Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Supporter and Investor!

Realistic Expectations

What are the realistic returns of the ISX? Say you invested 5k back in 2006 and have about 5M shares of various banks (in Warka proxy).

How much could it be worth in 30 years?
    MONEY NEVER SLEEP$

Supporter and Investor!
    Enough for your children,look at Japan and Germany
    today!!

Supporter and Investor! millionairetobe71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by What If.... View Post
    What are the realistic returns of the ISX? Say you invested 5k back in 2006 and have about 5M shares of various banks (in Warka proxy).

How much could it be worth in 30 years?
    Well..... this is my thoughts.....

If we are able to kick ISIS out of Iraq, and if the economic and security atmosphere improves, most importantly, the HCL passes, then there are good chances that you and your generation will be well position financially....

And we are not even talking if we compound the shares. But Iraq is a whole different beast that it is in a whole different category. It is extremely difficult to analyze and trying to determine what path the country may take that will help us to, at the least, vaguely predicts how well our investment will do.

We can only hope that they will follow the same steps as Kurdistan and get better......
    "We are ready for an unforeseen event that
    may or may not occur." --Al Gore, VP :swear:

Supporter and Investor!
    I probably get lamb blasted , but what difference does it make.

The dinar is based on one dinar per share . The removal of the three zero of the SDR rate .000597 would multiply the dinar by 1000 times of the present value.

So IMO for a example BBOB at .680 fils x 1000 would equal 680 dinars.

Heck a guy can dream can't he it my nickel.
    Last edited by mcdan; 05-30-2016 at 07:51 AM.
    Only two definning forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and American Soldier one died for your soul the other for your freedom
    http://www.investorsiraq.com/attachm...2&d=1198628312

Supporter and Investor! millionairetobe71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdan View Post
    I probably get lamb blasted , but what difference does it make.

The dinar is based on one dinar per share . The removal of the three zero of the SDR rate .000597 would multiply the dinar by 1000 times of the present value.

So IMO for a example BBOB at .680 file x 1000 would equal 680 dinars.

Heck a guy can dream can't he it my nickel.

I don't know but I think that it does make a lot of difference. I think that there has been some studies related to your inquiry, but I can't recall if is Zimbabwe or Venezuela economy....
    "We are ready for an unforeseen event that
    may or may not occur." --Al Gore, VP :swear:

Supporter and Investor!
    Here a sample Kuwait National Bank

http://www.kuwaitse.com/Stock/Stock.aspx?Stk=101
    Only two definning forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and American Soldier one died for your soul the other for your freedom

Supporter and Investor! haggisbasher's Avatar
    I Believe Warka bank share wear trading during Saddam rule a high of 35 IQD and I think could go trade at this level again, think I will buy me some & soon.LOL.

Supporter and Investor!
    I have seen the National Kuwait Bank at 2500 in the past. There share value is 100 file ( is what is stated in the link I just posted )
    The high Warka Stock was in 2005 . The history of there stock price was still there the last time I look. I believe I saw 39 dinars for the high.

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdan View Post
    I have seen the National Kuwait Bank at 2500 in the past. There share value is 100 file ( is what is stated in the link I just posted )
    The high Warka Stock was in 2005 . The history of there stock price was still there the last time I look. I believe I saw 39 dinars for the high.
    It definitely could get back up there. But what about the 75 billion shares Warka has? NKB themselves only have about 5 billion.
    MONEY NEVER SLEEP$

Supporter and Investor!
    Cancel by me no reason
    Last edited by mcdan; 06-04-2016 at 04:07 AM. Reason: no reason