Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: More profit to the shareholders

  1. #1
    Supporter and Investor!
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    488

    More profit to the shareholders

    CBI Announcements

    According to the letter of CBI (dated March 13, 2018), since almost all banks have reached the minimum required capital and their share prices are at low levels, CBI asked the licensed banks to start distributing the bigger part of their profit to the shareholders. In this letter, CBI referred to its letter dated on June 29, 2016, which was related with its decision for banks to make them to allocate 75% of their profits as doubtful loans to cover the losses of branches operating in the areas occupied by ISIS while to distribute the remaining 25% as dividends or increase capital through bonus issue.

  2. #2
    Supporter and Investor! calstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Southeast Coast
    Posts
    2,683
    [QUOTE=James;47968]CBI Announcements

    According to the letter of CBI (dated March 13, 2018), since almost all banks have reached the minimum required capital and their share prices are at low levels, CBI asked the licensed banks to start distributing the bigger part of their profit to the shareholders. In this letter, CBI referred to its letter dated on June 29, 2016, which was related with its decision for banks to make them to allocate 75% of their profits as doubtful loans to cover the losses of branches operating in the areas occupied by ISIS while to distribute the remaining 25% as dividends or increase capital through bonus issue.[/QUOTE Great news!!! James thanks for the info!

  3. #3
    Supporter and Investor!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    477
    very good news for you guys with bank stocks! I'm surprised the share price isn't going up with profits being made? I don't know about making risky loans with 75% though. Isn't that how the CBI said Warka got into financial trouble? Too many risky loans?
    Last edited by Brazileiro; 03-27-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered byvBSocial.com and Block Facebook