Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go!!

Supporter and Investor!
    What does it mean tho?!?!
    I'm not giving up till i'm successful. Iraq is an investment that will make us millions however it might take time. Click here to Laugh Click here to get Scared Know any good stocks? PM me the Symbol. Genius STUDY MY LIFE IT WILL MAKE YOUR RICH>>HERE<<

Supporter and Investor!
    ease of integration into a greater financial system.

​$

Supporter and Investor!
    But when... dollarsign ? I hope I am wrong but I think 8 years of Obama let Iran infiltrate into the Iraqi banking and other critical parts of their government. I want to be wrong on this.
    The POTUS, Barack Hussein Obama, (aka Barry Soetoro) continues to prove that he is now the MOTUS - Marxist of the USA with much more collateral damage yet to come.

Supporter and Investor!
    Iran, after decades of heavy sanctions doesn't have the capacity to build the "free and prosperous" Iraq that Bush often alluded to, and wouldn't seem to gain from having influence over a failed state. Better to let us do that heavy lifting, then swoop in full force. (their republican guard had been sniffing around for years laying ground work) The present administration doesn't seem to understand that slashing the Dept. of State 30% would kill anything we're waiting for, by gutting USAID. That is the agency within the Dept. of State where the money to train the Iraqi banking system, CBI down, and help modernize the ISX comes from. It is how the Bush administration's goals for the "prosperous" part in free and prosperous, would be realized.
    We would face the whole Shia (iran) Sunni (Saudi) battle for influence with/on their neighbor regardless of who was in office, and de-Baathification after shock and awe (removal of virtually all Sunnis (saddam's cronies) from military leadership certainly poured gas on a fire that already existed. These ousted generals weren't going to go away, so they morph into ISIS. They seem to tear up each others cities, but haven't lobbed a single grenade at a supertanker, or tanker loading platform, which makes no sense on the surface, and no one even asks why? But my main focus is what happens to USAID, because if they're cut, and Iran or others take over training and building Iraqi financial institutions, we're all in trouble. Hopefully cooler heads prevail, and I have confidence they will.
    As for when Dinar Shore, many moves were made from November 2017 to the end of the year with U.N. sanction removal etc. that seem to pave the way for integration into the global financial system (Section V sub. para. 4 of the Strategic Framework Agreement). Only wish I knew when,

$

Supporter and Investor!
    picking up the pace...

Baghdad, Iraq,
    February 20, 2018—IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, and the Central Bank of Iraq are launching a series of specialized workshops, starting today, to raise corporate governance standards in Iraqi banks and strengthen the country’s banking sector.

IFC’s advisory services team will support the Central Bank in implementing its new mandatory corporate governance banking guidelines. IFC will initially train all key managers in the Central Bank and then roll out workshops to board members from all the country’s banks. Topics include understanding the unique nature of governance in the sector, the right composition of boards, and risk management best practice.
    Aly Al Alaq, Governor of the Central bank said: “Helping banks implement sound corporate governance practices will increase the sector’s resilience and sustainability and make them more investment-friendly, enabling banks to not only boost efficiency, but also increase profit.”
    ​$

Last edited by dollarsign; 02-22-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Supporter and Investor!

Further integration...

Supporter and Investor!
    So Jan 2019 before warka open ?

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Will-it-happen? View Post
    So Jan 2019 before warka open ?
    according to an email I received dated 3 Feb 2018 from Qismah Saleh Ali banking.supervision@cbi.iq , Acting Drector General of the Banking Supervision Office at the CBI, as of that date Warka Bank is NOT closed! But that was all the info the CBI had to say about Warka Bank other than for me to contact Warka Bank about their services.

If they are not closed they must be open, just not providing any of the services the CBI approved them to provide.

Supporter and Investor!

Not sure

I never followed warka because I never dealt with them at all. I just know that they were de-listed the same time basra international bank for investment was, and for the same reason, no money left. In warka's case the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers wrote a check for around $685k for completion of a hospital, and they didn't have the funds, nor any reserves to cover it. Iraqi govt. was mad at Shabibi for not keeping watch over the system and catching the problem. This was in one of the Special Inspector General for Iraqi Reconstruction reports to Congress, which was a quarterly report that ceased producion long ago. Completely lost track of them after that.
    The document I posted just says all Iraqi banks will be SWIFT compliant before December of this year, which is a great thing.

$

Supporter and Investor!
    Important Law passed, creation of a National Oil Company-- https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...GH1XB?rpc=401&