Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guys be honest, how long is this going to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickabuck View Post
    Why would you send your money overseas and not have online banking? It's like 10 bucks.

Had you read posts by other members, or even bothered to monitor what is happening, you wouldn't be asking the questions you are. PM English Bob, he knows more than anybody.
    KB

LOL

"PM English Bob, he knows more than anybody"

You are S#i!!ing me right???

EB
    A day without laughter is a day wasted: Charlie Chaplin.

NO RV TODAY! MAYBE TOMMOROW!

Quote Originally Posted by Kickabuck View Post
    Hang in there, pulling out funds now is a BIG mistake. There's an 80 percent chance (kickabuck logic) of getting your money back X 5 in 10 years...I'm playing those cards.

KB

You may well regret above statements!! "Hang in there, pulling out funds now is a BIG mistake"

5 x in 10 years means it will take 5 times longer to get your money out and as I am approaching a year soooooooooooooooooooooon (lol) and that is if Dodge is still allowed to play with the rest of the World then.

What's that saying a "leopard never changes it's spots" ................Iraq is a leopard and although a few spots may have been removed in the last few years anyone can see them comming back if you take your sunglasses off!

good Luck to all

EB
    A day without laughter is a day wasted: Charlie Chaplin.

NO RV TODAY! MAYBE TOMMOROW!

Land of mindless zombie wall street protesters

Lol............................................... ...........
    Quote Originally Posted by english bob View Post
    se

i transferd my iraq dinar account into $ back in august last year(done it ion the online banking)....................still waiting to get them back.

I have lost on the interest rate (as it is better in dinar) and now the exchange rate 1166................thinking it would only be a few months it get my money out is costing me very very dear.

Eb
    A veteran - whether active duty, reserve, national guard or retired - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." - That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

This dollar issue is likely due to the restriction on dollar selling by CBI due to neighboring countries cashing in their currency for dollars via Iraqi banks. I am ok with it as dollar selling without rv is either CBI screwup or insider cashing inside CBI

The deal with 10 years investing that these kind of issues will keep coming till Iraqi financial system stabilize which may take about this long. So anyone expecting quick fix do not know the working in third world countries.

As far as Warka is concerned I consider my warka stock a total loss, I am counting on the holdings that I have with Warka on other companies, than who knows what may happen to other holdings either, as ISX is not even yet under frontier markets classification.

Default Only Basrah Bank

Quote Originally Posted by chakkarchee View Post
    This dollar issue is likely due to the restriction on dollar selling by CBI due to neighboring countries cashing in their currency for dollars via Iraqi banks. I am ok with it as dollar selling without rv is either CBI screwup or insider cashing inside CBI

The deal with 10 years investing that these kind of issues will keep coming till Iraqi financial system stabilize which may take about this long. So anyone expecting quick fix do not know the working in third world countries.

As far as Warka is concerned I consider my warka stock a total loss, I am counting on the holdings that I have with Warka on other companies, than who knows what may happen to other holdings either, as ISX is not even yet under frontier markets classification.
    I have only written on Basrah Bank so far. At least I can communicate with Warka and know they are there in theory.

My thoughts on the current ISX is most of the current companies on the exchange are where they are at and not much will come of them w a few exceptions. they were start up stocks in getting the ISX rolling. They have multiplied so far to date that the values cant go much higher. Optimistic 5 x's current price. Good, but better investments could be made elsewhere. As far as new stocks (telecoms for example) we wont have a chance to get in on them new. When the price peaks our orders will be processed. But I am in and not going anywhere and hope I am completely wrong and get big "told you so's" from my IIF brothers (and sisters).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Sumerian News", that "the real value of the coin is the value of goods received by the individual and on the strength of the national economy"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12