Thread: Tww 5-30-2018

Supporter and Investor!

Tww 5-30-2018

Back in the 70's I was working for a developer in Hawaii where I met an architect/developer from Riyadh...Ahmed & his wife bought 2 waterfront condos thru me... We three went to dinner and he proposed a job opportunity to produce market studies & marketing material for possible property investments... This position was in Riyadh...The future developments would be in Abu dhabi, Bahrain & Kuwait...I went to work there in 1988-1989...I was paid thru a bank in the UK via plastic card in USD.. But my monthly bonuses were also paid in USD & KWD (Kuwaiti Dinar) for the 2 yrs... He explained that the KWD was on the way to a RI... For this could be the best bonus plan ever... He spoke often about the KWD... He had a friend, cousin, in the currency biz..(They didn't have laws about insider trading there.).. My pay was very good so I bought quite a few KWD also thru his cousin...As I left Saudi Arabia back to the USA, I had shipped most of my KWD to a family member to keep sealed until I returned back home...Ahmad called me from the UK for me to call one of his connections here in the USA, NYC... His contact then called me in mid December in1990 & instructed me about Kuwait Re-Instituting their currency, KWD, very soon...At that time the KWD was worth 5cents to the USD...He gave me the date the exchange was going to be available... I flew to NYC to do my exchange with Ahmed's friend Omar...The exchange rate for the KWD went to $3.41...Their currency did not RV, they had a currency so they RI'd their currency...With that being said I "propose" this: Abadi takes suggestions from Kuwait...remember the conference?.. That was to see what other Arab leaders thought about the IQD values when it comes to investing in Iraq... We know what happened at the conference... So now Iraq is still following Kuwait's assistance on how they went thru the RI process... Iraq may not RV but follow Kuwait experience and RI... This is my own humble experience & true to life event."

Supporter and Investor!
    allow me to provide a meaning to all this.......... click here --> Translation

Last edited by crazyfrank; 05-30-2018 at 12:25 PM.
    E Pluribus Unum
    This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private.

Supporter and Investor!
    So, there is still people out there telling this fairy tale about the mythical Kuwaiti RV/RI.

And someone who actually believes that it is true?

Supporter and Investor! PennStateMtnMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bultn View Post
    So, there is still people out there telling this fairy tale about the mythical Kuwaiti RV/RI.

And someone who actually believes that it is true?
    They think we have short term memory.