Framework Agreement?...... I don't think the Iraqis are leaning heavily on our side. We didn't left Iraq in "good standing", and certainly, there is still too many black raining cloud hanging over the current Iraqi Government regarding their mutual involvement with the US.

Remember, if the Iraqis were to choose between a stronger alliance between US and Iran, who you think they would choose?...... Al-Sadr is still a very powerful presence, many Shias feels the same way as Al-Sadr. The country is still very ethnically, economically and politically fractured and there isn't a plausible solution as of yet, at least not in the near future.

So I think that if they were to enact an Strategic Framework Agreement, I think is going to be an updated, revised version but to what extend could be favorable or un-favorable to us, is to be seeing.
    "We are ready for an unforeseen event that
    may or may not occur." --Al Gore, VP :swear:

Supporter and Investor!
    it is hard to know since they long ago ended the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction reports to congress. That was where I kept up with what we were doing in Iraq as far as our Government agencies were concerned. As for who Iraq would pick between us and iran, the Sunnis would lean one way, the Kurds another, and the Shia another. As far as Money goes, Iran would gain nothing by having influence over a financially weak Iraq. It would be in their interest to let another power build up that sector of Iraq, make it internationally viable, then move in. One less thing for them to have to do.

​$
    Last edited by dollarsign; 03-16-2017 at 09:23 PM.