Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other Banks

Supporter and Investor!

Other Banks

Does anyone have an Iraqi Bank account other than with Warka Bank?

If so would you be willing to share your opinion about your experiences with your bank.

Would you recommend (this bank) to others and would you provide contact information so other may follow suit.

Thank you.

Supporter and Investor!
    I'd also be interested if anyone has an account with another bank in Iraq.

Supporter and Investor!
    I sent out several requests during the last 3 weeks to "other banks" customer service departments but no replies.

I will try again this week to see if I can get a response.

Supporter and Investor!
    cool thanks James.

Supporter and Investor!
    Here was an email I received recently. I went to National Bank's website and used their "contact us" tab.

Of course not the answer I was hoping for..

Welcome to National Bank of Iraq

Regarding your message on our website

We intend to tell you that you can open a new account if you have these requirements

1- you must be in Iraq and visit the branch to fill the required forms for new account and sign all forms

2- you must be known from employee inside the branch or a costumer

3- have a colored copy of valid passport

4- have an address inside Iraq and your address in your home land

5- the residence inside Iraq if you have on
    e

For more information you can visit our branches in kurdistand ( Erbil, sulimanyh ) , Baghdad (saadun st , Mansour, raghiba khatun ) ,Basra ( Rumaila ,Um Qasir ),karbala And Najaf

Supporter and Investor! calstar's Avatar
    Hi James

Its does suck that you cannot open an account in Iraq. My story I was able to open an account with Credit Bank of Iraq back in 2006 thru National Bank of Kuwait. I have been trying to contact them since 2007. They do have a branch in New York I called and get nothing a recording. I also read that all account that not active since 2012 will closed and all funds will be returned in to the CBI. So I keep trying! Good Luck!

Supporter and Investor!
    I have not really looked any more into the Iraq banks.
    Now that I am with al Karmal they use (BBOB) to transfer funds. I have funds at al Karmal for dividends and some money I wired to them. I can either keep buying stocks or let hose funds sit there. If/when there is an increase of currency value I can request money be sent back to me from al Karmal. Now if al Karmal would offer a credit card that would be nice.
    Warka still might be an option but I would not send money to them anymore. Just hope I would be able to close that account ASAP.

Supporter and Investor!

Forum bugged

ok the Alexa post has crashed and become unstable again at my side, I am posting here if possible again to see if it will follow through and allow a responce to be posted.

If it does post you will be seeing this............ and possibly understand this error event, and if you are willing to assist by responding in kind, maybe we can get someone at the dev level to respond and repair this forum. So if you can read and respond that may help yes?
    Last edited by crazyfrank; 05-26-2019 at 03:37 PM.
    E Pluribus Unum
    This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private.

Supporter and Investor!
    I can read your post.

Supporter and Investor!
    When I go to read other posts I get the error jargon. I have found I can click on whomever has posted the story's personal info and read it from there if that make any sense?