Thread: CBI web site modifications

Supporter and Investor!

CBI web site modifications

In the last few days the CBI web site has posted a revised pictorial view of all the Dinar currency officially blessed to be in circulation.
    dinar-25000.jpg

They have now super imposed a watermark type script diagonally over each pictorial of each currency with the word "specimen" on all currency on display.

file-153371470575849b.jpg

And some sharp eyes have now seen a second change within the last few days of this new image.

As if you look closely at the lower left bottom corner of each image you will see a "specimen serial number", this was the second recent revision.

file-153371241550614c.jpg

Does this indicate a forward preemptive move by the CBI for future verification processing, if/when something should suddenly change? as overseas banks, not familiar with this currency, begin to see a flood of peeps looking to cash these in? yes?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by crazyfrank; 08-12-2018 at 05:28 PM.
    E Pluribus Unum
    This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private.

Supporter and Investor!
    ok now thinking this through more now, and looking at what they have posted, I think its safe to make some further "assumptions" based on what they have now presented to us.

1. its apparent they have updated the web site with "specimen" category currency on display
    2. this would have a purpose for currency verification, but its not enough for a bank teller to just be able to view an image for verification purposes
    3. when you go to a domestic bank and present currency, lets say you need quarters for the laundry, and ask the teller for $100 in quarters using one single $100 USD bill, the bank teller has standard instructions to verify authenticity. They go thru a quick progression of that process, look for certain markers, watermark, feel paper quality, embedded strip, and quality. My guess is by law each bank may be required to have a "bench mark" currency in house to physically compare submitted suspicious bills. This would apply to many/all currencies not just the IQD. They simply would not just go look at a image off a web site if there was an issue.
    4. The CBI images display serial numbers of each "specimen" shown, and they don't display s/n 0001. The 2013 issue 10k Dinar note shows it s/n 1778, so its safe to assume there are at least 1,778 of them.
    5. They all would need to be controlled, and maintained as primo master copies
    6. Each bank in Iraq certainly would need one of each, in a set.
    7. Any other financial institution (bank) that intends to negotiate this currency would also need one set of each "specimen", and that number could be astronomical.
    Last edited by crazyfrank; 08-12-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    E Pluribus Unum

Supporter and Investor!

Coordination

The latest issue came out as the CBI updated their currency section

https://mriguide.com/

Hmmm...

​$

Supporter and Investor!

ISO 9000 complyance?

Quote Originally Posted by dollarsign View Post

Hmmm...

​$

well something or somebody obviously pushed them into making these sudden updates/improvements, and its quite possible it may have something to do with that ISO 9000 certificate you posted yesterday.
    E Pluribus Unum

Supporter and Investor! Mo Dinar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfrank View Post
    In the last few days the CBI web site has posted a revised pictorial view of all the Dinar currency officially blessed to be in circulation.
    dinar-25000.jpg

They have now super imposed a watermark type script diagonally over each pictorial of each currency with the word "specimen" on all currency on display.

file-153371470575849b.jpg

And some sharp eyes have now seen a second change within the last few days of this new image.

As if you look closely at the lower left bottom corner of each image you will see a "specimen serial number", this was the second recent revision.

file-153371241550614c.jpg

Does this indicate a forward preemptive move by the CBI for future verification processing, if/when something should suddenly change? as overseas banks, not familiar with this currency, begin to see a flood of peeps looking to cash these in? yes?
    Me thinks it is more of a anti-counterfeiting effort in case someone decides to 'screen print' with a color printer and pass them off!

Supporter and Investor!
    Yes I would agree that is another very valid purpose for this imagery change on display. Additionally looking at the actual progression of the change, I tend to look behind the scenes of what has occurred. If I am reading too much into this let me know.

As it was an sudden and immediate change, that they were motivated to make all of a sudden. As we all know the CBI is very deliberate on making any change.

You can see that by the serial numbers of the imagery they chose to use for this display. If it had been a planned event they would have had on hand the initial "specimen" runs to use for this display, and they would have been very low serial numbers, for example they may have been s/n 0001 or such.

What we do see are the higher serial numbers on display, as some are s/n 800 to s/n 1700. So I assume they did not plan for this imagery change. This to me indicates that they physically had this "specimen" version of the currency for some time now, and no longer physically have the lower serial numbers in their possession for such display uses any longer. They used what ever they had on hand at that moment in time.

The lower serial numbers have already been issued out, and they continue to issue them out to banks for verification purposes. There is no way to see now what the most recent serial numbers are, but its safe to assume they are much higher now in the series run by now.

So if this assumption is correct, then its good news in a way, as it may indicate they had already begun possibility preparing other banks (domestic or foreign) for ground level IQD currency negotiation, well prior to this new imagery display change activity.
    Last edited by crazyfrank; 08-16-2018 at 05:11 PM.
    E Pluribus Unum

Supporter and Investor!
    MRI banking currency book this is what the banks would use.this book identifies all the currency notes of every country in the world ..dollarsign brought this forward years ago when he was showing that the small bills existed but we're not listed in this book due to their small value do you remember that dollar sign I'm sure you do
    Last edited by ETA; 08-22-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Supporter and Investor!
    hope all is well ETA. I have that copy somewhere around here, and the really curious may find one at a local bank branch, or perhaps the library.

$