Thread: Dinar Value Increase

Default Dinar Value Increase

Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari during Arab Foreign Ministers Conference in Baghdad Al-Maliki calls on companies Arabic to participate in building and reconstruction of Iraq President receives credentials of Ambassadors South Korea Republic, Palestine and the Sultanate of Oman and Saudi Arabia Barzani announces the main lines of the reform strategy in the territory کوردستان start meetings of the economic and Social Council ministerial-level Arab youth and sports allocates 147 billion dinars to implement projects in Diwaniyah Summit Arabic stop elections sports clubs athletics is bringing 4 trainers from Ukraine and Russia Nabil Elaraby : My visit to Baghdad for the final preparations to host Summit securities emphasizes the effect of deleting zeroes on Iraq foreign trading

The Ministry of finance prepares a plan to increase the value of the Iraqi dinar

Iraqi currency
    The Finance Ministry has prepared a plan to increase the value of the dinar against the dollar and then delete the three zeros from dinar to contribute to the advancement of the reality of the Iraqi economy during the period ahead, while the Iraqi Central Bank denied the rumors to make the dollar equal to 1,000 dinars, said a statement issued by the Ministry of finance, the Minister of Finance (Baqir Jabr Al-Zubaydi) emphasized during his recent visit to the Jordanian capital of Oman that the Iraqi Central Bank estimated financial reserve (two 24 billion dollars and three) tonnes of gold intended to support dinar, stressing that successful fiscal policy pursued in Iraq contributed to raise the value of the dinar against the dollar noting that all efforts will be to delete three zeros from the value of the dinar.

shauna would you please show the link for the article at the bottom. It's probably right in front of me but I couldn't find it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    shauna would you please show the link for the article at the bottom. It's probably right in front of me but I couldn't find it. Thanks.
    http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...ews%2F16197%2F That's it. It was a hyperlink at the end of the first paragraph (translated as well).

Quote Originally Posted by shinerguy View Post
    http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...ews%2F16197%2F That's it. It was a hyperlink at the end of the first paragraph (translated as well).
    None of the hyperlinks in the original post point to the article posted.
    The hyperlink you state seems to point to a different article entirely.

Iraq foreign trading

Iraq announced for securities that the deletion of zeros from the local currency will not affect the level of external and internal equity investment.

According to the Commission that the deletion of zeros from the local currency being is organizationally and laitadi is will not affect the level of foreign investment stock trading and the Interior stating that continuous coordination with Central Bank to regulate the process of deletion of zeros and confidence that it will not affect the level of internal and external dealings in stock

With Iraq began to securities initial preparations for membership in the global securities market almalihali securities said on its launch of dalahad off till next Thursday in response to the holidays announced by the Iraqi Government.
    “Oh my God, I know the answer to life and the universe." I thought to myself, "if I could just get off the toilet and tell someone." James
    "Iraq may have oil reserves of 350 billion barrels", Deputy Prime Minister, 4/28/08 copper13

This should be the link to the direct article
    http://www.microsofttranslator.com/B...news%2f1504%2f

It's website is www.alhurriatv.com

hope this helps

This baffles me....the one think I can attest for sure...by the end of this year, or before summer of the next, something is gonna happen...no more 7 years of waiting, no more 5 years of waiting, no more 3 years of waiting....

I really believe these people are ready to make a change, what that would be?......is anyone's best guess....

In a way, I think they are trying to scare speculators so they can sell as much as they can before any change to the currency...logically it will make it easier for them to collect as much as they can.....

They can't come up and say that the stock exchange and commodity trading are not going to be affected....damn right it will be...everyone loves penny stocks!!!...cheap cheap!!....

Anyways...we all are gonna be sitting ducks until all this is being sort out...

MTB71
    "We are ready for an unforeseen event that
    may or may not occur." --Al Gore, VP :swear:

Probably and old article. Jabr has not been MoF for over a years.
    "There are plenty of reasons NOT to buy the Iraqi dinar this year, and plenty of great reasons to buy renminbi instead. So I say stick to the currencies that have value, and leave the dinar for the speculators who don’t know any better." Sean Hyman
    Editor, Currency Cross Trader