Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Supporter and Investor! investindinar's Avatar

My view...

crazyfrank,

Beginning in July, every time I sent an email to '3044', and copied a few other addresses that I already had, I started receiving responses from only Al Wasata using an Al Warka domain! That leads me to believe that '3044' is another email address for Al Wasata. On some responses sent back to me, they seemed to be using a very generic template reminding everybody that if they didn't ask for their proxy shares to be registered with the ISX within the time limit, they would be liquidated, and that they were in the processing of finalizing ... whatever. At first I thought that this message was coming from Mr. I, whom I had included in the original 'TO' address block. However, upon closer examination, I realized that the generic message in question was coming from 'Al Wasata', not anyone else.

Anyway, this hullabaloo about Al Wasata may be a bit overblown. I think Al Wasata is the new name for Al Warka Brokerage and they had to incorporate a new entity in the mix to comply with ISX requirements.

investindinar
    What? Me worry?

Supporter and Investor!
    Thanks for the explanation.

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by investindinar View Post
    At first I thought that this message was coming from Mr. I, whom I had included in the original 'TO' address block. However, upon closer examination, I realized that the generic message in question was coming from 'Al Wasata', not anyone else.
    I see your theory does hold some merit, and it could just be that "3044" and Al Wasata are the same e-mail domain responding to you. This "3044" e-mail identity had always struck me as an odd identity, as most Al Warka bank mail destinations in the past had either a employee name, or department identifier such as the "e-bank" or "account services" nomenclature attached to it. This "3044" identifier for e-mail seemed as though they were shielding a destination to me.

Anyway, this hullabaloo about Al Wasata may be a bit overblown. I think Al Wasata is the new name for Al Warka Brokerage and they had to incorporate a new entity in the mix to comply with ISX requirements
    As far as Al Wasata being an completely new entity goes, I am not 100% on board with that assertion of this being a new sub-division of Al Warka. The only web search results that I can find produce only this one brokerage in Palestine using that name, and they appear to be an independent brokerage firm.

Looking at the ISX web site today, I do not see any brokerage listed under the name Al Wasata as being a broker in the ISX.

http://www.isx-iq.net/isxportal/portal/brokerListContainer.html

Broker List

Baghdad Company
    Al-Abrar Company
    Baram Al-Khair Company

Wahat Al-Nakeel Company
    International United Company
    Credit company

DarAl-Salam company
    Al-Sharqiya Company
    Al-Batek Company

Zahrat Alkhalij Company
    warkaa company
    Economy Free Company

Umal Rabieain Company
    Elaf Company
    Okadh Company

alKassab Brokerage Company
    Tameam Company
    Al-Forat Company

Al-Iraq Company
    Dijila Company
    North Company

Al-Rafidain Company
    Al-Hayat Company
    Al-Baraka Company

Jawhara Brokerage Company
    AL jazera Brokerage Company
    Al-FawzCompany

Al-Hikma Company
    A-Wafa'a Company
    Al-Hadher Company

Al-Nibras Company
    Rabee Securities
    Al-Waha Company

Kurdistan Company
    Al-Qidwa Company
    Atlas Company

Al-Aseel Company
    Al-Karmal Company
    Babylon Co.

Ahli United Company
    ALhamy Company
    Naseem Al-Shmal Company

Noor Al-Wamidh Company
    AL-dalmaa
    AlAthmar Company
    Last edited by crazyfrank; 08-21-2018 at 01:54 PM.
    E Pluribus Unum
    This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private.

Supporter and Investor! investindinar's Avatar

Maybe Al Warka has outsourced that function...

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfrank View Post
    As far as Al Wasata being an completely new entity goes, I am not 100% on board with that assertion of this being a new sub-division of Al Warka. The only web search results that I can find produce only this one brokerage in Palestine using that name, and they appear to be an independent brokerage firm.
    Could it be that Al Warka has outsourced that function to an independent brokerage firm? That would explain the issue of Al Wasata using an Al Warka domain.

I honestly can't say for sure either way.

Just my two dinars worth...

investindinar
    What? Me worry?

Supporter and Investor!
    Could it be that Al Warka has outsourced that function to an independent brokerage firm?
    Yes, this is certainly possible, and if so Warka has been very, very quiet about this. They could have just more easily merged/teamed up with a more local brokerage firm in Iraq, such as Al-Karmal Company rather than a firm in Palestine.

Yes its an expansion in some ways reaching out to new markets beyond the Iraqi borders, but to be so secretive about it makes me worry. Not to mention its one of those places where those card carrying car bomb drivers come from.
    E Pluribus Unum

Supporter and Investor!

What were we asked to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Warka
    Proxy holders whom fail to provide a copy of the colored valid passport and authorization within 15 days from posting this notice on our website will have their shares liquidated and sold and the funds deposited directly into their accounts held at Warka Bank for Investment and Finance.

Please send the requested information directly to our brokerage office 3044@warka-bank-iq.com noting that emails directed to the non relevant department will be disregarded and considered null and void.

Thank you for your fine cooperation.

ok now has anyone been able to confirm or deny this "3044" is, or is not Al Wasta?

because some of us have already sent off color copies of things (passports/drivers licenses) on complete blind faith that they were going to Al Warka in order to complete these proxy share close out transaction, and had no idea they may have indeed gone to this other Al Wasata entity in crazy town Palestine.

E Pluribus Unum

Supporter and Investor!
    I came to pretty much ask the same.

Do i need to resubmit emails stating al wasata instead or warka?

This stuff is getting retarded.
    MONEY NEVER SLEEP$

Supporter and Investor! haggisbasher's Avatar
    W0w.just had e-mail from al-wasata has just sent me a email &,it reads dear sirs,please find attached your electronic stock statment as issued by the isx depository system.
    Best regards.

Shareholders department.
    Warka bank for investment and finance.

An unexpected happening with Al-Wasata Brokerage, good news.also came with jpeg of my trading platform & number with all shares listed.but not warka shares. am thinking end of is year start of new financial year for Iraq, i IQD=FOREX.
    HB.
    Last edited by haggisbasher; 09-13-2018 at 09:55 AM.

Supporter and Investor!
    Quote Originally Posted by haggisbasher View Post
    W0w.just had e-mail from al-wasata has just sent me a email &,it reads dear sirs,please find attached your electronic stock statment as issued by the isx depository system.
    Best regards.

Shareholders department.
    Warka bank for investment and finance.

An unexpected happening with Al-Wasata Brokerage, good news.also came with jpeg of my trading platform & number with all shares listed.but not warka shares. am thinking end of is year start of new financial year for Iraq, i IQD=FOREX.
    HB.

what was the mail you used to contact them ?>

Supporter and Investor! haggisbasher's Avatar