Thread: Several rockets target Basra Airport

Supporter and Investor! Wolverine's Avatar

Several rockets target Basra Airport

https://www.rt.com/news/437942-iraq-basra-rockets/

Several rockets target Basra Airport, close to where US Consulate is located
    Published time: 8 Sep, 2018 07:32

Numerous rockets were fired at Iraq’s Basra airport on Saturday morning following violent protests in the city. Officials said the sudden attack did not disrupt flights in or out of the city.

A local official at Basra International Airport said three rockets were fired at the facility, AP reported on Saturday. He told the news agency that no casualties had been reported and added that the attack did not disrupt air traffic.

Basra airport, the second largest in Iraq, is situated close to the US consulate in the city. Home to some 2.5 million people, Basra is located in the oil-rich Shiite heartland, which saw violent protests overnight.

Thousands of protesters flooded the streets of Basra on Friday, targeting major government buildings and setting them on fire. People in the city expressed anger about endemic corruption, rising unemployment, and a lack of basic utilities, such as drinking water.

Later in the day, rioters attacked and torched the Iranian consulate in downtown Basra. Bahram Qassemi, spokesman for Iran’s Foreign Ministry, condemned the “agitated” attack, saying it caused “considerable material damage.”

Violent protests in Basra erupted earlier this week and have since resulted in the deaths of 11 people, killed in clashes with local security forces.

Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, has ordered an inquiry into the violence, while the parliament announced it will hold an emergency session on Saturday.

Meanwhile in Baghdad, three mortar shells landed inside the capital’s heavily fortified Green Zone just after midnight on Friday, the Iraqi military said. The projectiles hit an “abandoned lot,” resulting in “no casualties or physical damage,” it added.

A security source inside the Green Zone told Reuters the shells landed near the Egyptian embassy. Iraqi security forces launched a search operation to try to determine the spot from which the mortars were fired. As with Basra airport attack, there was no immediate claim of responsibility for the shelling.
    "it just may be a lunatic you're looking for" -- Billy Joel

"Thursday is no longer cruciferous vegetables night" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Supporter and Investor!
    testing testing.......IT SEEMS A SHORT MESSAGE WILL GO THROUGH NOW

I AM UNABLE TO ACCESS WOLVERINES NEW THREAD BUT I DO SEE HE HAS POSTED THE FULL SAME ERROR MESSSAGES NOW ON ALMOST ALL THREADS HERE NOW. IT APPEARS IF YOU HAVE "CAPS LOCK" SELECTED THINGS WORK BETTER?

ALMOST ALL THREADS HERE NOW ARE NO GO.

IF YOU CAN READ THIS I WOULD ASK WE ALL GENERATE A TICKET WITH THE VBULLETIN SERVER MAINFRAME

THIS EVENT INDICATES THIS WEB SITE ADMIN IS EITHER NOT INTERESTED, AFK OR COMPLETELY GONE

THE ONLY WAY BEYOND GETTING THIS WEB SITE OWNER ADMIN TO RESPOND IS TO NOTIFY THE SERVICE PROVIDER V-BULLETIN TO RESPOND

OR IT IS POSSIBLY A VIRUS OR ATTACK OF SOME SORT FROM THE WEB HACKERS

I AM ONLY ABLE TO GET THIS POST REPLY TO GO THROUGH IS IN SHORT STATEMENTS AND ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS

I HAVE TO SELECT "EDIT" AND DO ONE LINE AT A TIME HERE TO GET IT TO PROCESS NOW

I HAVE SEEN WOLERINES NEW THREAD BUT IT IS UNSTABLE NOW

HE HAS POSTED THE SAME COMPLETE ERROR MESSAGE I AM SEEING AS WELL

THIS WEB SITE NEEDS OVERDUE BASIC REPAIR BY THE OWNER OR THE MAIN FRAME WITHIN THE SERVER V-BULLETIN

OR IT IS AN ACTIVE HACKER ATTACK THAT SEEMS TO MOVE FROM POST TO POST LIKE SOMEONE IS WATCHING

THIS SITUATION IS NOT AT OUR LOCAL LEVEL, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG ON OUR SIDE, IT HAS TO BE THE WEB SITE OWNERS TASK TO FIX, OR THE SERVICE PROVIDER V-BULLETIN.COM

IF YOU WISH TO POST HERE DO IT IN SHORT STATEMENTS AND ALL IN CAPS LOCK, AS IT SEEMS TO FUNCTION FOR THE MOMENT THAT WAY HERE NOW FOR ME.

THIS ERROR/FAULT WILL CASCADE HERE SOON, AND THIS ENTIRE WEB SITE WILL GO OFF LINE I ASSUME VERY SOON

SINCE THE OPTION HAS DISAPPEARED TO "CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT" THERE CAN BE NO NEW PEOPLE POSTING HERE NOW

SO THERE MAYBE SOMEONE OUT THERE WATCHING THAT HAS THE SKILL/EXPERIENCE TO SEE THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT WOLVERINE HAS POSTED, AND HAVE A SOLUTION AND THEY CAN NOT LOG IN WITH THAT INFORMATION

WE KNOW THERE ARE QUITE A FEW "LURKERS" OUT THERE SEEKING DINAR INFORMATION AND SEE THIS SITUATION GROW NOW

I WISH TO SUGGEST EVERYONE HERE THAT STILL HAS ACCESS GENERATE A TROUBLE TICKET TO THE MAIN SERVICE PROVIDER V-BULLETIN, AS THE WEB SITE OWNER/ADMIN IS NOT RESPONDING

THAT'S ALL I KNOW, I ASSUME OTHERS ARE TRYING TO POST HERE AND SEEING THE SAME ERROR MESSAGES AS ME, I WOULD SAY TRY THIS CAPS LOCK TRICK AND IN VERY SHORT STATEMENTS SEEMS TO FUNCTION THROUGH EDIT MODE.
    Last edited by crazyfrank; 05-29-2019 at 06:19 PM.
    E Pluribus Unum
    This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private.

Supporter and Investor! Wolverine's Avatar
    ...just nod if you can hear me...is there anyone at home ???
    "it just may be a lunatic you're looking for" -- Billy Joel

"Thursday is no longer cruciferous vegetables night" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper